What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mayweather v Pacquiao Spinoff-Are you ordering the fight? (1 Viewer)

Are you paying to watch the fight?

• Yes - Paying for the whole thing myself

Votes: 16 9.8%
  • Yes - Spliting the cost with others

Votes: 25 15.2%
  • No - Not because i dont want to, but have other plans that night

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • No - Who cares about boxing

Votes: 77 47.0%
  • No - But would have 5 years ago

Votes: 30 18.3%
  • No - I live in Mexico and getting it free

Votes: 7 4.3%

• Total voters
Saw that. My wife is already busting my ### for us not just going out to Vegas and seeing if we could get tickets. We have a good friend who lives out there, so accommodations wouldn't have been a problem (even though hotel rooms have plummeted anyway).

Of course she's also wondering if she can stay out until 1:00 am or so to watch the fight. I'm afraid we'll end-up dropping a C-note to watch it at the house with just the 2 of us because she bails on going out at about 7:00.

Hey all I was wondering let's say the fight goes the full twelve rounds is there a rough eta on how long it would last? Driving an hour away to relatives and I know the fight will probably start at 11:30 so was just curious what time I'll be driving back.

Hey all I was wondering let's say the fight goes the full twelve rounds is there a rough eta on how long it would last? Driving an hour away to relatives and I know the fight will probably start at 11:30 so was just curious what time I'll be driving back.
3:00 per round, with 1:00 between rounds. 12 rounds is ~46:00 with the decision announced within 10:00 after the end of the fight. That assumes no issues mid-fight (equipment problems, fighter hit in the nuts and given time to recover, etc.).

One thing about boxing, despite all of the absurdity pre- and post-fight is that the fight itself is generally pretty structured.

3:00 per round, with 1:00 between rounds. 12 rounds is ~46:00 with the decision announced within 10:00 after the end of the fight. That assumes no issues mid-fight (equipment problems, fighter hit in the nuts and given time to recover, etc.).One thing about boxing, despite all of the absurdity pre- and post-fight is that the fight itself is generally pretty structured.
Many thanks.

3:00 per round, with 1:00 between rounds. 12 rounds is ~46:00 with the decision announced within 10:00 after the end of the fight. That assumes no issues mid-fight (equipment problems, fighter hit in the nuts and given time to recover, etc.).One thing about boxing, despite all of the absurdity pre- and post-fight is that the fight itself is generally pretty structured.
Many Manny thanks.

I'm spending the $90. If its a snoozer it will because of Maywheather.

Also have $200 to bet on the Derby. Great day ahead.

irishidiot said:
I'm spending the $90. If its a snoozer it will because of Maywheather.

Also have $200 to bet on the Derby. Great day ahead.
Hopefully Pacquiao's mother is in attendance to provide us with some comic relief.

My hope is that if I get to Hooters around 7 or 7:30 that it will be before they start checking people at the front door. :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife says says to me this morning - so isn't that big boxing fight tonight? We are getting it, right?

I told it was $100 and she shrugged and said, "well, I want to see it."

We usually buy the mma cards but never boxing. This is weird and cool all at the same time.

My wife says says to me this morning - so isn't that big boxing fight tonight? We are getting it, right?

We usually buy the mma cards but never boxing. This is weird and cool all at the same time.
a HUGE side note not to be over looked .....Manny Pacquiao has a chance to become the only man in boxing history to become lineal champion in five different weight classes should he best Floyd Mayweather

Cool wife right there.

If anyone is going to stream online, I'd love a link. Haven't watched a ppv in a long time and don't remember any of the sites. Thanks

So embarrassing that they have are shown the fighters driving to the MGM Grand on ESPN now? I mean talk about desperate to fill time

http://www.badlefthook.com/2015/5/2/8537753/mayweather-vs-pacquiao-roach-says-mayweathers-gloves-smaller-expects

Freddie Roach believes that Floyd Mayweather is gunning for an early knockout tonight against Manny Pacquiao, as the undefeated welterweight champion is apparently using gloves with less padding than normal -- a "dead giveaway," as Roach put it.

"The Grants are the smallest gloves I've ever seen. I can't believe he picked them. He usually has a lot of padding. But he's going to try to knock us out in the first round."
You can probably expect more talk about the gloves and taping of the hands for both fighters all the way up until they're actually walking out to the ring.Roach also apparently irked Team Mayweather by trying on Floyd's gloves, and says he'll do the same just prior to the fight tonight. Mayweather's team has also played some gloves-related mind games, challenging the Reyes gloves that Manny Pacquiao will use. His protest was denied, as the commission had already approved the gloves, and did so once again.

Not a NASCAR fan but will watch the Daytona 500.

Not a soccer fan but will watch the World Cup USA and finals.

Not and NBA fan but will watch the finals.

Not a horse racing fan but I watched the Kentucky Derby today and will watch the other tripple crown races.

Etc.

Not a boxing fan, but I'm going to try to watch this.

This has the same kind of feel. :shrug:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread