What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mark Ingram(RB-Alabama) (1 Viewer)

Am I the only one that thinks New England would be a bad landing spot for fantasy purposes? They RBBC and wouldn't see them changing that with Law Firm, and Woodhead. New England is once of the worst spots for any fantasy player right now, they spread the ball around way too much.Miami would be nice. :)
Completely agree. NE would not be a great spot for Ingram.
Is it me, or did Law Firm just churn out about 1200 yards and 13 td's on a pass first team with Woodhead in tow? I agree that Ingram has a better potential landing spot in Miami, simply because of BB's track record. However Freddy T and Law Firm have put up very under-the-radar and respectable stats.

The Pats will probably end up with Pierre Thomas. I would guess that they will use their first round picks on OL or DL.
That does seem to fit their MO; A veteran back perhaps at the right price point.Personally, I'd rather take the shot at a home-run from Ingram than go with the oft injured Thomas. But, Thomas does may a lot of sense from a dollar and opportunity cost perspective, especially if you're going to use a committee of backs.

The Pats will probably end up with Pierre Thomas. I would guess that they will use their first round picks on OL or DL.
That does seem to fit their MO; A veteran back perhaps at the right price point.Personally, I'd rather take the shot at a home-run from Ingram than go with the oft injured Thomas. But, Thomas does may a lot of sense from a dollar and opportunity cost perspective, especially if you're going to use a committee of backs.
Unless the Pats trade up, I don't see him being there for the Pats to even get to consider.

Mark Ingram interview at the combine

I like this guy, he's the total package. Hope he lands in a good spot.
Think I saw that yesterday, don't feel like waiting thru the under armour ad. I liked hearing him talk about pass protection and some runs. Felt like it wasn't rehearsed, but just a guy chatting about who to key on and who to read. I'm still in previous year mode where he was "the second coming" apparently, but as these guys all get dissected this week I like Ingram even more. I'm not the college football fan most around here are. I'll tell ya though I am certain that the mocks have him going too late.

Unless the Pats trade up, I don't see him being there for the Pats to even get to consider.
McGahee sounds like a better fit for the Pats then Thomas, to me at least..

All it'll take for Ingram to be there at #17 is for the Dolphins to pass on him as no other team ahead of the Pats really needs a RB. If one of the top QB prospects falls to the Dolphins I could see them skimping out on Ingram.

Last edited by a moderator:
Calling him all over the first in the combine specials on NFLN the last few days. Most common is 15-->end of first.

I like the Pats idea for Ingram.

Alabama RB Mark Ingram ran forty times in the 4.47-4.53 range at the Crimson Tide Pro Day Wednesday.

Ingram's Combine time was 4.62, "officially." NFL stopwatches are adjusted a tenth of a second or more for Pro Days, so his speed is probably in the same range. Ingram remains the only surefire first-round running back. For what it's worth, SI's Tony Pauline had Ingram in the 4.50-4.56 range Wednesday.

Alabama RB Mark Ingram ran forty times in the 4.47-4.53 range at the Crimson Tide Pro Day Wednesday.Ingram's Combine time was 4.62, "officially." NFL stopwatches are adjusted a tenth of a second or more for Pro Days, so his speed is probably in the same range. Ingram remains the only surefire first-round running back. For what it's worth, SI's Tony Pauline had Ingram in the 4.50-4.56 range Wednesday.
So it sounds like his times were modestly better. How did his form look? Seemed a bit odd with the high-stepping at the combine.

Alabama RB Mark Ingram ran forty times in the 4.47-4.53 range at the Crimson Tide Pro Day Wednesday.Ingram's Combine time was 4.62, "officially." NFL stopwatches are adjusted a tenth of a second or more for Pro Days, so his speed is probably in the same range. Ingram remains the only surefire first-round running back. For what it's worth, SI's Tony Pauline had Ingram in the 4.50-4.56 range Wednesday.
So it sounds like his times were modestly better. How did his form look? Seemed a bit odd with the high-stepping at the combine.
:shrug: Sorry, that was just a copy/paste from Rotoworld.

That form was supposedly something he was taught running high-school track (sprints). :shrug:He reportedly looked 'great'. Weighted in at 214.

there was an ugly looking high stepping at the end that previous poster brought up.He was the top ranked for this (I forget what they called it) 10 yard burst stat which was very important to the announcers.

I'm with Rotoworld here, Ingram isn't a likely pick for DET. Seems like they can get a 3rd - 4th Rd RB in this year's class that might be able to help and bring a different skill set than what Best has.

(Rotoworld) ESPN's Kevin Seifert thinks the Lions should consider Alabama RB Mark Ingram at No. 13.Analysis: A hard-nosed runner that's no stranger to eking out tough yards, Ingram would certainly be a nice complement to the more finesse Jahvid Best. However, taking another running back in round one would be foolish for a team that needs to upgrade its offensive line, and the Lions should be considered very unlikely to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread