What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

John Fox..... (1 Viewer)

jchapman70

Footballguy
Per John Fox today. Jake Delhomme will go on IR and have surgery on the elbow. John did not give a estimated time he'd be out.

I have no link....I sent the press conference out...so this was just announced.

Surprised by this especially considering that Delhomme was throwing on the sideline on Sunday when Carr got lit up.

During the Panthers and Saints game yesterday the announcers said Fox told them Jake might come in the 2nd half.

Last edited by a moderator:
Per Rotoworld:

Panthers coach John Fox announced Monday that Jake Delhomme will undergo elbow surgery and be placed on injured reserve, ending his season.

David Carr will take over as Carolina's full-time starter, and the team will likely explore adding a veteran to back him up, instead of going with undrafted rookie Matt Moore. Delhomme was off to a terrific start to the year and this is a big blow to all Panthers skill players. Carr was decent in Week 5 against a poor New Orleans secondary, but isn't an option in shallow leagues. Oct. 8 - 1:04 pm et

(KFFL) ESPNews reports Carolina Panthers QB Jake Delhomme (elbow) will require surgery and miss the remainder of the season.

As a Panther fan having David Carr in as QB is a VERY scary option. We are probably the worst 3-2 team in the NFL. Our defense is NOT good. Our offense is NOT good. Our special teams is NOT good. We are not a good team.

As a Panther fan having David Carr in as QB is a VERY scary option. We are probably the worst 3-2 team in the NFL. Our defense is NOT good. Our offense is NOT good. Our special teams is NOT good. We are not a good team.
Carr was hurt in the game as well. Took pain killers & injections just to get back in there. There's a chance he's not doing all that well today...Calling Jeff George, Vinnie T, Neil O'Donnell, anyone???

Carr was hurt in the game as well. Took pain killers & injections just to get back in there. There's a chance he's not doing all that well today...Calling Jeff George, Vinnie T, Neil O'Donnell, anyone???
I think Chris Weinke is available. Not a great option, but there is no doubt he knows the system.

I think Chris Weinke is available. Not a great option, but there is no doubt he knows the system.
System = Direct snap to DeAngelo Williams?

Believe it or not, they still believe they have a shot at the division this year (which is poor at best). They already know that Weinke can't get it done based on last year. I think they'll try and get a servicable veteran instead.

Believe it or not, they still believe they have a shot at the division this year (which is poor at best). They already know that Weinke can't get it done based on last year. I think they'll try and get a servicable veteran instead.
I don't find this hard to believe. They are tied for 1st in a weak division so, why not? :thumbdown:

What do you think Delhomme's long term value is? Next year and beyond? This is for those who have him in a dynasty. I think he's still rosterable with SMith there, but maybe just barely. Thoughts?

What do you think Delhomme's long term value is? Next year and beyond? This is for those who have him in a dynasty. I think he's still rosterable with SMith there, but maybe just barely. Thoughts?
Good question. Delhomme is getting pretty old too. One has to wonder if Carolina will be looking for a new QB for next year and beyond?

Yes, so he run directly toward the sidelines. Does he every run towards the goal posts?

I could be wrong, but didn't he throw for 400+ yards in a single game last year. I am not saying he is the saviour, but if you are looking for someone to come in and start (if necessary) off the bat, I can't imagine a better option out there.

Weinke is probably their best bet, considering that he was on the roster last year. But they are in big trouble here -- Carr and Delhomme were basically the only QBs who played in preseason, and Moore is an undrafted rookie. They have one kid on the practice squad (Quinton Porter) but he didn't play in preseason and has never taken a snap in a regular season game. I suppose Rodney Peete is an option as well, but he's been retired for 2 years.

:pickle:

:lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread