What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marital Advice - Friendly camping trip too friendly? (1 Viewer)

What do I do next?

• Nothing, let it go.

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Go to counseling.

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Have my wife call this guy to figure out the events.

Votes: 25 50.0%
  • [No response text]

Votes: 15 30.0%

• Total voters
I'm 100% positive Steve and the guys wife did something. But I've been married 13 years with 3 kids, I wouldn't let something like this ruin my marriage with my wife. I love my wife to death, and pledge to support her through good and bad, including stuff like this. Assuming MWTYH feels this way, instead of ruining his marriage and his kids childhoods, he ought to let it go. She owes him. If the opportunity arose, take it. I was just in Vegas and had a girl I could have nailed while I was down there, she was smoking hot, I laughed it off and moved on. Now, if I knew my wife had cheated on me, I would have taken that girl to my room and shagged the hell out of her. And that would be the end of it in my mind. Even.
And that is very much a decision to be made on a personal level. If my wife banged some dude in a bathroom, it would be the end of our relationship. I don't give a crap how drunk she was. End of story.

I'm just saying that 95 percent of the people in this thread are convinced that his wife did something...
Just guessing that we're not the only ones. This thread didn't start out with "Hey guys! Check out this funny story that happened when I was camping! :lol: ". Dude was concerned about his wife spending FIFTEEN minutes in a bathroom stall with ANOTHER DUDE. I think that might be enough to almost convince me that something pretty UnWAR took place.
I guess 15 minutes is the gold standard for sexaul experiences. And the only evidence we have that they were in the stall together was George.
MITYH: Were you otherwise with your wife during the entire evening? Was there another occasion where her boobs could have come out of her bra without her being aware of it?
Good question here. She was with us all on the volleyball court. She was with us all in the bar on the campground. She was with us all at the site after we left the bar. As I recall this, she was not near me on two occassions.First, when she went to the bathroom with the guys.

The second was later, just before she went to bed. I knew she was pretty drunk, and she headed up to the women's bathroom to take out her contacts and possibly yack. So, I walked up there to check on her. She was sitting on a chair in a bathroom stall by herself. She said she didn't puke, but wasn't feeling well. She got up, and we walked back toward the site. This is when she mentioned her boobs were out and I asked how that happened. I guess what I don't like about that is not that her boobs weren't in her bra, but that fact that it was still fastened. If she were taking off her bra to get ready to go to bed, I'm guessin she would've just taken the thing off completely. That didn't make sense to me.
How is your wife continuing to act after all of this?? Is she apologetic for putting you through this, has she left you completely twisting in the wind? No matter what really happened, I'm disturbed your wife wouldn't recognize how much pain and confusion she's caused you. Obviously, if she didn't do anything (of which I have a tough time believing) it would be cruel just to blow it off as "I can't remember anything, la, la, la, laaa" and expect you to merrily move on and go about your week. I would think she has to see the obvious strain this is putting on you. Is she just ignoring that and not letting you talk about it?? The extent she doesn't want to talk about it anymore and help you get through what should be an obvious wound, makes her a)uncaring and cruel at best and b)guilty as hell at worst.
Well, I brought up very bluntly, not smoothly. Basically I said "Did you bang Steve in the bathroom while camping?" She stared at me and said "What?" I said "George said you and Steve went into the same stall, and you guys were gone by yourselves for at least 15 minutes. I'm just wondering if something happened." She said she had no memory of this. So, I walked her through the rest of the night. Do you remeber this? Yes. This? Yes. Well, your disappearing act happened right between those things. She said she didn't think Steve would do this. She sat quietly for a while, then walked back to our room and sat back there folding clothes. She came out a while later craying saying she thought hard about the night and doesn't remember this at all. She certainly seemed upset that people (others) might get a bad impression of her, especially the dude's wife. The wives in this case have gotten pretty close over the last year or so. She repeated several times that she doesn't remember anything and hopes she didn't do anything stupid.
Ugh, just going by what you are telling me, that makes me angry that her big concern was what others would think of her and her good reputation and not how you are doing and what you would be going through. I mean obviously, by the way you asked her, she would have to get the picture of how this would be tearing you up. "I hope I didn't do anything stupid so that Steve's wife is upset with me" doesn't cut it. That's straight bull####.Sorry, I really am not trying to twist any knife, it just seems that her priority, if she was innocent or truly not remembering anything, would be to make things right with you. I feel for you and literally feel that dull shot in the gut just thinking about this.
Or it could suggest that she knows nothing really did happen and simply assumes her husband believes her so that's not a concern for her which needs to be addressed by her initial reaction. Therefore, her main concern is the well-being of the others that and the hope that Steve's wife would assume the same. She sees the situation as one which could potentially look bad, not one which was bad, which could ruin friendships - not her marriage (assuming she values marriage over friendship which any sane person would).
Only problem with that theory is that she acknowledged that something might have happened.
:shock: Exactly, and her first reaction wasn't "oh ####, I can't believe how this must look to you and how this must be killing you." It was, "golly, what people must think of me...I hope this doesn't kill my candidacy on the PTA"This sucks.

OK, this has been very entertaining, but at this point I have to call: :shock: (but a GREAT one)
I honestly don't think so, but who knows?:lol:Notable is the huge delay between posts by MITYH. His posts combined wouldn't even amount to a half page, yet this thing is on p. 12 and counting.

I'm 100% positive Steve and the guys wife did something. But I've been married 13 years with 3 kids, I wouldn't let something like this ruin my marriage with my wife. I love my wife to death, and pledge to support her through good and bad, including stuff like this. Assuming MWTYH feels this way, instead of ruining his marriage and his kids childhoods, he ought to let it go. She owes him. If the opportunity arose, take it. I was just in Vegas and had a girl I could have nailed while I was down there, she was smoking hot, I laughed it off and moved on. Now, if I knew my wife had cheated on me, I would have taken that girl to my room and shagged the hell out of her. And that would be the end of it in my mind. Even.
Ok was just curious. Not to get on a high horse here, but if I KNEW (as in admission or other evidence to my satisfaction) I'd take one of 2 courses: marriage over or full forgiveness. I guess I just can't understand the payback thing. To each their own though.
I'd forgive in exchange for hummers on demand.
:shock: This is the Married Shark move.

I have a hard time believing she doesn't remember whether or not she did anything with Steve in the bathroom...especially if she can remember other, mundane things.

Jesus Christ you guys are scaring the hell out of this poor guy.
In before Woz finds a way to relate this story back to his hot-ex.
I dunno, I guess I just know what it feels like to be accused of cheating, understand that there is some reasons for other to have drawn that conclusion, but honestly hadn't done it but had nobody believe me. So, from that experience I can sympathize with the wife and on the chance she did nothing I don't want to see her husband crucify her yet before he knows for sure.
:lol:
:lmao:
:shock:It was directly analogous.

OK, this has been very entertaining, but at this point I have to call: :shock: (but a GREAT one)
I honestly don't think so, but who knows?:lol:Notable is the huge delay between posts by MITYH. His posts combined wouldn't even amount to a half page, yet this thing is on p. 12 and counting.
And most of his posts have been in relation to some insignificant detail or question that was asked - nothing of any real substance other than a few posts.

Ok was just curious. Not to get on a high horse here, but if I KNEW (as in admission or other evidence to my satisfaction) I'd take one of 2 courses: marriage over or full forgiveness. I guess I just can't understand the payback thing. To each their own though.
I agree. I'd hope my wife would "assure" me on several occassions of her faithfulness.

If wife was in cover-up mode why didn't she just fix her bra and not point it out to MITYH that her boobs were hanging out?

When your wife tells you she used to have a crush on Steve you should have told her what a cheating scumbag he was. At least I would have.

That must have been a long 15 minutes that you sat there waiting for your wife to come back after two dudes just told you she went in a bathroom stall with another dude. Joking or not. You probably didn't get up because you didn't think she was overly intoxicated. She probably wasn't.

:shock:

Hell, I'd cut this deal today, even before she cheated.

Man in the Yellow Hat,

Redact the personal information and post the transcript of your email exchange with "George."

And most of his posts have been in relation to some insignificant detail or question that was asked - nothing of any real substance other than a few posts.
Exactly. Until the last post, he has done nothing to fan the flames. And even that could have been juiced up alot if this was a fishhing expedition. Also, the e-mail from George was made about as dull as possible.

If wife was in cover-up mode why didn't she just fix her bra and not point it out to MITYH that her boobs were hanging out?
This is a key, good point.If she knows she's been cheating, no way she volunteers the information that her boobs are hanging out.

Man in the Yellow Hat,Redact the personal information and post the transcript of your email exchange with "George."
:blackdot:As seen from the clarification regarding the conversation with the wife, the precise wording of the e-mail exchange is very important.

OK, this has been very entertaining, but at this point I have to call: :blackdot: (but a GREAT one)
I honestly don't think so, but who knows?:shrug:Notable is the huge delay between posts by MITYH. His posts combined wouldn't even amount to a half page, yet this thing is on p. 12 and counting.
yeah, because if i was coming to terms with my marriage going down the tubes, i'd be sure that the fanatasy football message board was updated.

Also, we are all assuming that Steve wanted to hit yellow's wife. It sounds like he already could of or did before. So would Steve even be interested in banging her?
I can without a doubt verify that she was a virgin before I arrived. Now, that doesn't mean she didn't fool around with anyone before I was on the scene, or even while I was on the scene, but she never had the secks before me.As for would he be interested? Hard to say. His wife is really hot, so he's got that going for him. He is alway a bit flirty with my wife, but I never saw anything out of line. Without knowing his history, I could see how someone would think he wouldn't do it. He puts on a good front. My wife actually said "I don't believe Steve would do something like that".
Regardless if his wife is hot or not, that doesn't mean that he wouldn't want to lay pipe with your wife. AND...how can you without a doubt verify that she was a virgin? It's pretty much impossible to tell if a girl is a virgin or not...you're taking her word for it. And before anyone mentions tightness or hymens...not ALL chicks are loose, and not all chicks have hymens; many are "broken" before a girl EVER has sex. TIA. MY problem with this story is that suddenly people are "forgetting" what happened...even "George" who saw them together in the same bathroom stall. Now all of a sudden he can't remember? AND...if it's some kind of sick joke, what the #### kinds of "friends" are these? "Hey, let's tell MITYH that his wife and Steve are in the same bathroom!!!" "Yeah, dood, that's hilarious. Gimme a break.

I'm just saying that 95 percent of the people in this thread are convinced that his wife did something...
Just guessing that we're not the only ones. This thread didn't start out with "Hey guys! Check out this funny story that happened when I was camping! :shrug: ". Dude was concerned about his wife spending FIFTEEN minutes in a bathroom stall with ANOTHER DUDE. I think that might be enough to almost convince me that something pretty UnWAR took place.
I guess 15 minutes is the gold standard for sexaul experiences. And the only evidence we have that they were in the stall together was George.
MITYH: Were you otherwise with your wife during the entire evening? Was there another occasion where her boobs could have come out of her bra without her being aware of it?
Good question here. She was with us all on the volleyball court. She was with us all in the bar on the campground. She was with us all at the site after we left the bar. As I recall this, she was not near me on two occassions.First, when she went to the bathroom with the guys.

The second was later, just before she went to bed. I knew she was pretty drunk, and she headed up to the women's bathroom to take out her contacts and possibly yack. So, I walked up there to check on her. She was sitting on a chair in a bathroom stall by herself. She said she didn't puke, but wasn't feeling well. She got up, and we walked back toward the site. This is when she mentioned her boobs were out and I asked how that happened. I guess what I don't like about that is not that her boobs weren't in her bra, but that fact that it was still fastened. If she were taking off her bra to get ready to go to bed, I'm guessin she would've just taken the thing off completely. That didn't make sense to me.
How is your wife continuing to act after all of this?? Is she apologetic for putting you through this, has she left you completely twisting in the wind? No matter what really happened, I'm disturbed your wife wouldn't recognize how much pain and confusion she's caused you. Obviously, if she didn't do anything (of which I have a tough time believing) it would be cruel just to blow it off as "I can't remember anything, la, la, la, laaa" and expect you to merrily move on and go about your week. I would think she has to see the obvious strain this is putting on you. Is she just ignoring that and not letting you talk about it?? The extent she doesn't want to talk about it anymore and help you get through what should be an obvious wound, makes her a)uncaring and cruel at best and b)guilty as hell at worst.
Well, I brought up very bluntly, not smoothly. Basically I said "Did you bang Steve in the bathroom while camping?" She stared at me and said "What?" I said "George said you and Steve went into the same stall, and you guys were gone by yourselves for at least 15 minutes. I'm just wondering if something happened." She said she had no memory of this. So, I walked her through the rest of the night. Do you remeber this? Yes. This? Yes. Well, your disappearing act happened right between those things. She said she didn't think Steve would do this. She sat quietly for a while, then walked back to our room and sat back there folding clothes. She came out a while later craying saying she thought hard about the night and doesn't remember this at all. She certainly seemed upset that people (others) might get a bad impression of her, especially the dude's wife. The wives in this case have gotten pretty close over the last year or so. She repeated several times that she doesn't remember anything and hopes she didn't do anything stupid.
Plausable Deniability. :blackdot:

OK, this has been very entertaining, but at this point I have to call: :blackdot: (but a GREAT one)
I honestly don't think so, but who knows?:shrug:Notable is the huge delay between posts by MITYH. His posts combined wouldn't even amount to a half page, yet this thing is on p. 12 and counting.
yeah, because if i was coming to terms with my marriage going down the tubes, i'd be sure that the fanatasy football message board was updated.
funniest post I ever read here. Thanks

I wish I was fishing fellas. The reason I can't confront anyone else right now is because I am at work. Best I can do is try to get some work done this afternoon and head for home for round 2 tonight.

I will eventually bring this thread to conclusion. Maybe things will become more clear after this evening.

Wait, what?I am on the side that thinks this is NOT a fishing trip, and think good evidence of that is the lack of posts by MITYH. So it sounds like we agree?Your post confuses me.

:blackdot: This is the Married Shark move.
Hell, I'd cut this deal today, even before she cheated.
:shrug:

How to handle it...I haven't a clue. Steve isn't the main one to blame, although he's an ### for doing it and has no excuse. But your wife is supposed to stay committed to you (drunk or not). It's not Steve's job to keep her committed to you.The question is, why did she feel the need to go to the bathroom the same time as him? She seems to have been the initiator. That would depress me.My wife knows my rules....she cheats and I find out about it, I'm gone. I don't care if it ruins the kids, I don't care if it makes us broke, I don't care if everyone's life falls apart. It's a huge lack of respect for your spouse to do something sexual with someone else (unless said spouse is into the menage and agrees :blackdot: )
Great attitude.

I haven't read every post - has Yellow Hat said what his wife's history has been since marriage to him? Does she have a history of lying/sketchy behavior? If this was me, I would believe my wife w/o question (not that she'd ever flirt or get drunk) - because of what I know of her, I'd have to see video of the event to believe it. Even then, I'd probably look for an evil twin explanation. Call me naive, but that's what I've seen of her character.

If MIYH's wife has consistently shown fidelity up till now, maybe she deserves the benefit of the doubt?

I wish I was fishing fellas. The reason I can't confront anyone else right now is because I am at work. Best I can do is try to get some work done this afternoon and head for home for round 2 tonight.

I will eventually bring this thread to conclusion. Maybe things will become more clear after this evening.
As good a place as any for a big, fat .

Two things you may want to try:

1. Take your buddy George out for a few beers. Just shoot the shat for awhile, and after downing a few, he may be more eager to open up about what he knows.

2. Where was Steve's wife during this? Was she not on the trip or around when George said to check on your wife? I'd try to meet up with her and let her know your concerns about what may have happened. If she is unaware of the situation, it may be a good thing to have both of you on the lookout for some incriminating clues, instead of just yourself.

I may have missed it but there is another point that needs to be made.

Who in the world would hook-up in a camp grounds restroom? I've never seen a crapper at a campground that wasn't totally filthy.

If (and that's a big if from what I can tell) you ever decide to confront Steve about this, do NOT under any circumstance mention that your wife can't remember what happened. This is a free pass for Steve to make up whatever story he wants and no one can call BS on him.

I guess I am the only one who thinks she may not have done anything. I don't see anything in her denial that would be out of the ordinary for someone who was innocent. If she was guilty, I would have expected a more defiant tone. I just hear someone who may have some fuzzy details on a drunken night and was told that they did something that they have no recollection of.

:blackdot:

I have a woman's perspective on this, but I do not have a lot of time right now. I will be back after I get out of work. All I have to say is this... She knows. I will explain why I believe this later. GL

Sounds like you been married a while. When my wife even lies about stupid crap I can tell because I know her so well. For lack of better wording, in poker terms. What's your read on her.

This is a key, good point.If she knows she's been cheating, no way she volunteers the information that her boobs are hanging out.
If she was as wasted as MITYH says she was, she's not thinking about covering up the encounter at that point. She's in "babbling incoherently" mode.

Jesus Christ you guys are scaring the hell out of this poor guy.
In before Woz finds a way to relate this story back to his hot-ex.
I dunno, I guess I just know what it feels like to be accused of cheating, understand that there is some reasons for other to have drawn that conclusion, but honestly hadn't done it but had nobody believe me. So, from that experience I can sympathize with the wife and on the chance she did nothing I don't want to see her husband crucify her yet before he knows for sure.
:banned:
:excited:
:blackdot:It was directly analogous.
:stalker:I'm not saying it wasn't - still funny that someone called it.

I had a meeting at noon that I skipped because of this stinking thread. If I get fired, I'm coming after Steve myself. That dude makes me so mad.

Users who are viewing this thread