What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Members March Mock - Match (1 Viewer)

Not really - Ian rapopart says Cleveland will release oz and rg3.

Of course it does allow them to trade the 1.25 for jimmy G (or sign romo)
I am just a bit stunned by the deal. Not sure if I have seen teams pay 2nd round draft picks to take their player too before.

Bengals 3.09- Chris Godwin, WR Penn State

Was hoping Dion Dawkins made it to the 3rd. With the OL losses, it would be nice to get a top prospect at the position, but the class is so mediocre. Speed at WR is still a need and Godwin has a great chance of developing into the starting outside receiver opposite of AJ Green with LaFell on a short deal and in his 30s. Lets Boyd concentrate on the slot and gives some injury insurance for Green (who has missed quite a few games over the past few years). 

1.09 Derek Barnett, DE Tennessee

2.09 Raekwon McMillan, LB Ohio State

3.09 Chris Godwin, WR Penn State

Last edited by a moderator:
3.10 The Philadelphia Eagles select Pat Elflein, OL, OSU

With Kelce on thin ice, this is the value play. Let Elflein compete with Warmack at OG and have him ready to step in for Kelce at C next year. Gives us a nice young core with Lane Johnson, Seumalo, Vaitai, and Elflein. Love this NFL.com write up:

SOURCES TELL US

"You are getting a guy who will be great for your locker room and will get the rest of the offensive line on board. I think he could have the same fast impact on a team's running game that Zach Martin had in Dallas. Safe draft pick to me." -- NFC West scout

NFL COMPARISON

Travis Frederick

BOTTOM LINE

Elflein is a smart, tireless worker with a winning background and experience at all three interior offensive line spots. While his feet are just average, his core strength and wrestling background could make him a favorite of teams looking for more strength at the center position. Elflein will have occasional issues in pass protection, but his strength as a run blocker and ability to play with excellent hands and plus body control should make him one of the first interior linemen to come off the draft board.

1.14 OJ Howard, TE, Bama

2.10 Tre'Davious White, CB, LSU

3.10 Pat Elflein, OL, OSU

3.11 The Buffalo Bills select Cooper Kupp, WR, Eastern Washington

I had my sights set on Godwin but he was sniped just before us. Kupp is certainly a nice alternative, he will be a great #2 as long as Watkins can stay on the field. I like him as a more complete, ready to play WR than some of the other options available.

1.10 Sidney Jones, CB, UW

2.11 Budda Baker, S, UW

3.11 Cooper Kupp, WR, EWU

3.13 Cardinals 

Jaleel Johnson - DT - Iowa 

To replace Frostee Rucker

With pick 3.78 the Baltimore Ravens select......

Carlos Watkins, NT Clemson

The big man will anchor the defensive front against the run very early in his career. He progressively got better over his college career and really stepped up against top talent culminating in impressive performances against Alabama in the national championship game and in the senior bowl against top talent in both cases. Unlike so many college NT's Watkins can actually get up field and push the pocket, recording 10.5 sacks last season. The last pick felt like a risky pick but this is a solid fit with very little downside. Fills a big, gaping hole in the BAL defense.... likely for years to come. I think he would have gotten drafted earlier if there wouldn't have been such a glut of very good DT's in last years draft. Watkins may have gotten lost in the shuffle on a star studded Clemson team but he was a big part of their dominance last season.

1. Mike Williams, WR Clemson

2. Adoree Jackson, CB USC

3. Carlos Watkins, NT Clemson

I have Redskins pick

Why did someone sort the sheet and how do you change it back? 
Sorry, my fault.

Was just seeing who was taken at certain positions.... I didn't realize I was changing it for everyone. I don't collaborate on google docs much.

With pick 3.78 the Baltimore Ravens select......

Carlos Watkins, NT Clemson

The big man will anchor the defensive front against the run very early in his career. He progressively got better over his college career and really stepped up against top talent culminating in impressive performances against Alabama in the national championship game and in the senior bowl against top talent in both cases. Unlike so many college NT's Watkins can actually get up field and push the pocket, recording 10.5 sacks last season. The last pick felt like a risky pick but this is a solid fit with very little downside. Fills a big, gaping hole in the BAL defense.... likely for years to come. I think he would have gotten drafted earlier if there wouldn't have been such a glut of very good DT's in last years draft. Watkins may have gotten lost in the shuffle on a star studded Clemson team but he was a big part of their dominance last season.

1. Mike Williams, WR Clemson

2. Adoree Jackson, CB USC

3. Carlos Watkins, NT Clemson
Brandon Williams just signed a 5 year 54mil extension. Would this change your pick here?

With pick 3.15 the Vikings select DE/DT DeMarcus Walker Florida State.

He has the size to play under tackle and defensive end. 16 sacks as a senior.

3.81 Denver - Chris Wormley, DT/DE Michigan

After losing Malik Jackson and flirting with Calais Campbell it's obvious the Broncos need some talent at this spot.

11 compensatory picks in the 3rd round this year compared to 4 last year. 

More good players hitting free agency or more liberal rating system this year?

Brandon Williams just signed a 5 year 54mil extension. Would this change your pick here?
I decided on the player before the announcement was made and the pick ended up happening at the same I found out. It certainly isn't as big a necessity as when I thought the pick was being made, but I still like the player very much and as we all now NFL contracts have a way of being shorter than they are when announced. It had been my understanding he was out the door.

I may have leaned slightly toward OLB/EDGE player although I think Watkins is a better prospect relative to his position than the players that were available on the outside. In the end maybe taking BPA(in my estimation anyway) makes the most sense.

Redskins

Jeremy McNichols, RB Boise st 

@Andy Dufresne
This pick may feel like a reach to some and there are a few other RB's may be rated just as high or even slightly higher but I feel like McNichols is the best fit for what the Redskins need imo. I like what they have in their RBBC in that they have a bruiser between the tackles in Kelly that isn't quite good enough to start, and they have a 3rd down back in Thompson that has the potential to be great in the passing game and the quickness for draws in obvious passing situations but is just too small to take much punishment beyond that. What they need is that "Goldilocks" runner that can do some of both of those things as a starter and doesn't telegraph to the defense why they are on the field. McNichols is very good in that he has a demonstrated ability in the passing game while still showing he can be a tough runner and score TD's on the ground. Some think he's a little small for the NFL but I think he fits WAS well because he can be in on any down and distance but is really just the lead back in a well balanced RBBC which really insulates the Redskins in case of injuries at the position. 

3.81 Denver - Chris Wormley, DT/DE Michigan

After losing Malik Jackson and flirting with Calais Campbell it's obvious the Broncos need some talent at this spot.
:thumbup: I was just looking at him for the Titans. 

3.83 Titans select Akhello witherspoon, corner Colorado

Logan Ryan was just signed but the secondary needs more help.  We'll have to teach ahkello to tackle better but he fits the scheme better than two other corners we considered here.  

DraftSeason: You have the best of both worlds, size and speed, but what part of your game do you feel still needs some polishing?
Ahkello Witherspoon: The part of my game that I feel still needs some polishing is my tackling. I feel improvement here will help me be a more a complete player.

DraftSeason: What do you feel sets you apart from some of the other top defensive backs in this years draft class?
Ahkello Witherspoon: What sets me apart is my combination of speed and size. I believe it is extremely unique. Not only am I long, but I believe I possess the foot skills and body control to match receiver’s routes. My foot skills along with my length allow me to make plays on the ball.

DraftSeason: What are you most looking forward to showcasing at the upcoming NFL Combine?
Ahkello Witherspoon: I’m looking forward to showcasing my overall athleticism. This includes speed, jumping ability, my footwork, and ball skills.

DraftSeason: Best offensive player you have had the chance to face?
Ahkello Witherspoon: Luke Faulk, Washington State. He throws the ball with great touch and accuracy.

DraftSeason: Greatest achievment on the field during your career?
Ahkello Witherspoon: Winning the PAC-12 South Championship last year.

DraftSeason: Colorado will be represented will in this years NFL Draft, who do you see as the next up and comer we should keep our eyes on at Colorado in the coming years?
Ahkello Witherspoon: Isaiah Oliver, Cornerback. He’s a great guy as well.

DraftSeason: What can we find you doing on your off day?
Ahkello Witherspoon: You can find me watching Netflix, playing the PS4, or at the beach. I love being at the ocean.

DraftSeason: Using 1 word, how would you sum up your style of play?
Ahkello Witherspoon: Technical

Round 3 

Detroit Lions

TE Adam Shaheen, Ashland 

Big positional need since Ebron might be gone after this year and there's nothing else at TE on the roster. Shaheen might be a bit of a project but his ceiling is special. There aren't many TEs in the history of the league with his size and athleticism. 

You might want to double check that pick. I think that Cleveland chose Marcus Williams at pick 3.01.
I will only take partial responsibility for that one. That scoundrel @Biabreakable set me up by giving be a guy that had gone way before he gave me his list. 

Good catch though. And thanks for the PM. Probably would've missed it otherwise. 

There's other good safeties if you want to pick one as a replacement.

I know nobody's asking but as a Vikings fan here's my suggestions for this pick...

Marcus Maye

Justin Evans

Wayne Gallman

With the 89th pick the NY Giants select:

Danny Isidora OG- Miami

Started 39 consecutive games to finish his career. 

Athletic guard with good size and above average hands and lateral movement. Needs to gain some strength to hold down blocks and work on his footwork a bit. Has enough talent to be NFL starter.

1.23 David Njoku 

2.23 D'onta Freeman

3.23 Danny Isidora 

Users who are viewing this thread