What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFL Week 1 wagering thread (1 Viewer)

Routilla

Footballguy
I like in no particular order:

BAL -10 vs KC

MIN -3.5 @ CLE

N.O. -13 vs DET

DAL -5 @ TB

NE -10.5 vs BUF

SD -9 @ OAK

i like:

carolina plus 1 at home vs. the eagles.

the eagles are banged up and are 0-4 on the road in the past 2 septembers.

i like carolina to win this game straight up (obviously).

i like:carolina plus 1 at home vs. the eagles.the eagles are banged up and are 0-4 on the road in the past 2 septembers. i like carolina to win this game straight up (obviously).
Interesting. That is the one game I am staying away from.

was just researching this...here's what I have:

Falcons -4 (vs. Miami)

Vikings -4 (@ Cleveland)

Giants -6.5 (vs. Washington)

Patriots -10.5 (vs. Buffalo)***

***I really, really like the Pats

Rarely do I like road favorites who are a TD+ favorite, especially this early in the season. Seems like 9 is a lot to give in week one at Oakland.

Baltimore should roll KC but again, that's a lot of points this early to give. I usually lay off these early weeks but I might drop a few beats in here and there. Seahawks -7 seems like a good play.

Last edited by a moderator:
i like:carolina plus 1 at home vs. the eagles.the eagles are banged up and are 0-4 on the road in the past 2 septembers. i like carolina to win this game straight up (obviously).
Interesting. That is the one game I am staying away from.
Confounding the "experts", Philly runs the ball 30+ times and beats Carolina at their own game with time of possession.Carolina is the one that is banged up, not Philly. The Eagles lost their MLB but on the first day of Training Camp. Carolina has 3 DTs and they're not very good. Philly is piecing together their starting OL, which has yet to play together - but that's not that big of an issue when you consider that it is just preseason reps anyway.The Eagles will study the AZ/CAR game from last year and bring pressure on Delhomme. I expect it to be a bad opening day for Carolina unless they can pick up a lot of big gains on the ground. My money would be on the Eagles (despite their historically poor starts under Andy Reid).Also for Carolina, Beason is banged up and not necessarily at full strength. Same for one of their starting DBs whose name escapes me right now.

was just researching this...here's what I have:Falcons -4 (vs. Miami)Vikings -4 (@ Cleveland)Giants -6.5 (vs. Washington)Patriots -10.5 (vs. Buffalo)******I really, really like the Pats
I completely agree with the Vikings and Giants. I actually like Miami over Atlanta.SD -9 @Oakland seems like the best bet to me, its either them or the Vikings.Arizona -6 vs. San Fran is another one I like.

Falcons -4 (vs. Miami)

Vikings -4 (@ Cleveland)

Another one I'm staying away from. I could see either team winning by 10 points.

BAL -10 vs KC

MIN -3.5 @ CLE

N.O. -13 vs DET

DAL -5 @ TB

NE -10.5 vs BUF

SD -9 @ OAK
That is the game I am keying on. The Bills can't score and the Patriots are going to put up at least 28 points.Pats - 34

Bills -13

BAL -10 vs KC

MIN -3.5 @ CLE

N.O. -13 vs DET

DAL -5 @ TB

NE -10.5 vs BUF

SD -9 @ OAK
That is the game I am keying on. The Bills can't score and the Patriots are going to put up at least 28 points.Pats - 34

Bills -13
The thing about the Pats is that BB is such a *******, he'll keep throwing bombs to Moss even if they're up 28...lock city.

Things I like:

1. Home dogs

2. Teams getting 6+ points vs a division rival

3. Big underdogs in week one (expect the unexpected)

My 3 team parlay:

Rams + 7.5 at Seahawks (my favorite pick of the week)

49ers + 6.5 at Arizona

Raiders +9 vs San Diego

:shrug:

Rarely do I like road favorites who are a TD+ favorite, especially this early in the season. Seems like 9 is a lot to give in week one at Oakland. Baltimore should roll KC but again, that's a lot of points this early to give. I usually lay off these early weeks but I might drop a few beats in here and there. Seahawks -7 seems like a good play.
Just to provide the other side of this point, i actually LOVE the early season lines and do most of my heavy moves in weeks 1,2 and 3. I dont know if its the books setting strange lines as they begin to understand the makeup of various teams, or if its their reaction to the betting public being scattered early in the year (maybe some homerism in the betting patterns). Either way, i've found a lot of success early in the NFL season.That said, my early take is Pats -10.5, Vikings -4.5, and o45.5 in CHi-GB

Rarely do I like road favorites who are a TD+ favorite, especially this early in the season. Seems like 9 is a lot to give in week one at Oakland.

Baltimore should roll KC but again, that's a lot of points this early to give. I usually lay off these early weeks but I might drop a few beats in here and there. Seahawks -7 seems like a good play.
Just to provide the other side of this point, i actually LOVE the early season lines and do most of my heavy moves in weeks 1,2 and 3. I dont know if its the books setting strange lines as they begin to understand the makeup of various teams, or if its their reaction to the betting public being scattered early in the year (maybe some homerism in the betting patterns). Either way, i've found a lot of success early in the NFL season.
I tend to agree here. Although it's been years since I've done any wagering, I always found the early season lines to be very advantageous and a great way to build your bankroll. It's October when you have to be careful. Just when you think you have somebody figured out they bite you one way or the other.

Can some list em all? Totals as well. I'm stuck at work and those sites are blocked.

Falcons -4 (vs. Miami)

Vikings -4 (@ Cleveland)

Another one I'm staying away from. I could see either team winning by 10 points.
yeah, of the four, I like this one the least. Giants are definitely a better football team and they're in their own house so I have it as a decent but not great play. The Pats game will make or break my week, as I've hammered it.

SD -9 @Oakland seems like the best bet to me, its either them or the Vikings.Arizona -6 vs. San Fran is another one I like.
Oakland has moments in their own house and I think they're a bit better than they've shown in the preseason. Nine is a lot of points for a homedog vs. a division rival.SF plays AZ very tough recently and AZ looked pretty bad in the preseason. If you put a gun to my head I'd probably still take AZ, but there are better plays this week so I'm staying away.

Things I like:1. Home dogs2. Teams getting 6+ points vs a division rival3. Big underdogs in week one (expect the unexpected)My 3 team parlay:Rams + 7.5 at Seahawks (my favorite pick of the week)49ers + 6.5 at ArizonaRaiders +9 vs San Diego:goodposting:
I like to go moneyline on dogs because if I'm betting a dog, I often believe they have a shot at winning...just a personal philosophy.Anyhow, why do you like the Rams? I hate them this week.

Can some list em all? Totals as well. I'm suck at work and those sites are blocked.
Pretty please?
USA TODAY always has lines up
Nice, I didn't know that. My Picks-Using Sports Inerction lines:

Over or under

By spread

=======================

Over

Pittsburgh

Over

Miami

Under

Kansas City

Over

Carolina

Over

Denver

Under

Minny

Under

NY Jets

Under

Jacksonville

Under

New Orleans

Over

Dallas

Under

San Fran

Over

Washington

Under

St Louis

Over

Chicago

Under

New England

Over

San Diego

i like:

Atlanta -4 i'm likin ATL to start off hot at home. this might be my least fave. of the games here, though.

Balt. -10 KC is not good. Baltimore is. game in Baltimore

Hou. -4.5 Sanchez going to Houston for 1st NFL start +Houston up and coming defense=big win for Houston

Ind. -7 Indy at home, MJD???

Sea. -7.5 Hass fresh, Seattle at home vs. a crappy Rams team

GB -3.5 i like the home team in this matchup, and Cutler + Bears might not be gelled quite yet.

NE -10.5 Buffalo has a crappy O-line. Brady is gonna be on fire.

im lookin for these home teams to prevail against lesser opponents.

Rarely do I like road favorites who are a TD+ favorite, especially this early in the season. Seems like 9 is a lot to give in week one at Oakland. Baltimore should roll KC but again, that's a lot of points this early to give. I usually lay off these early weeks but I might drop a few beats in here and there. Seahawks -7 seems like a good play.
Just to provide the other side of this point, i actually LOVE the early season lines and do most of my heavy moves in weeks 1,2 and 3. I dont know if its the books setting strange lines as they begin to understand the makeup of various teams, or if its their reaction to the betting public being scattered early in the year (maybe some homerism in the betting patterns). Either way, i've found a lot of success early in the NFL season.That said, my early take is Pats -10.5, Vikings -4.5, and o45.5 in CHi-GB
My buddy says the same thing and he cleans up in the first few weeks. I tend to do poorly because it takes a few weeks for me to get settled with all the teams.

Doctor Detroit said:
I agree. Not sure if I am totally comfortable with Baltimore laying that many points yet.

abrecher said:
Any week one trends we can look at? I'm curious if overs or unders have tended to win in the past.
Unders seem to come in the last few years. Teams hardly play their starters in the preseason.Playing a 2-team 7-point teaser big to start the season:SD -3Chi/GB over 39.5

Gordon Keith - The Greek, BetJamaica, and 5 Dimes are all highly rated books. Don't worry about big bonuses, these three are solid and will pay. The Greek and 5 Dimes also offer fantasy football props and other props.

I know that there was a thread like this in the forum occasionally last year, I'd like to bring it back and try to make it a weekly thing. I'll throw it up early in the week every week and hopefully there will be some interest. Here are some Week 1 lines, I'd love to hear what you guys like so far. A few of these looks just a little too easy... it'd be nice to avoid the traps. I'll post up my plays later this week too.

Week 1:

Titans +6 @ Steelers 35

Dolphins +4 @ Falcons 44

Chiefs +13 @ Ravens 36

Eagles -2 @ Panthers 43.5

Broncos +4.5 @ Bengals 43.5

Vikings -4 @ Browns 40

Jets +4.5 @ Texans 44

Jaguars +7 @ Colts 44

Lions +13 @ Saints 49.5

Cowboys -6 @ Buccaneers 39

49ers +6.5 @ Cardinals 46.5

Redskins +6.5 @ Giants 37

Rams +8.5 @ Seahawks 41.5

Bears +4 @ Packers 46.5

Bills +10.5 @ Patriots 47.5

Chargers -9.5 @ Raiders 43

I was all over BAL-9. But -13 is awfully high. I'm tempted to bet KC+13 at a half-hedge and see if I can get lucky with the huge four point difference.

I know that there was a thread like this in the forum occasionally last year, I'd like to bring it back and try to make it a weekly thing. I'll throw it up early in the week every week and hopefully there will be some interest. Here are some Week 1 lines, I'd love to hear what you guys like so far. A few of these looks just a little too easy... it'd be nice to avoid the traps. I'll post up my plays later this week too.

Week 1:

Titans +6 @ Steelers 35

Dolphins +4 @ Falcons 44

Chiefs +13 @ Ravens 36

Eagles -2 @ Panthers 43.5

Broncos +4.5 @ Bengals 43.5

Vikings -4 @ Browns 40

Jets +4.5 @ Texans 44

Jaguars +7 @ Colts 44

Lions +13 @ Saints 49.5

Cowboys -6 @ Buccaneers 39

49ers +6.5 @ Cardinals 46.5

Redskins +6.5 @ Giants 37

Rams +8.5 @ Seahawks 41.5

Bears +4 @ Packers 46.5

Bills +10.5 @ Patriots 47.5

Chargers -9.5 @ Raiders 43
I believe Jeff [staff member] did this last yearI like Dolphins +4

Bengals -4.5

Browns +4

Redskins +4.5

Packers -4

I know that there was a thread like this in the forum occasionally last year, I'd like to bring it back and try to make it a weekly thing. I'll throw it up early in the week every week and hopefully there will be some interest. Here are some Week 1 lines, I'd love to hear what you guys like so far. A few of these looks just a little too easy... it'd be nice to avoid the traps. I'll post up my plays later this week too.Week 1:Titans +6 @ Steelers 35Dolphins +4 @ Falcons 44Chiefs +13 @ Ravens 36Eagles -2 @ Panthers 43.5Broncos +4.5 @ Bengals 43.5Vikings -4 @ Browns 40Jets +4.5 @ Texans 44Jaguars +7 @ Colts 44Lions +13 @ Saints 49.5Cowboys -6 @ Buccaneers 3949ers +6.5 @ Cardinals 46.5Redskins +6.5 @ Giants 37Rams +8.5 @ Seahawks 41.5Bears +4 @ Packers 46.5Bills +10.5 @ Patriots 47.5Chargers -9.5 @ Raiders 43
I did it last year quite a few times in the beginning of the season...if you want to...go right ahead and do it. I'll put my 2 cents in every week.

wick, if you want to do it again be my guest don't mean to steal your thunder lol. regardless of whether i post it up or you do, should serve the same purpose. quick question, it looks like a mod did something with this thread?... why does it say "please delete if honda"? we can sort that all out later i guess haha. i've got some early leans, i'll post my final decisions later in the week. one of my biggest question marks is vikings -4, its one of those lines that seems too good to be true. here's what i'm leaning towards so far:

Atlanta -4

Minnesota -4

Jacksonville +7

Broncos/Bengals OVER 43.5

Saints/Lions OVER 48.5

I believe Jeff [staff member] did this last yearI like Dolphins +4Bengals -4.5Browns +4Redskins +4.5Packers -4
I'd like to hear what you're thinking about the Dolphins in this spot, Atlanta plays much better at home and I just don't think Miami can keep up with them.

wick, if you want to do it again be my guest don't mean to steal your thunder lol. regardless of whether i post it up or you do, should serve the same purpose. quick question, it looks like a mod did something with this thread?... why does it say "please delete if honda"? we can sort that all out later i guess haha. i've got some early leans, i'll post my final decisions later in the week. one of my biggest question marks is vikings -4, its one of those lines that seems too good to be true. here's what i'm leaning towards so far:Atlanta -4Minnesota -4Jacksonville +7Broncos/Bengals OVER 43.5Saints/Lions OVER 48.5
you go right ahead man. I didn't do it for the glory :wub:I'll chime in tomorrow

How about a ten point tease with

bal,ne,sd

I'm not a big tease player but week 1 it might be fun :wub:

How about a ten point tease withbal,ne,sdI'm not a big tease player but week 1 it might be fun :no:
i'm not so sure about teasing 4 teams, there's always something that doesn't go as expected. if you do though, i think the best 4 teams to tease would be NO, NE, BAL, and SF

#1 rule, never take road favorites, but i cant help but to love the Vikings -4. Those four points might be more than the Browns actually score. Im am not a big believer in Favre anymore, but he should be good for the first few weeks. There wont be any bad weather this early in the season either. I would probably bet the Vikings ST/def outscores the Browns. On the 1-8 unit scale, this one has to be good for a 4.

I also like the Raiders and Seahawks for a unit or two.

Routilla said:
mrspree15 said:
way too much love for minny
MIN is one of my locks for the week. I can't believe they are not at least a 7 pt favorite.
Yes, exactly. Do you think Vegas missed the boat on the team with the great defense and running game that just signed the legendary QB? If it looks too easy...

I'm loving SF +6.5 this week... I think they might take that one outright. No aspect of Arizona's game looked good in the preseason

i like:Atlanta -4 i'm likin ATL to start off hot at home. this might be my least fave. of the games here, though.Balt. -10 KC is not good. Baltimore is. game in BaltimoreHou. -4.5 Sanchez going to Houston for 1st NFL start +Houston up and coming defense=big win for HoustonInd. -7 Indy at home, MJD???Sea. -7.5 Hass fresh, Seattle at home vs. a crappy Rams teamGB -3.5 i like the home team in this matchup, and Cutler + Bears might not be gelled quite yet.NE -10.5 Buffalo has a crappy O-line. Brady is gonna be on fire.im lookin for these home teams to prevail against lesser opponents.
looks like the Balt. line went to -13. if anything, i'd lean toward KC now. might not touch this one.i'm startin to like Oak at +9.5.might put together a 3 team parly:ATL -4HOU -4.5GB -4

Users who are viewing this thread