What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kahlil Bell (1 Viewer)

The Chicago Tribune reports Marion Barber (calf) will sit out Saturday's game in Green Bay.Barber's absence leaves Kahlil Bell as the primary ball-carrier and potential three-down back. "There are bigger concerns I have, and Kahlil is not one of them," coach Lovie Smith said. "... I'm excited about the opportunity he has." A candidate for 20+ touches, Bell is now a top-25 fantasy option for Week 16. Related: Kahlil BellSource: Chicago Tribune
This is huge. Bell is in over p. Thomas for sure now...

would you start bell over M. Turner in PPR leauge i also have Spiller and Helu ,,,I have the option of starting two I have turner and spiller in now but am thinking of spiller and bell

Now that barber's out should I be considering starting this guy over frank gore and Felix jones in a .5 ppr league? I don't know if can trust Felix with any injury and it seems like this guy could be my rb2 over gore. Then it would come down to gore vs Santana moss for my final flex.

Ugh, this makes it tough. I have a fkex spot open. Debating giving it to him over a gimpy V.Jackson, S.Morris, Demaryius Thomas and Aaron Hernandez. Props to this site and this thread for even making me aware of him for the quick waiver add this week! At the least, it's V.Jackson insurance.

'kingmalaki said:
Ugh, this makes it tough. I have a fkex spot open. Debating giving it to him over a gimpy V.Jackson, S.Morris, Demaryius Thomas and Aaron Hernandez. Props to this site and this thread for even making me aware of him for the quick waiver add this week! At the least, it's V.Jackson insurance.
That's how I'm playing it. Bell is great insurance because of the 8pm Sunday start. I can wait until right before the 4:00 games Sat to see if VJax is a go. If not, insert Bell.

I'm debating Bell vs. Gore as but I'm not asking advice because nobody could possibly know. Bell certainly seems to have a great opportunity to rack up some points this week, especially in PPR, but there are so many unknowns. BTW, this thread has turned into the biggest WDIS in recent Shark Pool history. :hophead:

Merry Christmas everyone ... hope all your decisions turn out golden!

this is a flex nightmare. you'll kick yourself if he blows up on your bench and you'll kick yourself if he tanks your super bowl.

btw.....wdis: bell or demaryius? :)

this is a flex nightmare. you'll kick yourself if he blows up on your bench and you'll kick yourself if he tanks your super bowl.btw.....wdis: bell or demaryius? :)
My league starts 3 wrs so thomas is an easy start. For a flex, I always lean rb unless its a stud wr. Not sure thomas is that yet...

Now leaning to start him over Beast Mode. Niners defense is no joke.

Eta: damnit, just read the Lynch thread and now I might bench Shonn Greene :banned:

Last edited by a moderator:
Bears coach Lovie Smith said Friday that "it doesn't look good" for Devin Hester's (ankle, questionable) chances of playing in Week 16.

knox is out.

bell is a kr..........

how often has a player gotten a return, receiving, and rushing td in one game?

I don't get this. This thing smells bad to me. What if Chicago who has no skill players to speak of at this point can't even get past the 50 yard line. And yet people are coming in here and acting as if he's the second coming of Gayle Sayers and gonna account for three TDs? Hasn't Chicago scored like three total Tds their last few games?

And FBGs ranks him 8th? That's madness.

No way I start him over Sproles the more I think about this. Anyone benching Greene, Gore or Lynch for him is playing with fire IMHO.

I'd like to know where FBG ranked Jennings last year in week 16 against Washington? What did he get like 3 points? It burned my ### that's for sure.

Seriously thinking of starting him over S. Jackson vs the Steelers. I'm starting AP and Spiller. Bell would be my flex. Am I crazy or do I stay with Jackson?

Seriously thinking of starting him over S. Jackson vs the Steelers. I'm starting AP and Spiller. Bell would be my flex. Am I crazy or do I stay with Jackson?
I am starting him over Steven Jackson in my championship game...

and starting him over gimpy, and lame producing Chris Johnson vs. a fairly tough defense in the other league... Chris Johnson did nearly nothing the first game vs the Jags too (24 yds rushing, and 6 rec for 26 yds... not exactly a stellar performance)

Man if he is a three down back that is huge! Tempted to play him over Sproles.The one thing that gives me pause: I remember getting burned last year when Rashad Jennings was supposed to be the "fantasy bowl savior" against the Skins. He tanked.Any concerns that Bell could do the same?
Oh yeah. I started M Bush two years ago in my championship and Jennings last year (to be fair, I started RJ over Bradshaw, who did even worse.) This year, I got all the hot WW pickups in my league, so I could start Bell, Demaryius or DHB as my flex. But I'm rolling with Stewart and his limited upside. I know what I'm getting with JStew and he has a great matchup. With Bell, you're betting on a situation rather than anything he's done. There's not enough Maalox in my house for me to do that for the third year in a row.

I'm debating Bell over CJ2K and JStew. Definitely betting on the situation with Bell. CJ is dinged up and hasn't been great to begin with. JStew has a great matchup, but may have half the touches Bell gets. I'm leaning toward going with the player I think will get the most touches, which is Bell. Not to mention having a player going on Sunday night is fun....having guys going in the last game or two of Championship week feels better than finishing early in the day.

I don't get this. This thing smells bad to me. What if Chicago who has no skill players to speak of at this point can't even get past the 50 yard line. And yet people are coming in here and acting as if he's the second coming of Gayle Sayers and gonna account for three TDs? Hasn't Chicago scored like three total Tds their last few games?And FBGs ranks him 8th? That's madness. No way I start him over Sproles the more I think about this. Anyone benching Greene, Gore or Lynch for him is playing with fire IMHO.I'd like to know where FBG ranked Jennings last year in week 16 against Washington? What did he get like 3 points? It burned my ### that's for sure.
3 TD talk has to be a joke... I doubt he scores at all, but the appeal is PPR leagues he has a fairly high floor. Its McCown starting so its going to be check down city, and he's going to get a ton of touches. 80 total yards plus 5 catches seems like his floor and that pretty conservative.

I don't get this. This thing smells bad to me. What if Chicago who has no skill players to speak of at this point can't even get past the 50 yard line. And yet people are coming in here and acting as if he's the second coming of Gayle Sayers and gonna account for three TDs? Hasn't Chicago scored like three total Tds their last few games?And FBGs ranks him 8th? That's madness. No way I start him over Sproles the more I think about this. Anyone benching Greene, Gore or Lynch for him is playing with fire IMHO.I'd like to know where FBG ranked Jennings last year in week 16 against Washington? What did he get like 3 points? It burned my ### that's for sure.
What did Jennings do week 17? I don't know how Jennings' subpar performance week 16 last year has anything to do with Bell.

What did Jennings do week 17? I don't know how Jennings' subpar performance week 16 last year has anything to do with Bell.
Because he was getting a lot of the same type of hype as Bell is now, despite not having shown anything all year. He didn't do much in Week 16, then had the big game we were all counting on in 17.

Because he was getting a lot of the same type of hype as Bell is now, despite not having shown anything all year. He didn't do much in Week 16, then had the big game we were all counting on in 17.
Bell had 5 receptions, 108 yards and a touchdown last week. Jennings had 20 yards week 15 last year.

In over Lynch in a full PPR league. The team I am playing is stacked, and considering I have little chance anyway, I need a big upside play.

:banned:

Ugh....I want so bad to pencil this guy in Over nicks, jordy, and ksmith (each have dark clouds) but man will we all kick ourselves if he comes up small....

So your one anecdotal experience last year is completely projectable to this year, with a different player, different team and different opponent. I get it. Burned ### ain't fun.

This is pretty simple to me. Bell is an extremely high-risk high-reward play, in a game with many intriguing variables. Let's break it down:

This week it is a new QB for the Bears, QB #3 on the season, and a guy who was recently picked up of the scrap heap. Many injuries (and an arrest) to the already poor group of WRs (Knox, Hester, Sam Hurd). Terrible offensive line, especially pass protection. Bears packed it in last week vs. Seattle...their season is over. The game this week is on the road in a hostile environment against arguably the most explosive offense in football. Add all this up and you have a very high likelihood that the Bears go down by 0-21 in the 1st quarter and the offense does nothing all day.

On the other hand, Bell has looked very good every time he has had an opportunity to play...even going as far back as his first game as a rookie (72 yard run for his first NFL carry). There are no other options at RB for the Bears, so Bell will be a 3 down back this week. He will get the goal line carries. He will get the check downs, which there will be many. This is the biggest rivalry game in the NFL. It's the only football game on Christmas. The Packers defense can be terrible vs the run. The Packers may have home field advantage locked up before this game starts. The Packers Oline is hurt by injuries, and Dline happens to be a strength of the Bears...which makes one think the Bears could possibly keep this game competitive. Add all this up and you have a slight potential that Bell goes off.

My personal view is that you only play Bell if your opponent's fantasy team is stacked and you need a hailmary to win. Otherwise take the known quantity and the known points, even if they are low.

This is pretty simple to me. Bell is an extremely high-risk high-reward play, in a game with many intriguing variables. Let's break it down:This week it is a new QB for the Bears, QB #3 on the season, and a guy who was recently picked up of the scrap heap. Many injuries (and an arrest) to the already poor group of WRs (Knox, Hester, Sam Hurd). Terrible offensive line, especially pass protection. Bears packed it in last week vs. Seattle...their season is over. The game this week is on the road in a hostile environment against arguably the most explosive offense in football. Add all this up and you have a very high likelihood that the Bears go down by 0-21 in the 1st quarter and the offense does nothing all day.On the other hand, Bell has looked very good every time he has had an opportunity to play...even going as far back as his first game as a rookie (72 yard run for his first NFL carry). There are no other options at RB for the Bears, so Bell will be a 3 down back this week. He will get the goal line carries. He will get the check downs, which there will be many. This is the biggest rivalry game in the NFL. It's the only football game on Christmas. The Packers defense can be terrible vs the run. The Packers may have home field advantage locked up before this game starts. The Packers Oline is hurt by injuries, and Dline happens to be a strength of the Bears...which makes one think the Bears could possibly keep this game competitive. Add all this up and you have a slight potential that Bell goes off.My personal view is that you only play Bell if your opponent's fantasy team is stacked and you need a hailmary to win. Otherwise take the known quantity and the known points, even if they are low.
How many true 3 down backs are there in the NFL? Not many.I respect your detailed analysis and conclusion but I disagree. Looks like the guys at FBG rankings department disagree as well.

