What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keto II (2 Viewers)

Sugarless and flourless cookie recipe:

INGREDIENTS

1 cup creamy peanut butter or almond butter

8 ounces pitted  dates ( 1 cup packed dates)

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1 egg

8 ounces melted dark chocolate

roasted peanuts, for topping (optional)

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

2. In the bowl of a food processor, combine the peanut butter, dates, and vanilla. Pulse until well combined and no large chunks of dates remain. Add the egg and pulse to combine. Roll the dough 14-15 balls and place on the prepared baking sheet. Using a fork, gently press down on each dough ball to flatten and create a cross hatch pattern. Transfer to the oven and bake for 9-10 minutes. It's important not to over bake these cookies, so set a timer!

3. Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool. To make dipping easier, freeze the cookies for 10-15 minutes. Then drizzle or dip the cookies in chocolate and sprinkle with peanuts. Eat...or let the chocolate harden and store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
They're probably good, but dates have a lot pf carbs. 1 cup = 110g of carbs. A cup of sugar is 200g, in comparison. 

Any suggestions for cookie recipes that are Keto friendly or at least relatively low carb?
Found this on https://www.reddit.com/r/Keto_Food/

There is an associated video as well: https://youtu.be/GGhF1zF7KGk

Haven't tried them yet but they look good! I love me some cookies....

Low carb cookies are a perfect recipe to make for any occasion.Whether you want to call them almond meal cookies, almond flour cookies, low carb chocolate chip cookies or even keto cookies, it’s all the same! We thought that using flax meal to make a cookie would turn out a product a little dense and chewy, but the exact opposite was true. This was like a soft cake like cookie that held up well but melts in your mouth. Next time we would try adding walnuts and maybe a touch of cardamom. We hope that you try and enjoy!

1 Cup Almond Flour or 1 Cup Flaxseed Meal
4 Tablespoons Monk-fruit Sweetener
2 Tablespoons Avocado Oil
2 Oz Bakers 100 % Cacao Dark Chocolate
1 Large Egg
½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
½ Teaspoon Himalayan Pink Salt
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract

Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with a layer of parchment paper.

Chop chocolate into pieces similar in size to a raisin. Don't worry if you have some pieces that look more like chocolate shavings. They all taste the same in the end.

In a bowl combine almond flour, monk-fruit sweetener, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk dry ingredients together. Add avocado oil, egg and vanilla. Stir till all ingredients are well incorporated. Last but not least add the chocolate and give the whole batch another good mix. 

Scoop out tablespoon size scoops of batter and place on lined baking sheet. Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 16 min. You want the bottom of the cookie to be nice and brown while the top should have a golden hue. Remove from the oven and cool completely before eating. The cookie needs to set; this is important since this is already a soft cookie. Once cool pour yourself a tall glass of milk. These cookies are absolutely delicious.

This recipe will yield 10-12 cookies.

I've been having some personal stuff the past month or so, nothing major but stuff where I wasn't caring about my diet.  

we are planning a trip around memorial day so i need to get back on board.

I'm back to a semi regular work out routine now need to focus on diet.   For me CICO doesn't always mesh well.   

Keto type diets for some reason work and stick with me.

Last edited by a moderator:
About 8 days in and was down 11 pounds.  Last couple of days have been rough, but trying to maintain.  I think I gained 3 pounds back.  Trying to stay consistent, but damn these office bdays.  This place had an ice cream bar, cakes, cookies, brownies, breakfasts and lunches for a Bday on our team.  We've had 2 in the last 4 days.  My will power is not the greatest, I'm afraid...

About 8 days in and was down 11 pounds.  Last couple of days have been rough, but trying to maintain.  I think I gained 3 pounds back.  Trying to stay consistent, but damn these office bdays.  This place had an ice cream bar, cakes, cookies, brownies, breakfasts and lunches for a Bday on our team.  We've had 2 in the last 4 days.  My will power is not the greatest, I'm afraid...
ELAINE: What is this?

MALE WORKER: You were out sick yesterday, so we got you a get-well cake.

FEMALE WORKER: It's carrot. It's good for you.

WORKERS (singing): Get well get well soon, we wish you to get--

ELAINE: Stop it! That's not even a song! I mean, now we're celebrating a sick day?

MALE WORKER: I think it's nice.

ELAINE: What? What is nice? Trying to fill the void in your life with flour and sugar and egg and vanilla? I mean, we are all unhappy. Do we have to be fat, too? Not you Becky, I know you have a slow metabolism. I don't want one more piece of cake in my office!

Another worker enters late.

WORKER (singing): Get well, get well soon--

MALE WORKER: It's not happening.

They all start to leave disappointed.

BECKY: Can we still it eat?

ill be starting this up on Monday, going hard core, have to.
I have to say Im surprised by my results thus far....I started at 312lbs. Im 6'4"......295 this morning.....

The food thing isn't a problem, just takes will power......its the social aspect of Alcohol....what am I to do when there is a get together? I mean I love margaritas. Beer...shots of fireball and other whiskeys...I think I could go clear until May with nothin but an occasional Michelob Ultra or two....but summer its going to be impossible....sigh

I have to say Im surprised by my results thus far....I started at 312lbs. Im 6'4"......295 this morning.....

The food thing isn't a problem, just takes will power......its the social aspect of Alcohol....what am I to do when there is a get together? I mean I love margaritas. Beer...shots of fireball and other whiskeys...I think I could go clear until May with nothin but an occasional Michelob Ultra or two....but summer its going to be impossible....sigh
Once you really get going and fat adapted you can (low carb) imbibe but it will stall you.  My recommendation is be intentional with your “cheats” but limit them greatly.  Meaning - don’t allow yourself to keep cheating over and over because you are in certain settings - either avoid the setting or plan ahead of time.

Occasional cheats and you will get back into keto with no issue.  It will slow you down for a few days but then you are good to go.

for other nights stick to zero carb booze like whiskey.  It will stall you but not take you out of ketosis.  Just note that your tolerance is awful on keto so tread carefully.  

Bud Select 55 is just 55 calories and under 2 grams of carbs. They’re not the tastiest beers in the world, but they’ll keep a cold beer-like drink in your hand through an entire summer cookout. I actually don’t mind them. 

Diving back into keto this week I decided. It’s the only way to get to where I want to be 2 months from now. The other stuff just doesn’t work as well for me. I’ll combine it with also following 16/8 IF or 20/4 IF depending on the day. 

Just note that your tolerance is awful on keto so tread carefully.  
Ive always known this but this last round and once I’ve lost so much it’s been crazy.

I wasn’t going to tell this story but a couple weeks back I was on a business trip and had drinks/dinner with some former co-workers and friends.  Got absolutely hammered - first time in a LONG time since I was that drunk.  I knew I had drank way more than I should but didn’t factor in my Keto - I screwed up.  I was almost blackout drunk.  My friend got me back to my hotel room.  Slept for a couple hours and then puked my guts out.  Horrible.   :bag:   :bag:   :bag:  

Guys Miller lite has 3.2 grams of carbs.  Ultra is 2.6

If I know I'm going to be out a couple Miller lites are fine

Guys Miller lite has 3.2 grams of carbs.  Ultra is 2.6

If I know I'm going to be out a couple Miller lites are fine
That's my go to also.  Never tried the Bud Selects but they appear to be about the same as Miller and I've never been a fan of Bud.

A little bummed at the scale number this morning, I won't lie. Seem to have stalled at about 18-20 lbs. lost since 1/27.

been pretty rigorous about doing IF/keto at 16:8 or even 18:6. Could be hidden carbs sneaking in, could be fake sweeteners, could be too much protein kicking me out of ketosis, could be normal weight fluctuations. Starting a 96 hour water fast today to jump start and hit those fasting benefits. Then go back to keto and log as I add stuff back.

one thing, I'm cutting out the stevia, erythritol and monk fruit. Taste like a hobo's bunghole anyway, so no downside to just completely avoiding them. 

A little bummed at the scale number this morning, I won't lie. Seem to have stalled at about 18-20 lbs. lost since 1/27.

been pretty rigorous about doing IF/keto at 16:8 or even 18:6. Could be hidden carbs sneaking in, could be fake sweeteners, could be too much protein kicking me out of ketosis, could be normal weight fluctuations. Starting a 96 hour water fast today to jump start and hit those fasting benefits. Then go back to keto and log as I add stuff back.

one thing, I'm cutting out the stevia, erythritol and monk fruit. Taste like a hobo's bunghole anyway, so no downside to just completely avoiding them. 
You lost 20 pounds in 3 weeks.  I would not declare you are stalled just yet

im my experience the weight loss comes in wooshes.  might stay the same for a few days might even go up a pound, then one day you drop 3.  Dont even worry about it.  Keep moving forward it will come off. 

im my experience the weight loss comes in wooshes.  might stay the same for a few days might even go up a pound, then one day you drop 3.  Dont even worry about it.  Keep moving forward it will come off. 
  • :thumbup: Appreciate it. This is exactly why I didn't want to live or die by the scale in the first place. I get too impatient for 2 lb. drops every day. Holding steady.

In. Day 1 in the books. I think I did it right. I’m not sure. But I’m ready to bust some heads this time around. 

Day 1 down also.  I am going to Disney in 11 days so y’all have me until then.

FYI anyone heard of the Folios cheese wraps?

These may be a game changer for me once I can find them.  They are pricey so I tried a DIY version I found online.  Basically a few slices of cheese in between parchment paper.  Throw in the microwave for 15-30 seconds depending on your microwaves power and then while still in between the parchment roll into a circle.  I put 3 in the fridge in between parchment paper in a ziplock.  We will see how they hold up this evening.

http://lotitofoods.com/folios/product/folios-cheddar/folio/

As of now keeping carbs below 20, Fat at 130, Protein at 104.

I am starting the morning of my 3rd day.  I peed on an expired stick last night and it showed trace Ketones.  Boo yah!

One other thing I found for a quick snack is summer sausage.

You have me for 10 more days and then I am off to Disney for a week where I will be the person being gluttonous as all can be. Then I will probably jump back in.

You have me for 10 more days and then I am off to Disney for a week where I will be the person being gluttonous as all can be. Then I will probably jump back in.
Disney and Keto are two of my favorite things in life and I spend way too much time reading and listening to podcasts - I’m jealous!

I'm not complaining but the first week has been slow for me. Waiting till Friday but was expecting a bigger push.  And I've been on top of everything 

After just two days of keto hit my recent low this morning, 228.1

this thing is magical 

I’m lazy and don’t like to cook, so last night for dinner I cut up a couple of avocados, microwaved some precooked bacon, and tore up some turkey breast deli meat. Mixed it all together.  Pretty damn nice. Could eat daily.  

Also made room for a low carb protein bar for lunch, a coors light and some peanuts on my commute home, and in the evening had a scotch. 

That’s a damn fine eating day in my book. If I could just copy and paste that over a few months I’ll be one handsome SOB 

(also I skip breakfast, other than coffee, and the only thing I eat till my commute home is my protein bar for lunch, so I think I’m doing 16/8 IF)

After just two days of keto hit my recent low this morning, 228.1

this thing is magical 

I’m lazy and don’t like to cook, so last night for dinner I cut up a couple of avocados, microwaved some precooked bacon, and tore up some turkey breast deli meat. Mixed it all together.  Pretty damn nice. Could eat daily.  

Also made room for a low carb protein bar for lunch, a coors light and some peanuts on my commute home, and in the evening had a scotch. 

That’s a damn fine eating day in my book. If I could just copy and paste that over a few months I’ll be one handsome SOB 

(also I skip breakfast, other than coffee, and the only thing I eat till my commute home is my protein bar for lunch, so I think I’m doing 16/8 IF)
The booze will stall you or slow you down.  If you are serious about doing this then cut out all alcohol for a while.

Gee that sounds fun. :hot:

I thought one of the best things about keto is you can drink?!!!  Wtf 
Over the long run you can - but you seem to be impatient and won’t do Keto for long.  In that case drinking booze daily will prevent you from getting where you want.  Sorry.

Over the long run you can - but you seem to be impatient and won’t do Keto for long.  In that case drinking booze daily will prevent you from getting where you want.  Sorry.
I stick mostly with scotch.  I am also a huge wine fan so I will indulge myself with that from time to time.   Have not had a beer in 8 months however (when I started my diet)  Has worked well for me, but I've been a slow burner with this thing.   Started out doing a strict keto diet for about 3 months, but switched to just more of a low carb/carb controlled diet for the last 4 months (probably between 30-50 g's a day) with some IF mixed in there (1 day of 20+ hrs, 2 days of 16/8 per week) in an effort to create something more sustainable.   Lost about 30 lbs since July and 3 inches off the waist (which was my main goal).     

I don't know about you all, but I've found that the amazing thing about a low carb diet is that I've lost all desire to eat breads, rice, pastas, or most sweets (I'll eat a bite or two of cake and feel sick from the sugar rush).   My priority since I started experiencing some success has been to effect a long term lifestyle change, and I think I've been able to do that by substituting carbs with foods like dark chocolate (80%+) and flavored 0 cal sparkling water (prob the one thing I cannot live without), and by not cutting out booze but instead switching to scotch.   

Anyways, I've been a long time reader of this thread but this is my first post in it, and just felt compelled to share with all of you.  This thread has been a great support for me, and for those of you posting here that are struggling with maintaining the discipline, know that there are folks here reading (and living) your stories and silently rooting for you.  

I stick mostly with scotch.  I am also a huge wine fan so I will indulge myself with that from time to time.   Have not had a beer in 8 months however (when I started my diet)  Has worked well for me, but I've been a slow burner with this thing.   Started out doing a strict keto diet for about 3 months, but switched to just more of a low carb/carb controlled diet for the last 4 months (probably between 30-50 g's a day) with some IF mixed in there (1 day of 20+ hrs, 2 days of 16/8 per week) in an effort to create something more sustainable.   Lost about 30 lbs since July and 3 inches off the waist (which was my main goal).     

I don't know about you all, but I've found that the amazing thing about a low carb diet is that I've lost all desire to eat breads, rice, pastas, or most sweets (I'll eat a bite or two of cake and feel sick from the sugar rush).   My priority since I started experiencing some success has been to effect a long term lifestyle change, and I think I've been able to do that by substituting carbs with foods like dark chocolate (80%+) and flavored 0 cal sparkling water (prob the one thing I cannot live without), and by not cutting out booze but instead switching to scotch.   

Anyways, I've been a long time reader of this thread but this is my first post in it, and just felt compelled to share with all of you.  This thread has been a great support for me, and for those of you posting here that are struggling with maintaining the discipline, know that there are folks here reading (and living) your stories and silently rooting for you.  
Awesome. Congrats on your success. 

24 pounds lost since starting Keto on Jan 1. Couldn’t do this without yummy fat bombs my wife makes. 190 pounds this AM with just 5 more pounds to hit my target goal.  :pickle:  IF 6 days a week (usually 16 and rarely ever more than 18 hours) and weight training 2-4 days a week. 

Week 1: -4 pounds.   Have to say a little disappointed. Normally like everyone else the first 2 weeks are money. Might need to track my calories closer.  Been tracking carbs and fat but I may be low calories.

Still glad I lost just surprised.

So I have 25 to go.

Ultimate 35.

Down to 226.8. First time I’ve seen that weight in a while. I’m continuing to lose a little bit every day on keto, despite eating out at restaurants and drinking alcohol regularly. After this weekend, though, going to ratchet down the alcohol consumption again and get back into the gym, while continuing to limit carbs. 

Does not make it impossible but will slow you down. The body will burn the alcohol/Toxin first before returning to the ketones. As I get closer to my goal weight alcohol consumption, calories and being in ketosis all start to matter much more. Slow and steady wins the race! Lifestyle not a diet!

265-189.6

17 months

Finally broke through to the 180's. Have not seen that in 30 years. 

Does not make it impossible but will slow you down. The body will burn the alcohol/Toxin first before returning to the ketones. As I get closer to my goal weight alcohol consumption, calories and being in ketosis all start to matter much more. Slow and steady wins the race! Lifestyle not a diet!

265-189.6

17 months

Wow. That's impressive.

:slowclap:

That is awesome! Congrats. And I should comment I drink ZERO alcohol so I do think that has helped me lose 24 pounds in less than 2 months. Not saying you have to quit drinking to have success with any diet or lifestyle change like this, but it certainly helps

Week 2 -3 pounds.   Really weird this time. I didn't get any huge drops like I normally do the first 2 weeks.  Don't get me wrong still going in right direction :).   Not sure what's different.

Anyway -7 total.

21 left for goal

32 for ultimate

Users who are viewing this thread