What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NAACP leader outed as white & doing Soul Man routine (1 Viewer)

This is all so confusing. Can someone please tell me if I am outraged or not?
if you really dislike Caitlyn Jenner OR if you think white people are victims OR if you listen to Rush Limbaugh then you are outraged.
:confused:

I see all the conservatives on this site and other sites laughing their ase off. No outrage.

I would think it would be the opposite. Some people on the Left and some African-Americans might be outraged over a white lady pretending to be black because the appearance she took on is kind of the equivalent of donning blackface.
I'm far from an expert on the subject, but there's some overlap between black twitter and NBA twitter and from what I could tell last night black twitter thought it was ####ing hilarious. Or at least the people who talk about the NBA a lot thought that. :shrug:
Holy sh8t. There's a Black Twitter? ####### it, I'm always the last to know these things.

if you really dislike Caitlyn Jenner OR if you think white people are victims OR if you listen to Rush Limbaugh then you are outraged.

I see all the conservatives on this site and other sites laughing their ase off. No outrage.

I would think it would be the opposite. Some people on the Left and some African-Americans might be outraged over a white lady pretending to be black because the appearance she took on is kind of the equivalent of donning blackface.
I'm far from an expert on the subject, but there's some overlap between black twitter and NBA twitter and from what I could tell last night black twitter thought it was ####ing hilarious. Or at least the people who talk about the NBA a lot thought that. :shrug:
Yeah, I haven't seen any outrage over this, and I've seen plenty of black people online laughing their ase off too. Finding this story hilarious seems to be universal.

I'm just saying that if someone were to be offended or outraged, I'd imagine there's a greater chance that person is black or Liberal than white or Conservative.
Could this be the link where left and right, black and white,and NBA fans and non-NBA fans all come together?
:bowtie: :fro: :hifive: :suds:

:confused: I see all the conservatives on this site and other sites laughing their ase off. No outrage.

Holy sh8t. There's a Black Twitter? ####### it, I'm always the last to know these things.
No kidding. Is there a secret knock needed to get in?

Yeah, I haven't seen any outrage over this, and I've seen plenty of black people online laughing their ase off too. Finding this story hilarious seems to be universal.

I'm just saying that if someone were to be offended or outraged, I'd imagine there's a greater chance that person is black or Liberal than white or Conservative.
Could this be the link where left and right, black and white, and NBA fans and non-NBA fans all come together?
Sadly, no. I almost posted in the NBA thread the other night but didn't want a blue star reminding me that I had done so, so I deleted it.

It's going to be another 300 years. At least.

:confused: I see all the conservatives on this site and other sites laughing their ase off. No outrage.

No kidding. Is there a secret knock needed to get in?
kind of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIeSsk2ls2o

I just saw someone post something on Facebook about "wrongskin" as this is actually a thing like transgender is. :shock:

I swear this world is turning into one big Onion article.

If someone committed a hate crime against her but she isn't really black, is it still a hate crime?

I mean there must be some objective way to determine if crime is an extra special worse crime other than what the person committing it was thinking at the time, right?

If the hypothetical perpetrator realized he no longer hates her because she is white now, should his sentence be reduced?
Johnny: I met a black woman today...

Audience: How black was she!

There's a Twitter for everything. Ever heard of TCOT (Top Conservatives On Twitter)? Fantastic source of unintentional comedy.

Black Twitter even has its own wikipedia entry.

Could this be the link where left and right, black and white, and NBA fans and non-NBA fans all come together?
Sadly, no. I almost posted in the NBA thread the other night but didn't want a blue star reminding me that I had done so, so I deleted it.

Sounds like yet another win-win! What a great Friday we're having here.

Yeah, I haven't seen any outrage over this, and I've seen plenty of black people online laughing their ase off too. Finding this story hilarious seems to be universal.I'm just saying that if someone were to be offended or outraged, I'd imagine there's a greater chance that person is black or Liberal than white or Conservative.
Could this be the link where left and right, black and white,and NBA fans and non-NBA fans all come together?
Could be. I've been laughing my ### off all day about this, as have a lot of my Liberal and black friends. I can't get that "Call Me Shaniqua" Vanity Fair picture out of my head.CNN, NSNBC and especially Fox News are going to be must watch television tonight.

Sounds like yet another win-win! What a great Friday we're having here.
It's amazing how much sense you make in that thread. I couldn't possibly bring myself to do anything to compromise your one shining moment.

What if she self-identifies as a black woman? :shrug:
Not the same thing
Why?

If someone self-identifies as african-american, just feels as though they're African-American even though their genetics and physical make-up are in opposition to that feeling yet they still identify themselves AS african american and demand both your recommendation and accommodation based on nothing more than what is in their own mind, their own personal truth.... how, logically, is that different than the argument made by a trans gender?
But that's not what this woman is doing. She is portraying herself as being physically "black" when she isn't. Nor is there anything to suggest that she should identify as being AA "culturally".

This isn't a Bruce Jenner situation. This is more like a Bosom Buddies deal.
Naw this lady is all in. Apparently she has been black for 9 years, has a degree in African Studies and 4 adopted black siblings. I say after 9 years the fake it till you make it rule applies. She has passed the statute of limitations.

But that's not what this woman is doing. She is portraying herself as being physically "black" when she isn't. Nor is there anything to suggest that she should identify as being AA "culturally".

There's nothing to suggest that she would identify to being black "culturally"? You mean beside the fact of holding herself out to the world as black, working as an NAACP head, and pretending a black man is a father instead of the white man that is her father? Well, she also went to college at Howard University. I'm not sure how much more you need.

There's nothing to suggest that she would identify to being black "culturally"? You mean beside the fact of holding herself out to the world as black, working as an NAACP head, and pretending a black man is a father instead of the white man that is her father? Well, she also went to college at Howard University. I'm not sure how much more you need.
Can she dance?

Can she dance?
She once led her entire class in a rendition of the African Anteater dance.

Kind of ironic that she felt she had more opportunity in the world of academia as a black woman than as a white woman.

I've got a buddy that was born in Africa.......white as snow.

He's more African American than this lady

Kind of ironic that she felt she had more opportunity in the world of academia as a black woman than as a white woman.
We can speculate, but we don't really know how she felt. There may have been the motivation to benefit from affirmative action, but this was such a sick charade it seems a little too extreme for that.

This reminds me, when I was in college, I was THIS close to convincing a girl I was black. She was a white girl who, in her words, "only dates black guys." (college was the best; I miss it so). I had her convinced that my father was black, and my mom was white, and my little brother just got all the melanin in our family. It wasn't until my roommate walked in on us making out that he got to the bottom of the story and busted my charade. (only in college was it completely acceptable to c*ockblock your buddy, and you could all laugh hysterically over it. Have I mentioned that I miss college?).
the rules in your college re c blocking were vastly different than mine

also, :lmao: at you being black

Mark Lamont Hill on CNN - "It's the ultimate exercise in white privilege to say, "I'm going to be black for a while".

Mark Lamont Hill on CNN - "It's the ultimate exercise in white privilege to say, "I'm going to be black for a while".
Marc has issues. These were his takes on Bruce Jenner's big coming out...

- Between the Vanity Fair spread and "she's so pretty" convos, we've smuggled in the same old cis/Eurocentric narratives about womanhood.

- If we only celebrate and welcome Caitlyn Jenner bc she conforms to tradition cis/and European standards of beauty, we are making a mistake.

You see... it's because Bruce is the European standard of attractive woman.

- Between the Vanity Fair spread and "she's so pretty" convos, we've smuggled in the same old cis/Eurocentric narratives about womanhood.

- If we only celebrate and welcome Caitlyn Jenner bc she conforms to tradition cis/and European standards of beauty, we are making a mistake.

That means no butt right?

That means no butt right?
Yup. And really bad teeth.

So is he saying it's easier for whites to act black than for blacks to act white?
I think he's saying it's convenient for a white person to be black when they want, without having to go through an entire life of it.
So when Michael Jackson started to turn white, was that white privilege as well? Just trying to figure this out.

So is he saying it's easier for whites to act black than for blacks to act white?
I think he's saying it's convenient for a white person to be black when they want, without having to go through an entire life of it.
So when Michael Jackson started to turn white, was that white privilege as well? Just trying to figure this out.
you're not doing very well at it

Geez...

Users who are viewing this thread