What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Josh Barfield (1 Viewer)

D-BO

Footballguy
Slow start, like alot of others? He was a top prospect just a short time ago. Are you guys holding onto him if you have him? He's my starting 2B in a 14 team league. Any recommendations on someone to pick up assumming I dropped him.

I think switching leagues probably has some effect, and he missed a whole 4 game series because of weather so that's probably messed up his flow a little bit as well. I think his #'s will be there in the end, so I'd hold for now.

Who else is available if you were going to drop him?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not really worried yet. The Cleveland offense hasn't had any chance to find any rhythm. Barfield will be fine. He's very good.

I think switching leagues probably has some effect, and he missed a whole 4 game series because of weather so that's probably messed up his flow a little bit as well. I think his #'s will be there in the end, so I'd hold for now.Who else is available if you were going to drop him?
BoomBoom of the Astro's (slob)??Here's some players available:Kelly Johnson Mark EllisEsteban GermanJamey CarrollNothing great that's why I figured I'd ask if their are ony off the radar type of 2B. 3 fo 21 is scary..lol

SLOB indeed.

Anyways, I think Barfield is much better than any of those options and hopefully he can get into the groove. Once the Indians offense starts clicking, there will be plenty of runs/rbis to go around. Peralta looks better this year, and that can only help him.

I think switching leagues probably has some effect, and he missed a whole 4 game series because of weather so that's probably messed up his flow a little bit as well. I think his #'s will be there in the end, so I'd hold for now.Who else is available if you were going to drop him?
BoomBoom of the Astro's (slob)??Here's some players available:Kelly Johnson Mark EllisEsteban GermanJamey CarrollNothing great that's why I figured I'd ask if their are ony off the radar type of 2B. 3 fo 21 is scary..lol
None of these options are better than Barfield. Better to ride it out. I drafted him, but cut him for Orlando Hudson about a week ago (I'm assuming Hudson isn't available in your league...

None of these options are better than Barfield. Better to ride it out. I drafted him, but cut him for Orlando Hudson about a week ago (I'm assuming Hudson isn't available in your league...
Not available. I wish he was.

Out of all of those I like Kelly Johnson the most.

I think he could hit .270-.280 with 15-20 hrs + he has OF eligibility. He also has 7 runs in 7 games.

If I were you though I would hang on to Barfield. I think he may just take some time to adjust to the AL and he doesnt have any competition at 2B.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread