What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Need Help - Naming Our Larger Footballguys Community (1 Viewer)

One of the better digs that one of my leaguemates nicknamed another leaguemate who was making terrible trade offers was Mills Fleece Farm. That will be lost on anyone that doesn't have ties to the upper midwest, but Fleece Farm could work for the name of the Assistant Coach Forum.

Hi Folks,

My friends at The FantasyFootballers call their subscribers "The Footclan". And that's fun.
Trying to emulate the FantasyFootballers is a slippery slope. I subscribed to their draft package last season, but by Week 5 i was back with FootballGuys

I felt they were trying harder to be my "bro" than to provide quality content

Now get off my lawn!
I like Footballers and they do some good work that's sometimes helpful for fantasy football. The vibe I get is that they're in the entertainment business more than the business of football. I'm not sure if they have a forum, but I'm certain that I wouldn't like it as well as footballguys.

Hi Folks,

Need some help. I'd like to have a fun, clear, clever name that we can call our Footballguys Community for all our subscribers. Not just this forum. I"m talking about the larger community that is all the people who purchase a Footballguys Premium Subscription or join the Footballguys Daily Email Update mailing list.

My friends at The FantasyFootballers call their subscribers "The Footclan". And that's fun.

I'd like something for us. Sometimes you see it with music bands where the community has names like "Deadheads" for the Grateful Dead or a fun one I discovered yesterday with "Sheerios" for fans of Ed Sheeran.

Ideally, it would be something that flows easily when I ask people to "Join the __________".

We've used several over the years sort of informally. Shark Pool (for this forum), Footballguys Family and such. But wondering if we could do better.

Throw out ideas you have here. Or PM me if you want to keep it private.

If we use your idea, we'll give away a 1 year Hall Of Fame Premium subscription. If multiple people enter the same name that wins, the person who sends it in first wins.

Thanks!
My immediate reaction was "new Coke". You/We have the name. Footballguys.

There is no improving that.

This is a family, with all the good, bad, love and insanity that comes along with it.

"Ideally, it would be something that flows easily when I ask people to 'Join the Footballguys Family'."

If you convert everyone to Vikings fans you can use my username. Or maybe just use The Asylum. Come strap on your strait jacket and join as as we lose our fricken' minds trying to master fantasy foosball.

When a woman hangs out with a group of men, and is genuinely accepted and respected as an equal, be it by skill, talent, education, or even general 'coolness', she's commonly referred to, with an unmistakeble positive connotation as...

"One of the guys"

In our case: footballguys.

Game. Set. Match.

With all due respect, names like the foot clan or sickos is pretty lame.
I agree. I'm older, and don't have such a burning need to belong that I need a nickname to be part of a group. It's like when radio stations had nicknames for their listeners. Felt a little embarrassing to be lumped into that group.

Most of the people here try to supplement your content with honest insight and are generally helpful with news and advice. It's like we're all on the same side.

"Join the Team."

Random Shotters? :banned:

Fiber Bragg Graters? linky
A group of sharks is apparently called a Shiver :shark:

FBG Frenzy? (like a feeding frenzy)

FBG Galaxy?

-QG

I can get behind “Frenzy”.

Welcome to the Frenzy. Join the Frenzy.

Come be a part of the Frenzy.
To emphasize the community aspect we could use this but as The Friendsy. Just don't get handsy because that's a little TOO Friendsy.

When a woman hangs out with a group of men, and is genuinely accepted and respected as an equal, be it by skill, talent, education, or even general 'coolness', she's commonly referred to, with an unmistakeble positive connotation as...

"One of the guys"

In our case: footballguys.

Game. Set. Match.
I think you may be on to something - "Just One Of The Footballguys" has a bit of a ring.

And I'm sure Joyce Hyser and Billy Jacoby aren't doing much these days and might be willing to be celebrity spokespeople.

I agree. I'm older, and don't have such a burning need to belong that I need a nickname to be part of a group. It's like when radio stations had nicknames for their listeners. Felt a little embarrassing to be lumped into that group.

Most of the people here try to supplement your content with honest insight and are generally helpful with news and advice. It's like we're all on the same side.

"Join the Team."

That one feels like a natural. Thanks.

Without over thinking it, footballguys is the community. We are all a bunch of footballguys. Come join the Footballguys community. Yes, it's too on brand, but it is also descriptive. :shrug:

The “F-guys” ?
Bryant’s Brigade?
Ball boys?

"Join the Team."

The disconnect might be that we think you feel there could be an improvement on "Footballguys".

I don't think any of the users think that there are different levels here.
You are on the site you are a Footballguy.

"Join the Team."

FantasyFreuds, we provide the best analysis so you wont slip. Come join us on the couch!

Joe,

With all due respect, after 25 years now you need a name? Footclan is fine as are Matt Harmon's "sickos" but the truth is the inclusivity of this group does not require a name (that is, unless you feel you are losing users to these other "branded" message boards). We all have our teams, our politics, our music preferences on this board without it being anything more that "FBG message board". We still refer to the "olden times" as "Ole Yellow" and you have 40K people on the board (even though maybe 5 K of them are General Malaise alter egos).

Anyhow, I don't think it needs a "brand name". To me it's the OG Board. Everything else is either dead or came after this one.

Listen to this man, JB.

When Super Elite Maximum Tier folks deign to impart their wisdom, it's wise to pay heed.
What does it take to make it to the “Super Elite Maximum Tier”? 🤔

The Guyiverse
Joes in the Knows
KnowJoes
JoeBros
Joe'sBros
Joeys, as in kangaroos.
Blacled Eyed Joeys
The FBG CIA (Cool Intelligent Assembly)
I Know Joes (Think G.I. Joes)

Footballguys is already about as good as it can be. Guys is a gender neutral term, though some relate it to men. Slight variations could be -

Footballyall
Football4all

"Join the Team."

The disconnect might be that we think you feel there could be an improvement on "Footballguys".

I don't think any of the users think that there are different levels here.
You are on the site you are a Footballguy.

Not a disconnect. I asked folks if they thought there might be a better term.

It seems for this audience, the answer to the question is "no".

Which is great. And why I asked.

Users who are viewing this thread