What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFC Championship GB@Seattle (1 Viewer)

Ghost Rider said:
Sabertooth said:
Ghost Rider said:
Burnett deserves a lot of blame, too. Unless going down ends the game in real terms (meaning you can 100% run the clock out with kneel downs), you never piss away a scoring opportunity and fall to the ground like that. In essence, that INT was them pressing the foot on the throats of the Seahawks, and Burnett going down was releasing the pressure and giving them life again, when returning the pick could have given them an insurmountable lead. If I were a Packers fan, the Bostick bumble would definitely hurt the most, but Burnett would be 1b.
I always assumed The defense was told to go down if they picked the ball. Peppers was motioning h to go Down and McCarthy said he didn't disagree with that.
Then that's bad coaching. In a game where scoring was at a premium, you don't piss away a scoring opportunity. But they did, which I guess is why they aren't playing today.
Not bad coaching, bad assumption on Sabertooth's part. I would like to see any evidence or past instances where that occurred.

McCarthy said he didn't disagree with the decision to go down. So I guess he's a bad coach. I think my assumption that it was discussed prior to the play is certainly plausible.

I do feel bad for Bostick, he made a huge mistake he will never forget.

No way he makes the team this year, GB will let him go and he will have a chance at a fresh start elsewhere.
If Bostick is not on the team next season it won't be because of one play or one game. He looked great in August, then broke his leg and was never able to get on the field over Quarless or Rodgers, despite looking like the best of the three TEs "on paper." He never made it all the way back from the injury and never gained the coachs' trust, finished the season as a special teams ham n egger with very few snaps played from scrimmage. It's similarly wrong to think Slocum was scapegoated due to one play or one game. In 9 years, his teams have often been among the worst in the league (per ratings established by the Dallas Morning News special teams formula, not that TT cares about that), never been among the best at anything.

I agree with Alex. I used to think McCarthy was a great coach. He's not. Belichick is a great coach. His team fought to the very end. If the Packers had that kind of killer instinct they'd have won this Super Bowl. They didn't and failed because of it. I hope watching a team he beat win the Super Bowl gives McCarthy some perspective on that, but seeing how he thinks he's infallible I doubt it will. He's not going to do what needs to be done and can Capers. Slocum was a surprise to me to be honest. I'm glad he did it.

Oh well, hopefully the Packers get another shot at the Super Bowl within the next 10 years or so.

I agree with Alex. I used to think McCarthy was a great coach. He's not. Belichick is a great coach. His team fought to the very end. If the Packers had that kind of killer instinct they'd have won this Super Bowl. They didn't and failed because of it. I hope watching a team he beat win the Super Bowl gives McCarthy some perspective on that, but seeing how he thinks he's infallible I doubt it will. He's not going to do what needs to be done and can Capers. Slocum was a surprise to me to be honest. I'm glad he did it.

Oh well, hopefully the Packers get another shot at the Super Bowl within the next 10 years or so.
And last week Carroll was being praised for being an aggressive coach. Monday morning QBing is easy.

Bevell is so overrated as a OC. He was largely a failure in Minnesota but had one run with FAvre there.

Last year, the defense mostly won it for the Seahawks as the offense was just average.

This year the offense put up pretty good numbers but that IMO was largely due to Wilson maturing. As a person who watched every down of every Seahawks game this year I can tell you that A LOT of Seattle's big plays were directly the result of Russell Wilson saving busted plays with his escapability. They had countless big plays that should have been big losses if not for incredible plays by Wilson.

In the NFC championship game, the offense was bland and completely ineffective for most of the game. In this game, there was some decent calls but the offense still stalled a lot and Wilson still made the best of bad play calls at times.

Bevell overthinks things and doesn't stay with what is effective at times. He really should be fired because he simply lost that game for the players and then threw Lockette under the bus.

I believe Wilson is one of the best Qb's in the game and Lynch may be the best RB. Despite that, the Seahawks offense has never really played consistently well.

Alex P Keaton said:
NOW I finally feel slightly better about this game.
Maybe...but thinking GB would have had a great shot at a title if they had played in that game.
We already knew that. Given that we had already beaten the Pats. I hear you.....but watching Seattle botch it that badly was mildly - just mildly - therapeutic.
It was kind of that way all the way through the NFC bracket of the playoffs. Detroit loses to Dallas in large part due to incompetent officiating. Then Dallas loses to Green Bay in part because of the catch that wasn't. So maybe that makes Detroit feel better. Then the Packers throw up all over themselves in the last 4 minutes against after dominating for 56 minutes. I'm sure Cowboys fans loved that. Now Seattle loses in just as painful of a way, if not worse. So that makes us feel a little better.

In the end only 1 teams fans be happy, but this postseason was pretty painful for a lot of fans.

Alex P Keaton said:
NOW I finally feel slightly better about this game.
Maybe...but thinking GB would have had a great shot at a title if they had played in that game.
We already knew that. Given that we had already beaten the Pats. I hear you.....but watching Seattle botch it that badly was mildly - just mildly - therapeutic.
It was kind of that way all the way through the NFC bracket of the playoffs. Detroit loses to Dallas in large part due to incompetent officiating. Then Dallas loses to Green Bay in part because of the catch that wasn't. So maybe that makes Detroit feel better. Then the Packers throw up all over themselves in the last 4 minutes against after dominating for 56 minutes. I'm sure Cowboys fans loved that. Now Seattle loses in just as painful of a way, if not worse. So that makes us feel a little better.

In the end only 1 teams fans be happy, but this postseason was pretty painful for a lot of fans.
Yeah, almost like the NFC was cursed after Jerry Jones paid for a victory vs Detroit.......

And last week Carroll was being praised for being an aggressive coach. Monday morning QBing is easy.
Really? I thought it was more that McCarthy was being lampooned for turtling up and trying to sneak out with a win. Which were the aggressive plays he was being praised for?

Users who are viewing this thread