What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Koonce says Packers to sign big name off player (1 Viewer)

If the Packers sign Dillon, Ted Thompson should be shot.
I agree, if they sign Dillion they have an additional pine rider, Jackson will never be the starter. Morency will get every opp to prove that he can not handle the Load. Dillion or not, it dont matter.

If the Packers sign Dillon, Ted Thompson should be shot.
I agree, if they sign Dillion they have an additional pine rider, Jackson will never be the starter. Morency will get every opp to prove that he can not handle the Load. Dillion or not, it dont matter.
I was thinking about this. Obviously, if they sign Dillon is puts a damper on both Morency and Jackson's value, but I think it is worse for Jackson.Morency was a known quantity to them going into minicamps. He played for them last year, and they basically knew what he was. I can't fathom that they saw something in minicamp about Morency that would make them sign Dillon that they wouldn't have known already.However, minicamp is all they've seen of Jackson, and maybe they saw something there that they didn't like.This is all speculation, though, contingent on them actually signing Dillon.

With that in mind, it could be very similar to the Titans backfield:

Brandon Jackson = Chris Henry

Vernand Morency = Lendale White

Corey Dillon = Chris Brown

Just thinking out loud here.

With that in mind, it could be very similar to the Titans backfield:Brandon Jackson = Chris HenryVernand Morency = Lendale WhiteCorey Dillon = Chris BrownJust thinking out loud here.
Agreed. Both teams needed a veteran but the difference I see between the two teams is that Chris Brown will probably be the starter but I think that Morency has a good chance to be the starter in GB while Dillon will be there for insurance/depth. Morency looked good down the stretch and while the team may not be ready to hand over the reigns to him I think he'll have a real good chance of securing the starting job there. I think Dillon (if he signs) is the best available insurance policy if Morency fails miserably.

Maybe a TE? Not gonna be a 'big name" though, so I am guessing that is not what they are talking about (but may be the biggest need).

Where is Shannon Sharpe when you need him....

With that in mind, it could be very similar to the Titans backfield:Brandon Jackson = Chris HenryVernand Morency = Lendale WhiteCorey Dillon = Chris BrownJust thinking out loud here.
Agreed. Both teams needed a veteran but the difference I see between the two teams is that Chris Brown will probably be the starter but I think that Morency has a good chance to be the starter in GB while Dillon will be there for insurance/depth. Morency looked good down the stretch and while the team may not be ready to hand over the reigns to him I think he'll have a real good chance of securing the starting job there. I think Dillon (if he signs) is the best available insurance policy if Morency fails miserably.
The only problem with your reasoning is that Dillon has publically stated at least here in NE that he wanted to go some place that he would still start and that he would retire before he was a back-up. The reason he left the Patriots is that he did not want to take a back seat to Maroney. If it is Dillion that they are referring to I am willing to bet that he is coming in with the idea that he will start. That is the reason he canceled trips to Buffalo and to Tenn, they could not guarantee that he would be the starter.My guess is that it is Culpepper that they are referring to.

The only problem with your reasoning is that Dillon has publically stated at least here in NE that he wanted to go some place that he would still start and that he would retire before he was a back-up. The reason he left the Patriots is that he did not want to take a back seat to Maroney. If it is Dillion that they are referring to I am willing to bet that he is coming in with the idea that he will start. That is the reason he canceled trips to Buffalo and to Tenn, they could not guarantee that he would be the starter.My guess is that it is Culpepper that they are referring to.
Understandable in regard to Dillon but if that's Dillon's stance he will retire since no one is going to guarantee him anything at this point in his career. I like the Culpepper guess, makes a lot of sense.

Understandable in regard to Dillon but if that's Dillon's stance he will retire since no one is going to guarantee him anything at this point in his career. I like the Culpepper guess, makes a lot of sense.
I am guessing that the reason that Dillon has not signed with anyone is that he is waiting for the first #1 RB to go down with an injury. Then he has the leverage to sign for more than the minimum which is what I am sure he is being offered. He will sign with someone this year. He has a year left in him, no he is not going to have many 75 yard runs (hell he almost had to call a taxi last year when he broke a 55 yarder) but he can still move the chains and find the endzone.

Br Jackson -- Unknown. Usually takes a while to learn the offense.

Morency - Fumbles when he gets a chance. Coaches hate this.

Dillon - Makes sense.

If it is in fact Culpepper, I suspect that Favre might retire in the next week or so.
why? Favre will play this year and they will let Culpepper mend another year. Favre retires next year and Culpepper takes over.

If it is in fact Culpepper, I suspect that Favre might retire in the next week or so.
why? Favre will play this year and they will let Culpepper mend another year. Favre retires next year and Culpepper takes over.
Just doesn't make sense to me that they would get Culpepper to be a backup.
Why? Culpepper was rumored to be going to Jacksonville where he would be a back up to Leftwich till he got hurt or stunk up the field. At this point I think that GB has seen enough of Rogers to know that is may or may not work out. If it is Culpepper I would bet that the Rogers expectations are done, and Culpepper will be the QB for the next few years until they can draft a young franchise QB.

Why? Culpepper was rumored to be going to Jacksonville where he would be a back up to Leftwich till he got hurt or stunk up the field. At this point I think that GB has seen enough of Rogers to know that is may or may not work out. If it is Culpepper I would bet that the Rogers expectations are done, and Culpepper will be the QB for the next few years until they can draft a young franchise QB.
If he went to Jax, Culpepper would be starting this year, almost assuredly. In GB, he will just sit on the bench. Why not wait a year and get a free agent?

I don't think Culpepper is healed all the way yet. To me it makes perfect sense. I don't see any team bringing in Culpepper to be a starter at this point so if he's looking for that scenario he'll be waiting until next season anyway. In this case, he goes to the one situation where there will likely be a QB vacancy in a year and no other decent options on the roster.

If he went to Jax, Culpepper would be starting this year, almost assuredly. In GB, he will just sit on the bench. Why not wait a year and get a free agent?
Could there be a problem with Farve that is not being reported? If I am not mistaken that there were rumors about his shoulder earlier in the season. Culpepper is only 30, still young in respects to a QB. Yes he is coming off a MAJOR injury but that was a year and a half ago. Still waiting to hear if NFL Network is claiming it is a done deal or just speculation

Could there be a problem with Farve that is not being reported? If I am not mistaken that there were rumors about his shoulder earlier in the season. Culpepper is only 30, still young in respects to a QB. Yes he is coming off a MAJOR injury but that was a year and a half ago. Still waiting to hear if NFL Network is claiming it is a done deal or just speculation
If there is a problem with Favre it is not an injury, it is being pissed off at management.

If there is a problem with Favre it is not an injury, it is being pissed off at management.
Or could it be the Managment being pissed about all his complaining? They could be sending a message, thanks for your time here but we are not going to win it this year, time to plan for the next 4-5 years.

I heard Darren Sharper say that he bet Favre plays this season in GB and then asks for trade. He did NOT think Brett would reture when all was said and done.

Or could it be the Managment being pissed about all his complaining? They could be sending a message, thanks for your time here but we are not going to win it this year, time to plan for the next 4-5 years.
snipped a few.I bet it's just this guy was phenomenal a few years ago, let's see what happens when his knee is healed. In a way, similar to Koren in that it's a minimal risk huge reward possibility. Quite candidly it seems like an FF move and not an NFL move if that makes any sense.

I pimp Morency every chance I get, but thats :rant: Funny!!! In truth I might have to admit that a broken down Dillion might hobble thru the line better than Morency.

C-Pep would make sense. Rodgers just sux so Pep could replace Favre next season and get to play the Vikings 2X a year and stick it in their face. Or just keep turning the ball over? :lmao:

Packers fan here...

Heard it on Sirius 2 minute update and here

Deuce M. - Last year and can't NO can't afford 2 top paid RBs

J. Jones - Last year of contract

L. Johnson - Chiefs rebuilding and he plans on hold out

Any other options out there?
Michael Turner or Portis :goodposting:

Michael Turner or Portis :cry:
Michael Turner is not a big name
No he isn't. He is a huge name.

Michael Turner or Portis :coffee:

Michael Turner or Portis :lmao:
Michael Turner is not a big name
No he isn't. He is a huge name.
In FF he is a big name but in real football I doubt you would get this Packer guy to call him a big name.I'm not sure Corey Dillon is a "big name" anymore either.

Anyone want to bet it ends up being the same as the rumors that Randy Moss was going to be a Packer and nothing ever happens?

It seems like it is all speculation, except for a few idiots who posted "facts" on here that turned out to be untrue. :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread