What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Just got back from the ER for wife and dog...both were attacked by pit (2 Viewers)

So, basically what I've been told is that my choices are:

1) talk to the guy to see if he'll give us his home owner's insurance info and go that route

or

2) small claims court.

Awesome. So both options suck. Suggestions?
Get a better lawyer.

What sort of $$$ are you out at this point on meds?
Dog alone, $1700+ thus far. Still waiting on ER bill...

It seems that the 3 lawyers I've contacted don't think it's worth their time to take the case, because my wife wasn't injured 'serious enough'.

Another couple of thoughts I've had:

1) The arraignment for the other owner is in a couple of weeks...wait to see what the judgement is and if the judge orders reimbursement (?)

2) File a claim against my insurance company, but it wouldn't count against us, right?

So pissed and frustrated at this point.... :(
What state? Do you have a "victims of crimes" fund you can tap into?

So, basically what I've been told is that my choices are:

1) talk to the guy to see if he'll give us his home owner's insurance info and go that route

or

2) small claims court.

Awesome. So both options suck. Suggestions?
Who gave you those options? I assume you talked to a lawyer who didn't want the case. Do you have any friends who are also lawyers who could contact this guy on your behalf for no charge?
Sadly, correct. And I do have one, but he's out-of-state.And no, haven't seen the dude before or since. You'd think he'd come by and check on the wife and dog. POS couldn't be bothered to even do that....
If he hasn't followed up to check on your wife's and dog's welfare, get a lawyer and take him for every last penny possible.
I t-boned a car that ran a red light. I was ok but they were pretty banged up. My insurance company told me to not contact them.

Users who are viewing this thread