What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Madieu Williams injury (1 Viewer)

bonscott

Footballguy
(KFFL) Mark Curnutte, of The Cincinnati Enquirer, reports Cincinnati Bengals FS Madieu Williams (foot) suffered a sprained foot during the team's Week 10 game. Head coach Marvin Lewis said Williams will be limited during practice early in the week.

That would explain getting just 1 assist.

My only question is why the dropoff? Change in scheme? Sharing time? Teams throwing to other side of field? Bad matchups in consecutive weeks? Playing hurt?

Aside from the "he was never any good talk", how does the guy go from being one of the top DB scorers to nothing for 3 - 4 weeks? I mean, it's not like the Bengals defense is actually getting off the field.
I, unfortunately, get to watch every Bengal game :mellow: . Call me stubborn if you like, I still believe it's variance.To my eyes, he's not being used much differently, with the caveat that the Bengals have seen a lot more multiWR sets over the past three weeks than in the first six which tends to push him into a more Ed Reed like role than a Brian Dawkins like role. Williams is still coming on two-three run blitzes each game, he's still creeping down into the box a fair number of times. I don't believe there's an injury, although I didn't see much of him against the four WR sets late in the Baltimore game. He was playing corner against those formations earlier in the game so whether that was my crappy non-HD picture or something else will have to wait until mid-week.
Reposted from the other thread. I had looked for information in the post-thread pressers but didn't see anything. Thanks.

My only question is why the dropoff? Change in scheme? Sharing time? Teams throwing to other side of field? Bad matchups in consecutive weeks? Playing hurt?

Aside from the "he was never any good talk", how does the guy go from being one of the top DB scorers to nothing for 3 - 4 weeks? I mean, it's not like the Bengals defense is actually getting off the field.
I, unfortunately, get to watch every Bengal game :banned: . Call me stubborn if you like, I still believe it's variance.To my eyes, he's not being used much differently, with the caveat that the Bengals have seen a lot more multiWR sets over the past three weeks than in the first six which tends to push him into a more Ed Reed like role than a Brian Dawkins like role. Williams is still coming on two-three run blitzes each game, he's still creeping down into the box a fair number of times. I don't believe there's an injury, although I didn't see much of him against the four WR sets late in the Baltimore game. He was playing corner against those formations earlier in the game so whether that was my crappy non-HD picture or something else will have to wait until mid-week.
Reposted from the other thread. I had looked for information in the post-thread pressers but didn't see anything. Thanks.
ahhh, the almighty V-word strikes again...jason taylor can go 3 weeks without a sack, yet conventional wisdom would say he oughta have a field day against the jets and the raiders.

the volatility of defensive play is what makes my IDP league the most fun to play in. it's a great measure of GM ability, but at the same time IT IS WHAT IT IS...

i hit on cortland finnegan and laron landry...*fist pumps*

i drafted the aforementioned mr. taylor waaaay too early...*stares at self in mirror*

"darnell dockett's a scrub now..." hahahahaha...feels so good...

i love it- the depth of free agents and matchup analysis makes it all worthwhile

and i appreciate the info i get here

Week 11 Practice Report - Last Updated Wed Nov 14 8:05:36 p.m. ET 2007

Williams, Madieu CIN S Did Not Participate Foot

I, unfortunately, get to watch every Bengal game :homer: . Call me stubborn if you like, I still believe it's variance.To my eyes, he's not being used much differently, with the caveat that the Bengals have seen a lot more multiWR sets over the past three weeks than in the first six which tends to push him into a more Ed Reed like role than a Brian Dawkins like role. Williams is still coming on two-three run blitzes each game, he's still creeping down into the box a fair number of times.
V-A-R-I-A-N-C-E. :lmao:Sorry, couldn't resist. :P

It seems I may have been too hasty. My Yahoo league only gave Maddy credit for 1 assisted tackle. But I just went to NFL.com and they have him listed for 5-0 and a sack. Way to go!

mektarus said:
It seems I may have been too hasty. My Yahoo league only gave Maddy credit for 1 assisted tackle. But I just went to NFL.com and they have him listed for 5-0 and a sack. Way to go!
:rant:

Users who are viewing this thread