What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

John Brown Hype Train- Not as bad of reach as I thought (1 Viewer)

What is he around wr25-30 now in redrafts? Is he ahead or below Martavis Bryant?
Bryant is easily ahead still. Bryant was getting drafting in the 5th in NFFC PPR 12 team drafts. Now it is different since the news about Wheaton but I am pretty sure he is still going ahead.

That tells me that Brown is the value because I have them dead even. Good to know. I don't really do any redrafts.

Brown could even become the #1 target as Fitz is getting old.
Much in the same way Hilton blew up out of nowhere, as Wayne was showing age. Yes T.Y had Luck - but the situation is eerily similar, especially when you consider Arians is the common denimomator in both of those equations.If Carson stays healthy, Mr. John Brown is going to blow up this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just drafted in a 10 team PPR (going to expand to 12 finally next year after a couple of us begged for expansion). Got Brown in the 11th round...

Took him at the 7/8 turn in MFL10. Not taking any chances..

Boldin was there... *rubs eyes, bridge of nose with 2 fingers*

Took him at the 7/8 turn in MFL10. Not taking any chances..

Boldin was there... *rubs eyes, bridge of nose with 2 fingers*
Now if only Boldin was still playing on the Cardinals - team him with Fitz and Brown and that would be awesome.

On this train now, grabbed him at the bottom of the 9th last night. What do people think his floor/ceiling is this year ?

Anyone have recent drafts? Where did he go? I have an auction coming up on Wednesday and I am locking this kid up.

12 team draft back on August 22nd I got him with pick 12.09

16 team draft on Aug 31 with flex and super flex I got him with pick 7.04

Anyone have recent drafts? Where did he go? I have an auction coming up on Wednesday and I am locking this kid up.
10.6, 37th WR off the board in my 12 team redraft on Saturday.
crazy value... personally dont think id let him slide past rnd 6-7
40th WR, pick 11.2 for me in my 12 teamer last week (only 2 WR + a flex). Now I get the headache of choosing between him, K Wright (took in the 8th), and Agholor (6th) weekly. I sort of intentionally wanted to see how far he'd fall but eventually had to take him.

seems he isn't widely acclaimed yet.

My most recent 12 team (re)draft was the evening of Sept 2. He fell to me at pick 8.07, 36th WR overall. WRs go early & often in this league.

Insanity.

A lot of ppl are going to be regretting passing on him, or not paying more attention to fine details.

Have him as my 4th wr and really don't know why he's not being drafted higher. I have another draft tomorrow and will definitely target him and Robinson in the mid rounds and I hope I'm as successful as my last draft. The buzz has been increasing quite a bit on him but it hasn't really translated to ADP...I'm really excited to see what he does this year.

I have to admit Brown was not high priority for me, but being able to land him cheaply in two leagues is making me happy. I think he can sneak into the top 20 if Palmer stays healthy. All I know is that I'll be starting Brown @ flex in my most important league week 1 (.5 PPR; Saints sans Keenan Lewis are in town).

Let me preface this by saying that I love this kid and I think he is going to be the future at WR for the Cards. And I own him in most of my leagues.

However, I do think people are forgetting that Floyd missed the preseason so Brown was running as the WR2. Once Floyd comes back, it will be hard to tell week-to-week who will get the balls. I think Brown will lead the charge this year, but there are only so many balls to go around and I could see him putting up some duds too.

So I am cautiously optimistic that he will have a good year, but I'm keeping my expectations relatively low.

kutta said:
Let me preface this by saying that I love this kid and I think he is going to be the future at WR for the Cards. And I own him in most of my leagues.

However, I do think people are forgetting that Floyd missed the preseason so Brown was running as the WR2. Once Floyd comes back, it will be hard to tell week-to-week who will get the balls. I think Brown will lead the charge this year, but there are only so many balls to go around and I could see him putting up some duds too.

So I am cautiously optimistic that he will have a good year, but I'm keeping my expectations relatively low.
I sort of agree....but I think his upside may be higher than some of us think.

Wasn't it last year the Cards were actively shopping Michael Floyd preseason?

I can't remember really, but I seem to think that was going on, or there were many rumors about it.

It would not shock me if they ousted Floyd altogether at some point, and it cleared the way for Jaron Brown and some of the others on the depth chart to be honest.

I guess it would be hard to get rid of Floyd for anything after the recent injury, but maybe if he does ok the first few games then they could move him.

Regardless, I looked at a lot of last years games with John Brown and just love the guy. He is certainly being touted as the second coming, when anyone is asked about him.

I own him as a WR3 or WR4 in every money league I am in.

In my leagues we always start 3 WR spots.

Absolutely loving having this guy as a WR3.

TZM

Missed on Jo. Brown; went one round early. Tried to trade for him during the draft by packaging Charles Johnson MIN + Stevie Johnson SD but he wouldn't pull the trigger. Love Brown's upside...

Missed on Jo. Brown; went one round early. Tried to trade for him during the draft by packaging Charles Johnson MIN + Stevie Johnson SD but he wouldn't pull the trigger. Love Brown's upside...
what round?

Wow, that would've been tough for me to turn down.

what round?
I took Alllen Robinson 8.05. He took Brown 8.10. I got Johnson 9.08. Wondering if I could've reversed my approach and ended up with Brown then Robinson. Oh well

Wow, that would've been tough for me to turn down.
He was really close...in the end, I think it was easier to say "no" than anguish over the deal

Users who are viewing this thread