What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NHL Off-Season thread:Down goes Kane! (1 Viewer)

Goalies are the softest NHL players by far. Skaters will do anything to get back in the game whereas goalies will do anything to get into their street clothes.

Both of those ####### guys came out of the game and were apparently not able to play. Both returned and played in the game.

Goalies are the softest NHL players by far. Skaters will do anything to get back in the game whereas goalies will do anything to get into their street clothes.

Both of those ####### guys came out of the game and were apparently not able to play. Both returned and played in the game.
Montoya looked really uncomfortable in there.

after a choppy first two periods, hell of a finish in St Paul. very entertaining back and forth. two guys I'm high on being big time players in this league, Dumba and Zibanejad, both with really nice games. he lost his edge in one bad spot tonight but man does Brodin continue look good. playing with a ton of confidence and has been very good the last 15 games or so. Stewart with a couple big hits and fit in well with his speed. PK continues to be unbelievable, though the pipe helped out on 3 consecutive shots in a span of 15 seconds when the killers were stuck out for a full kill. I feel like the Hammond story is close to coming to a crashing end soon but he was excellent again tonight with more robbery.

train keeps rolling :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
after a choppy first two periods, hell of a finish in St Paul. very entertaining back and forth. two guys I'm high on being big time players in this league, Dumba and Zibanejad, both with really nice games. he lost his edge in one bad spot tonight but man does Brodin continue look good. playing with a ton of confidence and has been very good the last 15 games or so. Stewart with a couple big hits and fit in well with his speed. PK continues to be unbelievable, though the pipe helped out on 3 consecutive shots in a span of 15 seconds when the killers were stuck out for a full kill. I feel like the Hammond story is close to coming to a crashing end soon but he was excellent again tonight with more robbery.

train keeps rolling :thumbup:
Entertainment level definitely picked up in the third. Fun finish.

Dale Tallon said if Tallas wasn't cleared to play and a skater was the only option in net they considered not playing a goalie.

Looking forward to Ovechkin finding a few holes in Dubynk tomorrow night(heavy snow forecasted so it might get pushed back).

I don't know what Trotz has said or done to Ovie but he really has improved his game a lot this year.We rarely saw goals where he was in front of the net and now he is a regular customer getting down and dirty near the crease and while he never will be confused for a good defensive player he is at least now making an effort to get in the way and skating just as hard trying to help out.

East is shaping up to be a great playoff battle and are clearly catching up to the West in quality teams.

A friend gave me a pair of tickets and my son and I enjoyed the game in St Paul last night. Either I have the worst luck, or the stadium is full of know-is-alls. It seems evertime I go to a sporting event, I sit directly in front of a group of middle aged men that know everything you'd want to know about the game and do a running commentary through out. :wall:

So trades are permitted post deadline but acquired players aren't allowed to play in the playoffs. Wonder if Florida makes any type of deal if Luongo is out for only a few weeks.

So trades are permitted post deadline but acquired players aren't allowed to play in the playoffs. Wonder if Florida makes any type of deal if Luongo is out for only a few weeks.
McKenzie apologized for feeding you really bad info.

Last edited by a moderator:
tom22406 said:
How many games with Matt Martin get for his hit on Daley?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSK63u8BMiI

4 sounds about right to me.
4? really?

come'on. that was not a dirty hit at all. The guy has the most hits in the NHL every year. Lay the body that much and every once in a while and sometimes #### happens. Was his leg out, yes, was it worth the penalty, yea....but if it was intentional or dirty he would not have stopped and stood over him like that. IMO, MM was going for a straight on hit and the kid cut across him and he reacted and tried to match him, just got the leg out first.

Hockey is a tough sport, #### happens. Sorry the kid got hurt, but there was not intent of dirty play there. For someone with no priors or history he shouldn't get anything. I wouldn't be surprised if he got 1 b/c that's the way the NHL is, but anything over that is stupid.

tom22406 said:

4? really?

come'on. that was not a dirty hit at all. The guy has the most hits in the NHL every year. Lay the body that much and every once in a while and sometimes #### happens. Was his leg out, yes, was it worth the penalty, yea....but if it was intentional or dirty he would not have stopped and stood over him like that. IMO, MM was going for a straight on hit and the kid cut across him and he reacted and tried to match him, just got the leg out first.

Hockey is a tough sport, #### happens. Sorry the kid got hurt, but there was not intent of dirty play there. For someone with no priors or history he shouldn't get anything. I wouldn't be surprised if he got 1 b/c that's the way the NHL is, but anything over that is stupid.
:confused: textbook knee on knee hit, hangs the left leg/knee out

not like the Isles will miss Martin much anyway. He ranks 14th in average time on ice/game among Isles forwards this year.

Stars lost their best defenseman due to a stupid play.

Malkin is playing with more fire, passion, intensity, and emotion than any point in his career. He's put the team on his back at different points this season and is playing amazing. Almost scored again.

tom22406 said:

4? really?

Martin's lack of history gave him a 1 game suspension and I agree he has normally been a clean player so 4 was jumping the gun on my part.

Sure looked like he stuck his leg out to me and yeah it does suck Daley got injured.

Capella said:
What are the thoughts on the upcoming World Cup killing Olympic hockey. Pretty much a done deal?
I don't think it does. Olympics are a different animal imo.

Looking forward to WC and actually glad it's on the 4 letter network. They may actually pay some attention to it and the sport could grow in the US.

Capella said:
What are the thoughts on the upcoming World Cup killing Olympic hockey. Pretty much a done deal?
I don't think it does. Olympics are a different animal imo.Looking forward to WC and actually glad it's on the 4 letter network. They may actually pay some attention to it and the sport could grow in the US.
are we in 1995 again

Capella said:
I don't think it does. Olympics are a different animal imo.Looking forward to WC and actually glad it's on the 4 letter network. They may actually pay some attention to it and the sport could grow in the US.
are we in 1995 again
Ohh I love the glowing puck.

McKenzie apologized for feeding you really bad info.
wtf was he thinking?really surprised he thought that was legit enough to post.
I heard the same thing watching the ny_ det game last night. And was like wtf?

Capella said:
are we in 1995 again
Ohh I love the glowing puck.
Is this a hockey snob forum?

If it means drawing in new fans and making the sport more popular then what is the big effing deal?

Users who are viewing this thread