What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lee Evans Hype Train (1 Viewer)

Hoping someone who watched the game can put "zero catches in a blowout" in context for me. :unsure:
Being a Bills fan, all I can tell you is that he has been a boom or bust player. I didn't see today's game, but I assume he cleared out the safeties for Boldin and the TE's. He will get his, good luck on guessin' when.

I saw one play where he was targeted in the endzone. The throw came in a bit high, but Evans also ran a terrible route. I've been saying for a few weeks that the Bills were ok with trading him because of his route running only to have people jump down my throat saying that he runs excellent routes. The season will tell the truth.

I saw one play where he was targeted in the endzone. The throw came in a bit high, but Evans also ran a terrible route. I've been saying for a few weeks that the Bills were ok with trading him because of his route running only to have people jump down my throat saying that he runs excellent routes. The season will tell the truth.
Being a Bills fan, I never thought that he was a great route runner. For what the Ravens need, he is perfect. Stretch the D and let Rice and Boldin do their thing. Regardless of his drawbacks, he is the consumate(sp) pro. Never complains and plays within the gameplan.

Being a Bills fan, I never thought that he was a great route runner. For what the Ravens need, he is perfect. Stretch the D and let Rice and Boldin do their thing. Regardless of his drawbacks, he is the consumate(sp) pro. Never complains and plays within the gameplan.
Oh, I agree. They needed somebody with speed to go run those fly patterns and open up stuff underneath for Boldin to work and for Ray Rice to rip up the defense. He's a great fit for them.The Bills wanted to go with a shorter passing game with quick drops because of their bad O-line and Fitzpatrick's lack of an arm. Gailey was on Evans since last year to polish his routes and be more willing to go short and over the middle. Evans didn't really do that so the Bills traded him to make way for other receivers that could do it. It sucked as a Bills fan because Lee was always a great Bill and I hated to see him go. But I don't think the Bills were necessarily wrong to do it and I don't think they did it because they are cheap (which is what the accusations were). He's just a one dimensional player and that dimension didn't fit the Bills offense this year.

Oh, I agree. They needed somebody with speed to go run those fly patterns and open up stuff underneath for Boldin to work and for Ray Rice to rip up the defense. He's a great fit for them.The Bills wanted to go with a shorter passing game with quick drops because of their bad O-line and Fitzpatrick's lack of an arm. Gailey was on Evans since last year to polish his routes and be more willing to go short and over the middle. Evans didn't really do that so the Bills traded him to make way for other receivers that could do it. It sucked as a Bills fan because Lee was always a great Bill and I hated to see him go. But I don't think the Bills were necessarily wrong to do it and I don't think they did it because they are cheap (which is what the accusations were). He's just a one dimensional player and that dimension didn't fit the Bills offense this year.
I totally agree that Lee wasn't let go because of money. Lee was let go because Ryan doesn't have that type of arm and (I really believe this) the Bills wanted to reward his loyalty by trading him to a contending team. People love to bad mouth Ralph, but I have no doubt that he love his players and wants to field a winning team.

Hoping someone who watched the game can put "zero catches in a blowout" in context for me. :unsure:
Being a Bills fan, all I can tell you is that he has been a boom or bust player. I didn't see today's game, but I assume he cleared out the safeties for Boldin and the TE's. He will get his, good luck on guessin' when.
this is exactly what i heard happened. his benefit to the team didnt show up in the stats.

Users who are viewing this thread