What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Obama: Worst President Ever? (1 Viewer)

Worst ever?

• Yes

Votes: 134 36.2%
  • No

Votes: 236 63.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Met with our insurance broker this week to renew our health insurance policy for the office. We use Healthnet. If we stay with Healthnet and enroll in their ACA program, our premium DECLINES 10%. Our co-pays go from $20 to $30, but everything else remains exactly the same AND we receive dental coverage for our kids.

I've been sitting in on health care renewal meetings for over 10 years now. This is the first time EVER that our premium/policy has gone done year over year.

So...yeah. The hatred for Obama and the ACA is puzzling.
But he's still black...
Typical progressive nonsense. If you don't agree with Obama and his Jim-Jones-like followers then that automatically makes you racist. Do I got that right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Met with our insurance broker this week to renew our health insurance policy for the office. We use Healthnet. If we stay with Healthnet and enroll in their ACA program, our premium DECLINES 10%. Our co-pays go from $20 to $30, but everything else remains exactly the same AND we receive dental coverage for our kids.

I've been sitting in on health care renewal meetings for over 10 years now. This is the first time EVER that our premium/policy has gone done year over year.

If you think the jobs market has been a crisis for the last 5-6 years, you will probably say Obama is awful because jobs should be his constant focus. There should have been some major new policy 5-6 years ago with the goal of having the jobs market fixed by now.

What is Obama's job policy? What are his benchmarks and goals? I don't know. I know its the #1 issue with a LOT of people.

I think a lot of people are looking at how awful the job market has been, looking at Obama's lack of a major plan, lack of promoting a plan, and deciding he's just a really really awful president.

I think a lot of people are looking at how awful the job market has been, looking at Obama's lack of a major plan, lack of promoting a plan, and deciding he's just a really really awful president.
Private sector job creation by Presidential administration 1977-2014:

Code:
Clinton 1	10,885Clinton 2	10,070Reagan 2	 9,357Carter		 9,041Reagan 1	 5,360Obama 21	 3,477 (thru July -- 9,817 prorated thru a full four years)GHW Bush	 1,510Obama 1		 1,998GW Bush 2	   379GW Bush 1	  -841

But he's still black...
That's got to account for much of the hatred. Sad that that's the case. :(

I think this is silly. Are you unemployed? Are your family members unemployed? Suffering in some way because of Obama? How has this president negatively impacted you?

But he's still black...
Typical progressive nonsense. If you don't agree with Obama and his Jim-Jones-like followers then that automatically makes you racist. Do I got that right?
You are comparing our president to a mass murdering cult leader and you don't think that maybe - just maybe - that you might have some deep rooted problems with our president's skin tone?

Obama is positively awful. I'd say his foreign policy might be the worst of all time, but, when the wholistic element of economic, social, etc.. Is factored, he ultimately scores in the bottom quartile.

The worst President of all time still has to be Nixon. Subverting the constitution in the manner he did is a very difficult act to follow.

Well again...speaking for my family...our healthcare costs are lower, our wages are higher, our retirement accounts and portfolios are booming, our house is value is screaming, our gay friends can marry and serve in the military openly and all of our loved ones are employed and similarly doing well. I can't really complain about the guy. :shrug:

Oh yeah! The weed!

Well again...speaking for my family...our healthcare costs are lower, our wages are higher, our retirement accounts and portfolios are booming, our house is value is screaming, our gay friends can marry and serve in the military openly and all of our loved ones are employed and similarly doing well. I can't really complain about the guy. :shrug:

Oh yeah! The weed!
What's your mom think?

I big thing I've seen on FB the past couple of days: posts complaining that the guy takes a vacation. It's as if Limbaugh or Hannity or whomever is their cult leader these days put out the bat signal to ##### about this. These guys never whispered a peep when Bush was gone for weeks cutting brush. I think the results of this pole haven't gone the way the OP thought it would either. Lol.

Obama is positively awful. I'd say his foreign policy might be the worst of all time, but, when the wholistic element of economic, social, etc.. Is factored, he ultimately scores in the bottom quartile.

The worst President of all time still has to be Nixon. Subverting the constitution in the manner he did is a very difficult act to follow.
This is the part I don't get. I'm not really a fan of his domestic politics, but I think his foreign policy has been excellent, especially when compared to his predecessor.

But he's still black...
You are comparing our president to a mass murdering cult leader and you don't think that maybe - just maybe - that you might have some deep rooted problems with our president's skin tone?
Nope. What I think is that YOU have a problem with race. Guys like you immediately resort to the race card and call other's racist when they don't subscribe to the progressive ideology.

Not one person here has an issue with the President's skin color except you and cosjobs, apparently.

Max, as a political conservative, you're never going to approve of a Democrat like Obama; that's to be expected. But please explain what makes him especially objectionable to you, different from any other Democrat in the office of President?

Oh yeah! The weed!
What's your mom think?
Of me or Obama? She's sadly a Fox News loyalist, and despite her closet liberal leanings due in large part to a heart of gold, she probably finds fault with our president...even though her only daughter who was underemployed for so long has benefitted greatly from changes to healthcare and extended benefits to people who are struggling.

Note: my sister's struggles are president agnostic. Employed now and doing well, her struggles in life were largely her creation. Thomas Jefferson wouldn't have benefitted her...

But he's still black...
Nope. What I think is that YOU have a problem with race. Guys like you immediately resort to the race card and call other's racist when they don't subscribe to the progressive ideology.

Not one person here has an issue with the President's skin color except you and cosjobs, apparently.
No, we are just trying to understand what on earth you could hate about a president doing such a kick butt job!

Honestly I don't know what your beef is though I'd guess it is purely political...he's not your guy, you hate him. If Romney was black, you'd vote for him. You are a loyal party player. I get it.

But I would like to k ow how your life is suffering now because of our president...financially, emotionally, whatever. Lay it on me my brother.

I'll be honest, I don't know the answer to this question. Is he the worst? I'd like to think not and that the next president will be better and continuing on through the generations.

I will say this though. It's been a great ride in this thread with all of you. We've laughed, cried, fought and made up again. I think we've all learned about each other and a bit about ourselves in the process. Growing and maturing with all of you here has been a pleasure. I look forward to our continued adventures.

Where do you put some blame on this Congress? 2010 TGOP ran on jobs, and so far they have not done anything. Not giving President Obama a pass, but he is working with the worst Congress that this country has ever had. And this country is really ran by a good Congress. That is what made President Clinton so good, was that he and the TGOP Congress worked together!

Oh yeah! The weed!
What's your mom think?
Of me or Obama? She's sadly a Fox News loyalist, and despite her closet liberal leanings due in large part to a heart of gold, she probably finds fault with our president...even though her only daughter who was underemployed for so long has benefitted greatly from changes to healthcare and extended benefits to people who are struggling.

Note: my sister's struggles are president agnostic. Employed now and doing well, her struggles in life were largely her creation. Thomas Jefferson wouldn't have benefitted her...
good on your sister. She's had a rough time, whether self-induced or not.

Where do you put some blame on this Congress? 2010 TGOP ran on jobs, and so far they have not done anything. Not giving President Obama a pass, but he is working with the worst Congress that this country has ever had. And this country is really ran by a good Congress. That is what made President Clinton so good, was that he and the TGOP Congress worked together!
except for that whole impeachment thingy

Obama golfs a lot, but who's counting?

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/24/opinion/sunday/maureen-dowd-the-golf-address.html?smid=tw-share

FORE! Score? And seven trillion rounds ago, our forecaddies brought forth on this continent a new playground, conceived by Robert Trent Jones, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal when it comes to spending as much time on the links as possible — even when it seems totally inappropriate, like moments after making a solemn statement condemning the grisly murder of a 40-year-old American journalist beheaded by ISIL.

ETC.

While we are talking about golfing, what about all the people being "cleansed" in Iraq because Bush, Cheney, and Rumsfeld wanted something to do? How many have died because we invaded Iraq? Yeah, no one cares about them right? Just a bunch of dark Muslims, meh.

Lotta business conducted on golf courses. Not much business conducted dressing up and playing cowboy on a ranch.
Neither one matters. Michael Moore was ridiculous to criticize Bush's vacations in Fahrenheit 911, and Jim11 is just as absurd for criticizing Obama now.

Presidents on vacation do more work than most of us do when we're at work. For a President, a vacation is merely a change of scenery from the Oval Office. The phone calls, meetings, decision-making never ends.

Lotta business conducted on golf courses. Not much business conducted dressing up and playing cowboy on a ranch.
Neither one matters. Michael Moore was ridiculous to criticize Bush's vacations in Fahrenheit 911, and Jim11 is just as absurd for criticizing Obama now.

Presidents on vacation do more work than most of us do when we're at work. For a President, a vacation is merely a change of scenery from the Oval Office. The phone calls, meetings, decision-making never ends.
Read it again Tim...Maureen Dowd wrote that column, not me.

The GOP has never controlled Congress while Obama has been President.

What?

What?
The GOP has never had control of Congress during Obama's presidency. It's always been Democrat or split.

