What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marlon Brown - let's discuss (1 Viewer)

Man, you guys are dropping Britt (x5) for Marlon Brown? Seems like a quick trigger finger to me, not to mention Britt played vs one of the best defenses last week that held Locker to 125 yards.

And thats coming from someone who is high on Brown.

That said, I was pretty excited this morning to be able to snag Brown without even wasting my waiver priority (and excited that my decision to pick up Patton instead of him last week didnt backfire).

As stated, gotta think Haden shadows Smith (is there a closer WR to Wallace in the NFL? I dont think so), so big opportunity for Marlon. My 2nd flex looks like itll be either Brown, Roberts, Jeffery, or Stills. Right now Im leaning Roberts but I think its either him or Brown this week.

Grabbed him in my 14 team dynasty and couldn't be happier considering my WR core of Decker, Steve Smith, Moore, Edelman, and Givens isn't too strong. My question though, is it worth dropping Givens or Vincent Brown in a redraft for him? I'm tempted but may wait another week.

Grabbed him in my 14 team dynasty and couldn't be happier considering my WR core of Decker, Steve Smith, Moore, Edelman, and Givens isn't too strong. My question though, is it worth dropping Givens or Vincent Brown in a redraft for him? I'm tempted but may wait another week.
Dont drop Givens. Givens was matched up against Patrick Peterson this past sunday who is one of the top 5 cover guys in the league. Peterson was locked on Givens all games, so there will be brighter days ahead for him.

Dropped Vincent Brown and Markus Wheaton in my respective leagues for Marlon. Didn't lose my waiver spot either. So I'm happy.

Blackmon was top 10 in ppg in the second half last season. I like Brown, but that's going too far.

I have him on a bunch of dynasties and I'll be thrilled with a WR25-WR35 finish.

I'm trying to convince myself to start Marlon over Cecil Shorts, but I can't help but think the Diesel bounces back this week, given his volume of targets and improved QB play.

Marlon going mano vs. the Brownies CB2 is oh so tempting, but I'm also scared to count on a rookie WR so soon removed from an ACL.

Last edited by a moderator:
When you watch Marlon Brown on tape--what do you see that looks bad? I watched as many vides as I could find in the pre-season and from the Denver game and he just looks good. He seems to have opretty good speed too for a guy his size

got him as my flex

behind

julio

garcon

eldman

then him... hopefully hes able to produce for a full game..

he should have a good game against the slappy who is covering him cause im assuming haden will be on smith like a blanket.

maybe something like 6 for 85 and 1 td

When you watch Marlon Brown on tape--what do you see that looks bad? I watched as many vides as I could find in the pre-season and from the Denver game and he just looks good. He seems to have opretty good speed too for a guy his size
With Brown my question is whether he can contest for the ball in traffic. He had one back shoulder throw that he had to adjust for in the Denver game that he let get away (play gave me the impression that he's still trying to get used to the speed of the NFL).

I do think the Ravens have big plans for him however. He didn't start that game in Denver by accident.

Currently have M Brown buried on my bench under better options. But if he blows up on my bench, it's not a bad problem to have. Provides nice trade leverage going forward, whether I keep him and start him or trade away one of my studs.

I'm curious to see how Brown takes advantage of the + match-up today. Haden shadowed Wallace (5 targets) last week and opened up doors for Hartline (15 targets) and B.Gibson (10 targets). He could honestly have a monster game.

I have to sit him behind Calvin, DT, and AJ, but I expect big things from him this week. He should be a really solid WR3/Flex going forward and excellent bye week filler.

nabbed him and dropped bpowell in a 14 team dynasty as i am think at wr but only need to start 1 wr ....

starting jthomas as flex over brown, miller, mathews, nuke

He didn't start the game. He only went in after Torrey Smith got hurt.

With Brown my question is whether he can contest for the ball in traffic. He had one back shoulder throw that he had to adjust for in the Denver game that he let get away (play gave me the impression that he's still trying to get used to the speed of the NFL).

I do think the Ravens have big plans for him however. He didn't start that game in Denver by accident.

He didn't start the game. He only went in after Torrey Smith got hurt.

You are referring to Jacoby Jones who got hurt not Smith. Also he didn't start but was out on several plays as the #3 WR before Jones got hurt.

I'm trying to convince myself to start Marlon over Cecil Shorts, but I can't help but think the Diesel bounces back this week, given his volume of targets and improved QB play.

Marlon going mano vs. the Brownies CB2 is oh so tempting, but I'm also scared to count on a rookie WR so soon removed from an ACL.
Same situation. I am definitely benching Shorts this week. He's got no weapons around him, can be easily defensed. Jacksonville is a mess right now. I'll be glad to play Shorts once Blackmon comes back, but Marlon is a safer choice and more upside as far as TD potential.

Mistake to bench Shorts for him IMO. And this is coming from someone who's starting Brown over Roddy this week.

In over m austin. Kc in arrowhead plus kc d shut down for 50 something yards even though it was against gabbert. M austin seems safer but homey dont play that

Same situation. I am definitely benching Shorts this week. He's got no weapons around him, can be easily defensed. Jacksonville is a mess right now. I'll be glad to play Shorts once Blackmon comes back, but Marlon is a safer choice and more upside as far as TD potential.
Mistake to bench Shorts for him IMO. And this is coming from someone who's starting Brown over Roddy this week.
Agreed, crazy to bench Shorts this week. They're going against an equally awful team in Oakland. And Chad Henne is starting this week.

He had 32/523/4 in the 6 games they played together last season.

5.3 receptions, 87 yards and 0.66 TD per game average. I like Moore a lot this week but I think it's insane to sit Shorts for him.

I think I reached on Marlon this week. Starting Calvin, Cecil and Marlon over Miles Austin, Golden Tate and Vincent Brown.

Miles Austin is gonna make me pay, but I'm enamored with my new toy.

I'd like to hear from some people that watched as well. Stat line looked good. I started him over Chris Givens, Burleson and Doug Baldwin and I'm happy with the decision.

Smith -- 21 tar, 11 rec, 177 yds (8.4 yards/target, 0 TDs)

Brown -- 12 tar, 8 rec, 110 yds (9.2 yards/target, +2 TDs)

The effeciency here (8.4 vs. 9.2 per target) isn't as lopsided for Brown as I expected it would be. So it's not a slam dunk that Brown will see more targets. Smith is running deeper routes and presumably drawing better coverage too.

I think Brown continue to get better and better as he gets healthier. Remember he is only 8 months removed from an ACL.

I think Brown continue to get better and better as he gets healthier. Remember he is only 8 months removed from an ACL.
How is his route running? I'd think he ha to be quite green...couldn't find his Wonderlic results....

He gives them size and Torrey will draw a lot of attention, so he can be productive

What are people's thoughts on whether or not he will keep the #2 WR spot once Jacoby returns?

What are people's thoughts on whether or not he will keep the #2 WR spot once Jacoby returns?
Dynasty no worries. H'ell take it over in 2014 for sure. Unknown at this point but he's superior to Jones.. Route running looks fine. TD was a nice route.

Brown was almost invisible the entire first half, seemed like Baltimore really went out of their way to get Smith free and Flacco targeted him heavily. Smith owners should be encouraged about that.

There was a deep pass to Brown early where I thought he could've made a much better attempt on the ball considering his frame. I do like that Flacco came back to Brown after they weren't moving the ball effectively... and Brown came through. Hopefully that translates to more targets going forward.

Keep in mind it was a tight game with both defenses giving up very little. Flacco only had 211 yards passing. There will be times that the offense will have to open up more and Brown will get more targets. Right now it is tough to say what type of consistency Brown will have going forward as he is the number 2 target in an average offense.

I'm tempted to start this guy over lamar miller and decker in PPR this week. Browns have a really good defense and he still was decent for a flex. I think ravens will be playing from behind again.

Starting him as my flex this week over Lance Moore. So by all means, rush out and pick up Moore, who is now guaranteed to go off for 6/125/2.

Benching Marlon for Golden Tate this week. Pure hunch. Texans D are get-able on the ground and I think both teams will feature the running game.

Users who are viewing this thread