What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MJD (1 Viewer)

In the two ppr mocks that I have done, MJD "fell" to me at 3.10 and went 3.5 in the other.

Is this really where is value is at this year?

If it is why is it that low?

Do people expect him to be worse?

Have to get going here but the first draft went like this

R1 P1 orleans monkeys Peterson, Adrian RB MIN

R1 P2 take notes! Tomlinson, LaDainian RB SD

R1 P3 like a pro Westbrook, Brian RB PHI

R1 P4 millertime Addai, Joseph RB IND 3s

R1 P5 Summer Of George Jackson, Steven RB STL

R1 P6 goldfish Brady, Tom QB NE AutoSelect

R1 P7 Sacs per Square Foot Moss, Randy WR NE

R1 P8 Bug Barber, Marion RB DAL

R1 P9 MeanMachine Gore, Frank RB SF

R1 P10 Road warriors Portis, Clinton RB WAS

R1 P11 Danny Bonaduce Grant, Ryan RB GB

R1 P12 iron mike Johnson, Larry RB KC

R2 P1 iron mike Lynch, Marshawn RB BUF

R2 P2 Danny Bonaduce Owens, Terrell WR DAL

R2 P3 Road warriors Wayne, Reggie WR IND

R2 P4 MeanMachine Fitzgerald, Larry WR ARI

R2 P5 Bug Houshmandzadeh, T.J WR CIN 20s

R2 P6 Sacs per Square Foot McGahee, Willis RB BAL

R2 P7 goldfish Maroney, Laurence RB NE

R2 P8 Summer Of George Johnson, Chad WR CIN

R2 P9 millertime Edwards, Braylon WR CLE

R2 P10 like a pro Jacobs, Brandon RB NYG

R2 P11 take notes! Brown, Ronnie RB MIA 13s

R2 P12 orleans monkeys Lewis, Jamal RB CLE

R3 P1 orleans monkeys Colston, Marques WR NO

R3 P2 take notes! Romo, Tony QB DAL

R3 P3 like a pro Manning, Peyton QB IND

R3 P4 millertime Parker, Willie RB PIT

R3 P5 Summer Of George Smith, Steve WR CAR

R3 P6 goldfish Johnson, Andre WR HOU

R3 P7 Sacs per Square Foot Bush, Reggie RB NO

R3 P8 Bug Holt, Torry WR STL 34s

R3 P9 MeanMachine Welker, Wes WR NE

R3 P10 Road warriors Jones-Drew, Maurice RB JAX

RB19 in the draft listed. Pretty low. He's in the 12-15 range for me, but that's non PPR.

I would have put Jones and Bush ahead of Lynch, Maroney, Jacobs and maybe Ronnie Brown.
And FWP who went a few picks ahead.And this has to be a redraft. No way Moss goes off the board as the first WR in a dynasty or keeper league....

No way Moss goes off the board as the first WR in a dynasty or keeper league....
I've heard this echo'd all over the place, usually by people who feel Reggie Wayne is the #1 dynasty WR.That baffles me. Wayne is a year younger than Moss. Moss sure didn't look like he was slowing down and he is still the premiere red zone target in the NFL, and that won't change for several years.

No way Moss goes off the board as the first WR in a dynasty or keeper league....
I've heard this echo'd all over the place, usually by people who feel Reggie Wayne is the #1 dynasty WR.That baffles me. Wayne is a year younger than Moss. Moss sure didn't look like he was slowing down and he is still the premiere red zone target in the NFL, and that won't change for several years.
:thumbdown: Moss is my #1 WR in a dynasty. I could see Fitz or Edwards or Colston being ranked ahead of him if you want a younger guy, but I see no reason for Wayne to be ahead of Moss (which he often is).Moss = #1 talent + #1 passing situation (or #2 if you like Indy better) and just turned 31. Still has at least 3 yrs of elite production if not possibly more.

:thumbdown: Moss is my #1 WR in a dynasty. I could see Fitz or Edwards or Colston being ranked ahead of him if you want a younger guy, but I see no reason for Wayne to be ahead of Moss (which he often is).Moss = #1 talent + #1 passing situation (or #2 if you like Indy better) and just turned 31. Still has at least 3 yrs of elite production if not possibly more.
Edwards is my guy in dynasty. In a redraft, I would probably go with Moss....

:popcorn: Moss is my #1 WR in a dynasty. I could see Fitz or Edwards or Colston being ranked ahead of him if you want a younger guy, but I see no reason for Wayne to be ahead of Moss (which he often is).Moss = #1 talent + #1 passing situation (or #2 if you like Indy better) and just turned 31. Still has at least 3 yrs of elite production if not possibly more.
That's fine. And while I don't agree, I can see him going first. But to say "no way Moss goes off as the #1 in a dynasty" isn't true. There are very good arguments for him being #1 and I know I'm not the only one who feels that way. You don't have to have him that high, but your statement is a bit over the top, I think.

:coffee: Moss is my #1 WR in a dynasty. I could see Fitz or Edwards or Colston being ranked ahead of him if you want a younger guy, but I see no reason for Wayne to be ahead of Moss (which he often is).Moss = #1 talent + #1 passing situation (or #2 if you like Indy better) and just turned 31. Still has at least 3 yrs of elite production if not possibly more.
That's fine. And while I don't agree, I can see him going first. But to say "no way Moss goes off as the #1 in a dynasty" isn't true. There are very good arguments for him being #1 and I know I'm not the only one who feels that way. You don't have to have him that high, but your statement is a bit over the top, I think.
Plenty of startup dynasty league drafts going on right now. I've been checking them periodically as I have one late Summer. Can't say that I have seen Moss go first at WR in any of them. There may be exceptions, but for the most part he's not going first. Therefore my comment is not over the top. Feel free to prove me wrong with your arguments, but in actuality Moss is not going first....

:bag: Moss is my #1 WR in a dynasty. I could see Fitz or Edwards or Colston being ranked ahead of him if you want a younger guy, but I see no reason for Wayne to be ahead of Moss (which he often is).

Moss = #1 talent + #1 passing situation (or #2 if you like Indy better) and just turned 31. Still has at least 3 yrs of elite production if not possibly more.
Plenty of startup dynasty league drafts going on right now. I've been checking them periodically as I have one late Summer. Can't say that I have seen Moss go first at WR in any of them. There may be exceptions, but for the most part he's not going first. Therefore my comment is not over the top. Feel free to prove me wrong with your arguments, but in actuality Moss is not going first....
Staff WR dynasty rankings3 out of 6 FBG staff have Moss ranked as their #1 dynasty WR. 2 others have him #2. If they were in a spot to be the first to take a WR, good chance you see him go first. That's enough information without digging up drafts that it's not inconceivable that Moss goes as the 1st WR off the board in a startup dynasty draft.

But, if you feel comfortable with saying "NO WAY Moss goes off the board first as a WR", then that's great. I guess since you haven't seen it, then it can't possibly be true.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lmao: Moss is my #1 WR in a dynasty. I could see Fitz or Edwards or Colston being ranked ahead of him if you want a younger guy, but I see no reason for Wayne to be ahead of Moss (which he often is).

Moss = #1 talent + #1 passing situation (or #2 if you like Indy better) and just turned 31. Still has at least 3 yrs of elite production if not possibly more.
Staff WR dynasty rankings3 out of 6 FBG staff have Moss ranked as their #1 dynasty WR. 2 others have him #2. If they were in a spot to be the first to take a WR, good chance you see him go first. That's enough information without digging up drafts that it's not inconceivable that Moss goes as the 1st WR off the board in a startup dynasty draft.

But, if you feel comfortable with saying "NO WAY Moss goes off the board first as a WR", then that's great. I guess since you haven't seen it, then it can't possibly be true.
Using a pretty small subset to support your theory aren't you? 3 people does not a rule make....

:bye: Moss is my #1 WR in a dynasty. I could see Fitz or Edwards or Colston being ranked ahead of him if you want a younger guy, but I see no reason for Wayne to be ahead of Moss (which he often is).

Using a pretty small subset to support your theory aren't you? 3 people does not a rule make....
(sigh)I'm sorry, you're right and I'm wrong. Moss will NEVER go #1 as the top WR off the board in a dynasty draft. Have a good day, sir.

And just when you thought it would never happen....

It happened again?

Can't be possible

And this has to be a redraft. No way Moss goes off the board as the first WR in a dynasty or keeper league....
ETA--I apologize for the complete :bow: Hopefully we can return to the regular scheduled programming as the above should be clearly settled. I'll add that I'm shocked to see MJD go that low. Similarly saw Grant go incredibly low (3.4 and 3.10) in some drafts as well.

:bag: Moss is my #1 WR in a dynasty. I could see Fitz or Edwards or Colston being ranked ahead of him if you want a younger guy, but I see no reason for Wayne to be ahead of Moss (which he often is).

Here is the list of startup dynasties from this threadI couldn't access Backyard Brawl III for some reason (I'm circumventing the block on this site from my company and couldn't get to this one with that method) but the other 17 are below.

Hyper Active 3 - Moss is the 5th WR taken

Misfits and Outlaws Xtreme SUPER-flex--1 - Moss 2nd WR taken

Misfits and Outlaws Xtreme SUPER-flex--2 - Moss, 5th WR taken

Don Shula Dynasty - Moss, 5th WR taken

Zealots49 - Moss 2nd WR taken

Zealots50 - Moss 5th WR taken

Zealots51 - FINALLY!!! Moss goes 1st. 6 picks into the 2nd round somebody snagged Moss

Zealots52 - Moss 5th WR taken (3rd round!!)

Zealots53 - Another Moss comes off first

Zealots54 - Moss comes off 2nd and actually in the first round...

Zealots55 - Moss was the 3rd WR taken

Zealots56 - Moss 2nd WR taken

Zealots57 - Moss goes off first again!!!

Zealots58 - Moss was the 6th WR taken (somebody was a Boldin fan)

Zealots59 - Moss was 2nd

Zealots60 - Moss was 5th

Anytime, Anyplace - Moss 2nd WR taken

So, out of 17 drafts, looks like your 3 FBG staff guys were picking in 3 of them and took Moss first. But the VAST majority is passing on Moss first and going with the younger WR's like Braylon, Colston, Wayne, Fitz and Andre Johnson.

Obviously 3 guys with a lot of love for Moss. That happens, but most were going younger....

It happened again?

Can't be possible

And this has to be a redraft. No way Moss goes off the board as the first WR in a dynasty or keeper league....
ETA--I apologize for the complete :bag: Hopefully we can return to the regular scheduled programming as the above should be clearly settled. I'll add that I'm shocked to see MJD go that low. Similarly saw Grant go incredibly low (3.4 and 3.10) in some drafts as well.
Nice cherry picking. How many did you have to go through before you found 3? I'm guessing close to 20. Again, 3 does not a majority make

Here is the list of startup dynasties from this threadI couldn't access Backyard Brawl III for some reason (I'm circumventing the block on this site from my company and couldn't get to this one with that method) but the other 17 are below.

Hyper Active 3 - Moss is the 5th WR taken

Misfits and Outlaws Xtreme SUPER-flex--1 - Moss 2nd WR taken

Misfits and Outlaws Xtreme SUPER-flex--2 - Moss, 5th WR taken

Don Shula Dynasty - Moss, 5th WR taken

Zealots49 - Moss 2nd WR taken

Zealots50 - Moss 5th WR taken

Zealots51 - FINALLY!!! Moss goes 1st. 6 picks into the 2nd round somebody snagged Moss

Zealots52 - Moss 5th WR taken (3rd round!!)

Zealots53 - Another Moss comes off first

Zealots54 - Moss comes off 2nd and actually in the first round...

Zealots55 - Moss was the 3rd WR taken

Zealots56 - Moss 2nd WR taken

Zealots57 - Moss goes off first again!!!

Zealots58 - Moss was the 6th WR taken (somebody was a Boldin fan)

Zealots59 - Moss was 2nd

Zealots60 - Moss was 5th

Anytime, Anyplace - Moss 2nd WR taken

So, out of 17 drafts, looks like your 3 FBG staff guys were picking in 3 of them and took Moss first. But the VAST majority is passing on Moss first and going with the younger WR's like Braylon, Colston, Wayne, Fitz and Andre Johnson.

Obviously 3 guys with a lot of love for Moss. That happens, but most were going younger....
Thanks for that long post showing pretty much nothing. NOBODY argued that he was a consensus #1 or even going #1 in a lot of drafts. Simply that it isn't unheard of as you stated ("NO WAY he goes #1 in a dynasty draft). The argument was clearly that it is indeed possible that he could be the #1 WR off the board in a startup dynasty. Three drafts are more than enough to prove that statement completely false. You can backpedal however you'd like. Or you can just say "yeah, I was wrong" and move on. As I've noticed from other posts of yours, that's probably not possible for you.p.s.--Wayne is not a "younger" WR.

It happened again?

Can't be possible

ETA--I apologize for the complete :bag: Hopefully we can return to the regular scheduled programming as the above should be clearly settled. I'll add that I'm shocked to see MJD go that low. Similarly saw Grant go incredibly low (3.4 and 3.10) in some drafts as well.
Nice cherry picking. How many did you have to go through before you found 3? I'm guessing close to 20. Again, 3 does not a majority make
rofl@cherry picking. I'll repeat it for you:
Survey says:X

It happened again?

Can't be possible

ETA--I apologize for the complete :no: Hopefully we can return to the regular scheduled programming as the above should be clearly settled. I'll add that I'm shocked to see MJD go that low. Similarly saw Grant go incredibly low (3.4 and 3.10) in some drafts as well.
Hey, I can't argue with a few outliers that are exceptions to the rule. You're the one who had to sift through 20 drafts to find three guys who picked him first. The vast majority is going a different direction. But, hey, I was wrong you were right. It is possible that he goes first. It was also possible of people picking Boldin before him. And Andre Johnson before him. Not the norm by any means but it's possible. Doesn't make it a good move of course, but it's possible. Keep up your pedantic argument. Good luck this year....

It happened again?

Can't be possible

ETA--I apologize for the complete :lmao: Hopefully we can return to the regular scheduled programming as the above should be clearly settled. I'll add that I'm shocked to see MJD go that low. Similarly saw Grant go incredibly low (3.4 and 3.10) in some drafts as well.
Hey, I can't argue with a few outliers that are exceptions to the rule. You're the one who had to sift through 20 drafts to find three guys who picked him first. The vast majority is going a different direction. But, hey, I was wrong you were right. It is possible that he goes first. It was also possible of people picking Boldin before him. And Andre Johnson before him. Not the norm by any means but it's possible. Doesn't make it a good move of course, but it's possible. Keep up your pedantic argument. Good luck this year....
I hope that was therapeutic to say you were wrong. Btw, here are ADP results from MFL for keeper leagues. This is from 14-16 drafts so far this year (141 listed up top, but most are rookie drafts)

Moss is the #1 WR listed

Enjoy.

It happened again?

Can't be possible

ETA--I apologize for the complete :porked: Hopefully we can return to the regular scheduled programming as the above should be clearly settled. I'll add that I'm shocked to see MJD go that low. Similarly saw Grant go incredibly low (3.4 and 3.10) in some drafts as well.
I hope that was therapeutic to say you were wrong. Btw, here are ADP results from MFL for keeper leagues. This is from 14-16 drafts so far this year (141 listed up top, but most are rookie drafts)

Moss is the #1 WR listed

Enjoy.
So, where exactly are these 14-16 drafts coming from since I listed 17 (all from MFL as well) where he was only taken 1st 3 times. Something is not being factored in here because these 17 drafts I listed (more than your sample), if taken on average would not have him as the #1 taken.

WTF!!! How did this turn into a Moss thread???

I'm in a redraft 0.5 PPR and I'm thinking of taking MJD and MBIII at the ten spot turn. I can't see how he's dropping that far in PPR leagues. Dude finished top 5 RB in each of the last two seasons in this league. I think he's a lock for top 10 even with the RBBC and will contend for RB1 overall if something should happen to Freddy T.

WTF!!! How did this turn into a Moss thread???I'm in a redraft 0.5 PPR and I'm thinking of taking MJD and MBIII at the ten spot turn. I can't see how he's dropping that far in PPR leagues. Dude finished top 5 RB in each of the last two seasons in this league. I think he's a lock for top 10 even with the RBBC and will contend for RB1 overall if something should happen to Freddy T.
It doesn't take much for a hijack. I'm with you, I was planning on taking MJD right around the turn (redraft). That is why I was asking about his value because if I can get him in the third consistently, well that would open up a lot of trading options.

Our dynasty(PPR) draft just started, and I ended up with MJD with the 1.10. I didn't really expect him to be there, and was originally hoping Bush would fall to 1.10; however, Bush was taken at 1.09. These two guys seem to have about the same value in PPR right now. I actually preferred Bush barely, but I think MJD has the ultimate PPR upside, so I'm in no way dissapointed. I've seen MJD usually go 1.6 to 1.9 as others have stated in most start-up dynasty drafts. If he falls to the 3rd round then none of the people your playing with understand the concept of PPR, and they certainly don't visit the footballguys site very often ;)

On the other topic of this thread, I took Andre Johnson with the 1.15 ahead of Wayne and Moss who I had ranked about the same. I originally had Moss as my WR#1, but getting MJD made me look a little more towards the future than I had planned. Slight differences like these change the experts opinions too. Depending who they pick in the 1st Round they may no longer feel Moss is the right choice even though they had him ranked #1. If you get a guy like Westbrook or LT2 then Moss or Wayne should be the obvious choice. With a guy like MJD you should probably consider AJ, Fitz, or Braylon, although I think Braylon is a considerably riskier pick.

TheFanatic: You're being a major dbag. Please stop. It's clearly reasonable for Moss to go as the top wr. Moss is the #1 wr in 15% of drafts you posted. It is not enough to call it an outlier. You don't like him as such that's fine - different strokes for different folks.

I don't think MJD is getting the attention he should because he started off a bit slow. At least that's my only explanation.

TheFanatic: You're being a major dbag. Please stop. It's clearly reasonable for Moss to go as the top wr. Moss is the #1 wr in 15% of drafts you posted. It is not enough to call it an outlier. You don't like him as such that's fine - different strokes for different folks.I don't think MJD is getting the attention he should because he started off a bit slow. At least that's my only explanation.
Hey, you're the one name calling. If I'm a dbag for arguing my point, what does that make you?

TheFanatic: You're being a major dbag. Please stop. It's clearly reasonable for Moss to go as the top wr. Moss is the #1 wr in 15% of drafts you posted. It is not enough to call it an outlier. You don't like him as such that's fine - different strokes for different folks.I don't think MJD is getting the attention he should because he started off a bit slow. At least that's my only explanation.
Hey, you're the one name calling. If I'm a dbag for arguing my point, what does that make you?
:lmao:

It makes me an annoyed poster. It's pretty clear you were in the wrong. It's not a big deal as we're all incorrect from time to time (I swore Coles was going to be virtually worthless going into last season). But to refuse to drop the issue when it is CLEARLY shown you don't have much of a leg to stand on is just asinine. You took a thread about Maurice Jones-Drew and turned into a thread about Randy Moss. Different player, different team and different position. Congratulations. And now I've contributing to the hijack as well. :( Back to MJD, I'm not familiar with PPG leagues but the guy caught 40 passes last year...that doesn't seem to be a huge amount but it looks to be relatively normal. Portis, McGahee, Barber and Addai all had about the same number. Maybe this was just an isolated incident as some players are always forgotten about during drafts.In the two mocks you've done, were they with different people each time?

MJD went 1.07 in a recent startup draft -- the guy with the 1.11 traded up for him. Seems about right for him.

PS - TheFanatic seems kinda nutty.

Users who are viewing this thread