What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

McNabb (1 Viewer)

icehouse

Footballguy
McNabb is killing my league now (22, 25, 19 points...and 33 so far this week) and his owner is undefeated. How long can he keep up this pace? His schedule so far was against some sissy defenses (Texans, 49ers, Packers).

I dont think he can continue at quite this insane pace, but if healthy he will be remain the #1 QB all year. Brown, Westbrook, and Stallworth are all hurting so that might also hinder his numbers, but Donovan has always proved he can produce with a cast of shadows.

McNabb is killing my league now (22, 25, 19 points...and 33 so far this week) and his owner is undefeated. How long can he keep up this pace? His schedule so far was against some sissy defenses (Texans, 49ers, Packers).
Hes always been a top fantasy QB. Why wouldnt he be able to keep it up? Maybe not 30 pts a game but top 3 is most likely.

I have him in a couple leagues and no doubt he has been killing it eveey week to the point I have not made too many line up screw ups because he covers those up.

However with Stallworth and Reggie Brown and Westbrook out....he can't do it alone...he just can't.

I dont care if he's #1, but these 60 point ridiculous weeks are a pain in the butt. Swear its like defenses stop playing as soon as he walks on the field.

Let's hope for about 12 more games! :boxing:

Seriously though, with the way his line protects for him and his scrambling ability this will easily be a career year for him. Next week will really tell a lot about the season for him though.

As of now, he (and Westbrook, Holt, and Colston) is the main reason I'm torching my league. :D

I dont care if he's #1, but these 60 point ridiculous weeks are a pain in the butt. Swear its like defenses stop playing as soon as he walks on the field.
In what type of league is ANY player scoring 60pts??
Weeks are typically 120-180QB pt per carryDistance ScoringQB rushing TDs - bonus25yd pass/pt10yd rush/pt59 pts right now

Last edited:
Weeks are typically 120-180QB pt per carryDistance ScoringQB rushing TDs - bonus25yd pass/pt10yd rush/pt59 pts right now
Was Vick a 1st rounder?Why value the running QB's so high? Especially when you'd get points for kneel downs.

Was Vick a 1st rounder?Why value the running QB's so high? Especially when you'd get points for kneel downs.
Actually its set up that way to avoid the RB RB RB RB RB RB nightmare of fantasy football. Top 10 is pretty well dispersed. I took Vick for the rushing alone.

Actually its set up that way to avoid the RB RB RB RB RB RB nightmare of fantasy football. Top 10 is pretty well dispersed. I took Vick for the rushing alone.
K, back on topic...No, he won't keep scoring 60. Did he score 60 any of the other weeks? It's not like he's running a lot. There's gotta be something in your scoring specifically that I'm not seeing. Are there points for attempts or something?He's got 21/21/16/29 in my league.

McNabb always seems to feast on terrible defenses and tends to struggle against good ones. I'd guess that he comes back down to earth after this week. Can't play Houston, San Fran, and Green Bay every time.

Top 5 fantasy QB, but I'd be really surprised if he finished as QB1, even after this hot start.

50, 51, 27, 59

Its the long "why cover receivers when Donny Mac is throwing" TDs and Rushing TDs

TDs tonight scored something like 9, 10, 9, 10

9 for Rush TD 0-9 yd

10 for Pass TD 40-49

9 for Pass TD 30-39

10 for Rush TD 10-19

That being said, a lot of player score a lot of points, he's just started the last few seasons freakish.

I sure am glad everyone turned down my offers when I was trying to unload McNabb because I thought Brett Favre would suffice!

Favre plus what I wanted to get (Holt, Harrison, etc) would have gotten me the loss.

McNabb is here to stay

And man, those rushing TDs sure were nice to see. Havent seen him do that in quite some time.

Users who are viewing this thread