What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeremy Shockey (1 Viewer)

D-BO

Footballguy
I didn't see the game but saw he wasn't getting many looks or catches. Is he hurt or his ankle hampering him?? Any homers have a take?

I didn't see the game but saw he wasn't getting many looks or catches. Is he hurt or his ankle hampering him?? Any homers have a take?
Can't figure out what's going on with Shockey. He seems to run fine on some plays... and hobbles around horribly on others. I think he's having trouble getting open because of the injury and Eli just isn't looking his way these days. Pretty bad when he only hauls in 17 of Manning's 371 passing yards.

This guy has been hurting since he entered the league. He is never at 100% and it almost always affects his production.

This guy has been hurting since he entered the league. He is never at 100% and it almost always affects his production.
Unofrtunately, that is an accurate statement. I have him in 2 leagues this year. He can be a monster when he is playing, but he seems to spend an inordinate amount of time banged up.But I don't recall seeing him on the injury list this week. Did I miss his name, or did Coughlin leave him off the list?

I don't think it was due to injury. The Iggles owned PettiGUT yesterday. Seemed to me he was staying in to block alot. When he did go out for a pass he was getting frustrated by not getting the rock. Eagles D played him very well on those few occasions where he went out for a pass.The game in itself was odd. The Eagles should have been up like 31-7. They had about 300 yards at one point while the G-men didn't even have 100(94,96 or somesuch). The Eagles just didn't convert those high yardage stats into points. Eventually the G-men got some life into them and came back to win, but for at least half the game IMO they were ugly. Toomer got a few passes, Barber a few runs but all in all they were ugly.

Unofrtunately, that is an accurate statement. I have him in 2 leagues this year. He can be a monster when he is playing, but he seems to spend an inordinate amount of time banged up.But I don't recall seeing him on the injury list this week. Did I miss his name, or did Coughlin leave him off the list?
I believe he was a late addition as Probable. There were times on Sunday that Shockey actually pulled himself out of the game and limped to the sidelines. He wasn't even in the game during the OT drive. He's obviously playing with a lot of discomfort.

(KFFL) ESPNews reports New York Giants TE Jeremy Shockey (ankle) suffered an aggravated ankle injury in Week 2 and his status for Week 3 is uncertain.

Giants Monday injury update, TE Shockey needs more test

Written by: Michael Eisen ¦ 9/18/2006

Source: www.giants.com

Amani Toomer said he felt better today after stretching the limits of his endurance in the game. After his 12-catch gem, Toomer needed four bags of fluid of from an IV to stave off cramping. His walk from the trainers room to his locker was completed at the same approximate speed of a baby's crawl, and he needed help removing his equipment.

"I feel all right," Toomer said. "I'm a little sore from the cramps, that's about it."

Toomer was in such discomfort on the field, Manning suggested to his favorite target that he take a temporary leave of absence.

"I told him at one point to get out of the game, but he said, �No, I'm staying in' and he made some big plays for us," Manning said.

"I definitely didn't want to go out of the game," Toomer said. "I went out for a play and I came back in. It's the type of game where you have to dig down into whatever to stay on the field."

Coughlin said Jeremy Shockey's ankle is sore and swollen. "I think he was going for further tests, but he's had these tests before," Coughlin said.

If Shockey plays in Seattle, he will have the bye week to rest his ankle.

"I hope we get him," Coughlin said. "It's been a process where we've gotten him toward the end of the week. We thought he was better the second week than he was the first week. I'm holding out that perhaps he'll be at least equal to where he's been the last couple of weeks. We'll have to see."

Safety James Butler sprained his knee and is day-to-day.

http://www.giants.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread