What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kaep fined 10k for wearing Beats on camera (1 Viewer)

i get why the NFL does it and they should be able to, but the guys who already have deals with Beats should be grandfathered in until their contract with Beats is up.

i get why the NFL does it and they should be able to, but the guys who already have deals with Beats should be grandfathered in until their contract with Beats is up.
Don`t see what is so hard to understand, Bose is a NFL sponsor. Just wear them in your personal time and there is no issue. As soon as they walk out of the locker room players can listen to whatever they want.

Too bad players have to be fined into having dignity.
Seriously. Beats headphones are the ideal product if you are trying to say, "I'm trying too hard and I don't mind overpaying to do it."

Definitely the preferred headphones of d-bags everywhere.

Is there any debate that this was a marketing ploy? A lot of people discussing Beats headphones in the media right now. Dre couldn't get this kind of pub anywhere else for $10K. Why does he need access to his music at a presser? The entitlement era is fun.

Is there any debate that this was a marketing ploy? A lot of people discussing Beats headphones in the media right now. Dre couldn't get this kind of pub anywhere else for $10K. Why does he need access to his music at a presser? The entitlement era is fun.
It certainly could be--but from my understanding Dre and his investors sold Beats to Apple no? I can't imagine Apple resorting to such a juvenile form of advertising with the bazillion dollars in cash they have in their name.

It certainly could be--but from my understanding Dre and his investors sold Beats to Apple no? I can't imagine Apple resorting to such a juvenile form of advertising with the bazillion dollars in cash they have in their name.
Forgot about the sale. Just Kaep being Kaep.

Seriously. Beats headphones are the ideal product if you are trying to say, "I'm trying too hard and I don't mind overpaying to do it."

+1And when not wearing the Beats (or his helmet), he wears the straight bill hat over his ears so no one loses sight of his d-bagness.

+1And when not wearing the Beats (or his helmet), he wears the straight bill hat over his ears so no one loses sight of his d-bagness.
Even worse

Beats is getting much more publicity bang for the buck than Bose is. Bose looks like the lame corporate sponsor, while Beats looks like the underground cool thing. The market is young people with too much money in their pocket, and the "official sponsor" isn't going to pry it from them.

Beats would probably rather be in their position than Bose's.

opensourcebeer said:
Is the NFL also fining coaching staff or announcers when they refer to the Surface tablets in use on the sidelines as iPads?
I think they have been warned... but Carl Banks was on The Fan this morning and kept using the term "Ipad" so I guess the nfl has some work to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
opensourcebeer said:
Is the NFL also fining coaching staff or announcers when they refer to the Surface tablets in use on the sidelines as iPads?
I think they have been warned... but Carl Banks was on The Fan this morning and kept using the term "Ipad" so I guess the nfl has some work to do.
Who says, "Pass me a facial tissue"? It's a Kleenex.

Think about this from a marketing standpoint. So last year, Motorola paid $40 million for the rights and attempted to renew at $50 million, but the NFL turned it down (meaning most likely that Bose is paying more than $50 million for the "exclusive rights".)

The fine is only $10K. I would not be surprised if Beats told all the athletes Beats would reimburse for any fine. Beats is laughing every time it pays the fine. Talk about advertising on the cheap. $10K a pop is a steal for the publicity they are getting for this amount of exposure.

flapgreen said:
Leroy Hoard said:
Got fined more than Thomas for his chop block.
Is that for real? Man this league is ignorant
The league is a business. The league makes TONS of cash off corporate sponsors.....much more than they do the players. The players are replaceable. Is the league still ignorant?

:coffee: off my lawn kid.

Think about this from a marketing standpoint. So last year, Motorola paid $40 million for the rights and attempted to renew at $50 million, but the NFL turned it down (meaning most likely that Bose is paying more than $50 million for the "exclusive rights".)

The fine is only $10K. I would not be surprised if Beats told all the athletes Beats would reimburse for any fine. Beats is laughing every time it pays the fine. Talk about advertising on the cheap. $10K a pop is a steal for the publicity they are getting for this amount of exposure.
So if I'm Bose and I see what Beats is doing for $10K a pop, what do my "exclusive rights" really amount to?

So if I'm Bose and I see what Beats is doing for $10K a pop, what do my "exclusive rights" really amount to?
Commercials that no one really watches and the coaches wearing them on the sidelines.

Now the NFL just needs to sign a huge deal with "Curved Bill Hats, Inc." and the QB for my favorite team may finally stop looking like a Grade A d-bag at press conferences.

You clearly didn't read much about why he was fined. It has to do with WHEN he wore them. Maybe educate yourself on the subject before you comment. :shrug:
This is directly from the original story:

The NFL recently cut a deal with Bose headphones, and said it would fine any player who wears Beats in front of cameras before or after games.
I obviously need to be edumacated :coffee:

You clearly didn't read much about why he was fined. It has to do with WHEN he wore them. Maybe educate yourself on the subject before you comment. :shrug:
This is directly from the original story:

The NFL recently cut a deal with Bose headphones, and said it would fine any player who wears Beats in front of cameras before or after games.
I obviously need to be edumacated :coffee:
And it is up to 90 minutes after the game. So if he is walking to his car after getting dressed and is photographed with Beats on within 90 minutes of the game he is still getting fined. Bose and the NFL just look like dooshes here and Beats loves it.

I'm guessing Bose must be borrowing the same marketing gurus that helped launch the XBox One. It's actually funny to think many highly paid executives sat down together in a room and nodded in agreement to this sort of marketing plan.

When people get fined like this, who gets the money?

More specifically, what about Julius Thomas block?? Shouldnt the player he chop blocked get the money?

yeah, I said it

I think he's an ### for intentionally breaking the rules of his employer for personal profit.

But I'm no defender of the NFL machine; if they only care enough to fine him $10k, I'm sure not going to worry about it.

Users who are viewing this thread