What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NCAA Hockey (2 Viewers)

It's pretty unbelievable that the defending national champions couldn't even get on one of ESPN's 27 broadcast channels.

Providence clinging to life, last 6 min of OT was almost entirely in their zone.  UMD like all season has no scoring touch.

The worst thing about OT hockey at NCAA tourney is the fact there are no beer sales. I spent a long sobering day in Green Bay one year watching DU go 2 OT's against Western Michigan. 

The worst thing about OT hockey at NCAA tourney is the fact there are no beer sales. I spent a long sobering day in Green Bay one year watching DU go 2 OT's against Western Michigan. 
at a minimum you'd think they'd have different rules in Wisconsin

At least Bulldogs got the early game and can get a bit of rest before tomorrow - maybe BC will go 3 OTs

I like to think I'm beyond needing booze to have fun, but it really is awful, OT or not.

They definitely had beer in the suites at the Garden last year for the FF. Not sure if people snuck it in or what. I just sat a few feet away and cried.

Pretty wild D3 national semifinal going on in Lake Placid.

UMass-Boston took a 3-1 lead after one. St. Norbert scored six unanswered in the second and led 7-3 after two. UMass-Boston scored four unanswered in the third, tying it with a little over a minute left to force OT.

what a brutal defensive game, so many mistakes.  awful performance for Cloud, this was their best shot ever for a title

A little more than halfway through Pioneers on top of BU 4-0. Dylan Gambrell with a sweet goal that will lift his draft stock

Yale/Umass-Lowell 2-2 at end of regulation. Watching the stream on ESPN3. Good game, but Umass-Lowell looks stronger on offense overall while Yale might be stronger on defense and in goal. 

Lots of turnovers in neutral ice compared the NHL, which is to be expected, I guess.

eta* Umass wins. Joe Gambardella got the game-tying goal in the the third and the game-winner in overtime. Apparently not even a big-time goal scorer. But he did play a great game.   

Last edited by a moderator:
Was at Albany for the RIT/Quin tilt. The Quinipiac goalie, Geralt(sp) is the real deal. Stole a few few today. Will be interesting to watch them vs Lowell tomorrow.

Hockey East who dominated the pairwise most of the year getting exposed in this tourney 
I've long believed that it is possible to "game" the PairWise through noncon scheduling, much like the MVC and others figured out how to work the RPI in college hoops. Of course, RPI remains a big part of the PWR soup ... In fact, one of the biggest, since it also is the tiebreaker.

I've long believed that it is possible to "game" the PairWise through noncon scheduling, much like the MVC and others figured out how to work the RPI in college hoops. Of course, RPI remains a big part of the PWR soup ... In fact, one of the biggest, since it also is the tiebreaker.
It's a terrible system. The biggest flaws are the non conference weights - the non-conference schedules happen in the first few weeks of the season when some teams are just starting to build new lines combos and it hurts the teams that are reloading with young talent - no other college sports season is as long and a team can be very different in October vs March but those October games mean more. And the other non conference window happens at Christmas/New Years when good teams are affected by WJC. A mediocre team in some conference beats a name team in a tourney and they get all sorts of comparison points. When that mediocre team gets beat in conference play come January/Feb the other teams in the conference start gaining comparison points against the other conferences. It becomes self feeding to give one conference a lot of power. Not only that but a team loses a upper level conference game in a tough 4-2 game on a late flukey goal and an empty netter gets no consideration in the loss department - might as well as lost 10-1 while another team beats a team around 20 TUC and they jump up and all the comparison points change along with it.

I actually thought Hockey East was pretty strong this year but they have not looked good in the tourney.  even BC who is loaded with talent got outplayed for large stretches against Harvard and Duluth IMO.

still, with Anas playing hurt Quinnipiac is very vulnerable and with a Lowell win they end up with two in the Frozen Four and one in the championship.

Bill Brasky said:
FI actually thought Hockey East was pretty strong this year but they have not looked good in the tourney.  even BC who is loaded with talent got outplayed for large stretches against Harvard and Duluth IMO.

still, with Anas playing hurt Quinnipiac is very vulnerable and with a Lowell win they end up with two in the Frozen Four and one in the championship.
Agree Hockey East is always strong - but you get 6 teams spread across all the regions and you can get them lined up for one to finish in the final. NCHC should have been in the same boat but SCSU really stunk up St. Paul. So hopefully the Pioneers can get to Tampa instead. 

Agree Hockey East is always strong - but you get 6 teams spread across all the regions and you can get them lined up for one to finish in the final. NCHC should have been in the same boat but SCSU really stunk up St. Paul. So hopefully the Pioneers can get to Tampa instead. 
no way DU plays as bad as SCSU did yesterday.  you almost have to try to make that many defensive mistakes.  DU UND would be a fantastic semi-final game.

Off to a good start 1-0 -  6 minutes in. PP goal Heinen - will have to enjoy his work as it looks like Bruins are putting pressure on for him to leave.

Users who are viewing this thread