What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

LA Dem city council prez resigns after racist comments. (1 Viewer)

She needs to leave the council completely.
She's already resigned. Hopefully the other folks who were party to this disgusting conversation resign as well.

That's the difference between the Parties. This **** doesn't fly in the Democratic Party. Whereas Trump rallies are essentially Klan rallies these days, according to former Repubican leaders.
SHE DIDNT RESIGN!!! She stepped down from her presidents post. Why are people saying she resigned? She absolutely did not

What? How could she possibly stay on, she has to resign after all those comments. The community should demand it.
She did not. But yet strangely it is being reported as she did. The headline reads "resigned " and I'm unsure as to why
She has resigned, or stepped down would be better wording, as the president of the city council. The thing I read said it is unclear if she has quit her position on the city council entirely.
She has not as of yet
That is the confusion then. That article was poorly worded.

I don't see her keeping this gig. Dead man walking.
Multiple articles, news stories , reports. But I'm curious as to why
My guess is because it is a city council position and she said "resign" in her press release. This isn't really a huge national story TBH.

Once it is clear she is trying to stay on the council I would suspect her fellow members tell her to take a hike.
So the press just parrots what's in a press release? I'm not in the press yet I can tell the difference. Why is that so

She's already resigned. Hopefully the other folks who were party to this disgusting conversation resign as well.

That's the difference between the Parties. This **** doesn't fly in the Democratic Party. Whereas Trump rallies are essentially Klan rallies these days, according to former Repubican leaders.
SHE DIDNT RESIGN!!! She stepped down from her presidents post. Why are people saying she resigned? She absolutely did not

What? How could she possibly stay on, she has to resign after all those comments. The community should demand it.
She did not. But yet strangely it is being reported as she did. The headline reads "resigned " and I'm unsure as to why
She has resigned, or stepped down would be better wording, as the president of the city council. The thing I read said it is unclear if she has quit her position on the city council entirely.
She has not as of yet

My guess is because it is a city council position and she said "resign" in her press release. This isn't really a huge national story TBH.

Once it is clear she is trying to stay on the council I would suspect her fellow members tell her to take a hike.
So the press just parrots what's in a press release? I'm not in the press yet I can tell the difference. Why is that so
To some extent yeah I do think that happens for lesser stories. The article does say she is trying to stay on in her position. Thorough reading on your part.

Fox News for instance used the same headline

She has not as of yet

To some extent yeah I do think that happens for lesser stories. The article does say she is trying to stay on in her position. Thorough reading on your part.

Why on earth would you bring up fox news?

She has not as of yet

I am going ahead and advancing your subtle “oh golly why is this happening” shtick. I assume you are suggesting the media doesn‘t cover this fairly. Is that not where you are going with this?

It wasn't just the President. But this is what happens when you get libs off the record. They say the right things in public but once you get them behind closed doors they're just as bigoted as anyone else.
Um, are you suggesting that conservatives are all bigots and that lib[erals] are secretly just as bigoted?

My position would be that everyone in the world has some level of bias/bigotry in them. We don't all grow up exposed to everything and every type of person the world has to offer and we will all have levels of discomfort when exposed to those things/people later in life. In some cases, we learn to have fun with those groups that we have heard of or seen on TV when we are kids in ways that we find out later are bigoted in nature. Many of us learn to either suppress or get past some or all of those attitudes but this notion that there are people completely free of bias/bigotry is a pipe dream. And I say that as someone who believes he treats everyone equally until given a reason not to.
I would disagree. Do you have kids? When kids are young, they're not bigoted or racist. People are just people, not races to them. If you're a bigot or a racist or uncomfortable with people different than you, that's a learned behavior. Not everyone learns it. I'm sure it helps bigots sleep better to assume everyone else has some degree of bigotry naturally inside them, but it's simply not the case. Sorry if this disrupts your sleep.

It wasn't just the President. But this is what happens when you get libs off the record. They say the right things in public but once you get them behind closed doors they're just as bigoted as anyone else.
I have always said and will keep it saying that racism never left the Democrat Party. Even as they tried to rewrite history and blame the other side for it.

It's always been there. You see it in their policies and you see it when they think the cameras and microphones are off.

Blade - follow this thread please. You won't see any liberals in here defending racist comments. Unlike the racism that we see from your leadership celebrated daily.
I'd love to hear right wing takes on Tommy Tuberville. Are y'all calling for his resignation yet?

She has not as of yet

I am going ahead and advancing your subtle “oh golly why is this happening” shtick. I assume you are suggesting the media doesn‘t cover this fairly. Is that not where you are going with this?
It's exactly where I'm going with this. Duh. It's not even a tiny bit subtle

Last I read was she only resigned from her leadership positions. Could have changed during my commute.
Just the leadership role.

She has not as of yet

It's exactly where I'm going with this. Duh
So is Fox also in on this

She has not as of yet

In on what?

She has not as of yet

In on what?
Your theory? Did the liberal elitists get to the Fox News editors too?

She has not as of yet

In on what?
Dude. Take a break. Your partisanship is starting to show. I never mentioned liberal elitists or anything partisan at all. I wanna know why.

She has not as of yet

In on what?
Dude. Take a break. Your partisanship is starting to show. I never mentioned liberal elitists or anything partisan at all. I wanna know why.
I explained my theory. It seems pretty clear honestly. What do you suspect?

She has not as of yet

In on what?
Wow. Slow down. READ! I asked why. Now if I asked why but I had the answer, why would I ask why
Read man. Slow down on the reply button. Just take a breath. Please

She has not as of yet

In on what?
Wow. Slow down. READ! I asked why. Now if I asked why but I had answer, why would I ask why
Read man. Slow down on the reply button. Just take a breath. Please
:lol: it’s hard to follow your replies. You don’t have to spend so much time being subtle asking questions. Just spit it out already.

So…why would Fox use the same headline? Not everything is some hidden agenda. This is not a major story, news rooms are spread thin and simply pickup stories that hit the wire.

I agree the headline is written poorly but it is also an odd thing to put into a headline.

Question for Tommy - a racist presidential candidate or Trump? Who are you voting for?
Is this a trick question? Trump's racism is undeniable.
No it’s not a trick question. Biden/Harris isn’t exactly uniting the races here.
I have always said and will keep it saying that racism never left the Democrat Party. Even as they tried to rewrite history and blame the other side for it.

It's always been there. You see it in their policies and you see it when they think the cameras and microphones are off.

Blade - follow this thread please. You won't see any liberals in here defending racist comments. Unlike the racism that we see from your leadership celebrated daily.
I'd love to hear right wing takes on Tommy Tuberville. Are y'all calling for his resignation yet?
I started a thread on Tuberville and a moderator deleted it.

Before it was deleted, Bladerunner and a couple other conservatives made comments attacking me and ignoring Tuberville’s racism.
Thats not what you did. :no:

Question for Tommy - a racist presidential candidate or Trump? Who are you voting for?
No it’s not a trick question. Biden/Harris isn’t exactly uniting the races here.

Before it was deleted, Bladerunner and a couple other conservatives made comments attacking me and ignoring Tuberville’s racism.
This is an outright lie. I saw the thread before it vanished and didn't see anyone attacking you.

This is an outright lie. I saw the thread before it vanished and didn't see anyone attacking you.
You must have missed the posts before it was deleted.

Not only that, he didnt start a thread on tuberville. His thread was titled "Republicans are racist" or support racism.

He wasnt interested in discussion or about tuberville. It was a bad faith thread.

You must have missed the posts before it was deleted.
Doubtful, as I was online for a little bit when it was up and when I refreshed, it was gone. I doubt more than one post snuck in before it got zapped. You are just playing the victim because your bad faith thread was deemed unworthy by the mod squad.

Not only that, he didnt start a thread on tuberville. His thread was titled "Republicans are racist" or support racism.

He wasnt interested in discussion or about tuberville. It was a bad faith thread.
Agreed.

The thread title was a direct quote about Tuberville’s speech by the former head of the California’s GOP.

I tried telling everyone during that primary if you disliked Jeff Sessions, you're really gonna love Coach Tuberville. We had some people yucking it up over Sessions losing that primary but he was the mainstream option here. I wouldn't hold my breath for an apology out of him. Some of the wealthiest and most powerful men in the state tried to oust him from power when he was a coach at Auburn, he stared them down and refused to leave. He managed to hold on through the Alabama game, beat Alabama, turned the fanbase against them and forced those power brokers to back down. It also resulted in the termination of the AD and his right hand man, a long time beloved fixture in the athletic department. After all, someone had to take the fall for the money guys since the masses supported Tuberville after all of it.

These money backers are the same ones who basically assassinated Bryan Harsin's character while he was out of the country in an attempt to get rid of him this past year as well. Harsin sucks as a coach but just fire him, no need to attack the man's character and hurt his family. Tuberville has been under fire before, I don't think he's likely to flinch.

She has not as of yet

LA Times confirms that she is staying on. I would be surprised if she doesn’t resign by the end of today though. The others should go also.

You compared an entire party to the Klan and yet you're the victim once again. Amazing

Finally someone from that recording did the right thing. Who would have thought it would be the union hack?

Nury Martinez and the other people on this call are deadman walking.

You compared an entire party to the Klan and yet you're the victim once again. Amazing
No I did not. I quoted Mike Madrid, former press secretary for the California State Assembly Republican leader and political director for the California Republican Party. Here was his take on Tuberville:

Mike Madrid
@madrid_mike
Oct 8
The South shall rise again
The Republicans are holding Klan rallies

I literally had quotes around the comments, so no one could mistake the comments as being mine. Why are you lying?

I'll reiterate my views. Racism is bad and anyone endorsing it or practicing it in 2022 is unfit for office. The LA City Council folks caught on tape should resign immediately. Tuberville should resign immediately.

I'll reiterate my views. Racism is bad and anyone endorsing it or practicing it in 2022 is unfit for office. The LA City Council folks caught on tape should resign immediately. Tuberville should resign immediately.
Which, is funny, because yesterday you started a thread and tried to demonize EVERYONE belonging to the Republican Party as racists. So, when it turns out the Democrats were the actual racists all along, now you're just talking about the individual, not the entire party you belong to (like you tried to do, y'know, yesterday).

You see how easy this is poking holes and seeing thru your arguments?

LA city council is having a meeting at 10 am local time, hope this is shown on their local channels.
Fair, why do you think the LA City Council Democrats are embarrassed and issued immediate apologies when their racist comments, made in private, were exposed?

Which, is funny, because yesterday you started a thread and tried to demonize EVERYONE belonging to the Republican Party as racists. So, when it turns out the Democrats were the actual racists all along, now you're just talking about the individual, not the entire party you belong to (like you tried to do, y'know, yesterday).

For the 5th time, I did no such thing. I started a thread about Tuberville's racist comments that quoted a former leader of the California Republican Party. Please stop lying and intentionally mischaracterizing my post.

LA city council is having a meeting at 10 am local time, hope this is shown on their local channels.
Fair, why do you think the LA City Council Democrats are embarrassed and issued immediate apologies when their racist comments, made in private, were exposed?
Personally I hope she stays on to exhibit the hypocrites.

Unrelated - go padres.
I disagree; racists have no business in leadership positions.

Care to answer my question?

So wait BR. Now you’re going to do EXACTLY what you‘re putting Tommy on blast for (blanket statement an entire group of people in a party)? Wtf man.

Users who are viewing this thread