What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Missing Malaysian jet news (1 Viewer)

You can't definitively say it wasn't pilot suicide, right fatness?
Nobody can definitively say it was anything, now can they? Don't let that stop you though. Run along now and try your best to prove what happened.

I have a feeling "prove" means something different to you than it does to most people.
I don't see the word "prove" in my post. Again, nice try.

I no longer think it's a good thing that they are cleaning up the ocean.

When you stop to think about the enormous cost to bring in a few random pieces of flotsam and jetsam, it's really not worth it.

"he wasn't the father I knew. He seemed disturbed and lost in a world of his own"

You can't definitively say it wasn't pilot suicide, right fatness?
A pilot suicide doesn't fly for 4+ hours in the wrong direction only to run out of fuel and have imminent death "chosen" for them. So, sure, pilot suicide can, almost, 99.9%, be wiped off the board.
If you wanted the plane to disappear in revenge for Ibrahim's jail sentence, sure, I can believe it.
:lmao:

Total lack of islands out there.

French Southern and Heard/McDonald islands are way to the west.

Impossible that anyone could survive, hardly took an announcement.
If they managed a water landing and deployed the slide rafts, why couldn't there be? It's unlikely, sure, but not impossible.
If this happened... 3 weeks of no food and water?
There's a ####load of snacks and bottled water on the plane they could grab on the way out. I would think that would be pretty standard part of evac drills for the flight attendants.
Wow. Just wow.

it was revealed that objects scooped out of the ocean off Western Australia were not part of Flight 370. Chinese ship Haixun 01 and Australia’s HMAS Success reportedly retrieved a number of objects from the ocean but so far none have been confirmed to be related to MH370, a statement issued by Australia maritime rescue officials said. The objects are more likely fishing objects or rubbish, AMSA said early this morning.
http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/families-of-missing-malaysia-airlines-flight-mh370-passengers-demand-to-see-evidence/story-fnizu68q-1226868805147
At least the ocean is getting cleaned up, and in a cost effective manner to boot.
No ####....Sounds like they need someone to police that part of the ocean and catch the litter bug that is on the loose. Must be treating that area like an isolated dirt road in West Virginia.... ships run down to the remote location, throw all their garbage overboard and get the hell out of there.

FYI

I was obsessed during the first 10 days but gave up on this story about a week back when every update became new #### floating in the water

thus my absence in this thread lately

Last edited by a moderator:
So the article I saw someone post on Facebook from trendingnewsbroadcast.com I assume is spam saying it's been found off Vietnam?

So the article I saw someone post on Facebook from trendingnewsbroadcast.com I assume is spam saying it's been found off Vietnam?
Well the breaking news on CNN right now is that.......err actually I can't tell what the breaking news is. I guess they haven't found it.

CNN Breaking news banner this morning: "The Search for Flight MH370 intensifies"

Well, it's good to know that a month in they've finally decided to intensify the search.

So did Malaysia really say today that the PM didn't mean necessarily that the plane crashed when he said the flight "ended?" And that he never said "no survivors?"

it was revealed that objects scooped out of the ocean off Western Australia were not part of Flight 370. Chinese ship Haixun 01 and Australias HMAS Success reportedly retrieved a number of objects from the ocean but so far none have been confirmed to be related to MH370, a statement issued by Australia maritime rescue officials said. The objects are more likely fishing objects or rubbish, AMSA said early this morning.
http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/families-of-missing-malaysia-airlines-flight-mh370-passengers-demand-to-see-evidence/story-fnizu68q-1226868805147
At least the ocean is getting cleaned up, and in a cost effective manner to boot.
No ####....Sounds like they need someone to police that part of the ocean and catch the litter bug that is on the loose. Must be treating that area like an isolated dirt road in West Virginia.... ships run down to the remote location, throw all their garbage overboard and get the hell out of there.
:oldunsure: Actually don't ships routinely dump trash everyday they are more than 50 miles from the coast?

Last edited by a moderator:
it was revealed that objects scooped out of the ocean off Western Australia were not part of Flight 370. Chinese ship Haixun 01 and Australias HMAS Success reportedly retrieved a number of objects from the ocean but so far none have been confirmed to be related to MH370, a statement issued by Australia maritime rescue officials said. The objects are more likely fishing objects or rubbish, AMSA said early this morning.
:oldunsure:

Actually don't ships routinely dump I trash everyday they are more than 50 miles from the coast?
I don't know the specific mileage or if it's just once you get to international waters, but yes, it is common for ships to dump trash in the ocean.

Raw sewage gets dumped 12 miles out. Pretty sure 50 miles is the USN rule but a lot of cruise ships freeze their food waste and offload it when in port. But commercial & military ships just toss it off the fantail.

Actually don't ships routinely dump I trash everyday they are more than 50 miles from the coast?
I don't know the specific mileage or if it's just once you get to international waters, but yes, it is common for ships to dump trash in the ocean.
Great....It's 2014 and we can't find a better way to dispose of trash on ships. I guess next cruise I'm on I'll just toss my plates and bottles over the railing when I'm done.

Great....It's 2014 and we can't find a better way to dispose of trash on ships. I guess next cruise I'm on I'll just toss my plates and bottles over the railing when I'm done.
No need... they'll do it for you.

Raw sewage gets dumped 12 miles out. Pretty sure 50 miles is the USN rule but a lot of cruise ships freeze their food waste and offload it when in port. But commercial & military ships just toss it off the fantail.
hooray for our planet!

Seriously, just give up at this point. Nothing is worth this.
I'm just talking about searching for boxes when they don't have so much as a scrap of wreckage to use to attempt to back into a massive possible crash area.
Unless, based on radar and satellite information, they have a good idea where the plane crashed. They may decide to take a shot in the dark and drag the pinger locator over this "best guess". Hoping to get lucky.

The current search location is based on massive amounts of calculations for wind and current. One missed calculation and they could be off by hundreds of miles.

I wonder what is motivating them more......The families........ or the need to try and find out what went wrong........Didn't it take them a couple of years to recover the France flight in the Atlantic.

I wonder what is motivating them more......The families........ or the need to try and find out what went wrong........Didn't it take them a couple of years to recover the France flight in the Atlantic.
Yes, but they had a damn good idea of what went down because that flight was sending data the entire way. It was pretty obvious the pilots had ####ed up within a day or two.

I think it's a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation here.

If they keep looking, people will say why are they wasting money on looking for something they most likely will never find. But if they stop looking, people will go nuts that they gave up that quickly.

One more "key piece of evidence" has changed.

On Monday, Malaysia's Transport Ministry said the final voice transmission from the cockpit of Flight 370 was "Good night Malaysian three seven zero."

That's a departure from earlier language in which Malaysian authorities said the final transmission was "All right, goodnight."

The new language is routine and is not a sign of anything untoward occurring aboard the flight, said CNN aviation analyst Mary Schiavo.

But she said it does raise questions about how Malaysian officials have handled the investigation.

"Well, it speaks to credibility issues, unfortunately," she said.

Ok, I'm going to ask what is possibly the dumbest question in the entire thread. But I know very little about radar and it's capabilities...

Since I doubt that particular part of the Indian Ocean is in the flight path of commercial airliners, why isn't radar capable of simply seeing a plane on it's print out 6 to 8 hours after it took off? If it's picking up pieces of garbage in the ocean, why can't anyone's radar see a humongous plane?

One more "key piece of evidence" has changed.

On Monday, Malaysia's Transport Ministry said the final voice transmission from the cockpit of Flight 370 was "Good night Malaysian three seven zero."

That's a departure from earlier language in which Malaysian authorities said the final transmission was "All right, goodnight."

The new language is routine and is not a sign of anything untoward occurring aboard the flight, said CNN aviation analyst Mary Schiavo.

But she said it does raise questions about how Malaysian officials have handled the investigation.

"Well, it speaks to credibility issues, unfortunately," she said.
Apparently CNN Breaking News has been feeding us craploads of lies.

Ok, I'm going to ask what is possibly the dumbest question in the entire thread. But I know very little about radar and it's capabilities...

Since I doubt that particular part of the Indian Ocean is in the flight path of commercial airliners, why isn't radar capable of simply seeing a plane on it's print out 6 to 8 hours after it took off? If it's picking up pieces of garbage in the ocean, why can't anyone's radar see a humongous plane?
There is no radar out there to have seen it. What you are seeing are actual pictures from satellites; they have nothing to do with radar.

Radar travels in a straight line. According to Christopher Columbus, the earth is curved. So once you get over the horizon, radar doesn't see you anymore. More sophisticated and much more expensive systems use over the horizon radar by bouncing waves off the ionosphere but there is a lot of interference and "chatter" which makes identification more difficult.

There is no radar out there to have seen it. What you are seeing are actual pictures from satellites; they have nothing to do with radar.
True.

I think he his asking why a satellite wasn't able to snap a picture of the plane.

It will be nice when this disaster is behind us and we can move on to the next one. I feel bad for the families of the killed passengers but this disaster, is annoying. I am tired of hearing nothing so much.

xulf said:
Apple Jack said:
JuniorNB said:

I think he his asking why a satellite wasn't able to snap a picture of the plane.
Correct. I mistakenly said radar. Any reason there are no pictures?

Users who are viewing this thread