What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Contest of Champions - Time Killer (1 Viewer)

We are finally a t4c alliance, no grinding, no magic talk.

But I used to wreck with my black speed deck back in the day, Dark Ritual was so OP. 

To be fair the first quit wasn't a rage quit, it was more of a ghost quit.

I'll grant you my quitting the alliance was a rage quit, but the actual 2nd game quit a few days later was another ghost quit. Grinding like a monkey and winning T4CC is not worth being in an alliance LINE chat where for 2 days straight adult males are discussing who has the better Magic the Gathering deck.
Ouch....alliance better maybe?

I resent that
Sky Rattlers is the most Canadian Canadian I've ever encountered.  :wub:   5 out of 5 stars.

ETA: Sky has turned into a total grind monkey Kabam all star lately.  He's under contract with an alliance, and has a pretty solid trade value.  A steal if you can get him for some future mid round picks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another option would've been not quitting FBGs  :deadhorse:
Fair point. Honestly, I needed to stop. I can't play that game without it taking over too much of my life. I'd love to be like Dickies and just able to sign in and do AQ/AW, but I couldn't stop myself from grinding every day and trying to maximize every event. When it gets to the point you're ducking out of your son's hockey game to get in a fight before the buzzer, your kids asking you to put your phone down when you're watching a movie together, and losing your mind over people in your alliance not grinding as hard as you, I needed to hard delete again.

Not playing that game has been much better for my overall life, but I do really miss being on LINE with all of you guys. Glad you're all over the wall, say hi to everyone for me.

Fair point. Honestly, I needed to stop. I can't play that game without it taking over too much of my life. I'd love to be like Dickies and just able to sign in and do AQ/AW, but I couldn't stop myself from grinding every day and trying to maximize every event. When it gets to the point you're ducking out of your son's hockey game to get in a fight before the buzzer, your kids asking you to put your phone down when you're watching a movie together, and losing your mind over people in your alliance not grinding as hard as you, I needed to hard delete again.

Not playing that game has been much better for my overall life, but I do really miss being on LINE with all of you guys. Glad you're all over the wall, say hi to everyone for me.
Fair points all around. You kinda got out at the right time because they ran a lot of solo event stuff around the DS movie for these other type of shards, took a lot of grinding to get them. 

Fair points all around. You kinda got out at the right time because they ran a lot of solo event stuff around the DS movie for these other type of shards, took a lot of grinding to get them. 
Guitarmonkiy is an alliance leader with spelling issues.  He is a an opportunistic fighter, and he'll get salty if you kill the boss before he gets there.  He isn't Canadian but loves poutine, just not as much as he loves big hooters.  :wub: 4 out of 5 stars (downgraded 1 star for not having a Thor)

Guitarmonkiy is an alliance leader with spelling issues.  He is a an opportunistic fighter, and he'll get salty if you kill the boss before he gets there.  He isn't Canadian but loves poutine, just not as much as he loves big hooters.  :wub: 4 out of 5 stars (downgraded 1 star for not having a Thor)
:lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:

Downgrade another half point for Jane

...someone in your alliance to occasionally check in and help out in AQ and AW...
You basically just described me. In October I skipped the GhostRider stuff completely. (And ended up being glad I did because those November rifts were a grind like none other.)

Who is good for my second 4/40 to join duped Thor.

duped Juggs

non duped Widow, original Spidey, Civil Warrior, Moon Knight

All decent choices but Widow (when awakened) is in the top tier with Scarlet Witch etc.

Juggs is a great AW defender if you can get a few points into the mystic dispersion mastery. 

Scarlet Witch is the holy grail. Best champ in the game.

Yea, your event numbers were insane.  I do the bare minimum to get by, but have been fairly lucky to pull good champs and t4c to rank them up.  I spend more time on Line than I do in game.  Grinding easy quests and arena is a chore and is boring for me.  I like the challenge events the most (Coulson, Ming, Chloe, RoL, RtL, etc).  Once I finish saving for my remaining masteries I am probably just going to save units to attempt an LoL run.

Anyone in this thread tried Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes?
I just started playing after my kids downloaded it.  Not bad so far, but just now opened the Darkside Quests - but only have 2 characters, so not enough to explore it.

Kids also downloaded the DC Heroes game.  That's a pretty much a knock off of the Marvels CoC game.  The PVP is pretty weak, and not a fan of how you have to "earn" cards/sharts of characters to add them to your team.  Unless you're spending $$ on all of the packs, it's pretty random and pointless.

Damn man, sorry to hear that. I hope things pick up for you soon, I'm sure they will. 
They need to, that's for damn sure.

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled "MJ-Doesn't-Have-a-4*-Thor-Funny-Hah-Hah" program.  I actually miss playing this, just a touch, then I remember the impossible grind to attempt to get t4 class cats and it fades pretty quickly. :)  

To be fair the first quit wasn't a rage quit, it was more of a ghost quit.

I'll grant you my quitting the alliance was a rage quit, but the actual 2nd game quit a few days later was another ghost quit. Grinding like a monkey and winning T4CC is not worth being in an alliance LINE chat where for 2 days straight adult males are discussing who has the better Magic the Gathering deck.
You rage quite FFB too?  I think you owe some energy refills :D

I imagine it's still a pretty big time sink.  Good for y'all though.  I just can't invest in it like I did. 
It was like crawling up Mt. Kilamanjaro. And there was a checkpoint every 10 miles where a sherpa checks you out, kicks you in the balls, and sends you on your way. 

Sorry Harry, you're group is just too inactive and the AQ groups stall out right away. I'm looking to check in a couple days and smash through a few sections and not sure that is going to fit in.

Sorry Harry, you're group is just too inactive and the AQ groups stall out right away. I'm looking to check in a couple days and smash through a few sections and not sure that is going to fit in.
lol, maybe inactive is what you need from what you described earlier

So, I fired this back up today.  :bag:

Anything changed with the meta over the past 4 or 5 months?  Champs that got nerfed, etc?  Not sure I'll be doing much more than arena to blow off steam, but figured I'd ask anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anything changed with the meta over the past 4 or 5 months?  Champs that got nerfed, etc?  Not sure I'll be doing much more than arena to blow off steam, but figured I'd ask anyway.
No changes to champs in that time frame as far as I recall.  The biggest thing is that every new champ has more prestige than the last, so the struggle to raise prestige high enough where we can get class cats will continue forever.

Basically the same. They nerfed willpower, which I think happened after you left, which made a lot more champs usable. Other than that just a lot of new champs and more "variety" in the event quests. New one starting tomorrow 

No changes to champs in that time frame as far as I recall.  The biggest thing is that every new champ has more prestige than the last, so the struggle to raise prestige high enough where we can get class cats will continue forever.
Aaaand that pretty much guarantees I'll just be using this as a stress reliever for a bit and nothing more.  Thanks.

Basically the same. They nerfed willpower, which I think happened after you left, which made a lot more champs usable. Other than that just a lot of new champs and more "variety" in the event quests. New one starting tomorrow 
The WP nerf was right before I bowed out, IIRC, but I'm seeing seemingly new Masteries that I don't recall from before(but that could be because I was ignoring them at the time, waiting to accrue credits to change stuff up).

Yeah there's a couple new good ones. Obviously not worth the investment unless you were resuming full time. 
I have about 1300 credits rotting from before, actually.  Still likely not worth changing up much if I'm just going to do arenas off and on.

Hell, realized I've never even bothered using the 4* awakening dealie I got for completing the story stuff. :)

I have about 1300 credits rotting from before, actually.  Still likely not worth changing up much if I'm just going to do arenas off and on.

Hell, realized I've never even bothered using the 4* awakening dealie I got for completing the story stuff. :)
You can gift me stuff. Thanks!

Any of you guys had luck getting refunds? I've read a few things online and some appear to have gotten lifetime spends back from Apple, but I don't know how much of that is photo-shopped or bs. I don't have any purchases in the last 90 days but wouldn't mind getting my $150 bucks or so back from previous purchases last year.

If you have ANY info indicating lifetime spends were refunded, please share it.   Most I've heard is a dude got the $800 he spent in the past 3 months back after a 2 hour phone call with Apple.

If you have ANY info indicating lifetime spends were refunded, please share it.   Most I've heard is a dude got the $800 he spent in the past 3 months back after a 2 hour phone call with Apple.
Just some apparent chat screenshots with apple, but they could easily be faked. I'll send you the one someone posted of a $1,456 refund. Someone else in the alliance I'm currently in saw a similar post in some LINE chat group with a $5k refund. But again, these are far from concrete evidence.

Multiple people in my alliance have gotten their 3 month refund back. Everyone who has tried through the online process has failed, but by calling Apple directly (sometimes trying a few times until they got a "friendly" rep) they've been having luck.

On a related note, there is apparently a LINE group for selling accounts, a guy in my alliance with a rank 4 agent venom is up to a 4 figure offer for his account. Got to think that is an easy way to get burned by either side of the transaction but the entire "underground" LINE groups are pretty interesting.

Portis Homer said:
On a related note, there is apparently a LINE group for selling accounts, a guy in my alliance with a rank 4 agent venom is up to a 4 figure offer for his account. Got to think that is an easy way to get burned by either side of the transaction but the entire "underground" LINE groups are pretty interesting.
Mj seems to frequent the chats that are filled with chicks with d!icks.

Users who are viewing this thread