What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Just for Funsies (1 Viewer)

tfreiboth

Footballguy
I am partaking in an auction dynasty draft tomorrow night. I have googled "fantasy football dynasty auction values" and have calculated (rounded to the nearest 5/10 spot) the average vauction values for what many other sites have listed and recommended. Listed below are the top 10 positions/auction values found at each position and I am looking for feedback if you think the value is too high/too low and for reasons why.

I have looked for extensive/detailed auction values but cannot seem to find them anywhere. If this is in the wrong forum I apologize - please move it.

Our total auction funds will be 1000$.

Any predictions where other players/rookies/sleepers might fall according to this price distribution would be greatly appreciated. I will post the entire draft after it concludes.

Starting requirements for the league I am drafting for:

1 QB

2 RB

3 WR

1 TE

2 FLEX (WR, TE, RB)

1 K

1 DT

1 DE

1 DL Flex (DT)

4 LB

1 CB

1 S

1 DB Flex

30 Bench spots

No IR

No TAXI

PPR for WR/RB, 1.5 PPR for TE

1.5 per tackle/.75 assist /6 points sack/6 points int

6 pts for rushing, receiving, and passing TDs

Average Auction Values

QB

1. $200 - Drew Brees

2. $175 - A Rodgers

3. $155 - P Manning

4. $125 - P Rivers

5. $125 - T Romo

6. $120 - T Brady

7. $100 - M Schaub

8. $85 - J Cutler

9. $75 - M Ryan

10. $50 - M Stafford

RB

1. $340 - C Johnson

2. $290 - MJD

3. $280 - ADP

4. $250 - R Rice

5. $180 - D Williams

6. $165 - F Gore

7. $135 - J Stewart

8. $155 - S Jax

9. $135 - R Mendenhall

10. $130 - M Turner

WR

1. $200 - A Johnson

2. $185 - L Fitzgerald

3. $175 - C Johnson

4. $155 - B Marshall

5. $145 - R Wayne

6. $125 - G Jennings

7. $135 - V Jackson

8. $120 - R White

9. $120 - M Austin

10. $115 - M Colston

TE

1. $90 - A Gates

2. $85 - D Clark

3. $80 - V Davis

4. $70 - J Witten

5. $65 - J Finley

6. $55 - KW2

7. $40 - B Celek

8. $40 - O Daniels

9. $35 - H Miller

10. $ 30 - C Cooley

DT/DE

1. $55 - J Allen

2. $30 - M Williams

3. $35 - T Cole

4. $25 - J Tuck

5. $25 - T Suggs

6. $20 - J Peppers

7. $15 - W Smith

8. $15 - R Mathis

9. $15 - R Edwards

10. $10 A Kampman

LB

1. $100 - P Willis

2. $85 - J Beason

3. $70 - C Lofton

4. $70 - B Ruud

5. $50 - DJ Williams

6. $50 - J Laurenitis

7. $50 - D Ryans

8. $40 - J Mayo

9. $40 - P Posluszny

10. $35 - J Vilma

DB

1. $15 - Y Bell

2. $15 - R Harper

3. $10 - A Otogwe

4. $25 - B Pollard

5. $20 - E Weddle

6. $20 - T Branch

7. $15 - L Landry

8. $30 - E Berry

9. $15 - L Delmas

10. $10 - T Polamalu

Last edited by a moderator:
Your auction can be lost if you spend on a couple of expensive marquee player or two that ends up giving you only a couple of years of production. It can also set you back a couple of years if you don't shoot for a couple of good/expensive players. That being said, imagine that you will be blowing a good percentage of your budget on a couple of expensive players.

Print out the player's age on your cheat sheet. If they are at or over 30, think twice about paying top 5/10 money for them. QBs might be ok up to age 32, but I bet dyansty teams with Petyon and Brady are looking to trade them. I'd be more interested in spending on Rivers or Rodgers than Brees or Peyton.

Make notes about a player's injury history. I'd be hesitant to pay 175 for Calvin Johnson when there are others around the same value that I trust to have a longer career.

Ultimately the success of your auction will depend on your ability to pluck out up and coming players on the cheap, like last year's Miles Austin, Ricky Williams, Ray Rice, Sidney Rice, Joseph Addai. Spend some time looking for players who have a new coach or opportunity (or surrounding cast) that might be a breakout. Look for guys with pure talent who might have had a slow start or minor injury history (Crabtree, H. Nicks) that has kept them off the field. Get a bunch of those guys at the end of your auction.

I am partaking in an auction dynasty draft tomorrow night. I have googled "fantasy football dynasty auction values" and have calculated (rounded to the nearest 5/10 spot) the average vauction values for what many other sites have listed and recommended. Listed below are the top 10 positions/auction values found at each position and I am looking for feedback if you think the value is too high/too low and for reasons why.I have looked for extensive/detailed auction values but cannot seem to find them anywhere. If this is in the wrong forum I apologize - please move it.
You will have a tough time finding articles or 'consensus' auction values, because there are too many variable for them to be helpful to you. That's part of the beauty of auction, you can't just grab ADP lists, and rankings of players, and go draft. You've gotta make decisions on the fly, as players go for more or less than you expect. And rather than use generic values, I think it's better to see a practical application. Do a search for 'auction' here in the Shark Pool, and even at MFL. You'll see links to various auction leagues. Warpig had one recently, that uses the same salary cap total. See what players actually went for.

I am partaking in an auction dynasty draft tomorrow night. I have googled "fantasy football dynasty auction values" and have calculated (rounded to the nearest 5/10 spot) the average vauction values for what many other sites have listed and recommended. Listed below are the top 10 positions/auction values found at each position and I am looking for feedback if you think the value is too high/too low and for reasons why.I have looked for extensive/detailed auction values but cannot seem to find them anywhere. If this is in the wrong forum I apologize - please move it.
You will have a tough time finding articles or 'consensus' auction values, because there are too many variable for them to be helpful to you. That's part of the beauty of auction, you can't just grab ADP lists, and rankings of players, and go draft. You've gotta make decisions on the fly, as players go for more or less than you expect. And rather than use generic values, I think it's better to see a practical application. Do a search for 'auction' here in the Shark Pool, and even at MFL. You'll see links to various auction leagues. Warpig had one recently, that uses the same salary cap total. See what players actually went for.
:unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread