What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kudos on the new site layout, Footballguys (1 Viewer)

jackdubl

Footballguy
Well done. Now I don't mind so much that my workplace internet filter started blocking the Shark Pool.

I have difficulty on the regular website with the go to last unread post button. It always takes me to the first post. Any ideas why?

Smartphone posting = 100x better

Computer posting = 100x worse

It's a give and take thing, I guess.

There used to be a button at the bottom of each post that would take you to the top of the page. That came in real handy in long threads. Can you put it back?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah- liked the old one better. It's also nice when the pinned threads are separated by a box from the regular posts imo.

Yeah- liked the old one better. It's also nice when the pinned threads are separated by a box from the regular posts imo.
Yes and No. I agree that it was easier to scroll right past the pinned threads in the old format...but wasn't that defeating the purpose of a pinned thread? The pinned treads are getting more attention now because they aren't so seperated.

'jdswan922 said:
I have difficulty on the regular website with the go to last unread post button. It always takes me to the first post. Any ideas why?
I've found that (at least for me) if it's a carryover thread that you have not yet accessed under the new format, it will take you to post 1. Once you've been to a thread, it will perform correctly.

Sorry to all the people I've reported since the change. I didn't mean to, I just wanted to get to the top of the dam page.

I also really enjoy how any old threads that I want to click on just open up at the top of the page. It's also very awesome that any thread older than the upgrade is unreadable due to the moron who was in charge of enabling me to read quoted posts.

Has anybody seen any FBG staff input on:

1. why the Forum change occurred?

2. why the subscription renewal price in now $27.95?

3. why, via my 2010 subscription, I'm locked out on premium content starting March 1st this year?

4. why yearly subscriptions can't cover a full calendar year?

This format is a huge step down. Honestly I am a subscriber (for many years) because I feel I owe it to Joe and company for the forums. With this horrible format I will have to re-think. I will subscribe this year but it needs to be way better again for next year.

I am just surprised that no FBG has weighed in. I have loved this site for well over a decade but I can't stand to look at the darn thing for over 5 minutes now.

This format is a huge step down. Honestly I am a subscriber (for many years) because I feel I owe it to Joe and company for the forums. With this horrible format I will have to re-think. I will subscribe this year but it needs to be way better again for next year.I am just surprised that no FBG has weighed in. I have loved this site for well over a decade but I can't stand to look at the darn thing for over 5 minutes now.
:lmao: I've been a subscriber for years and much more of a "lurker" than a "poster" on these boards, but with this change I believe I will not be renewing for 2011. I appreciate that Joe and David tried to make positive enhancements to the message boards...but I just don't like the layout now and find myself visiting less and less. Even though the message board change doesn't really impact a lot of the paid subscriber content...the fact that I don't like stopping by these message boards anymore makes me think it's time for me to move on.

Sucks. But, it's an "improvement" so what the hell do I know.

Hate it, actually. Not sure what was wrong with the old format that worked perfectly fine.

The only problem for me is that the new screens are much too white. I have to turn the brightness down on my screen after a few minutes or my head starts hurting. If the backgrounds on the windows were several shades darker(or greyish, as it was before), then I'd have no issues.

The other stuff, like the "follows closely" I believe will be readded.

One other thing for mobile view, no topic description on the thread titles. You kinda need that sometimes to know what the thread is really about.

Its definitely easier on phones but agree that viewing on a computer is much tougher. Question: I switched over to the full versionin order to login, how do I switch back to the mobile version? Don't see that option anywhere. Thanks.

It's terrible. I thought I'd gone through some time warp back to 1997. Had to look up and make sure the URL hadn't changed to www.geocities.com/sunsetstrip/footballguys

Its definitely easier on phones but agree that viewing on a computer is much tougher. Question: I switched over to the full versionin order to login, how do I switch back to the mobile version? Don't see that option anywhere. Thanks.
Bump. Mods?

Bump. Mods?
Good news, I was able to figure out how to switch it back to the mobile version for my phone. Bad news, I come here on a computer and the mobile version loads. I switch back to the normal format, and the mobile version is gone on my phone. Awesome.

Bump. Mods?
Good news, I was able to figure out how to switch it back to the mobile version for my phone. Bad news, I come here on a computer and the mobile version loads. I switch back to the normal format, and the mobile version is gone on my phone. Awesome.
I have this same problem. Has this been addressed anywhere?

Bump. Mods?
I don't have that issue so it might be something to do with how you or I have things set up in the personal settings. Unsure.

Bump. Mods?
I don't have that issue so it might be something to do with how you or I have things set up in the personal settings. Unsure.
It actually worked for me correctly (mobile version on phone, regular version on computer)... then I tried to search link on my phone. Ever since then, I have to keep switching back and forth because the setting no longer adjusts automatically. I checked my settings, but there is nothing apparent to me that I can change to correct this.

This format is the psuck.

More of us post from pc's than from iphones.

Please fix it back.

It's an eye sore now.

Bump. Mods?
It actually worked for me correctly (mobile version on phone, regular version on computer)... then I tried to search link on my phone. Ever since then, I have to keep switching back and forth because the setting no longer adjusts automatically. I checked my settings, but there is nothing apparent to me that I can change to correct this.
OK, not getting this behavior any more... seems to have corrected itself...

Guess no staff is going to address this... :X
Customer Service at Footballguys :thumbdown:
Uh, no.There is a large pinned thread for just these sorts of problems in the FFA. Go there, read it to see if these issues have been addressed. Several of the staff have responded to pretty much every comment there.But it's for real problems only. Not 'I don't like the look of this' complaints.

This format is a huge step down. Honestly I am a subscriber (for many years) because I feel I owe it to Joe and company for the forums. With this horrible format I will have to re-think. I will subscribe this year but it needs to be way better again for next year.I am just surprised that no FBG has weighed in. I have loved this site for well over a decade but I can't stand to look at the darn thing for over 5 minutes now.
:lmao: I've been a subscriber for years and much more of a "lurker" than a "poster" on these boards, but with this change I believe I will not be renewing for 2011. I appreciate that Joe and David tried to make positive enhancements to the message boards...but I just don't like the layout now and find myself visiting less and less. Even though the message board change doesn't really impact a lot of the paid subscriber content...the fact that I don't like stopping by these message boards anymore makes me think it's time for me to move on.
I have been meaning to reply to this post for the past week, but I just can't stand to look at this board long enough to post. I agree with the point Cowtippers makes in that I understand the need to change with the times and have a more function when it comes to smart phones, etc., but I really think it will come at a cost (at least for the short-term). I have noticed that posting on the board is down. Obvious answer is that it is the offseason and even compound that with the lock out and I am sure most think this is typical. Maybe (due to the lock out), but as someone who is a daily visitor of the site, i can tell you that I never remember seeing threads on the first page in the Shark Pool that have gone three days since its last post.I like to use forums to discuss my strategy and thoughts, and can't really see myself buying a subscription on one site and going to another to post.

Users who are viewing this thread