What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jamaal Charles (1 Viewer)

'ponchsox said:
He slipped on a down marker. They need to reconsider where the place these things.
:rolleyes: where else are they supposed to put them? And radio here is reporting he's done for the year, but aren't being specific as to the injury.

I must be in the minority that I don't think it looked as bad as many here are saying. I would be surprised if he is out for the year.
I just saw the Youtube video posted above and thought the same thing. It looked ugly because he was off-balance and running full speed but I didn't see enough to suggest a serious injury. It looked like his knee gave out and it may have scared him more than anything if hes never experienced something like that before. Didn't look like he completely blew it out or anything though. I'd be mildly surprised if he tore any ligaments.

I must be in the minority that I don't think it looked as bad as many here are saying. I would be surprised if he is out for the year.
His best hope IMO, is if he has only an MCL injury.The knee wobble spoke volumes.

So who do you want? Jones, McClain, or McCluster?

Jones looks done to me. He may get the carries the next couple weeks, but I don't think he has the quickness anymore. McCluster will get points a la a Woodhead, but he won't get more than 5-10 carries a game, so that leaves room for someone else to have a role. McClain is an interesting play. I seem to remember him indicating he signed with the Chiefs because they told him he'd get more offensive opportunities. He got a few carries today and looked ok. That might be the guy to stash out of this mess.

Last edited by a moderator:
So who is the play in Kansas City if he is out? Mccluster or Thomas Jones?
McCluster owners will scream for him but Thomas Jones will likely shoulder the load for better or worse.
McCluster owner here. He will see more touches no doubt but I don't see anyway that he could handle more than 10-12 carries a game. If he could get around that and expected work in the passing game he becomes a solid PPR flex option IMO.Jones looks to be the main ball carrier but the way this KC team has looked I'm tempering my expectations for everyone on that team.

So who do you want? Jones, McClain, or McCluster? Jones looks done to me. He may get the carries the next couple weeks, but I don't think he has the quickness anymore. McCluster will get points a la a Woodhead, but he won't get more than 5-10 carries a game, so that leaves room for someone else to have a role. McClain is an interesting play. I seem to remember him indicating he signed with the Chiefs because they told him he'd get more offensive opportunities. He got a few carries today and looked ok. That might be the guy to stash out of this mess.
:goodposting:

Wow. Nevermind fantasy football. Having that guy miss the year is just bad for the sport I love. The Chiefs are a black eye in the NFL thus far as it is. Without Charles and you have the leading contenders for Andrew Luck draft pick.

'tsarc888 said:
wow, Chiefs were already looking like they were going to take a huge step backwards this year......this news could enter them in the Luck derby.
They've been in the Luck derby. One of 3 teams that looks bad enough. They're the favorites now.

Jones looks done to me. He may get the carries the next couple weeks, but I don't think he has the quickness anymore. McCluster will get points a la a Woodhead, but he won't get more than 5-10 carries a game, so that leaves room for someone else to have a role. McClain is an interesting play. I seem to remember him indicating he signed with the Chiefs because they told him he'd get more offensive opportunities. He got a few carries today and looked ok. That might be the guy to stash out of this mess.
:goodposting:
No, he was complaining in Baltimore but when he arrived in KC he said his job was just to block or whatever...Of course, he probably WILL get more touches now.As far as a KC RB to own: I am going with none of the above. THis teams is spiraling. Cassell looks to be in a state of shock.

Charles long -term, I think I'm off the train. An ACL to a guy whose game is based on speed is a bad combo. I think its 2013 if ever we see Charles being Charles again. Terrible injury in real life and Fantasy

I feel bad for Charles. He has been on my ff teams for two years and he has made me a KC Chiefs fan. Hopefully it happened earlier enough in the season that he will be ready for the start of next season.

FWIW McClain looked like he had lead in his shoes today. can't see him being anything more than a blocker for whoever else they put back there w/ 5-8 touches a game himself. Me might be a decent goal line pick up if you are in a TD only league I guess.

For dynasty leagues, how likely is he to come back at full strength next year following ACL surgery?
Very unlikely. If he was a "power" back, maybe he'd be a good bounceback candidate for 2012. But for a guy who relies on speed and elusiveness, you're really looking at 2013 before he's back to form. Maybe late 2012 if everything goes well.Edited to remove the "very." If it's just one tendon, maybe he's ready to go by week 1 next year, but that's still not something you should plan on as a dynasty owner. I agree with MOP that his value just dropped through the floor, so if you own him, you might as well hang on to him and see how it goes.

