What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jets' RB...Do they actually go into the season (1 Viewer)

Poppa

Footballguy
Do they not have a NEED at RB...???

Martin - 33 tomorrow.

Houston - a 6th rounder in 2005, 3.7ypc in limited action.

Blaylock - a 5th rounder in 2001, KC stud for a couple games, coming off injury.

This can't be it...can't possibly cut it in the NY market...could it??

Jets homers...how will they address?

:confused:

My sense is that since they didn't view anyone as the future, Mangini is content to use some combination of the three this year.

IMO, Curtis will probably be given a chance to dip back into the fountain of youth, but more likely my guess is that Curtis will be the primary 1st/2nd down guy, with Blaylock on 3rd and Houston spelling Curtis from time to time.

Just a hunch though, as there hasn't been much locally to go on yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Houston looked pretty good
When I noticed that the JEts did not grab anyone in the draft on day 1 during my FA night last night I called him out, made a singe bid and got him at double the league minimum which is extremely cheap if they wind up going with this guy. It's a flyer like this that can win a championship. It may not pan out and it only costs me a million out of a $32 million cap. Rollin the dice, baby!!!

the jets just selected RB/WR brad smith from missouri at the top of the 4th

of course he played QB at missu :popcorn:

edit to add: he was a "RB" on the ESPN screen...labeled as a "WR" on NFL.com

Last edited:
leon washington just went to the jets

he's got real potential

Leon Washington Height: 5-8Weight: 20240 Speed: 4.42* Position: Running BackCollege: Florida StateFinal Grade: G 6.0 GM JR Scouting LLC Grading Scale/Key SUMMARY Washington has been a very hard player to get a good feel for because of his constant rotating in and out of games. He is a very well built back with the power and strength to be an effective runner once he gets past the line of scrimmage. He can keep his feet vs. hard hits and has shown the ability to lower a shoulder to deliver a hard blow to tackler to gain the extra yard at the end of the run. He has the very quick feet, acceleration, vision, instincts and playing speed to make big plays and plays a lot of Ryan Moats who was drafted in the third round by the Philadelphia Eagles. On film, Washington is a tough football player and has the physique to hold up physically in the NFL, but he is going to have to prove that. Overall, Washington is going to be a very good NFL starting running back if used in a system similar to what the Eagles use. But if used in a more traditional NFL offense, he is best suited as a backup running back, starting third down back and punt returner. But be careful not to over-draft him because of his lack of size and experience carrying the offensive load on his back. STRONG POINTS Washington is a very good athlete with the quick feet, burst and agility to make plays when he has the ball in his hands. Once he gets into space, he is a dangerous runner because he can make tacklers miss and has the strength to run through arm tackles and keeps his feet vs. dive tackles/hits. He has very good hands, which makes him a dangerous receiver out of the backfield and can make plays returning punts. He is a tough runner who consistently plays bigger than he looks and keeps his feet churning until he is on the ground. WEAKNESSES No doubt Washington is shorter than ideal and few running backs under 5-foot-8 have ever developed into good NFL starting running backs. Despite being well built for his size, Washington does not consistently break tackles. The main concern is that despite his natural talent, he has not proven himself as a 25-plus carry a game starter over an entire college season and rarely do players who were not full-time starters in college become NFL starters. He needs to do a better job of wrapping up the ball when he runs in tight quarters.

leon washington just went to the jets

he's got real potential
Hes has grat character and is a VERY humble guy. I cant believe (forget which team) drafted Michael Robinson over Leon, who is a true RB. You guys got a steal. With the 2 olinemen you singed in the first 2 rounds, Leon should have a nice line to run behind.Nice pick :thumbup: Heres some things ill mention from seeing him play the past 3 years. THIS KID IS STRONG! He reminds me of Emmit in a sense. Runs low and has very nice cutback skills.

the above analysis on his weakness is something he can fix. Hopefully the JETs coaches can mold him into a great back (which i tihnk they can).

Can contribute in the return game, as well. Also has very good hands, stood out at the Senior Bowl and Combine.

I'll again reinforce ROAR, very good character. A lot has been made of showing up overweight last fall, but he did it to help family in Jax. Is an outstanding leader and team player.

Can contribute in the return game, as well. Also has very good hands, stood out at the Senior Bowl and Combine.

I'll again reinforce ROAR, very good character. A lot has been made of showing up overweight last fall, but he did it to help family in Jax. Is an outstanding leader and team player.
how did getting fat help his family?

how did getting fat help his family?
:lmao: I think he meant that by having to help his family, he didnt run/hit weights for a week or two, so he gained some lbs. Id assume hes back down to his normal weight though.

I don't think he's the RB of the future, but who knows he could turn into another Westbrook.

Dont count him out though, hes a tough kid with a big heart.

Lets just see if he can adjust to the cold weather lol

Admittedly, I don't know much about Leon, but I'm intrigued.

Still, he's got a Hall Of Famer and two other decent RBs to jump over, so I wouldn't get too excited yet.

Users who are viewing this thread