What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kenny Britt (1 Viewer)

ffnut

Footballguy
He is getting a lot of love in all the different week 1 rankings I'm seeing (top 10 in a few). Everyone most likely drafted him late enough to be a #3 WR. I'm personally still a bit scared since he's coming off a hammy, didn't play much at all in the preseason and has not had much time to build timing with Hasselback. Is anyone starting him with confidence and, if so, over who?

The hammy has me a bit worried, but IIRC, he dealt with a hammy issue (or was it ankle?) a lot of last year too... and put up good numbers when he was suited up. The matchup seems to be a pretty good one, so I think he seems like a high-end WR2 this week (in that range). I am starting him over Colston, AJ Green and E Bennett.

I'm starting him. Still have to make a decision on if I flex miles austin vs ben tate. Leaning toward austin though.

Starting Holmes over Britt this week. I just need to see Britt play an entire week without pulling up gimpy or being underutilized by new OC and QB.

But I think I got a huge steal /value

I was going Britt over Dez because of concern of Nmandi covering Dez. Everything I read says Austin is getting the attention but I'm not buying it...but now you guys are getting me concerned about Britt.

Starting Bowe over Britt. I would have started Britt over the other guys on my bench, which are SMoss and Finley(TEs count as WRs in my league). Also have LMoore, who was out (but becomes a solid WR2 if he plays while Colston is out). Hope this helps you.

Earlier in the off season Tennessee was saying they wouldn't give Britt a full amount of snaps week 1, but now say they'll let him run wild. Basically, they think he's fine, and since they probably have doctors and physicians much more qualified than me, I'll agree with them. I think Britt has a HUGE game, something along the lines of 7 rec 110 yards 1 td

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm expecting 6-80-1. Anything less and I'm disappointed. Then again, I'm higher on Kenny Britt than anyone that I know. If you take away all of the crap off the field I think he's got top five potential. He's a monster, and even without having a lot of time to work with Hasselbeck, I think playing against Jacksonville will make up for that.

I'm expecting 6-80-1. Anything less and I'm disappointed. Then again, I'm higher on Kenny Britt than anyone that I know. If you take away all of the crap off the field I think he's got top five potential. He's a monster, and even without having a lot of time to work with Hasselbeck, I think playing against Jacksonville will make up for that.
To this I agree. Anytime you start a guy and "hope" he gets you 5/60 you're planning on losing. The guy is talented and is the WR who will get the targets when CJ isn't running with his ball.

He's my #3 WR this week. Hoping for a solid game for him - he seems to be a boom or bust type.

why did you draft him if you won't play him week 1?or have doubts about it?

Last edited by a moderator:
why did you draft him if you won't play him week 1?or have doubts about it?
Some people have better options and drafted him for depth.
Exactly - drafted him as my number 3 after Fitzgerald and Austin. Normally wouldn't think about benching either of my top options in week one but Austin coming off a hammy against Revis is scary too!

I'm starting him over Jacoby Ford, alongside Manningham and Dez.
Same here with him over Ford. I'm in a fairly deep league though, so as soon as I decided Britt over Ford there was no question he was my WR2. Honestly, though, I'm not confident that he'll do well. Lot's of hope, though.*Edit*Not "eviloutsider" hope. Like, normal people hope.

To this I agree. Anytime you start a guy and "hope" he gets you 5/60 you're planning on losing. The guy is talented and is the WR who will get the targets when CJ isn't running with his ball.
In. I will be disappointed if he scores anything less than 7/100/1 against Jacksonville's suspect secondary. I am planning my follow-up post game trash talk now.

5/60 isn't too bad, that projects to 80 and close to 1,000 yards if he plays every game. The TDs are always iffy to project but I would be happy if Britt had those yards and catches this year.

I'm starting him over Jacoby Ford, alongside Manningham and Dez.
Same here with him over Ford. I'm in a fairly deep league though, so as soon as I decided Britt over Ford there was no question he was my WR2. Honestly, though, I'm not confident that he'll do well. Lot's of hope, though.*Edit*Not "eviloutsider" hope. Like, normal people hope.
Wow. 5/136/2. TD's were 2 & 80 yds. Really glad I stuck with him."eviloutsider" must be through the roof with excitement! :lmao:

'Addai said:
I'm starting Burleson over Britt. I need to see him do something with Hass first.
OOOF. This was my only lineup decision and it cost me. Next week I have to start him.
Ouch. That hurt. Next week though, Britt is facing Baltimore... not nearly the favorable matchup he had this week. If Baltimore is up a decent amount most of the game, maybe TEN will pass a lot? Baltimore's D looked tough vs. the Steelers, yet it is very tough to bench Britt after his first week. I could see a day of something like 5 recs for 62 yards and 0 TD vs. BAL.

Users who are viewing this thread