What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Members March Mock - Match (1 Viewer)

With the 4th pick in the 2nd round, 35th overall, the Chicago Bears select SS Obi Melifonwu from UCONN.

The Bears get their future QB in the first round which was their top priority.  Their second priority is the secondary and Obi is a fantastic player that the Bears have been high on.  Should be an instant starter.
He is their only hope. 

I don't think we have a Rams fan.  So let's do that by consensus.

My top picks for them would be Zay jones receiver east Carolina or Dan Freeney, G Indiana.

Not to jump the gun here but the Rams must protect goff and open lanes for gurley. 

Dan Feeney, G Indiana it is

@Ilov80s up

Last edited by a moderator:
Chargers Rd 2:  LB/DE TJ Watt

Chargers really wanted Lamp. He is a plug and play guard to replace Fluker. OL is a major need, but I just don't see anyone worthy of this pick. So, back to defense. To run the Seahawks style D, it's necessary to generate a pass rush with 4 so it's important to add another pass rusher that can help Bosa and Ingram. Never can have enough pass rushers. Watt has the versatility to stand up and play LB and rush from the edge. 

Jets select CB Cordrea Tankersley, Clemson

Since this season should be all about tanking.

I am curious why you feel that way.
I watched several full game videos of many of the top edge rushers in January. He was easily the worst of the guys targeted for a top 50 or so pick at the time. I recall D Barnett looking strong and accomplished and he was going at the same time -- and it was night and day. Wanted him bad for Pittsburgh, but his stock has since risen. Same with Soloman Thomas. Back then these guys were pick 'ems in the middle of the 1st. Much rather have Reddick or Watt at this point.

When I watch players, at any position, I try to find reasons to have an opinion. Good or bad. It serves me well in my leagues (which most include IDP) and with him he was definitely a "bad" listyed player when compared to his contemporaries.

I watched several full game videos of many of the top edge rushers in January. He was easily the worst of the guys targeted for a top 50 or so pick at the time. I recall D Barnett looking strong and accomplished and he was going at the same time -- and it was night and day. Wanted him bad for Pittsburgh, but his stock has since risen. Same with Soloman Thomas. Back then these guys were pick 'ems in the middle of the 1st. Much rather have Reddick or Watt at this point.

When I watch players, at any position, I try to find reasons to have an opinion. Good or bad. It serves me well in my leagues (which most include IDP) and with him he was definitely a "bad" listyed player when compared to his contemporaries.
Fair enough but Tak played through a shoulder injury last year which you could sometimes visibly see him in pain dealing

Out of al those players you said you would rather have only one who is left is Watt and I'd have gone with the everyone but Watt myself.

I have no doubt that Jerry Richardson will fire me for this, but as long as I am the acting GM we will pick the players that I believe will help us win football games.
With the 40th pick, the Carolina Panthers select...

RB JOE MIXON OKLAHOMA

Round 1

7. Los Angeles Chargers @Ilov80s - S Malik Hooker tOSU
Chargers re-signed SS Jahleel Addae to a four-year, $22 million contract.

They really liked what that saw in Addae last year at SS. 

With Malik at FS and you have another solid safety tandem after this draft much like Tennessee.

I have no doubt that Jerry Richardson will fire me for this, but as long as I am the acting GM we will pick the players that I believe will help us win football games.

RB JOE MIXON OKLAHOMA
I think it's early but when I saw your pm earlier I war thinking "hmmm, makes sense even if I don't like the guy"

You mentioned a few names of players you liked and all of them were drafted but Watt. I'd have taken all of them instead of Tak myself if they were available, all except Watt.
Which is why I used the :yucky: symbol. Seemed like we "reached" for need and Im no fan of that approach.

Chargers re-signed SS Jahleel Addae to a four-year, $22 million contract.

They really liked what that saw in Addae last year at SS. 

With Malik at FS and you have another solid safety tandem after this draft much like Tennessee.
Yep and Bosa, Ingram and Watt, they should really be able to get after the QB as well. If I was a Chargers fan, I would be really happy with all those young players on defense. 

Which is why I used the :yucky: symbol. Seemed like we "reached" for need and Im no fan of that approach.
Well sorry fans but we don't consider it a reach for need and we know we can't please everyone.

Oddly enough about an hour after I did that pick I saw an updated mock from Matt Miller which he just posted and had Steelers taking Mckinley.  I think if his shoulder had been healthy he don't make it back to 30.

Which brings me two questions. What is with the sudden surge in labrum injuries/surgeries?  Second question is with these guys who know they need surgery but wait till after combine for and have 5 month type recovery. This puts them right around middle of camp so even if all goes well they fall behind a little. Question is if these players wanted to could they hold private workout like in January so they can proceed with the surgery instead of waiting a few months? I don't think they can, but curious to know for sure.

RB JOE MIXON OKLAHOMA
I was hoping he would fall to 3.2 for SF

If they can spin the PR with "everyone deserves a 2nd chance" approach, it would be a really good pick.

Bengals take Raekwon McMillan LB from OSU. 

Need to get younger and faster at LB. Gambling that there will still be some speedy receivers in the 3rd or 4th round. 

Saints take Josh jones, S nc state

This guy would just as soon hit you as look at you on the football field. Hey, it's fun to watch his tape because he's already got that NFL mentality to him, but he gets way out of control too. I saw that early on in the tape. You've got to rein him in a little bit." - 

@JetMaxx / philly up

Saints take Josh jones, S nc state

This guy would just as soon hit you as look at you on the football field. Hey, it's fun to watch his tape because he's already got that NFL mentality to him, but he gets way out of control too. I saw that early on in the tape. You've got to rein him in a little bit." - 

@JetMaxx / philly up
I think this is a reach. Especially with Budda Baker still OTB. 

2.43 The Philadelphia Eagles select Tre'Davious White, CB, LSU

I'm very pleased to add a player of White's ability and character to a sorely needed position. 

1.14 OJ Howard

2.43 Tre'Davious White

No thanks.

2.44 The Buffalo Bills select Budda Baker, S, Washington

Adding UW teammates Jones and Baker to the backend of this defense is a major coup.

1.10 Sidney Jones, CB, UW

2.44 Budda Baker, S, UW

No thanks.

2.44 The Buffalo Bills select Budda Baker, S, Washington

Adding UW teammates Jones and Baker to the backend of this defense is a major coup.

1.10 Sidney Jones, CB, UW

2.44 Budda Baker, S, UW
Nice pick. I would have taken Budda Baker with the Raiders pick if Dalvin Cook wasn't still on the board at pick 24.

Users who are viewing this thread