What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

McFadden vs. Stewart (1 Viewer)

It was a good call. I don't have any problem with you patting yourself on the back. You weren't the only one right about this. ;) Why not just bump the other thread though?
Thanks. To be honest, I knew that others on here would say that they said the same thing. Kind of set them up. ;) Next time I'll just bump it.

Yeah, I don't think you need to be a rocket scientist to think that Darrin McFadden is better than James Stewart was.

'Maroney=Speed said:
Back to Topic: It takes about 3 years before we know for sure how a Rookie class will work out.

McFadden was always #1, to me in this class.
You've really been harboring this for a long time. 4 years? Wow.
Math must not be your strong point, 3 years. I must say you have been dead on with all your rankings since you nor anyone else looks back, correct? ;)
Over the last three years, Stewart has averaged more FF points, more rushing yards, more TDs and has a better ypc.

'Maroney=Speed said:
Back to Topic: It takes about 3 years before we know for sure how a Rookie class will work out.

Math must not be your strong point, 3 years. I must say you have been dead on with all your rankings since you nor anyone else looks back, correct? ;)
Over the last three years, Stewart has averaged more FF points, more rushing yards, more TDs and has a better ypc.
See post above your's.

'Maroney=Speed said:

See post above your's.
Why not just respond?

I don't get it. Why did you even remember this? That thread wasn't even a big argument. You had a couple of four line posts that didn't really make any point other than "I like him better" in a thread where most people felt the same way and this is the big memorable call that you decide to bump four years later?

There have been some epic, monumental threads on these boards where someone wrote dissertations that could practically pose as full novels on why they thought a guy would or would not be a bust and then argued it with hundreds of people who all disagreed with them, and even those people didn't feel the need to bump that stuff years later when they were right. But you throw down a couple of quick one liners on the same side as popular opinion and that's bumpable to you? Are you really right about so few things that you remember a minor scuffle like this?

If everyone here had your standards for bumps then we'd have to wade through 600 of these posts every day.

I don't get it. Why did you even remember this? That thread wasn't even a big argument. You had a couple of four line posts that didn't really make any point other than "I like him better" in a thread where most people felt the same way and this is the big memorable call that you decide to bump four years later?There have been some epic, monumental threads on these boards where someone wrote dissertations that could practically pose as full novels on why they thought a guy would or would not be a bust and then argued it with hundreds of people who all disagreed with them, and even those people didn't feel the need to bump that stuff years later when they were right. But you throw down a couple of quick one liners on the same side as popular opinion and that's bumpable to you? Are you really right about so few things that you remember a minor scuffle like this?If everyone here had your standards for bumps then we'd have to wade through 600 of these posts every day.
IIRC this was just one of many threads like this from that time. I'm not sure how many Maroney participated in but it would probably take a while to find every one of the past "epic" McFadden debate threads. I'm sure EBF wouldn't want them brought back from the grave though...

I don't get it. Why did you even remember this? That thread wasn't even a big argument. You had a couple of four line posts that didn't really make any point other than "I like him better" in a thread where most people felt the same way and this is the big memorable call that you decide to bump four years later?There have been some epic, monumental threads on these boards where someone wrote dissertations that could practically pose as full novels on why they thought a guy would or would not be a bust and then argued it with hundreds of people who all disagreed with them, and even those people didn't feel the need to bump that stuff years later when they were right. But you throw down a couple of quick one liners on the same side as popular opinion and that's bumpable to you? Are you really right about so few things that you remember a minor scuffle like this?If everyone here had your standards for bumps then we'd have to wade through 600 of these posts every day.
IIRC this was just one of many threads like this from that time. I'm not sure how many Maroney participated in but it would probably take a while to find every one of the past "epic" McFadden debate threads. I'm sure EBF wouldn't want them brought back from the grave though...
:lmao:

'Maroney=Speed said:
Back to Topic: It takes about 3 years before we know for sure how a Rookie class will work out.McFadden was always #1, to me in this class.
When he completes a full season and notches a top 3 fantasy performance for the year, then I may agree. But his first two years were horrible and he has not been able to stay healthy. In the long run, that is essential. Stewart has also battled injuries but on top of that has had to work for PT in a situation with greater competition--McFadden has pretty much been handed the starting opportunity from the get go. Botton line: if you are a McFadden owner you are happy today. But the race isn't over. If I were an owner of a team I would rather have Stewart. Both are highly talented but I like power with speed, more than speed by itself.
+1 with this response. To draw a conclusion now on DMAC vs. Stewart is premature. DMAC looking good right now, but Stewart's on the upswing too. If (when) Deangelo is out of the picture, then we'll know.

'Maroney=Speed said:
Back to Topic: It takes about 3 years before we know for sure how a Rookie class will work out.McFadden was always #1, to me in this class.
When he completes a full season and notches a top 3 fantasy performance for the year, then I may agree. But his first two years were horrible and he has not been able to stay healthy. In the long run, that is essential. Stewart has also battled injuries but on top of that has had to work for PT in a situation with greater competition--McFadden has pretty much been handed the starting opportunity from the get go. Botton line: if you are a McFadden owner you are happy today. But the race isn't over. If I were an owner of a team I would rather have Stewart. Both are highly talented but I like power with speed, more than speed by itself.
+1 with this response. To draw a conclusion now on DMAC vs. Stewart is premature. DMAC looking good right now, but Stewart's on the upswing too. If (when) Deangelo is out of the picture, then we'll know.
Fair enough. I'll bump this in three more years from now. :thumbup: To me it was clear three years ago, nothing really is any different now.

Users who are viewing this thread