What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mark Ingram (Any other Dynasty Owners jumping Ship) (1 Viewer)

jacobo_moses

Footballguy
The more I look at his knee situation and having 2 big surgeries on the same knee. The more it scares me to keep him as a Dynasty owner!!! What are owners trading Ingram for ?? I mean is anyone trading Ingram for Jacquizz Rogers?? Or what are dynasty owners doing here??

Nope. Doing the same thing I did with DMC (or any other high 1st round pick I invested in) which is to hold them until either they make it or are out of the league. Nothing worse than to give a player away and then see them become the roster star for the owner you traded them to.

id deal you quiz for ingram.

for owners panicking with ingram here....quizz really didn't do anything overly impressive in his playing time. (he did show very good lower body strength in the open field. i didn't really see anything that popped out at me with him running the ball....and i was looking closely for anything)

if quizz doesn't forge his way past turner this year....really hard to believe he'll be handed the reigns in 2013 when turners likely gone. if quizz has 175 touches this year id consider it a great year for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a fellow dynasty owner today ask about Bradshaw (on my roster) for Ingram, but he mentioned he'd want a bump and wouldn't trade him straight up for Bradshaw. I might be wrong, but I think Bradshaw is worth more right now. He's proven he can play 3 downs and play injured. Ingram hasn't.

Lesean McCoy looked like complete garbage his rookie year. People relax. Ingram is a great great buy low.

I had a fellow dynasty owner today ask about Bradshaw (on my roster) for Ingram, but he mentioned he'd want a bump and wouldn't trade him straight up for Bradshaw. I might be wrong, but I think Bradshaw is worth more right now. He's proven he can play 3 downs and play injured. Ingram hasn't.
I think it's close and personal preference at this point. Ingram probably has a higher ceiling with the drafting of Wilson, but Bradshaw has certainly proven more to this point. Both are obviously pretty big injury risks, though Ingram's may be a bit more concerning.

I traded Ingram a few weeks ago for Decker. I had a bunch of other young RBs and think Decker jumps in value as the seasons gets closer (production during the year as well). Ingram's knee is an issue and I think he finishes outside the top-30/35 RBs in 2012. If I like what I see on tape in 2012, I can always rebuy him for a decent price. I think Decker will be worth more in dynasty over the next 12 months.

I traded Demaryius Thomas for Ingram and a 2nd round draft pick. I needed another RB and was deep on WR's. Overall I have Thomas ranked four spots higher than Ingram in my dynasty values, but with the 2nd round pick I think it balanced out.

I traded Ingram a few weeks ago for Decker. I had a bunch of other young RBs and think Decker jumps in value as the seasons gets closer (production during the year as well). Ingram's knee is an issue and I think he finishes outside the top-30/35 RBs in 2012. If I like what I see on tape in 2012, I can always rebuy him for a decent price. I think Decker will be worth more in dynasty over the next 12 months.
If Ingram has a good year you won't be buying him for a "decent" price you will be paying "Ryan Mathews this off season" type price

'dickey moe said:
'squistion said:
Nothing worse than to give a player away and then see them become the roster star for the owner you traded them to.
Well, next to having said player rot on your bench and get absolutely nothing in return.
I thought it was clear from the parts you edited out of my post that we were not talking just about any player you own, but obviously not. Yes, as a general rule, if you know nothing else, then getting something is better than holding a player and getting nothing.However, this specifically has to do with a player you invested a high 1st round pick and whether you give him away for a marginal player or trust your original instincts and keep him. If you trade him for peanuts and then he shows the potential you believed he had, then, to me, that definitely is worse than having him rot on the bench and get nothing in return. You have to trust your instincts like I did with DMC. People were offering me 2nd round picks after his 2nd year in the league, but despite the injuries, I didn't see a reason to doubt that my initial evaluation of his talent had been incorrect. I kept him and in his 3rd year he helped me win two league championships.Ingram has defintely been a disappointment, but it is not even close that I would swap him for Jacquizz Rogers. If he turns that he rots on my bench and ends up worthless, fine with me and preferable to giving him away for nothing.

The knee is worrisome but it does not look like a deal breaker to me at this point. It seems to me that if he fulfills even half of his potential then he is at the absolute lowest value you could ever get him at. I would trade for him if an owner that has him freaks out.

I was lucky enough to have traded Ingram for Lynch just before he popped off, but I think it'll be another year or two before I really know who won out on the trade. Who knows, Lynch could've been a fluke and Ingram might explode...

I drafted him Number 1 last season. I traded him mid-season. I am not regretting that decision. Not so much his talent or situation. But he may have serious issues that could limit his career significantly.

I still like his potential, but I did trade him away in the one league I owned him. I gave him up for Dwayne Bowe and a future 3rd.

'dickey moe said:
'squistion said:
Nothing worse than to give a player away and then see them become the roster star for the owner you traded them to.
Well, next to having said player rot on your bench and get absolutely nothing in return.
I thought it was clear from the parts you edited out of my post that we were not talking just about any player you own, but obviously not. Yes, as a general rule, if you know nothing else, then getting something is better than holding a player and getting nothing.However, this specifically has to do with a player you invested a high 1st round pick and whether you give him away for a marginal player or trust your original instincts and keep him. If you trade him for peanuts and then he shows the potential you believed he had, then, to me, that definitely is worse than having him rot on the bench and get nothing in return. You have to trust your instincts like I did with DMC. People were offering me 2nd round picks after his 2nd year in the league, but despite the injuries, I didn't see a reason to doubt that my initial evaluation of his talent had been incorrect. I kept him and in his 3rd year he helped me win two league championships.Ingram has defintely been a disappointment, but it is not even close that I would swap him for Jacquizz Rogers. If he turns that he rots on my bench and ends up worthless, fine with me and preferable to giving him away for nothing.
The difference is that DMC looked good his rookie year on a terrible team. Despite getting hurt you could see the potential there. Ingram played bad on a great offense and his YPC was still well below all the other RB's on the team.

'dickey moe said:
'squistion said:
The difference is that DMC looked good his rookie year on a terrible team. Despite getting hurt you could see the potential there. Ingram played bad on a great offense and his YPC was still well below all the other RB's on the team.
:goodposting:

'dickey moe said:
'squistion said:
I thought it was clear from the parts you edited out of my post that we were not talking just about any player you own, but obviously not. Yes, as a general rule, if you know nothing else, then getting something is better than holding a player and getting nothing.However, this specifically has to do with a player you invested a high 1st round pick and whether you give him away for a marginal player or trust your original instincts and keep him. If you trade him for peanuts and then he shows the potential you believed he had, then, to me, that definitely is worse than having him rot on the bench and get nothing in return.

You have to trust your instincts like I did with DMC. People were offering me 2nd round picks after his 2nd year in the league, but despite the injuries, I didn't see a reason to doubt that my initial evaluation of his talent had been incorrect. I kept him and in his 3rd year he helped me win two league championships.

Ingram has defintely been a disappointment, but it is not even close that I would swap him for Jacquizz Rogers. If he turns that he rots on my bench and ends up worthless, fine with me and preferable to giving him away for nothing.
The difference is that DMC looked good his rookie year on a terrible team.

Despite getting hurt you could see the potential there. Ingram played bad on a great offense and his YPC was still well below all the other RB's on the team.
EBF and Az_Prof (among others) would both disagree with you on that. Seems to me that I can remember threads at that time with them both saying something to the effect of "See I told you so, he was overrated." And I owned him in two leagues and my recollection was that he was not that impressive in his rookie year - I am pretty certain that in trades following his first year he was going about for what Ingram is now. Hard to remember exactly but it seems to me that all the so called dynasty experts on this forum were saying "Sell! Sell!" not "He really looked good his rookie year."I could be wrong on this, but I don't think so. :shrug: And I don't feel like waiting through old threads to prove it either way.

'dickey moe said:
'squistion said:
I thought it was clear from the parts you edited out of my post that we were not talking just about any player you own, but obviously not. Yes, as a general rule, if you know nothing else, then getting something is better than holding a player and getting nothing.However, this specifically has to do with a player you invested a high 1st round pick and whether you give him away for a marginal player or trust your original instincts and keep him. If you trade him for peanuts and then he shows the potential you believed he had, then, to me, that definitely is worse than having him rot on the bench and get nothing in return.

You have to trust your instincts like I did with DMC. People were offering me 2nd round picks after his 2nd year in the league, but despite the injuries, I didn't see a reason to doubt that my initial evaluation of his talent had been incorrect. I kept him and in his 3rd year he helped me win two league championships.

Ingram has defintely been a disappointment, but it is not even close that I would swap him for Jacquizz Rogers. If he turns that he rots on my bench and ends up worthless, fine with me and preferable to giving him away for nothing.

Despite getting hurt you could see the potential there. Ingram played bad on a great offense and his YPC was still well below all the other RB's on the team.
EBF and Az_Prof (among others) would both disagree with you on that. Seems to me that I can remember threads at that time with them both saying something to the effect of "See I told you so, he was overrated." And I owned him in two leagues and my recollection was that he was not that impressive in his rookie year - I am pretty certain that in trades following his first year he was going about for what Ingram is now. Hard to remember exactly but it seems to me that all the so called dynasty experts on this forum were saying "Sell! Sell!" not "He really looked good his rookie year."I could be wrong on this, but I don't think so. :shrug: And I don't feel like waiting through old threads to prove it either way.
Yeah i wouldnt exactly call 4.4 and 3.4 ypc in his first two seasons with 7 fumbles in 200 attempts as looking good.

'dickey moe said:
'squistion said:

He looked much better than Ingram(DMC didn't look like a stud). I remember he had a blow up game versus a bad KC defense...but Ingram didn't have any blow up games.I remember being down on DMC after his rookie year...but he didn't average 3.9 a carry on a good run blocking OL.

The other issue with comparing the two is that DMC is a superior athlete to Ingram.

'dickey moe said:
'squistion said:

He looked much better than Ingram(DMC didn't look like a stud). I remember he had a blow up game versus a bad KC defense...but Ingram didn't have any blow up games.I remember being down on DMC after his rookie year...but he didn't average 3.9 a carry on a good run blocking OL.

The other issue with comparing the two is that DMC is a superior athlete to Ingram.
Not sure about that. Playing devils advocate here but.......yes DMAC ran for 21/164 against the chiefs. Ingram had games of 14/91 and 13/80. Both of those games were better rushing numbers than any other game for DMAC in his first 2 years. Also Ingram had a stinker against the Falcons coming back from injury of 8/11. Yake that game out of the equation and he was at 4.1 YPC for the season.

I jumped ship the only place I owned him, and that was a league where he went third so it literally was a "no-brainer". Degenerative injuries get worse over time. I just don't see this guy playing for 5-6 more years.

'dickey moe said:
'squistion said:

Not sure about that. Playing devils advocate here but.......yes DMAC ran for 21/164 against the chiefs. Ingram had games of 14/91 and 13/80. Both of those games were better rushing numbers than any other game for DMAC in his first 2 years. Also Ingram had a stinker against the Falcons coming back from injury of 8/11. Yake that game out of the equation and he was at 4.1 YPC for the season.
I actually don't disagree with your point(this is why I enjoy debating). DMC didn't show much else his first two years outside of that game. The one thing that everybody could cling to was his production versus SEC defenses and he's very athletic(but yet not little). Ingram didn't have 2 years of dominating the SEC, he isn't a freak athletically, and didn't have any blow up games...just a couple of solid games. Then now another knee injury.

I would think that most people can agree that spending a top-3 pick on a guy then trading him for a 2nd round type a year later is awful mismanagement.

If you liked Ingram coming out, you haven't seen enough to change your mind. If you didn't like him, same reasoning. He's definitely a hold IMO in most leagues IMO.

I jumped ship the only place I owned him, and that was a league where he went third so it literally was a "no-brainer". Degenerative injuries get worse over time. I just don't see this guy playing for 5-6 more years.
Was there ever any proof that his knee was arthritic? I don't remember seeing anything besides draft rumors and we all know how on the up and up those are. Last i remember was him sending out a letter from Dr. Andrews saying his knee was 100%.

Was there ever any proof that his knee was arthritic? I don't remember seeing anything besides draft rumors and we all know how on the up and up those are. Last i remember was him sending out a letter from Dr. Andrews saying his knee was 100%.
That is the problem with these unsubstantiated rumors (which I am pretty sure this is, but I will stand corrected if a link is provided) is that they are remembered by people as gospel. When Ahman Green was early in his career with the Packers I kept seeing on message boards that he had a degenerative condition in his knees, but he played for years after that. And remember the reports of Priest Holmes degenerative hip in 2003 that caused his stock to fall in drafts? The below is from staffer Chris Smith in the preseason of 2003 - which was the year Holmes played 16 games, had 320 rushes for 1420 yards and 27 TDs, plus 74 receptions for another 690 yards. He played for several years after that and it was a neck injury, not his hip that eventually led to his retirement.

With Priest Holmes fighting a serious hip injury and wanting a new contract, Johnson just may get the opportunity to showcase his skills on the field...His fantasy value could be very low if Priest Holmes is cleared to play and gets his contract settled; to very high if he does get a chance to start each week. If Holmes cannot come back from the degenerative hip injury, expect Johnson to put up top twelve fantasy numbers.
http://www.footballguys.com/rookierb.htm

'Craig_MiamiFL said:
(he did show very good lower body strength in the open field...
:confused: How exactly does one do that? Lower body strength is typically demonstrated in a pile.

There's a lot of doctors in this forum...wow. I'm holding the guy right now. He's clearly at his low point right now and he's only 22. Is he going to bust out and be Emitt like everyone was saying, probably not, but I just don't see a reason to cut bait when clearly there is some potential. If he can average 60-80 yards and vulture some TDs, I think he's pretty valuable in Non-PPR leagues.

Ingram cost me 1.03 last year, I had been holding until I got an offer I couldn't refuse. Just traded Ingram away for Ganaway + 2013 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th. Picks look to be middle to perhaps early if I am lucky.

I smell a buy low
I agree. My one negative thought is how the saints use a RBBC. That said, fewer touches could work to the advantage of someone in his position and they do sometimes ride the hot hand. I think a lot of people often give up on rookies far too early.

I traded him for Reggie Bush straight up.

I am not as worried about the knee as I am about the rbbc. New Orleans is a pass first team first off (I am guessing but they probably pass the ball over 60% of the time), then Sproles is gonna get his and so is Pierre Thomas. I dont want to take a chance that Ingram is going to get a td cause without a td he stats wont deserve him to being your lineup.

I still think he could be a nice player but not until they limit the touches with their other backs.

anyone think ingrams carries will increase because sean peyton won't be coaching? idk who is coaching the saints, but if they do well, it would look great on their resume. make sense that they would try to use the "better" back in ingram more than peyton would, right?

I would think that most people can agree that spending a top-3 pick on a guy then trading him for a 2nd round type a year later is awful mismanagement.If you liked Ingram coming out, you haven't seen enough to change your mind. If you didn't like him, same reasoning. He's definitely a hold IMO in most leagues IMO.
:goodposting: I'm holding there's no reason to push the panic button.

anyone think ingrams carries will increase because sean peyton won't be coaching? idk who is coaching the saints, but if they do well, it would look great on their resume. make sense that they would try to use the "better" back in ingram more than peyton would, right?
unless you think that Ingram is the third best back in the RBBC behind Thomas and Sproles

If Ingram has a good year you won't be buying him for a "decent" price you will be paying "Ryan Mathews this off season" type price
Agree, and I think people with guys like decker and Tamme (who I think is going to have a great Fantasy year) have to realize that they are much more tied in value to Manning than Thomas is. So, at his age and given the recent neck concerns, I think Decker is a bit risky in this trade. He might have great value for the next 12 months, but he could just as easily be way down a year and a half from now. barring injury, I can't see Ingram being lower valued over the next few seasons than what he currently is.

i don't own him in any leagues but I did make an inquiry for him after reading this thread and the one guy that I talked to still values him highly. (just throwing that out there for people to compare to what they may have experienced).

Agree, and I think people with guys like decker and Tamme (who I think is going to have a great Fantasy year) have to realize that they are much more tied in value to Manning than Thomas is. So, at his age and given the recent neck concerns, I think Decker is a bit risky in this trade. He might have great value for the next 12 months, but he could just as easily be way down a year and a half from now. barring injury, I can't see Ingram being lower valued over the next few seasons than what he currently is.
well Decker was averaging 5-75-1 with Orton at QB, i don't think he's totally dependent on Manning like Tamme is. unlike Tamme, I think Decker is a good talent

I own him in one league and I currently have an offer on the table from another owner of a 2013 1st rounder. The pick would more than likely be top 8. Strongly considering the offer.

well Decker was averaging 5-75-1 with Orton at QB, i don't think he's totally dependent on Manning like Tamme is. unlike Tamme, I think Decker is a good talent
I agree; he's fine. I'm just saying that we have seen a huge spike in his asking price since Manning got there so it only makes sense that, sans Manning, his value would drop back. And to be honest, IMO, Orton is a lot better than what he gets credit for. He can play. His problem has always seemed to be consistency. So its worth considering that if manning left, you know you wouldn't get a guy as good as Manning to replace him but you may also not get a guy as good as Orton (I think that's the part that people could easily miss). You get a guy that is TJAX or Gabbert and you have to rethink it some. but, yes, decker has his own level of ability.

DMC looked overwhelmed his rookie season. He had a decent 4.4 ypc, but one carry accounted for .4 of that. He looked even worse his second season when he averaged 3.4 ypc. He was tentative, went down with first contact, and looked like a speedster incorrectly cast as a RB. He had a few nice plays, but his collective body of work was pretty much dreadful. In redrafts before his third season, he was going in round 9-10, after Michael Bush. I'm not going to go through all the threads, but I'm sure there were plenty about him being a bust. Personally, I don't see any reason to sell Ingram for a bag of peanuts, unless you have some ridiculously small roster limit. I'm not targetting him as a trade option by any stretch, but I wouldn't trade him away unless I got a decent player in return.

Users who are viewing this thread