What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jerrell Freeman (1 Viewer)

Cipherchris

Footballguy
What do you guys think his longevity is? Should I sell him while he still has value? Will he be an afterthought when Angerer comes back or will Kavell take the back seat?

Been offered Quincy Black and Albert McClellan for him (+ some 3rd picks)

What do you guys think his longevity is? Should I sell him while he still has value? Will he be an afterthought when Angerer comes back or will Kavell take the back seat? Been offered Quincy Black and Albert McClellan for him (+ some 3rd picks)
I am curious to know too. I am holding him in the leagues i have him in. He was being talked about since preseason, so apparently there is something to this kid.

Though he hasn't been dominant by any stretch, I doubt the Colts are moving on from Pat Angerer. Kavell Conner is a stop gap type player, however, and Freeman was already bumping Conner from subpackages and now Moise Fokou is doing the same. So there's a chance Freeman pushes Conner out of the lineup entirely, but it seems unlikely for now.

What do you guys think his longevity is? Should I sell him while he still has value? Will he be an afterthought when Angerer comes back or will Kavell take the back seat? Been offered Quincy Black and Albert McClellan for him (+ some 3rd picks)
Think Minnesota will be a better indicator of the Colts LB situation,imo he is worth holding until the colts bye week

Another big week.

Chances of him staying in nickel post-Angerer return?

Even if he does stay in the nickel, how much do his numbers regress with Angerer in there.

Another thing to keep in mind is just how fantasy friendly are the Colts scorekeepers. Away at Chicago Conner and Freeman had 0 combined assists and home last week they had 8 (seven for Freeman alone).

What do you guys think his longevity is? Should I sell him while he still has value? Will he be an afterthought when Angerer comes back or will Kavell take the back seat?

Think we will see Jerrell Freeman and Angerer in subpackages, possibly seeing him hold WILB from Conner

Last edited by a moderator:

Think we will see Jerrell Freeman and Angerer in subpackages, possibly seeing him hold WILB from Conner
News: Freeman and Pat Angerer are expected to rotate at one inside linebacking spot next to Kavell Conner when Angerer returns to the lineup from a foot injury, the Terre Haute Star-Tribune reports. (Thu Sep 27)Spin: Freeman leads the Colts in tackles, but it looks like he may lose his starting role. It also sounds like Angerer may be eased into action as he attempts to return from a broken foot in Week 5 after Indy's bye week.

Wow that sucks...he has been a heck of a good WW find in the offseason. And now I need him because bye weeks are kicking in

This isn't going to be a clean transition.

It's not surprising that they're planning to use Freeman to help ease Angerer back into the mix. They like Conner and Freeman hasn't been working at that ILB position. Also, Freeman has been good, but inconsistent in the base defense. So there's not a clear case to be made for Freeman to start at either ILB spot. There's also a case to be made that Angerer won't stick in nickel packages right away. Moise Fokou has been decent in coverage and Freeman has some pass rush upside that Angerer does not. There's no clear financial / future incentive here either, as the three main cogs are all signed through 2013.

Expect a lot of rotation and shuffling in the first two weeks Angerer is back as the Colts evaluate the mix.

I'm a bit surprised.....having watched the Colts a fair amount, I don't think Kavell Conner is even starter quality material. He isn't exactly around the ball a lot, he doesn't look explosive, etc. Very interested in what others think, b/c IMO Jerrell Freeman offers much more upside in both NFL and fantasy.

This isn't going to be a clean transition.It's not surprising that they're planning to use Freeman to help ease Angerer back into the mix. They like Conner and Freeman hasn't been working at that ILB position. Also, Freeman has been good, but inconsistent in the base defense. So there's not a clear case to be made for Freeman to start at either ILB spot. There's also a case to be made that Angerer won't stick in nickel packages right away. Moise Fokou has been decent in coverage and Freeman has some pass rush upside that Angerer does not. There's no clear financial / future incentive here either, as the three main cogs are all signed through 2013.Expect a lot of rotation and shuffling in the first two weeks Angerer is back as the Colts evaluate the mix.
this week against GB, Indy will be in the nickle a lot; so do u think Angerer will get uch time or stick w/ Freeman

Good New for Freeman

Gary Davenport‏@IDPManor

IND ILB P. Angerer ruled out for Week 5 (foot). #IDP LB2 has yet to play in 2012, hope for Week 6. https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/254257134773088256 … #fantasyfootball

This isn't going to be a clean transition.

It's not surprising that they're planning to use Freeman to help ease Angerer back into the mix. They like Conner and Freeman hasn't been working at that ILB position. Also, Freeman has been good, but inconsistent in the base defense. So there's not a clear case to be made for Freeman to start at either ILB spot. There's also a case to be made that Angerer won't stick in nickel packages right away. Moise Fokou has been decent in coverage and Freeman has some pass rush upside that Angerer does not. There's no clear financial / future incentive here either, as the three main cogs are all signed through 2013.

Expect a lot of rotation and shuffling in the first two weeks Angerer is back as the Colts evaluate the mix.
this week against GB, Indy will be in the nickle a lot; so do u think Angerer will get uch time or stick w/ Freeman

What exactly is his role now? Seems to be still putting up good numbers with Angerer back. What does this situation look like going forward?

What exactly is his role now? Seems to be still putting up good numbers with Angerer back. What does this situation look like going forward?
http://www.stampedeblue.com/2012/10/23/3541408/colts-seem-to-be-phasing-kavell-conner-out-of-defenseFreeman seems to be the main stay, but as Angerer gets healthy competition for tackles will increase.
The article says that Conner is the odd man out going forward, as Angerer gets healthy. So Freeman will be on the field. Hmmm....sounds familiar....
I'm a bit surprised.....having watched the Colts a fair amount, I don't think Kavell Conner is even starter quality material. He isn't exactly around the ball a lot, he doesn't look explosive, etc. Very interested in what others think, b/c IMO Jerrell Freeman offers much more upside in both NFL and fantasy.

Users who are viewing this thread