What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Need help on how to use Search (1 Viewer)

Leo2228

Footballguy
I am trying to look up any topic about Drafting from the 1.8 (8 spot first round ) Can"t seam to find any topic

I think the search engine needs four characters to work. That's why it is hard to serach on numbers. For the "slots" thread I searched on words like "drafting", "pick", "spot" and I used "search titles only"

I like the search engine, but I find it is far more useful when I am looking for a thread I know exists, opposed to looking to see if a topic was previously created.

If one was curious about Parcells and T.O., what do you search for?

- Parcells in the thread topic

- Cowboys in the thread topic

- T.O. in the thread topic

- Owens in the thread topic

- Jones in the thread topic

:shrug:

I like the search engine, but I find it is far more useful when I am looking for a thread I know exists, opposed to looking to see if a topic was previously created.If one was curious about Parcells and T.O., what do you search for? - Parcells in the thread topic- Cowboys in the thread topic- T.O. in the thread topic- Owens in the thread topic- Jones in the thread topic:shrug:
Bad example. There will always be a TO thread on page 1. :)Seriously,I'd probably do: Parcells/thread, then Parcells/message. For the latter, you could probably tell from thread title if it was worth your time to click on it.

I find the search function to be the feature that is MOST in need of repair on this entire site. The silly 4-letter minimum is crippling when the main subject being searched has a HUGE # of abbreviations and short terms. But the forums are free (Thanks Joe & David) and so full of valid info that I just learned to live with it.

Users who are viewing this thread