What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Michael Johnson (1 Viewer)

Freebody

Footballguy
I see him ranked high every week, but I refuse to put him in my lineup anymore. And for good reason: 14 solos and 1.5 sacks to date.

At this point I am tempted to drop him. But I keep waiting for that breakout. Any thoughts on his future?

He's the 2nd best 4-3DE (behind Quinn) according to PFF.

18 Hurries, 10 Hits but apparently he CAN'T sack QBs

I see him ranked high every week, but I refuse to put him in my lineup anymore. And for good reason: 14 solos and 1.5 sacks to date.

At this point I am tempted to drop him. But I keep waiting for that breakout. Any thoughts on his future?
Hes got the Chris long problem, just keeps missing. I wouldn't give up though.

from PFF

He’s converted just 1.5 of his 31 total QB pressures (sum of sacks, hits, and hurries) for sacks this season. That’s a conversion rate of just 4.8 percent. With the league average over the past five seasons hovering around 17 percent, it’s reasonable to expect Johnson to regress upward toward the mean.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the responses. I will hold on to him, but I can't afford the risk of starting him this week against the defending champs in our league (I'll roll with R Quinn and Chandler Jones) Of course, that means Johnson will blow up tonight...

from PFF

He’s converted just 1.5 of his 31 total QB pressures (sum of sacks, hits, and hurries) for sacks this season. That’s a conversion rate of just 4.8 percent. With the league average over the past five seasons hovering around 17 percent, it’s reasonable to expect Johnson to regress upward toward the mean.
Yeah, pressures are typically a better predictor of future sacks than just relying on past sacks. He has been unlucky finishing so far.

If you aren't willing to start him vs. Miami you probably aren't ever going to start him.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you aren't willing to start him vs. Miami you probably aren't ever going to start him.
Not necessarily. I can easily see a situation (injuries/byes) where I would have to start him -- or someone else who is more reliable. Hence the post.

At this point I am looking for quality IDP depth and, while he's got potential and hurries and all that, he's not finishing. And, as they say, close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades...

Users who are viewing this thread