FWIW McClain looked like he had lead in his shoes today. can't see him being anything more than a blocker for whoever else they put back there w/ 5-8 touches a game himself. Me might be a decent goal line pick up if you are in a TD only league I guess.
I guess the point is if we can safely assume McCluster, while he'll have an enhanced role, isn't capable of shouldering feature back carries and is more built as a swing guy in the passing game with occasional change of pace rushes, then there's 15-20 carries a game that will be going to either Jones or McClain or some combination of the two. McClain may be worth a stash. Less talented backs have done more with an opportunity to get legit carries (i.e. Benjarvus Green-Ellis, Earnest Graham).

So I had a trade that went through yesterday in my dynasty league where I traded Charles and Dallas Clark for Ingram, TB Mike Williams, Jimmy Graham and Cam Newton. I was retooling. Now the owner is going behind my back and saying there has been a precident set 5 years ago that when a player gets injured right after an injury the commish has reversed the trade. He's threatening to leave the league and take a couple memebers with him. I was not in the league then, and all but four long time members never heard of this rule. It's not even a rule. I can't believe there is a chance for this to get overruled after the trade has been processed.

It should be told that the guy played both of these players in his lineup today.

So I had a trade that went through yesterday in my dynasty league where I traded Charles and Dallas Clark for Ingram, TB Mike Williams, Jimmy Graham and Cam Newton. I was retooling. Now the owner is going behind my back and saying there has been a precident set 5 years ago that when a player gets injured right after an injury the commish has reversed the trade. He's threatening to leave the league and take a couple memebers with him. I was not in the league then, and all but four long time members never heard of this rule. It's not even a rule. I can't believe there is a chance for this to get overruled after the trade has been processed.

It should be told that the guy played both of these players in his lineup today.
The guy is trying to rescind a trade, even though he started those players he traded for? :thumbdown:

How long are you supposed to warranty your his players?

So I had a trade that went through yesterday in my dynasty league where I traded Charles and Dallas Clark for Ingram, TB Mike Williams, Jimmy Graham and Cam Newton. I was retooling. Now the owner is going behind my back and saying there has been a precident set 5 years ago that when a player gets injured right after an injury the commish has reversed the trade. He's threatening to leave the league and take a couple memebers with him. I was not in the league then, and all but four long time members never heard of this rule. It's not even a rule. I can't believe there is a chance for this to get overruled after the trade has been processed.It should be told that the guy played both of these players in his lineup today.
If he tries this, ask for your money back and never look back. That's incredibly dumb.

So I had a trade that went through yesterday in my dynasty league where I traded Charles and Dallas Clark for Ingram, TB Mike Williams, Jimmy Graham and Cam Newton. I was retooling. Now the owner is going behind my back and saying there has been a precident set 5 years ago that when a player gets injured right after an injury the commish has reversed the trade. He's threatening to leave the league and take a couple memebers with him. I was not in the league then, and all but four long time members never heard of this rule. It's not even a rule. I can't believe there is a chance for this to get overruled after the trade has been processed.It should be told that the guy played both of these players in his lineup today.
That has to be the dumbest thing I've ever read on this board. Please direct this guy to this thread so we can have a few words with him. Anyone that makes a trade only to be unlucky enough to have those players get hurt, has to realize that it is just part of the game of fantasy football.

Let him leave. You're better off without him. And why on earth would other owners leave? Does he have pictures of them doing terrible things to a goat?

Really sucks for Charles and hope he gets back to health quickly.

I have Mcluster in the subscriber contest so hoping he gets a bump and looked at him as a pickup last week for a flex option. Dont think I will get him this week because someone should be grabbing him.

IMO Bowe will get a bump here and maybe another WR. Chiefs will have to throw the ball to win a couple games this year. Jones looks really poor and teams wont respect him very long, this coming from a Jones owner.

Wow this guy is a tool. Tell him to shove his head where the sun don't shine if the commish reverse the trade. Commish should never interfere unless there's evidence of collusion but this case is not even close. I lost Gore last year, and lost MJD in the playoff last year. It's all luck sometimes. Hope the commish do the right thing. Good luck!

No doubt that Thomas Jones is the man. While McCluster is explosive he just wasn't designed to carry the load. I think McClain may get some goal line carries, but with Cassel ailing and looking rocked look for the vet Thomas Jones to have to earn his money and help solidify the the offense. I'd go out and grab Jones now.. run, don't walk. He has done the best Curtis Martin impersonation I've seen. I don't know what they have on their practice squad, but I'd say look for the Chiefs to dial up the Cowboys. My guess is Tashard might be another horse in the stable for KC and they will sign/draft RB next year.

Kind of from the gut here are my top-end initial thoughts:

Moderate TJ projections to finish with 900 Rushing and 8TD. 200 Receiving 1 TD.

McCluster 300 rushing 1TD and 400 Receiving 3TD

McClain 250 rushing 5TD

No doubt that Thomas Jones is the man. While McCluster is explosive he just wasn't designed to carry the load. I think McClain may get some goal line carries, but with Cassel ailing and looking rocked look for the vet Thomas Jones to have to earn his money and help solidify the the offense. I'd go out and grab Jones now.. run, don't walk. He has done the best Curtis Martin impersonation I've seen. I don't know what they have on their practice squad, but I'd say look for the Chiefs to dial up the Cowboys. My guess is Tashard might be another horse in the stable for KC and they will sign/draft RB next year.Kind of from the gut here are my top-end initial thoughts:Moderate TJ projections to finish with 900 Rushing and 8TD. 200 Receiving 1 TD.McCluster 300 rushing 1TD and 400 Receiving 3TDMcClain 300 rushing 5TD
Would Battle be in the mix?

No doubt that Thomas Jones is the man. While McCluster is explosive he just wasn't designed to carry the load. I think McClain may get some goal line carries, but with Cassel ailing and looking rocked look for the vet Thomas Jones to have to earn his money and help solidify the the offense. I'd go out and grab Jones now.. run, don't walk. He has done the best Curtis Martin impersonation I've seen. I don't know what they have on their practice squad, but I'd say look for the Chiefs to dial up the Cowboys. My guess is Tashard might be another horse in the stable for KC and they will sign/draft RB next year.

McClain 250 rushing 5TD
Lol, did you watch Thomas Jones lately ?

the guy is TOASTED

McClain 250 rushing 5TD

the guy is TOASTED
he's awful...problem is they are gonna be so bad this year, I don't think any RB they have will have value this year.

No doubt that Thomas Jones is the man. While McCluster is explosive he just wasn't designed to carry the load. I think McClain may get some goal line carries, but with Cassel ailing and looking rocked look for the vet Thomas Jones to have to earn his money and help solidify the the offense. I'd go out and grab Jones now.. run, don't walk. He has done the best Curtis Martin impersonation I've seen. I don't know what they have on their practice squad, but I'd say look for the Chiefs to dial up the Cowboys. My guess is Tashard might be another horse in the stable for KC and they will sign/draft RB next year.Kind of from the gut here are my top-end initial thoughts:Moderate TJ projections to finish with 900 Rushing and 8TD. 200 Receiving 1 TD.McCluster 300 rushing 1TD and 400 Receiving 3TDMcClain 250 rushing 5TD
LOL, you must own TJ. :lmao:

No doubt that Thomas Jones is the man. While McCluster is explosive he just wasn't designed to carry the load. I think McClain may get some goal line carries, but with Cassel ailing and looking rocked look for the vet Thomas Jones to have to earn his money and help solidify the the offense. I'd go out and grab Jones now.. run, don't walk. He has done the best Curtis Martin impersonation I've seen. I don't know what they have on their practice squad, but I'd say look for the Chiefs to dial up the Cowboys. My guess is Tashard might be another horse in the stable for KC and they will sign/draft RB next year.Kind of from the gut here are my top-end initial thoughts:Moderate TJ projections to finish with 900 Rushing and 8TD. 200 Receiving 1 TD.McCluster 300 rushing 1TD and 400 Receiving 3TDMcClain 250 rushing 5TD
lol, 16 tds....they may not get that as a team between passing and rushing. I need to start smoking some of that montanagold...must be sweet.

The last RB I can remember who tore his ACL was Willis McGahee, who tore his ACL at Miami (watch the video.. it's ugly). I believe it toko him at least 2 yrs to be back to normal.

Same for Welker. He tore it two years ago, was OK last year and is off to a good start this year.

I tore my ACL a few months ago, it's no fun. The rehab is a longgggggggg process. At least a year a before your new ligament is back to full strength.

Yeah, this makes no sense. Id be pissed if I was him too, because you fleeced him in that trade even when Charles was healthy :lol:

None, I want Bowe. The Chiefs are going to be behind and none of the RBs you listed are going to be studs. I'll take the WR who will most likely be seeing the majority of targets for a team that has major defensive deficiencies.

Mccluster listed in yahoo as a wr/rb. Does he have enough upside to take advantage of this if you have poor receivers depth?

I realize Charles has a couple inches and it looks like 20lbs on McCluster, but Charles was undersized himself and people expected him to get 15-20 carries/game. With how done Jones looks, I dont see how McCluster doesnt get around 12 carries/game and at least a few catches. Plus he's now the most explosive part of their offense.

If Im picking 1 or the other, Id go McCluster

'Young 8 said:
'montanagold said:

McClain 250 rushing 5TD

the guy is TOASTED
I have.. and I don't disagree. But, so did Curtis Martin and I rode him to championship over and over.

Users who are viewing this thread