What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Missing Malaysian jet news (1 Viewer)

xulf said:
Apple Jack said:
JuniorNB said:
Ok, I'm going to ask what is possibly the dumbest question in the entire thread. But I know very little about radar and it's capabilities...

Since I doubt that particular part of the Indian Ocean is in the flight path of commercial airliners, why isn't radar capable of simply seeing a plane on it's print out 6 to 8 hours after it took off? If it's picking up pieces of garbage in the ocean, why can't anyone's radar see a humongous plane?
There is no radar out there to have seen it. What you are seeing are actual pictures from satellites; they have nothing to do with radar.
I think he his asking why a satellite wasn't able to snap a picture of the plane.
Correct. I mistakenly said radar. Any reason there are no pictures?
Have you ever taken pictures at night, of objects with no lights? Oh, ok, they have some small navigation lights. And the satellites are probably 200 miles out.

JuniorNB said:
Ok, I'm going to ask what is possibly the dumbest question in the entire thread. But I know very little about radar and it's capabilities...

Since I doubt that particular part of the Indian Ocean is in the flight path of commercial airliners, why isn't radar capable of simply seeing a plane on it's print out 6 to 8 hours after it took off? If it's picking up pieces of garbage in the ocean, why can't anyone's radar see a humongous plane?
standard radar is 60nmi short range and 120nmi long range. You need a tower somewhere in that range

How many satellites do you think there are circling over the southern Indian Ocean and what are the odds that they happen to be pointed at this planes trajectory? I'm thinking not many and nil. And even if one was, what are the odds of no clouds above the plane during daylight hours, never mind nighttime. I imagine the pics that have been taken were taken either after somebody taking the time to move a satellite into position to get the photos or waiting for it to orbit into the area. Maybe there is some combing the region on a semi-regular basis (kinda doubt it). They still have to look at it. Whatever the case, the likelihood of a satellite catching pics of an airplane over the southern Indian in the middle of the night are probably more remote than those of them finding the black boxes tomorrow. Maybe there's a slim chance it could have been caught if somebody had a week's notice and knew pretty much exactly where it would be flying.

Last edited by a moderator:
xulf said:
Apple Jack said:
JuniorNB said:

There is no radar out there to have seen it. What you are seeing are actual pictures from satellites; they have nothing to do with radar.
I think he his asking why a satellite wasn't able to snap a picture of the plane.
Correct. I mistakenly said radar. Any reason there are no pictures?
JuniorNB said:

standard radar is 60nmi short range and 120nmi long range. You need a tower somewhere in that range
doh should have read all the way

New word coming out that searchers have been in wrong area the last 3 days due to lack of coordination.

Waiting for stuff to come on shore is the best idea yet and funnel all the saved costs to the victim families.

And a LOST sequel.

New word coming out that searchers have been in wrong area the last 3 days due to lack of coordination.

Waiting for stuff to come on shore is the best idea yet and funnel all the saved costs to the victim families.

And a LOST sequel.
Was there a movie about this?

Everything keeps changing. Now whichever pilot (still not sure on who gave the final good bye) said something else. I mean I think it's ridiculous that CNN is spending 24/7 repeat repeat then the usual, something is wrong info, then repeat repeat, etc etc. I wonder if those guest pilots are getting paid to sit there every single day hashing and rehashing the same info over and over. :crazy:

xulf said:
Apple Jack said:
JuniorNB said:

Even if a satellite were in position to do so, the resolution would be terrible from that distance. The best hope for getting a decent picture of the plane is if one of the passengers took a photo while on board.

Everything keeps changing. Now whichever pilot (still not sure on who gave the final good bye) said something else. I mean I think it's ridiculous that CNN is spending 24/7 repeat repeat then the usual, something is wrong info, then repeat repeat, etc etc. I wonder if those guest pilots are getting paid to sit there every single day hashing and rehashing the same info over and over. :crazy:
CNN wouldn't be spending 24/7 on this if it wasn't bringing eyes to the advertisers.

CNN wouldn't be spending 24/7 on this if it wasn't bringing eyes to the advertisers.
Tell me about it. I've bought four cars, eight Cisco routers and changed my life insurance twice in the past three weeks.

CNN has come to the conclusion that the Malaysian government is hiding something. Took them 21 days to realize this, they don't miss much.

No flight transcripts, we don't know if the co-pilot is really the one that made the last call, they aren't sharing MRSAT data, they probably have withheld radar data of the flight's return trip over Malaysia, and they can't get any of their facts straight.

They have to be sharing info with the Chinese government no? China has to be pretty pissed about all of this.

Gut feeling says this plane went into the ocean much sooner then they think..All they have is some ping off a satellite determing the in- flight hours. Probably same satellites that are spotting garbage. If this thing went into the water sooner it would be much further north than the current search area. What if the Maldive people actually saw the plane that night as they stated. If so the search is not even close to the right spot.

xulf said:
Apple Jack said:
JuniorNB said:

Even if a satellite were in position to do so, the resolution would be terrible from that distance. The best hope for getting a decent picture of the plane is if one of the passengers took a photo while on board.
Google tells me there are 1,071 satellites in orbit right now, and less than one percent (10 or less) have hi-resolution imagery capability. Of those 10 or less, how many are taking images of the Southern Ocean? 1-2??

Most of the other 1k+ are low orbit communications satellites with no imagery capability.

DiStefano said:
JuniorNB said:

Radar travels in a straight line. According to Christopher Columbus, the earth is curved. So once you get over the horizon, radar doesn't see you anymore. More sophisticated and much more expensive systems use over the horizon radar by bouncing waves off the ionosphere but there is a lot of interference and "chatter" which makes identification more difficult.
I'm pretty sure Pythagoras and Aristotle has the "not flat" Earth thing covered a couple millennia earlier.

I'm also pretty sure the Earth is round.

CNN has come to the conclusion that the Malaysian government is hiding something. Took them 21 days to realize this, they don't miss much.

No flight transcripts, we don't know if the co-pilot is really the one that made the last call, they aren't sharing MRSAT data, they probably have withheld radar data of the flight's return trip over Malaysia, and they can't get any of their facts straight.

They have to be sharing info with the Chinese government no? China has to be pretty pissed about all of this.
I'm sure it's all just a big misunderstanding.

We'll probably all laugh about it someday.

Gut feeling says this plane went into the ocean much sooner then they think..All they have is some ping off a satellite determing the in- flight hours. Probably same satellites that are spotting garbage. If this thing went into the water sooner it would be much further north than the current search area. What if the Maldive people actually saw the plane that night as they stated. If so the search is not even close to the right spot.
I trust the hourly engine pings. They seem, amazing as it is, to be about the most concrete evidence.

It was pretty obvious since day one that the Malaysians are not on the up and up. They are making everyone run in circles with Harry Potter tactics.
The Office of Misinformation is part of the Ministry of Magic, answering to the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures. The Office is only employed during the worst magical-Muggle collisions, when an incident is so obviously magical in nature that Muggle authorities have a hard time explaining it.

In such cases, the Office liaises directly with the Muggle Prime Minister to create a plausible excuse for the incident. The Office of Misinformation has worked long and hard convincing Muggles that all photographic evidence of the Loch Ness Monster is fake, salvaging a situation that once looked to be extremely dangerous.

DiStefano said:
JuniorNB said:

Radar travels in a straight line. According to Christopher Columbus, the earth is curved. So once you get over the horizon, radar doesn't see you anymore. More sophisticated and much more expensive systems use over the horizon radar by bouncing waves off the ionosphere but there is a lot of interference and "chatter" which makes identification more difficult.
I'm pretty sure Pythagoras and Aristotle has the "not flat" Earth thing covered a couple millennia earlier.

I'm also pretty sure the Earth is round.
Oh, thank you. I didn't know that.

I think I've figured out what happened to this plane. The pilots were cannibals and ate the passengers.
That only explains what happened to the passengers.
The plane went down while they were eating. I think their eyes were bigger than their stomachs. While they sat there trying to eat all of those delectable ribs, the plane ran out of gas and crashed into the ocean. Your typical case of not planning ahead when getting ready to eat so many people on a plane. I'm sure it happens more times than we know.

I think I've figured out what happened to this plane. The pilots were cannibals and ate the passengers.
The plane went down while they were eating. I think their eyes were bigger than their stomachs. While they sat there trying to eat all of those delectable ribs, the plane ran out of gas and crashed into the ocean. Your typical case of not planning ahead when getting ready to eat so many people on a plane. I'm sure it happens more times than we know.
Oh, that explains a lot. Thanks.

The plane did not make it as far as originally thought, because they were using some of the fuel to run the grill.

It's starting to come together.

TheIronSheik said:
Keerock said:
TheIronSheik said:
The pilots turned into zombies, then ate the rest. In a few months the zombie apocalypse will commence when the zombies reach Perth by foot...

Too lazy to go back in the thread but someone earlier suggested to send a submarine to search, then got ridiculed for it

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-26845118

Wel, the British though that was a SMASHING idea!
I was the one that "ridiculed" the poster. But I think ridiculed would be a harsh description of what I said. I was more joking. People seem to take me way too serious in some threads.
Don't beat yourself up over it, that could so have been me....

I'm pretty sure Ted Turner is involved somehow. After all CNN had to redeem themselves after their horrid coverage of the Boston Marathon Bombing.

Ratings gains For The Win!

Suck it Bill O'Reilly

CNN interrrupted repeating the same chit from the past 26 days for the Ft Hood shooting! :angry:

This story has officially sunk.. :excited:

All 227 passengers have been cleared of any role in hijacking or sabotage or having psychological or personal issues that might have played a role in the plane's disappearance, the inspector general of Malaysian police, Khalid Abu Bakar, told reporters Wednesday.

Police said Wednesday a review of a flight simulator found in a pilot's house proved inconclusive. And senior Malaysian government officials told CNN last week that authorities have found nothing about either of the pilots to suggest a motive.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/02/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/

And there you have it.

In a recent release of information from an unnamed Korean News Bureau, a photo was discovered of Kim Jong Un studying navigational charts of the territorial waters directly adjacent to Malaysia. The proximity of the cordoned area in the map is remarkably close to the flight path of Malaysian airlines MH370 flight and could easily be reached with a minor course variance. Additional photos show Un and his cadre of generals reviewing the charts several days before the event.

This has lead to some speculation that Un was involved in the event and that he had received instructions from an outside government to perpetrate the hijacking. The question arises over what other nation could be involved in this heinous plan. The clues to this dilemma may have been revealed in recent days by a visitation by an unlikely source, American Dennis Rodman, seen below conferring with leader Kim Jong Un. It is uncertain what transpired in their conversation, but it does appear that Rodman has made several trips to North Korea in recent days and despite the bad press he received for his trips, remains on good terms with Kim Jong Un.

Again, you have to ask where the idea and planning for the disappearance of Flight MH370 came from and why has Rodman been meeting repeatedly with the leader of North Korea? It is believed that he was given instructions from the State Department and therefore from the President himself, to carry out negotiations with Kim Jong Un under the guise of shared sports camaraderie. This would explain why Rodman easily entered the country on several occasions and yet was welcomed back to the United States upon his return.

What makes this more suspicious is the recent commentary Rodman made in regards to Syria and President Obama’s lack of involvement in this Middle Eastern country, despite horrific war atrocities that are occurring there daily. There are several news agencies that have made a correlation between the Benghazi attacks and the President’s foreign policy in Syria and there was some evidence that an arms smuggling operation was taking place to Syrian rebels that was being coordinated via the U.S. Benghazi consulate there. This would provide proof of the President/ Rodman/ Kim/ Syria/ Benghazi chain and link their web of operations. Furthermore, there may have been personnel on that flight that were “high-quality” targets for removal from the web, thereby reducing the potential for exposure of the entire plot.

That would be remarkable if they find it only a few days before the battery is set to die.

Chinese planes supposedly spot 20 pieces of debris too but we have seen how much that has meant.

Well, they found a pulse signal

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/04/05/china-ship-detects-pulse-signal-in-search-for-missing-malysia-airlines/

Not so sure about this part

The report says a black box detector deployed by the vessel, Haixun 01, picked up a signal at 37.5Hz per second
uhh, hertz is "per second"

edit to add: I see now, the frequency is 37.5 kHz and it emits a signal once per second
This is amazing and very encouraging news, I mean what else could that signal possibly be but the black box?

"The report said it was not established whether that the signal was related to missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370."

Yeah if they find the black boxes before any wreckage, I would call that a small miracle. Or maybe the Chinese knew where it was all along. :oldunsure:

Users who are viewing this thread