What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Married with Children (1 Viewer)

shake zula

Footballguy
Recently started DVRing it...for old times sake.

Still insanely funny.

Ed O'neill = :moneybag:

Christina Applegate = :wub:

Any other shows that stand the test of time?

Timeless classic.

Al: "A fat woman walked into the shoe store today. She asked to for something comfortable. I told her to try Wyoming."

Last edited by a moderator:
The original premise of the show was great -- the older jaded couple corrupting the happy newlyweds. Once Steve left the quality of the show dropped significantly and it became the suck.

The original premise of the show was great -- the older jaded couple corrupting the happy newlyweds. Once Steve left the quality of the show dropped significantly and it became the suck.
when you have to kill off the dog to make an episode, you know it's time to quit.

One of my favourite lines was from the crappy trip to London episode, where Kelly snuck out of the limo, and Al was talking to "Kelly" and as he finishes whatever he's telling her, he puts his arm around her and says, "Right Pumpkin? ...

...and it's a stick with a pumpkin for a head...

...and he never notices.

Agreed.And that little blond kid (Seven) Cousin Olivered the show.

Was there ever a sitcom more hard edge than this?
Some of the earlier seasons of "All in the Family" some of the things Archie Bunker would say are crazy. Races, religions, everything.Buy some of the seasons on DVD and enjoy. Except there is no Kelly Bundy unless you count Sally Struthers. I guess she wasn't bad before she ate all the food from those starving kids in Africa.This show was before my time but I caught some re-runs on tvland.

Five words for you:It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.Originally I had posted a bit of dialogue here from the September 17, 2009 episode, but I took it down immediately after posting to avoid a banning.
I am going to check it out.
I'd be happy to recommend some episodes on hulu or something. The TV.Com ratings are also pretty much spot-on. It can be hit or miss, but far more hits than misses. This season has been outstanding in my opinion except for one episode (the recession one).

Some of the earlier seasons of "All in the Family" some of the things Archie Bunker would say are crazy. Races, religions, everything.Buy some of the seasons on DVD and enjoy. Except there is no Kelly Bundy unless you count Sally Struthers. I guess she wasn't bad before she ate all the food from those starving kids in Africa.This show was before my time but I caught some re-runs on tvland.
First show I thought of when he said hard edge.The stuff that Archie said would never fly now.

Talk about a tv show that could not be made today and "All in the Family" is #1 on that list. That show, while funny, is a classic because that pushed buttons, however, maybe in the time it was made it did not push the buttons that it would today. Others would include The Jeffersons and Sanford & Sons.

Talk about a tv show that could not be made today and "All in the Family" is #1 on that list. That show, while funny, is a classic because that pushed buttons, however, maybe in the time it was made it did not push the buttons that it would today. Others would include The Jeffersons and Sanford & Sons.
It certainly pushed buttons in its time but the reception was different than it would be today. Enlightened people got the show's joke -- making fun of the establishment and its traditional values. The lack of what today would be called political correctness was part of its effectiveness.I used to watch that show with my father, a member of the "greatest generation." He and I would laugh at Archie's lines for exactly opposite reasons.

Meh, was never a fan. Seemed like every episode was the beating the same dead horse: Al's a loser, Peggy's lazy, Kelly is a slut, Bud is a socially inept geek. Lather, rinse, repeat.

This one exchange still puts a smile on my face today...

Peg: "Hi Al, did you miss me"

Al: "With every bullet"

Meh, was never a fan. Seemed like every episode was the beating the same dead horse: Al's a loser, Peggy's lazy, Kelly is a slut, Bud is a socially inept geek. Lather, rinse, repeat.
:thumbup: First season was funny but not gut-busting. After that it was the same jokes repeated over and over. (See: 'Three's Company')

It certainly pushed buttons in its time but the reception was different than it would be today. Enlightened people got the show's joke -- making fun of the establishment and its traditional values. The lack of what today would be called political correctness was part of its effectiveness.I used to watch that show with my father, a member of the "greatest generation." He and I would laugh at Archie's lines for exactly opposite reasons.
So you were meathead?

I'm up late, so I often watch the 2 a.m. reruns at TBS. They've been showing the first season lately. It seems like Kelly got dumber as she got older.

Can't really compare Married with Family Guy or South Park or Sunny, you're talking about a sitcom that premiered 10-20 years before those shows. Shock humor is a staple of tv these days, back then it was a rarity. Married was so outrageous for its time concerned mothers tried to boycot it off the air.

I have the first seven seasons and can say that without a doubt, Christina Applegate looks smoking hot in each and every episode.

Users who are viewing this thread