What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Justin Forsett, finally.... (1 Viewer)

drew726

Footballguy
Jones, who left Sunday's game against Arizona with a broken rib, reportedly had bleeding in his lung as well, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports."There's an issue there," coach Jim Mora said of Jones, who is slated to spend the night in the hospital as a precaution. "He's not in any danger but we're going to play it safe," Mora added. That said, it looks like Jones is going to miss some time, so go get Justin Forsett asap.
This guy is like borderline RB1/2 in PPR leagues. And I believe, much like Miles Austin (although he had a stinker yesterday) will push players to the playoffs.

We had a thread on here a week or so ago about which players would excel in the second half of the season. Forsett looks like a good bet.

Jones was waiver-wire fodder in smaller leagues. I don't expect Forsett to be much better.

(still, I'm putting in a claim for him.)

Jones was waiver-wire fodder in smaller leagues. I don't expect Forsett to be much better.(still, I'm putting in a claim for him.)
He could be much better since he's a superior pass-catching RB. I don't have him but wish I did. Seattle promises to be in passing situations and I think he could be good for 5+ catches and really be a solid flex starter in good matchups at minimum *if* he starts to get the bulk of the work.

Jones was waiver-wire fodder in smaller leagues. I don't expect Forsett to be much better.(still, I'm putting in a claim for him.)
Jones was a top 20 RB in ppr leagues, I don't know that that is waiver wire material unless it's like an 8 team league.

Jones was a top 20 RB in ppr leagues, I don't know that that is waiver wire material unless it's like an 8 team league.
He's 27th in standard scoring and is on the waiver wire in 11% of MFL leagues. Maybe I'm just a bit bitter because I drafted Jones as my #2 and he's been a huge disappointment. I hope Forsett is better than Jones but with Seattle's O-line being the mess that it is, I don't see it happening.

Forsett has a horrible matchup this coming week, but its gets much better thereafter.

Sun 11/22 Minnesota Vikings at Minnesota 1:00 pm

Sun 11/29 St. Louis Rams at St. Louis 1:00 pm

Sun 12/6 San Francisco 49ers San Francisco 4:15 pm

Sun 12/13 Houston Texans at Houston 1:00 pm

Sun 12/20 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Tampa Bay 4:15 pm

Sun 12/27 Green Bay Packers at Green Bay 1:00 pm

Sun 1/3 Tennessee Titans Tennessee 4:15 pm

I expect a full blown RBBC for Jones, Forsett, and Rankin if Jones is healthy enough to play. Forsett and Rankin have both shown enough to warrant more touches.

Forsett has a horrible matchup this coming week, but its gets much better thereafter.Sun 11/22 Minnesota Vikings at Minnesota 1:00 pmSun 11/29 St. Louis Rams at St. Louis 1:00 pmSun 12/6 San Francisco 49ers San Francisco 4:15 pmSun 12/13 Houston Texans at Houston 1:00 pmSun 12/20 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Tampa Bay 4:15 pmSun 12/27 Green Bay Packers at Green Bay 1:00 pmSun 1/3 Tennessee Titans Tennessee 4:15 pmI expect a full blown RBBC for Jones, Forsett, and Rankin if Jones is healthy enough to play. Forsett and Rankin have both shown enough to warrant more touches.
With their chances of making the playoffs pretty much dead, I can't see Jones coming back into the mix for at least a month. Broken rib and punctured lung, sounds like rib could be displaced. Purely speculation but I'd expect a minimum of 4 weeks before Jones sees action.

He could be much better since he's a superior pass-catching RB. I don't have him but wish I did. Seattle promises to be in passing situations and I think he could be good for 5+ catches and really be a solid flex starter in good matchups at minimum *if* he starts to get the bulk of the work.
The model for Forsett's value might be Reggie Bush, with slightly inferior receiving numbers but superior rushing numbers.

(unwelcomed)GUEST said:
Enforcer said:
Forsett has a horrible matchup this coming week, but its gets much better thereafter.Sun 11/22 Minnesota Vikings at Minnesota 1:00 pmSun 11/29 St. Louis Rams at St. Louis 1:00 pmSun 12/6 San Francisco 49ers San Francisco 4:15 pmSun 12/13 Houston Texans at Houston 1:00 pmSun 12/20 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Tampa Bay 4:15 pmSun 12/27 Green Bay Packers at Green Bay 1:00 pmSun 1/3 Tennessee Titans Tennessee 4:15 pmI expect a full blown RBBC for Jones, Forsett, and Rankin if Jones is healthy enough to play. Forsett and Rankin have both shown enough to warrant more touches.
With their chances of making the playoffs pretty much dead, I can't see Jones coming back into the mix for at least a month. Broken rib and punctured lung, sounds like rib could be displaced. Purely speculation but I'd expect a minimum of 4 weeks before Jones sees action.
This is a good point. I just read the report on Jones. Looks like Jones will be out a while. However, I don't expect the team to lean on Forsett. My guess is Rankin gets a lot more first and second down carries than people will expect. I understand that people would prefer there was a clear cut guy getting the bulk of the carries, but I don't think the team envisions Forsett in that sort of role. However, Rankin might be a work horse type of RB. He was the odd man out in Oakland because they had such a crowded backfield. This will be interesting to see how it plays out through the rest of the season.

Someone else nabbed Forsett off the WW last week...but I have to think that having Forsett in there more often helps Hasselbeck's numbers, and that's good news for me :confused:

Enforcer said:
:lmao: and Jones may not be back for a while - I have Forsett in several leagues already (drafted him in the late rounds) and will be using him as my flex RB3 while Jones is out.

(unwelcomed)GUEST said:
Enforcer said:
This is a good point. I just read the report on Jones. Looks like Jones will be out a while. However, I don't expect the team to lean of Forsett. My guess is Rankin gets a lot more first and second down carries than people will expect. I understand that people would prefer there was a clear cut guy getting the bulk of the carries, but I don't think the team envisions Forsett in that sort of role. However, Rankin might be a work horse type of RB. He was the odd man out in Oakland because they had such a crowded backfield. This will be interesting to see how it plays out through the rest of the season.
Ok, east coast guy here and I know little about Forsett or Rankin. I've heard Forsett is 200lbs soaking wet but short, so not necessarily frail. I've heard he is not the short yardage type guy and had trouble punching it in Sunday at the goal line. That said, Rankin looked like he did his damage catching the ball as much as running it. How big are these guys, is one a burner....i've heard Forsett is poor man's Reggie Bush, or are both burners? I've also heard that Forsett will excel in PPR, from the box score looks like Rankin is that guy. Educate me, if you don't mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
(unwelcomed)GUEST said:
Enforcer said:
Forsett has a horrible matchup this coming week, but its gets much better thereafter.

Sun 11/22 Minnesota Vikings at Minnesota 1:00 pm

Sun 11/29 St. Louis Rams at St. Louis 1:00 pm

Sun 12/6 San Francisco 49ers San Francisco 4:15 pm

Sun 12/13 Houston Texans at Houston 1:00 pm

Sun 12/20 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Tampa Bay 4:15 pm

Sun 12/27 Green Bay Packers at Green Bay 1:00 pm

Sun 1/3 Tennessee Titans Tennessee 4:15 pm

I expect a full blown RBBC for Jones, Forsett, and Rankin if Jones is healthy enough to play. Forsett and Rankin have both shown enough to warrant more touches.
This is a good point. I just read the report on Jones. Looks like Jones will be out a while. However, I don't expect the team to lean of Forsett. My guess is Rankin gets a lot more first and second down carries than people will expect. I understand that people would prefer there was a clear cut guy getting the bulk of the carries, but I don't think the team envisions Forsett in that sort of role. However, Rankin might be a work horse type of RB. He was the odd man out in Oakland because they had such a crowded backfield. This will be interesting to see how it plays out through the rest of the season.
Ok, east coast guy here and I know little about Forsett or Rankin. I've heard Forsett is 200lbs soaking wet but short, so not necessarily frail. I've heard he is not the short yardage type guy and had trouble punching it in Sunday at the goal line. That said, Rankin looked like he did his damage catching the ball as much as running it. How big are these guys, is one a burner....i've heard Forsett is poor man's Reggie Bush, or are both burners? I've also heard that Forsett will excel in PPR, from the box score looks like Rankin is that guy. Educate me, if you don't mind.
Time will tell with their roles, but I can give you my opinions.Comparing Forsett to Bush is a fair assessment in terms of build, but from my observations Forestt has shown a knack for breaking tackles and gaining yards after contact. I've been pleasantly surprised with his second effort yards. I didn't expect to see him showing the power like he has.

Rankin has local ties here to the Puget Sound. He played football here at UW. During his senior season (Locker's freshman year) he had a great year breaking off several long TD runs. Here is his senior season bio.

H

ad, by nearly any measure, the best season by a Husky tailback since 1997 ... became the first 1,000-yard rusher at Washington since Rashaan Shehee in 1997, passing the 1,000-yard mark in the season's 11th game (thus not benefitting from the extra games to pass the milestone) ... earned second-team All-Pac-10 ... named team's MVP (as voted by his teammates) and was a team captain ... 1,294 yards ranked fifth in UW history ... only third UW runner ever to post two 200-yard games in a career (both of them came in 2007 season) ... 2,396 all-purpose yds. ranked second in UW history ... ranks second in Pac-10 in all-purpose yards, fourth in rushing and sixth in kick returns ... rushed for 72 yards on 23 carries vs. Washington State, when he also had 89-yard TD on opening kickoff return ... rushed for 224 yards on 21 carries vs. California, the eighth-highest single-game total in UW history ... had a career game at Stanford, rushing for 255 yards and one touchdown on 36 carries ... 255 yards were fourth-most in UW single-game history while 36 carries tied for fourth ... 20 carries for 60 yards at Oregon St. ... great game at Syracuse: 17 carries, 147 yards and 3 touchdowns ... scored on runs of 13, 47 and 20 yards vs. Orange ... posted 100 or more yards in the season opener in third straight season ... 17 carries for 45 yards vs. Boise State, when he also passed for a 16-yard TD ... 11 carries for 80 yards with 147 yards on kickoff returns at Arizona State ... 73 yards on 11 carries and a 43-yard TD reception vs. Oregon ... 16 carries for 70 yards rushing and four receptions for 35 yards and a touchdown receiving vs. Arizona ... named the Pac-10 Player of the Week after the Stanford and Cal games ... named the UW's offensive team MVP after four times (Syracuse, Arizona State, Stanford, Cal) and the special teams MVP after the Ohio State and Washington State games ... invited to participate in the Texas vs. the Nation All-Star Challenge ... finalist for the Seattle Post-Intelligencer Sports Star of the Year Award.
When comparing the two players both are on the lighter side, but Rankin is decidedly taller and carries about 10 more pounds. Both players fit more of a third down RB profile as opposed to an every down sort of player. Of note from the game yesterday. Rankin got all his touches on a first or a second down. I don't see that changing much as I think they will keep Forsett in on third down while Rankin gets more early down touches.

Apparently it's not a broken rib for JJ:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seah...tnotbroken.html

Julius Jones bruised but not broken

Posted by Danny O'Neil

Julius Jones suffered a bruised chest, coach Jim Mora said, and not a broken rib as he initially thought after the game.

Mora clarified the injury during his radio show on KIRO-FM Monday morning.

The bruised chest caused bleeding into Jones' lungs, and he remained in Arizona last night at the hospital after the team left.

"It wasn't a rib. It's a bruise causing bleeding in his lungs," Mora said, according to a summary on the team's official Web site. "It doesn't appear to be anything real serious. It's serious obviously or he wouldn't be in a hospital, but it's something he'll recover from quickly.

"We're certainly thinking of him and wishing him the best. It's tough when you have to leave a guy behind in the hospital. That weighs on everyone's minds."

Jones suffered the injury while blocking a blitzing linebacker in the first quarter of Sunday's game in Arizona. He carried only twice before suffering the injury. In his place, Justin Forsett rushed for 123 yards, a career-high.

Warrick Dunn is the best comp I've got. He does a great job of hiding behind his lineman like Warrick did & then squirting out.

I was very impressed vs. AZ. Wondering how both Seattle & Indy cut him last year. I think he's better than any RB's either one of those teams have had the past 2 years (I'll exclude Donald Brown because we haven't seen much of him).

Definitely runs with more power and more compact than Bush. He'll need a committee guy [goalline/between tackles guy]. No clue why Seattle's wasting their time with Julius Jones.

9 rushes for 9 yards :pickle: (with a long of 9) doesn't cut it.

Time to give Louis Rankin a shot (becasue I own him).

9 rushes for 9 yards :pickle: (with a long of 9) doesn't cut it.Time to give Louis Rankin a shot (becasue I own him).
Against a very good defense, playing from behind all game...and added 8 receptions for 80 yards and scored a TD.Seems like it cut it just fine...

9 rushes for 9 yards :cry: (with a long of 9) doesn't cut it.Time to give Louis Rankin a shot (becasue I own him).
Against a very good defense, playing from behind all game...and added 8 receptions for 80 yards and scored a TD.Seems like it cut it just fine...
He's a RB. 9 carries for 9 yards is not good.He's not good at running the ball (if you actually watch him). He's very small, shifty. So yes, he is a solid asset in the passing game. But he cannot handle a full workload

9 rushes for 9 yards :cry: (with a long of 9) doesn't cut it.Time to give Louis Rankin a shot (becasue I own him).
He's a RB. 9 carries for 9 yards is not good.He's not good at running the ball (if you actually watch him). He's very small, shifty. So yes, he is a solid asset in the passing game. But he cannot handle a full workload
Just keep on catching passes.Let's see his rushing numbers vs STL this week

He's a RB. 9 carries for 9 yards is not good.He's not good at running the ball (if you actually watch him). He's very small, shifty. So yes, he is a solid asset in the passing game. But he cannot handle a full workload.
I wonder, did you "actually" watch all his carries this season?Full workload? Did he get a full workload yesterday? Or even have the opportunity? He had a "full workload" the previous week and handled it just fine. Yesterday he was dealt the best run defense in the NFL (IMO) and he was behind a dominated offensive line with no where to go. I believe Jim Brown in his prime would have posted similar stats yesterday. In my opinion, basing your full assessment on Forsett using yesterday's game would be a mistake. Its not like we didn't know what would happen yesterday. That game was no revelation.

9 rushes for 9 yards :goodposting: (with a long of 9) doesn't cut it.Time to give Louis Rankin a shot (becasue I own him).
RBs also catch the ball.And I have watched him...which is why I targeted him weeks ago thinking he would take over for Jones (though, it took an injury).He played against a very good defense...for a team who was getting killed. Did you expect he would "run" the ball well?

The OL was simply dominated; there was nothing there. I don't know anyone that thought Seattle would do well against Minnesota's DL.

If he has a 1.0ypc constantly, then you should be worried. However, a single game in isolation means nothing, any more than Moreno's 5 for 3 or Chris Johnson's 14 for 8 or Adrian Peterson's 14 for 3 did. Forsett has had one very good game as a primary back in Week 10. In Week 11, despite a lack of running room against a far superior line, he still had a productive day by being a viable option out of the backfield and scoring on a one-yard TD run.

Considering he had 20 career carries before Week 10, yet has still put up 149 and 89 total yards with a touchdown each week, I'm pretty pleased.

Has he done enough to supplant Jones? (once JJ is healthy) Thats the bigger question isn't it? Julius was having a decent year.
Decent only if you don't watch him.Fan consensus is that Forsett should get the majority of carries the rest of the year. Coaching staff, however....that's what really matters. Unfortunately, considering Forsett's lack of usage until Jones went down, it's hard to predict whether Knapp agrees.

Unfortunately, all I think Forsett's performance means is more of a time share with Jones once he is healthy. The coaching staff loves JJ.

Has he done enough to supplant Jones? (once JJ is healthy) Thats the bigger question isn't it? Julius was having a decent year.
Decent only if you don't watch him.Fan consensus is that Forsett should get the majority of carries the rest of the year. Coaching staff, however....that's what really matters. Unfortunately, considering Forsett's lack of usage until Jones went down, it's hard to predict whether Knapp agrees.
:goodposting: Anyone that believes JJ is better than Forsett in any aspect isn't watching. I'm not even sure what purpose JJ serves. Rankin runs with more power than either JJ/Forsett & Forsett is the most explosive & hands down the best receiver they've got.I'd expect Jones to be back as the 1st/2nd down back when he's healthy to return. Why.....your guess is as good as mine.

He certainly had some bad outings. But he had a few good games as well...All I'm saying is I haven't seen enough out of Forsett to keep JJ off the field. The true test is in production.

One thing I think people overlook is pass blocking.

I don't know, so I'll ask...but is it possible that Jones (a vet) is much better at pass blocking than any other back on the roster?

It's usually the #1 thing for keeping a talented runner off the field...the coaches just don't want him in there letting the QB get killed.

