What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

\\m// Official Dealer's Choice Music Mixtape Draft (3 Viewers)

My category is music by black women that is not typical, popular black female genres of music.

I would define that as no hip hop, rap, urban, r&b, gospel or blues, but use your own judgment. If the band has a black female guitarist in an otherwise all white male band that's fine as long the song features the guitarist in some way.

sad songs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that filled quickly. I think I wouldn't be a great draftee over the next couple of weeks, so best to all of you. I'd like to see the results.

Maria McKee is one of my favorite all time performers. If you made that your category, my only struggle would be choosing which song was the best. There are so many good ones.

Official category. Songs with incredibly strained metaphors.
One recent album jumps immediately to mind. I'll wait until after the draft. I can't think of anything else, but this one really chafed me.

eta* What chafed me was its metaphor, not the category. Also really liked it. Eagerly lurking. Sounds like we have major music aficionados on the boards.

Okay, it's probably better than my current idea - favorite Maria McKee vocal performance.
That gal has a strong whistle. I've never heard of her, but I like the tune.
Songs with whistling give me the willies - hate'em.
:whistle: <---- click me
I'm looking for something with whistling and finger-snapping. Got anything?
:whistle: <--- click me

Okay, it's probably better than my current idea - favorite Maria McKee vocal performance.
That gal has a strong whistle. I've never heard of her, but I like the tune.
Songs with whistling give me the willies - hate'em.
:whistle: <---- click me
I'm looking for something with whistling and finger-snapping. Got anything?
:whistle: <--- click me
I have a guy that will take care of any tv with that theme song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvX8vYal9PI

My category is music by black women that is not typical, popular black female genres of music.

I would define that as no hip hop, rap, urban, r&b, gospel or blues, but use your own judgment. If the band has a black female guitarist in an otherwise all white male band that's fine as long the song features the guitarist in some way.
Like this category a lot, if only because I know exactly which chick I will pick.

My Category choice

A song by a queer folk band (not to be confused with music from the Queer as Folk series). Gay pop folk indie and gay church folk also acceptable. Emphasis on folk (as in: features a long neck banjo and upright bass? Nailed it).

This category is subject to partner approval (no homo).

I think we're full

eephus

AcerFC

Fennis

Bonzai

zamboni

El Floppo/BobbyLayne

Steve Tasker

Mister CIA

JZilla

GrOOvus

Chaos Commish

timschochet

John Madden's Lunchbox

Doug B

Usual21

higgins

John Bender

Ramsay Hunt Experience

simey

Uruk Hai

Binky The Doormat
Guess my "In" at post #4 didn't make the cut.... will still be fun to follow along anyway.
You still want in?

I'm out. I'll be out of town for 10 days starting next week.

My Category choice

A song by a queer folk band (not to be confused with music from the Queer as Folk series). Gay pop folk indie and gay church folk also acceptable. Emphasis on folk (as in: features a long neck banjo and upright bass? Nailed it).

Are Scandinavians eligible?

My Category choice

Are Scandinavians eligible?
Clearly, Nordic folk music is a separate cat.

Amendment: features mandolin + upright bass? really ####### nailed it.

I envisioned this as a way to put together listenable mixes more than a scavenger hunt. But I also envisioned not losing control until page 3.

I envisioned this as a way to put together listenable mixes more than a scavenger hunt. But I also envisioned not losing control until page 3.
As stated in the other thread, I'd like to see bluegrass/country/folk represented, mainly as it's a recent discovery for me. For a long time I was dismissive of those genres; to me one of the major reasons for this exercise is discovering new music.You're the captain, amend as you see fit.

ETA: f'n thumbs

My Category choice

The who did what?

I have WAY too many queer folk bands on my ipod.

My Category choice

The who did what?I have WAY too many queer folk bands on my ipod.
:hifive: Oh, and :yes: to lunch Friday.

I think we're full

eephus

AcerFC

Fennis

Bonzai

zamboni

El Floppo/BobbyLayne

Steve Tasker

Mister CIA

JZilla

GrOOvus

Chaos Commish

timschochet

John Madden's Lunchbox

Doug B

Usual21

higgins

John Bender

Ramsay Hunt Experience

simey

Uruk Hai

Binky The Doormat
Guess my "In" at post #4 didn't make the cut.... will still be fun to follow along anyway.
You still want in?

I would, but it doesn't appear that AAABatteries was on the list of 21.

I think we're full

eephus

AcerFC

Fennis

Bonzai

zamboni

El Floppo/BobbyLayne

Steve Tasker

Mister CIA

JZilla

GrOOvus

Chaos Commish

timschochet

John Madden's Lunchbox

Doug B

Usual21

higgins

John Bender

Ramsay Hunt Experience

simey

Uruk Hai

Binky The Doormat
You still want in?

Take my spot. I'm over-extended and prefer being the late night peanut gallery. I'm out.

I'm more than happy to change my cat based more on your vision. Just let me know.

I think we're full

eephus

AcerFC

Fennis

Bonzai

zamboni

El Floppo/BobbyLayne

Steve Tasker

Mister CIA

JZilla

GrOOvus

Chaos Commish

timschochet

John Madden's Lunchbox

Doug B

Usual21

higgins

John Bender

Ramsay Hunt Experience

simey

Uruk Hai

Binky The Doormat
You still want in?

Take my spot. I'm over-extended and prefer being the late night peanut gallery. I'm out.
If you're positive, then sure.

The more this expands, the more I realize I should bow out as well. I know myself from past years, and I tend to commit way too much time to these things.

Feel free to swap me out as well.

My category: Best solo song by a Beatle (Anything with Wings does not count)

(it was either this or Wu Tang Clan)

Users who are viewing this thread