What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Missing Malaysian jet news (1 Viewer)

Of all the tv shows / movies referenced has someone claimed The Twlight Zone with the goblin that was destroying the plane that only one passenger could see? If not that one is mine.

Two Deep said:
I guess their new math didn't work out if they are moving search zone 600 miles north....also what happened with the debris?
I think this is the first time planes have spotted debris, as opposed to it being spotted by satellite photos. And I think it's the quickest that a ship will be able to search the debris area after debris was spotted.

Planes combing the newly targeted area off the west coast of Australia spotted several objects Friday, including two rectangular items that were blue and gray, the Australian Maritime Safety Authority said. Although those are part of the colors of the missing Malaysia Airlines jet, it was not clear if they were from the plane.

The newly targeted zone is nearly 700 miles northeast of sites the searchers have crisscrossed for the past week. The redeployment came after analysts determined that the jet may have been traveling faster than earlier estimates and would therefore have run out of fuel sooner, officials said.

"This is a credible new lead and will be thoroughly investigated," Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott said.

The Australian maritime agency will analyze photos of the objects seen in the area, and a Chinese patrol ship will try to locate them Saturday, officials said.

Apple Jack said:
They found the boxes for Air France, so while very unlikely, it's not inconceivable. Though they had a much smaller search area (still big) considering they found the wreckage with just five days of current movement.
One report on tv said that the Air France flight was quite fortunately found lying on a plateau, holding pretty well still together, it was happenstance that it fell to the sea bottom like that.
Kind of like those coin games where you put the coin in the water and try to land it on a ledge for a free soda.

Also, given new information, it only strengthens the evidence of a hijack. Scientists on board wanted to see the penguins.

Apple Jack said:
They found the boxes for Air France, so while very unlikely, it's not inconceivable. Though they had a much smaller search area (still big) considering they found the wreckage with just five days of current movement.
One report on tv said that the Air France flight was quite fortunately found lying on a plateau, holding pretty well still together, it was happenstance that it fell to the sea bottom like that.
Still took them two years to find the boxes.

I'm waiting for the moment when a recovery boat is moving slowly through the debris and they come across Kate Winslet blowing a whistle.

fatness said:
Someone needs to take Fat Nick to see an ocean. Every bit of an ocean. I would do it but I'm counting sand right now and won't be finished for awhile.
Free trip? Sign me up!

I'm about to jump on a plane to Naples Fl. If you guys never hear from me again, I blame Al Quaeda Air.

from cnn.com :loco:

Relatives of the 239 people on board the plane have complained about receiving mixed messages.

Earlier this week, they heard this: "All lives are lost."

But Saturday, a Malaysian official met with relatives and then told reporters he had not closed the door on the hope of relatives that survivors may exist among the 239 people aboard the Boeing 777-200 ER that went missing March 8.

"Even hoping against hope, no matter how remote, of course, we are praying and we will continue our search for the possible survivors," said Hishammuddin Hussein, Malaysia's acting transportation minister.

"More than that, I told the families I cannot give them false hope. The best we can do is pray and that we must be sensitive to them that, as long as there is even a remote chance of a survivor, we will pray and do whatever it takes."

A day after the search for the Malaysian jetliner shifted to a new area of the Indian Ocean, ships on Saturday plucked objects from the sea to determine whether they were related to the missing jet. None were confirmed to be from the plane, leaving searchers with no sign of the jet three weeks after it disappeared.

Meanwhile, a Chinese military plane scanning part of the search zone, which is roughly the size of Poland, spotted several objects floating in the sea, including two bearing colors of the missing jet.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/malaysia-airlines-flight-370-ships-retrieve-possible-debris-in-ocean/

Total lack of islands out there.

French Southern and Heard/McDonald islands are way to the west.

Impossible that anyone could survive, hardly took an announcement.

Last edited by a moderator:

If they managed a water landing and deployed the slide rafts, why couldn't there be? It's unlikely, sure, but not impossible.

If they managed a water landing and deployed the slide rafts, why couldn't there be? It's unlikely, sure, but not impossible.
If this happened... 3 weeks of no food and water?
There's a ####load of snacks and bottled water on the plane they could grab on the way out. I would think that would be pretty standard part of evac drills for the flight attendants.

There's a ####load of snacks and bottled water on the plane they could grab on the way out. I would think that would be pretty standard part of evac drills for the flight attendants.
:lol: :lol:

I assume your reply is based on your vast aviation experience? Or are you basically just talking out of your ###?

p.s. I already know the answer. The question is purely rhetorical.

the fact that you are posing hypothesis that involves an orderly dispensing of peanuts and bottled water as the passengers float peacefully along for 3 weeks is pretty laughable.Nobidy needs aviation experience for that.

:rolleyes: :fishing:

I assume your reply is based on your vast aviation experience? Or are you basically just talking out of your ###?p.s. I already know the answer. The question is purely rhetorical.
Yeah, a flight attendant's biggest concern while an airplane floats on water is to worry about bottled water and snacks.

"Sir, please slide down the escape slide. DO NOT forget your bottle of water and snacks. We might have a long wait ahead of us."

it was revealed that objects scooped out of the ocean off Western Australia were not part of Flight 370. Chinese ship Haixun 01 and Australia’s HMAS Success reportedly retrieved a number of objects from the ocean but so far none have been confirmed to be related to MH370, a statement issued by Australia maritime rescue officials said. The objects are more likely fishing objects or rubbish, AMSA said early this morning.
http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/families-of-missing-malaysia-airlines-flight-mh370-passengers-demand-to-see-evidence/story-fnizu68q-1226868805147

The youngest son of the pilot whose flight went down in the Indian Ocean has dismissed speculation his father may have crashed the plane intentionally, a report said today.

Ahmad Seth, son of captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah, said he knew what kind of man his father was.

“I’ve read everything online. But I’ve ignored all the speculation. I know my father better,” Seth, 26, was quoted by the New Straits Times as saying.

We may not be close as he travels so much. But I understand him,” the language student added in his first public remarks.
http://www.themalaymailonline.com/malaysia/article/son-defends-pilot-of-downed-malaysian-jet
One line of speculation suggests Zaharie might have hijacked the plane as a political act. He has been identified as a supporter of a high-profile Malaysian opposition figure. Ahmad rejected such theories. "We may not be as close as he travels so much. But I understand him," Ahmad said of his father in the interview, which was conducted Tuesday.

Comments from government officials on the investigation so far support the Ahmed's view.

A senior Malaysian government official on Wednesday told CNN law enforcement analyst Tom Fuentes that authorities have found nothing in 19 days of investigating the two pilots that leads them to any motive, be it political, suicidal or extremist.

And an ongoing FBI review of the two pilots' hard drives, including one in a flight simulator Zaharie had built at his home, has not turned up a "smoking gun," a U.S. official with knowledge of the investigation told CNN. "They have accessed the data," the official said. "There is nothing that's jumping out and grabbing us right now."
http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/27/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/

His friends, he said, had been a pillar of strength and lent him their support and encouragement. He also reluctantly admitted that he was the strongest in his family in dealing with the crisis, but did not elaborate on how his other family members were coping, said the report.
http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/se-asia/story/son-defends-pilot-malaysia-airlines-flight-mh370-20140327
lol at the bolded. There are horrific stories all the time about snapping and doing unthinkable things in the heat of the moment - including killing their kids or random strangers. Nobody ever "knows" what someone is thinking - not even his own son. His son's statement doesn't disprove the theory the pilot committed suicide/murder as much as his "friend's" report proves he did do it.
Keep digging.
:shovel:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2592436/He-wasnt-father-I-knew-He-lost-disturbed-Daughter-MH370-pilot-raises-alarming-new-questions-state-mind-weeks-planes-disappearance.html

Flight 370 was last heard from on March 8. Every plane's black box is fitted with a low frequency acoustic beacon that, when activated after a crash, emits a unique, continuous "ping" for searchers to detect and has a battery life of roughly 30 days (PDF). A host of environmental factors, from depth and temperature of the water to the relative damage done to the equipment, can affect both the life of the battery and the ease of the search.

That gives the people searching for Flight 370 a little more than a week, perhaps 10 days at most, to not just pinpoint the place where a 240-foot plane went down in a roughly 200,000-square-mile area, but also find it on the ocean floor
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/malaysia-airlines-flight-370-clock-winding-down-on-black-box-beacon-battery/

"he wasn't the father I knew. He seemed disturbed and lost in a world of his own"

You can't definitively say it wasn't pilot suicide, right fatness?

An Australian military aircraft has spotted four orange objects at sea, more than two metres in size, which will be analysed by the Australian co-ordination centre for missing flight MH370.

Clear skies and a search zone closer to land had meant greater visibility and a cluster of object sightings for the Australian P-3 Orion crew captained by Flight Lieutenant Russell Adams on Sunday.

"We were able to detect many objects in the water today," Flight Lieutenant Adams said, speaking on the tarmac at RAAF Pearce base Sunday night, after an 11-hour mission.
http://www.smh.com.au/national/missing-malaysia-airlines-plane-australian-aircraft-spots-four-orange-objects-at-sea-20140331-35s9l.html

The youngest son of the pilot whose flight went down in the Indian Ocean has dismissed speculation his father may have crashed the plane intentionally, a report said today.

Ahmad Seth, son of captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah, said he knew what kind of man his father was.

“I’ve read everything online. But I’ve ignored all the speculation. I know my father better,” Seth, 26, was quoted by the New Straits Times as saying.

We may not be close as he travels so much. But I understand him,” the language student added in his first public remarks.
http://www.themalaymailonline.com/malaysia/article/son-defends-pilot-of-downed-malaysian-jet
One line of speculation suggests Zaharie might have hijacked the plane as a political act. He has been identified as a supporter of a high-profile Malaysian opposition figure. Ahmad rejected such theories. "We may not be as close as he travels so much. But I understand him," Ahmad said of his father in the interview, which was conducted Tuesday.

Comments from government officials on the investigation so far support the Ahmed's view.

A senior Malaysian government official on Wednesday told CNN law enforcement analyst Tom Fuentes that authorities have found nothing in 19 days of investigating the two pilots that leads them to any motive, be it political, suicidal or extremist.

And an ongoing FBI review of the two pilots' hard drives, including one in a flight simulator Zaharie had built at his home, has not turned up a "smoking gun," a U.S. official with knowledge of the investigation told CNN. "They have accessed the data," the official said. "There is nothing that's jumping out and grabbing us right now."
http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/27/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/

His friends, he said, had been a pillar of strength and lent him their support and encouragement. He also reluctantly admitted that he was the strongest in his family in dealing with the crisis, but did not elaborate on how his other family members were coping, said the report.
http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/se-asia/story/son-defends-pilot-malaysia-airlines-flight-mh370-20140327
lol at the bolded. There are horrific stories all the time about snapping and doing unthinkable things in the heat of the moment - including killing their kids or random strangers. Nobody ever "knows" what someone is thinking - not even his own son. His son's statement doesn't disprove the theory the pilot committed suicide/murder as much as his "friend's" report proves he did do it.
Keep digging.
:shovel:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2592436/He-wasnt-father-I-knew-He-lost-disturbed-Daughter-MH370-pilot-raises-alarming-new-questions-state-mind-weeks-planes-disappearance.html
Keep digging.

Nobody can definitively say it was anything, now can they? Don't let that stop you though. Run along now and try your best to prove what happened.

I have a feeling "prove" means something different to you than it does to most people.

Last edited by a moderator:
"he wasn't the father I knew. He seemed disturbed and lost in a world of his own"

A pilot suicide doesn't fly for 4+ hours in the wrong direction only to run out of fuel and have imminent death "chosen" for them. So, sure, pilot suicide can, almost, 99.9%, be wiped off the board.

A pilot suicide doesn't fly for 4+ hours in the wrong direction only to run out of fuel and have imminent death "chosen" for them. So, sure, pilot suicide can, almost, 99.9%, be wiped off the board.
Every theory there is has many reasons why it can't be so, and yet it happened. The pilot suicide has some of the weakest arguments to overcome. Just because that is not how you would commit suicide, does not make a very convincing argument, let alone one that wipes it down to a 0.1% chance.

Every theory there is has many reasons why it can't be so, and yet it happened. <-- I agree The pilot suicide has some of the weakest arguments to overcome. <-- I highly disagree

Every theory there is has many reasons why it can't be so, and yet it happened. <-- I agree The pilot suicide has some of the weakest arguments to overcome. <-- I highly disagree
Only if you assume a person who is mentally unstable is going to act in a rationale manner.

Lol...CNN just said a Chinese plane spotted a suspicious object on Saturday, it turned out to be a dead jellyfish.

Only if you assume a person who is mentally unstable is going to act in a rationale manner.
:doh:

Then what happened to the plane?

Terrorism? Why didn't the pilots use one of the many possible tools to notify ATC?

Mechanical failure? Why did the plane fly in a pattern and altitude that avoids radar? How do you explain not one, not two, not three, not four, but FIVE deliberate changes in direction to reach the crash site?

Pilot Suicide? How do you explain the crazy actions of crazy people?

it was revealed that objects scooped out of the ocean off Western Australia were not part of Flight 370. Chinese ship Haixun 01 and Australia’s HMAS Success reportedly retrieved a number of objects from the ocean but so far none have been confirmed to be related to MH370, a statement issued by Australia maritime rescue officials said. The objects are more likely fishing objects or rubbish, AMSA said early this morning.
http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/families-of-missing-malaysia-airlines-flight-mh370-passengers-demand-to-see-evidence/story-fnizu68q-1226868805147
At least the ocean is getting cleaned up, and in a cost effective manner to boot.

If you wanted the plane to disappear in revenge for Ibrahim's jail sentence, sure, I can believe it.

Users who are viewing this thread