One thing I think people overlook is pass blocking.I don't know, so I'll ask...but is it possible that Jones (a vet) is much better at pass blocking than any other back on the roster?It's usually the #1 thing for keeping a talented runner off the field...the coaches just don't want him in there letting the QB get killed.
I've been a little surprised how well Forsett pass blocks considering his size. It's a little erratic but imo is on par with Jones.I'm not of the opinion Forsett can handle a 20+ carry/game workload though. He really just fell into a great situation when SEA let Weaver walk before the season, and Edge got released just before Jones injury. They really have nobody left so he'll see a lot of time on the field. As an earlier poster said, it all depends if you are in PPR or not whether he has much value. For those folks that think the MIN game was some sort of aberration.... you'll be waiting a long time to see a game where SEA OL isn't getting dominated. They've been pretty bad all year which is too bad because Hass has some receiving weapons to work with if he had time.

Here's hoping Forsett gets the start at St. Louis next week :-) I also have J. Jones, but it's obvious Forsett is more explosive than Julius. I need Forsett next week because I want to bench Forte against Minn...

One thing I think people overlook is pass blocking.I don't know, so I'll ask...but is it possible that Jones (a vet) is much better at pass blocking than any other back on the roster?It's usually the #1 thing for keeping a talented runner off the field...the coaches just don't want him in there letting the QB get killed.
:unsure: I can't say one way or the other, but anecdotally (a word?), I remember Forsett making a GREAT block in his own endzone on a play from two weeks ago in the Arizona game coming across the formation to pick up a blitzer. Totally saved Hasselbeck's bacon and allowed him to complete a pass.

120+ rushing yards in two of the last three games (and it should be added, each time he had DD carries), at least a TD in each and four total in that span.

in his "bad" game, he had 80 receiving yards and 1 TD.

* from the week 11 ETTG...

Justin Forsett

Forsett has been discussed a lot this week after a rib injury to feature RB Julius Jones (a bruised chest, not a broken rib as originally feared, but reportedly with bleeding in the lungs, requiring hospital observation... he has already been ruled out for week 11, but could return the following week) against Arizona led to the biggest opportunity so far in his young career. Until Sunday, he had never carried the ball more than six times in a game. Forsett had 123 yards on 17 carries (averaging 7.2 yards per carry in the process) and an 11 yard rushing TD, along with 26 receiving yards on 5 catches. This was all the more impressive in that the Cards entered the game as one of the statistically best defenses in the league against the run in 2009. While his size has been questioned (5'8" 195 lbs. - same height as Ray Rice and 10 lbs. lighter if accurate, but the height may even be generous), he is a little stick of dynamite that willingly hits the hole hard, has deceptive strength, is capable of breaking arm tackles and plays bigger than his size... Forsett's 26 reps of 225 lbs. was among the top strength displays for his position at the Combine (and better than some LBs and even linemen!). While he may not have the compact power of might mite NFL stars Rice and MJD, he also has a nice power to size ratio, leverage advantage and difficulty in tracking (hard to hit what you can't see). Size concerns extended back to college, where Notre Dame allegedly withdrew a scholarship at the last second and home state Texas reportedly didn't extend a scholarship for the same reason (he had nearly 5,000 yards and 63 TDs his final two years as a prep). Cal signed him late in the recruiting process on the strength of his game tape and a tip by alumni and former RB great Chuck Muncie. He was behind future first round RB Marshawn Lynch (among others) in his first three seasons at Cal, but finished strong, with 1,500+ yards and 15 TDs as a senior (leading the Pac 10 conference in rushing TDs, and second in rushing yards to another future first round RB, Jonathan Stewart). The Seahawks front office and coaching staff have roots in ATL and TB, where they experienced organizational success with "undersized" RB Warrick Dunn, as well as HoF caliber defenders at every level, such as DT Warren Sapp, WLB Derrick Brooks and CB Ronde Barber. Like Dunn, he flashes excellent vision, natural run instincts, burst and shiftiness. He has arguably had a larger big play impact than Jones when accounting for his relatively far more limited opportunities. This week is a tough assignment against the Vikings, with three Pro Bowlers on the DL, a Pro Bowl caliber MLB and maybe the best tackling CB tandem in the league, but the schedule gets easier the following week with the Rams on deck. Forsett is just 24 (Jones 28).

CBSsportline:

Forsett has best game as a pro: Seahawks RB Justin Forsett ran 22 times for 130 yards and two touchdowns in a Week 12 win over the Rams.

(Updated 11/29/2009).

Fantasy Analysis:

Like many have done before him, Forsett found plenty of holes in the Rams defense on Sunday and rewarded his owners who took a shot with him in deeper formats. In Week 13 vs. San Francisco, Forsett could go back to his reserve role behind Julius Jones, if he's healthy. Follow the situation throughout the week, and if Forsett does get another start he will likely be worth using as a No. 2 Fantasy RB. If Jones is back, Forsett will be a No. 3 option at best.

(Updated 11/29/2009).

I benched Sjax for him. The move paid off. However, the real question is can Forsett hold onto the job? Julius Jones isn't very good but that doesn't mean the coach won't play him.

... Julius Jones was held out of the contest and placed on the inactive list for a second straight week with a bruised lung. “He was still in a lot of pain,” Mora said. “And our doctors, and our medical staff and Julius didn’t feel like he’d be able to absorb the collision that he would definitely be taking as a running back.” ...
I'm not an owner, but that seems like Forsett might see another week of opportunity. Link.

... Julius Jones was held out of the contest and placed on the inactive list for a second straight week with a bruised lung. “He was still in a lot of pain,” Mora said. “And our doctors, and our medical staff and Julius didn’t feel like he’d be able to absorb the collision that he would definitely be taking as a running back.” ...
I'm not an owner, but that seems like Forsett might see another week of opportunity. Link.
I hope so because if Jones suits up I don't trust Mora to give enough touches to his best RB-Forsett.

If Jones is smart, he won't come back to struggle vs. the Niners after JF went off vs. the Rams. His best bet is to hope JF struggles v. SF so he can play the "fluke v. the Rams" card.

If Jones is smart, he won't come back to struggle vs. the Niners after JF went off vs. the Rams. His best bet is to hope JF struggles v. SF so he can play the "fluke v. the Rams" card.
JF has performed well agains the Cards and Rams. His Minny game was decent receiving wise.Changing of the guard perhaps? Mora might be too bull headed to switch once JJ is healthy

Before people get too crazy, they might like to be reminded that Jones also hung 136 total yards and a TD on the Rams in week 1.

For Forsett to be decent, it doesn't necessarily mean that Jones has to suck. The reverse is also true. The reality is that both players are likely on an even talent level. However, I'm glad that Forsett is getting the chance to play more. He may be the better player if given the opportunity to show it, but we're not talking light years better. Sort of crazy how hyperbole leaks into these sorts of conversations.

Before people get too crazy, they might like to be reminded that Jones also hung 136 total yards and a TD on the Rams in week 1. For Forsett to be decent, it doesn't necessarily mean that Jones has to suck. The reverse is also true. The reality is that both players are likely on an even talent level. However, I'm glad that Forsett is getting the chance to play more. He may be the better player if given the opportunity to show it, but we're not talking light years better. Sort of crazy how hyperbole leaks into these sorts of conversations.
From a FF persective, Forsett averaged about 25 ppg during the last 3. I think his ability as a receiver exceeds Jones by a good margin. His ability as a runner might not, but I only play in PPR leagues so I think going forward, he's got a chance. He could be finish similar to Slaton last year.

Before people get too crazy, they might like to be reminded that Jones also hung 136 total yards and a TD on the Rams in week 1. For Forsett to be decent, it doesn't necessarily mean that Jones has to suck. The reverse is also true. The reality is that both players are likely on an even talent level. However, I'm glad that Forsett is getting the chance to play more. He may be the better player if given the opportunity to show it, but we're not talking light years better. Sort of crazy how hyperbole leaks into these sorts of conversations.
Excellent point. I am afraid (and hope it's not true) that we have seen Forsett's best game Fantasy football wise. Mora never had a problem using a two back rotation in Atlanta (Dunn & Duckett) if they both were healthy. Forsett may have done well enough to get him more touches per game, maybe even the majority. But until i hear "feature back" talk out of Mora's mouth or see it on the field, I have to assume that at best Forsett and Jones will be splitting carries. Unfortunately, in that offense that limits Forsett's value going forward.

JF has performed well agains the Cards and Rams. His Minny game was decent receiving wise.Changing of the guard perhaps? Mora might be too bull headed to switch once JJ is healthy
the point is that if JJ returns and throws up 8 for 11 v. SF, the fans will scream for Forsett. If he waits a week and Forsett posts the 8 for 11, his job will be more secure.

Users who are viewing this thread