This is pretty simple to me. Bell is an extremely high-risk high-reward play, in a game with many intriguing variables. Let's break it down:This week it is a new QB for the Bears, QB #3 on the season, and a guy who was recently picked up of the scrap heap. Many injuries (and an arrest) to the already poor group of WRs (Knox, Hester, Sam Hurd). Terrible offensive line, especially pass protection. Bears packed it in last week vs. Seattle...their season is over. The game this week is on the road in a hostile environment against arguably the most explosive offense in football. Add all this up and you have a very high likelihood that the Bears go down by 0-21 in the 1st quarter and the offense does nothing all day.On the other hand, Bell has looked very good every time he has had an opportunity to play...even going as far back as his first game as a rookie (72 yard run for his first NFL carry). There are no other options at RB for the Bears, so Bell will be a 3 down back this week. He will get the goal line carries. He will get the check downs, which there will be many. This is the biggest rivalry game in the NFL. It's the only football game on Christmas. The Packers defense can be terrible vs the run. The Packers may have home field advantage locked up before this game starts. The Packers Oline is hurt by injuries, and Dline happens to be a strength of the Bears...which makes one think the Bears could possibly keep this game competitive. Add all this up and you have a slight potential that Bell goes off.My personal view is that you only play Bell if your opponent's fantasy team is stacked and you need a hailmary to win. Otherwise take the known quantity and the known points, even if they are low.
If GB has nothing to play for and rests their guys he could go absolutely wild. Nothing is guaranteed but what I do like is guaranteed touches which he will get. I have CJ (banged up) and I think I'm going to pop him in over him. I also like having something left in the tank to root for and a sunday night game is always fun to twist the knife and take it then.

OK. Let's look at it from this angle. Do you think that Dom Capers is focusing on Josh McCown and the Bears WRs, or Bell? I am pretty sure we all agree that Capers will focus on the RB. He knows the Bears cannot pass block, are using a new QB, and have no WRs....which equals a lot of running. So now lets assume Bell gets 15-20 carries. Do you think he does anything with those carries if 8 guys are focused on him all game? Very risky.

BTW, I love this situation right here. This is what makes fantasy football so fun.

OK. Let's look at it from this angle. Do you think that Dom Capers is focusing on Josh McCown and the Bears WRs, or Bell? I am pretty sure we all agree that Capers will focus on the RB. He knows the Bears cannot pass block, are using a new QB, and have no WRs....which equals a lot of running. So now lets assume Bell gets 15-20 carries. Do you think he does anything with those carries if 8 guys are focused on him all game? Very risky.BTW, I love this situation right here. This is what makes fantasy football so fun.
Or on the flip side the Bears' coaches realize the same thing and are going to have Bell as the centerpiece of the offense.I think this is a glass half full scenario. Not half empty as you are painting it out to be.Again, now many pure 3 down backs are in the NFL these days?

Risky play for sure.

I have him...debating him, Morris/Felix, Harvin/Dez/Dem Thomas (whichever I don't start at WR2)

I hate this.

at the end of the day we won't know until we know...Bell is largely unknown and who knows what the situation for GB will be after todays games. It comes down to risk tolerance and your willingness to swing for the fences. I think he has a decent floor and potentially high ceiling.

My concerns with Bell are:

1) If GB does get off to a fast start, say 14-0, 21-0 by the 2nd quarter, do the Bears run the ball?

2) Even if the game is closer than most think, why does't GB stack the line with 8 and force them to throw? There's absolutely no deep threat with Knox gone (not that he was consistent to begin with). Bennett is a nice WR, but has disapeared without Cutler, and is a possession type WR, and he's their best option.

3) Caleb Hanie did like to throw the ball to Bell. Will McNown? He seems more likely to me to take a few more chances down the field. Will that mean less pass attempts, if I'm right about McNown?

My concerns with Bell are:1) If GB does get off to a fast start, say 14-0, 21-0 by the 2nd quarter, do the Bears run the ball?2) Even if the game is closer than most think, why does't GB stack the line with 8 and force them to throw? There's absolutely no deep threat with Knox gone (not that he was consistent to begin with). Bennett is a nice WR, but has disapeared without Cutler, and is a possession type WR, and he's their best option. 3) Caleb Hanie did like to throw the ball to Bell. Will McNown? He seems more likely to me to take a few more chances down the field. Will that mean less pass attempts, if I'm right about McNown?
if they get down he'll get the screens and check downs.Also if they get up big and have everything wrapped up they could rest everyone and Bell could have some monster garbage time stats.

Users who are viewing this thread