What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Metalheads - Drop an album for the masses (1 Viewer)

Black Sabbath's Paranoid would probably be a decent answer. It has "War Pigs," "Paranoid," "Iron Man," and my favorite off of the album, "Jack The Stripper/Fairies Wear Boots"

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath is my favorite followed by the self titled debut, but they are all great

Rust in Peace is Megadeth's best album but Peace Sells was the one that got me into them, so needs a mention.

No mention of Kyuss yet, so I will throw Welcome to Sky Valley out there
Kyuss is awesome!.....and a lot of good stuff has come from their former members. I still enjoy Kyuss more than any of the subsequent stuff that followed though.

I wore out my Peace Sells, and rust tapes back in the day. Early Megadeth is among the best metal ever, imo.

Rust in Peace is Megadeth's best album but Peace Sells was the one that got me into them, so needs a mention.

Kyuss is awesome!.....and a lot of good stuff has come from their former members. I still enjoy Kyuss more than any of the subsequent stuff that followed though.

I wore out my Peace Sells, and rust tapes back in the day. Early Megadeth is among the best metal ever, imo.
I do like Queens of the Stone Age quite a bit and they are pretty close to being metal, depending on how loose you are with the metal genre.

Lamb of God - Ashes of the Wake
I feel like metal is just not appreciated enough around here, or elsewhere....

I use *metal* to encompass all the subgenres too, including black, death, sludge and so on...

But drop ONE album you wish others would give a listen to, front to back, to melt the paint off their walls.

For me, I cannot recommend Mastodon's "Leviathan" enough... Just absolutely shreds.

Ashes of Leviathan Tour this summer celebrating the 20th anniversary of these incredible albums.

Saw that. So incredibly bummed they arent anywhere near me in europe... And im missing the canadian dates by 2 weeks when i go home for a visit.

Mastodon is INCREDIBLE live. Will legitimately make you levitate. lamb of god crushes as well
I'll be at the Orlando, Florida show. It's at the Orlando Ampitheater. Outside. In the Summer. In July. 😓

Looks like Kerry King (Slayer guitarist) is opening with his band. That should be fun. His new album "From Hell I Rise" drops May 17th. Maybe I'll start a thread? :wink:
I really liked the single I heard from King's new record. Not surprisingly, it sounded a whole lot like Slayer, which is a good thing in my opinion. I had really hoped he wasn't going to go off the rails experimenting with some new sound or something, and he didn't.
Nope. Thought the same thing. “This is a more modern sounding Slayer.”

Testament-The New Order

Another thrash classic I had on cassette
I always liked the combo of Billy & Skolnick on vocals/lead 🎸

Another good album from them is:

Crest of the Knave - Jethro Tull

:oldunsure:
For reference.

Alice Cooper: Backstage afterwards, Lita said she thought I was pulling a gag. I had to show her the card. Everybody backstage was laughing. It was the funniest thing that had happened all night. I said to the guys in Metallica: “You know, if you got a little heavier you could be up there with Jethro Tull.”

It was felt back then – although nothing could ever be proved – that people traded votes: “If you vote for my artist as best female vocalist, I’ll vote for your Best Heavy Metal Recording.” That sort of thing. There was lobbying and deal-making. Nothing illegal, but trading blocks of votes.

So true. Mostly because Mustaine was trying to prove he could be harder and put out better guitar riffs than Metallica. As much as I love Metallica's old stuff, Megadeth was harder.

I don't think I saw mention, so wanted to give the proper about of love to the best metal band on the planet - Opeth. IMO they didn't miss a beat on any album from Morningrise to Sorceress. That's 11 straight albums of :tebow: :headbang:. Gun to my head, I'd say Ghost Reveries for an album with growls, and for non-growl prog side of things I love Pale Communion.

Love clutch. I wouldn’t really consider them Metal, but I wouldn’t argue it. They definitely have some heavy songs

This is one of my favorites

Love that self titled album too back when CDs were still a thing that was in heavy rotation. I think I was 15 when nu-metal really started coming on. Had a friend that was really into Korn, Marilyn Manson, Clutch all that stuff before it became cool

I remember he used to always steal CDs and magic cards from the mall

Love clutch. I wouldn’t really consider them Metal, but I wouldn’t argue it. They definitely have some heavy songs

Love that self titled album too back when CDs were still a thing that was in heavy rotation. I think I was 15 when nu-metal really started coming on. Had a friend that was really into Korn, Marilyn Manson, Clutch all that stuff before it became cool

That link just sent me to a VRBO ad

That link just sent me to a VRBO ad

Oops try this

I should mention the New Orleans metal pioneers Exhorder (as I always do in these metal threads). This is one of the greatest records of all time and it changed thrash metal forever.

I should mention the New Orleans metal pioneers Exhorder (as I always do in these metal threads). This is one of the greatest records of all time and it changed thrash metal forever.
Sounds like an album chock full of love songs.

I'm surprised that I've never heard them played at weddings

"Anal Lust" is pretty romantic.

I'm surprised that I've never heard them played at weddings
You didn't go to my wedding.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread