What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MFL Apps for iPhone/Droid (1 Viewer)

My app is available on the Amazon App Store as well. I'm on my phone at the moment or I'd include a link. Searching "MFL Fantasy Football 11" on their maeket should do the trick.

Make sure it's a 2011 league and you're entering a 5 digit number only. If both if those are true, email me your league IDs at support@locomolabs.com and I'll look deeper.

They are and I am... I will email them now
I haven't gotten your email yet, but I think I know what's going on. The latest two versions of the app are currently "under review" with Amazon. They typically take about 7 days to push through their approval process, so when they're approved you'll be able to grab the latest version.

ANy way to download the APK file (i.e. email?) cause right now the app is useless and I could really use it now.
I got an email earlier today from Amazon saying it was approved. Can you go and update it and email me (support@locomolabs.com) if you experience any issues with it?

ANy way to download the APK file (i.e. email?) cause right now the app is useless and I could really use it now.
I got an email earlier today from Amazon saying it was approved. Can you go and update it and email me (support@locomolabs.com) if you experience any issues with it?
I just got it now and all appears well...might I make 1 suggestion though. The ability to sort rosters by position OR by starter/bench would be a great addition...I am going to use this thing a lot. Expect a five star rating within the next day or two.

'Dead Monkeys said:
One other suggestion...the ability to make and offer trades is much needed.
Yes, asked about an update on this on 8/13 based on an earlier response from Chris. Any news would be appreciated.

'Dead Monkeys said:
Yes, asked about an update on this on 8/13 based on an earlier response from Chris. Any news would be appreciated.
Nothing has changed since then. The ability to make and offer trades is not supported by the MFL API, therefore the functionality cannot be implemented by 3rd party applications.

Has anyone noticed that the MFL app has Terrell Suggs as a DE and Malcolm Jenkins as a S, although that is not what they are listed as on the site. I'm sure there are more, but those were the only two on my team.
I think that's how MFL set them. Maybe your commish changed their positions and its not getting picked up by the API?

'Chris Stewart said:
Nothing has changed since then. The ability to make and offer trades is not supported by the MFL API, therefore the functionality cannot be implemented by 3rd party applications.
Any way to view trade offers?

Not currently. MFL has added that to the API, but I haven't added it to the app as of yet.

I have a couple more suggestions Chris, if you are listening...I would like to see a "my player's news" option so you can view the news before setting line ups. Also, would love to see the scoring change so that you and you opponent are grouped together with the scoring. Maybe just put a space between each of the matchups so they are not jumbled together That would be for the detailed and undetailed live scoring if possible. I will let you know if there is anything else but this app has great potential.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've released 3 updates to my app, MFL Fantasy Football 11, over the last 3 days and wanted to recap those updates here:

2.12 - Released 9/12/11

- Additional error handling for login sequence.

- Set the match up screen so each team is beside the other.

- View Roster screen now orders players by their position.

2.13 - Released 9/13/11

- Added app2sd support which allows you to move the app to your SD card.

- Kickers weren’t showing up in “Add Player”.

2.14 - Released 9/14/11

- Add Player - Starts ordered by last name and can now be searched.

- Added “Def” to “Who’s Hot?”, “Who’s Cold?”, “Rookie ADP”, “Overall ADP”, and “Add Player” views.

- Added a “View Detail” button on the match up screen so you can visit MFL.com for the specific match up and get detailed player statistics (yards, TDs, etc) that aren’t available through the API.

- With drafting over, the background check for draft status has been disabled by default.

- Removed unnecessary “latest version” check as Android Market has gotten better in notifying users of updates.

- BUG: On “View Player Detail” screen, the button to take you to MFL.com was showing the 2010 page instead of 2011.

- BUG: In some scenarios, a match up would not be passed into the match up screen correctly and cause crashes.

I am hoping the 2012 app will finally be able to process and view trades (you said mfl updated the api to include it in september, but the app was never updated). Also, last year, lineup changes rarely, if ever took for me. Hoping this year some of the kinks will get worked out.

To be honest, I found the it easier to just use my web browser, because of the functional problems with the app.

I am hoping the 2012 app will finally be able to process and view trades (you said mfl updated the api to include it in september, but the app was never updated). Also, last year, lineup changes rarely, if ever took for me. Hoping this year some of the kinks will get worked out.To be honest, I found the it easier to just use my web browser, because of the functional problems with the app.
Bump - Chris, are you still out there?

Not currently. MFL has added that to the API, but I haven't added it to the app as of yet.
So the 2012 app has been released and trades + waiver requests are still not on the app. If it is available in the api, is there some reason it is still not being included? Without these basic functions, the app is pretty much useless...and certainly not worth paying for.I suggest we vote with our wallets and avoid getting the app until these changes we have all been asking for are implemented. I have already refunded my purchase, but will gladly buy it again when these items are fixed. Sadly, I feel that this is a very lazy app.

With the improvement in browsers and 4G it is just easier to use a full browser until the functions additions.

Even companies with deep pockets offer sub par apps compared to browsers.

HTML5 will likely escalate the movement away from apps within 2-3 years.

Download the Chrome Beta browser for Android 4 phones (Ice Cream Sandwich). Best mobile browser ever.

Finally, new iPhone rumors suggest a larger screen and 4G. That should help for Apple fans.

Users who are viewing this thread