What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFL 2011 Kickoff - Green Bay v. New Orleans Game Thread (2 Viewers)

Jennings caught the pass yet he doesn't get credit and they tke the penalty instead?
That's how it's being shown in CBS' stats. Jennings can't be happy about that
I didn't get a good look at it, maybe it was close in terms of being in bounds, if you take the penalty it can't be challenged. Just a thought.
If it's challenged and reversed, they can still change their mind and take the penalty.
Hmm, didn't know that. Makes sense though.

Jennings caught the pass yet he doesn't get credit and they tke the penalty instead?
That's how it's being shown in CBS' stats. Jennings can't be happy about that
I didn't get a good look at it, maybe it was close in terms of being in bounds, if you take the penalty it can't be challenged. Just a thought.
If it's challenged and reversed, they can still change their mind and take the penalty.
Hmm, didn't know that. Makes sense though.
It's fixed.

Lesson I'm learning right now...buy Starks at whatever cost. Grant has had maybe one carry this half?

Last edited by a moderator:
NOT a great game for an old curmudgeon who likes to see tough defense and a semblence of a running game. 35% rush vs. 65% pass, 70+ points. this is not my NFL. time to sell my seat license to a twenty-something yuppie who'll enjoy the 21st century NFL more than me.

How to tell your special teams sucks: the league moves the KO line up 5 yards and you're still kicking short kicks to protect a lead.

We are just beating up a very good Saints team.
The Saints are a fine offensive team, and they'll be a playoff contender because they can score so many points. But their defense was awful last year and they certainly haven't looked any better tonight. With Atlanta a very good team and Tampa getting better, I think New Orleans will be on the cusp of the playoffs all year long and may not get in. 9-7, perhaps 10-6.

Becoming very clear that James Starks is indeed the guy in Green Bay. Pretty much confirmation of that tonight. He's been in for about 80% of the snaps I'd guess.

NOT a great game for an old curmudgeon who likes to see tough defense and a semblence of a running game. 35% rush vs. 65% pass, 70+ points. this is not my NFL. time to sell my seat license to a twenty-something yuppie who'll enjoy the 21st century NFL more than me.
Herminated.

I think Grant and Starks is a full blown RBBC all year unless one of them gets hurt. I don't think either one is worth more than an RB3 at this point. Just too unpredictable.

I think Grant and Starks is a full blown RBBC all year unless one of them gets hurt. I don't think either one is worth more than an RB3 at this point. Just too unpredictable.
Yup. if your forced to put one of them in your lineup you just have to hope to get lucky and guess the right week, hope they get a TD.

Users who are viewing this thread