This

I hear people complain about ANY president on vacation and how many times they vacation. It's not like they pack up a station wagon and leave their work cell phones at home to "disconnect". It's so stupid.

Sure, but the House has been Republican since January 2011, and they've been able to effectively block whatever Obama's wanted to do since that time.

But you chose to bring it to our attention.

Sure, but the House has been Republican since January 2011, and they've been able to effectively block whatever Obama's wanted to do since that time.
And the Senate has blocked what the House has tried to do. The dysfunctionality of Congress lies as much with Reid and the Senste as it does with Boehner and the House.

What?
The GOP has never had control of Congress during Obama's presidency. It's always been Democrat or split.
He said "this Congress." This Congress, the 113th, has a GOP majority controlled house.

What I find interesting in today's political America is the fact that we are designed to be an effective government because we compromise, and this government doesn't understand that principal in the slightest. The house is the least effective branch of government but I will say that there is a lot of blame to go around, it's just a mess IMO. I don't care what side you lean to, the bottom line is that right now the lunatic fringe or the 15% of the far poles dominate government. We are a country of moderates or at least those from the fringes who can meet in the middle.

That simply isn't happening in 2014. Can't wait until the Baby Boomers are gone.

And the Senate has blocked what the House has tried to do. The dysfunctionality of Congress lies as much with Reid and the Senste as it does with Boehner and the House.
I don't really buy that. The House passes mostly symbolic acts (like repealing Obamacare 50+ times) which they know will never get done. When's the last time they proposed something serious?

Obama is the worst, he isnt even a President, he is a celebrity, and loves it.

There are so many things to choose from, but Benghazi is the worst. He was dragged off the golf course in time to save those people and he didnt. We had personnel pleading for the green light to help those people and Obama just sat there. And then, disciplined those that did try and help. (well, the ones he could, who lived)

There are so many things to choose from, but Benghazi is the worst. He was dragged off the golf course in time to save those people and he didnt. We had personnel pleading for the green light to help those people and Obama just sat there. And then, disciplined those that did try and help. (well, the ones he could, who lived)
:lol: Just so wrong in so many ways. You completely ignore all the reports, committees, inquiries into Benghazi, none which found anything close to what you're claiming.

I don't really buy that. The House passes mostly symbolic acts (like repealing Obamacare 50+ times) which they know will never get done. When's the last time they proposed something serious?
The short-term funding for the border crisis.

Just because you don't agree with a bill doesn't mean it's not serious.

Vikings suck, deal with it.

What?
He said "this Congress." This Congress, the 113th, has a GOP majority controlled house. What I find interesting in today's political America is the fact that we are designed to be an effective government because we compromise, and this government doesn't understand that principal in the slightest. The house is the least effective branch of government but I will say that there is a lot of blame to go around, it's just a mess IMO. I don't care what side you lean to, the bottom line is that right now the lunatic fringe or the 15% of the far poles dominate government. We are a country of moderates or at least those from the fringes who can meet in the middle.

That simply isn't happening in 2014. Can't wait until the Baby Boomers are gone.
I liked this post a lot until you wished I was dead. Generational blame is as bad as any. We boomers were raised by "the greatest generation." Evidently their patenting skills weren't factored in. Don't get me wrong, I am supremely disappointed in my generation, but assigning blame topl a specific race, demographic it region or whatever does little but shift responsibility and encourage entitlement.

:lol: Just so wrong in so many ways. You completely ignore all the reports, committees, inquiries into Benghazi, none which found anything close to what you're claiming.
Um.. Nope, read many articles from the AP. Watched the news for days on it, including the CIA operatives interview. And that in a nutshell is what happend. You laughing about it is disturbing.

Um.. Nope, read many articles from the AP. Watched the news for days on it, including the CIA operatives interview. And that in a nutshell is what happend. You laughing about it is disturbing.
You calling out a career military guy from your safe Internet hole is even more disturbing.

Vikings suck, deal with it.
We will see this year. Some say Im a "solid stupid" for still being a fan, but Im not a front runner, and they are my team. :shrug:

What?
He said "this Congress." This Congress, the 113th, has a GOP majority controlled house. What I find interesting in today's political America is the fact that we are designed to be an effective government because we compromise, and this government doesn't understand that principal in the slightest. The house is the least effective branch of government but I will say that there is a lot of blame to go around, it's just a mess IMO. I don't care what side you lean to, the bottom line is that right now the lunatic fringe or the 15% of the far poles dominate government. We are a country of moderates or at least those from the fringes who can meet in the middle.

I liked this post a lot until you wished I was dead. Generational blame is as bad as any. We boomers were raised by "the greatest generation." Evidently their patenting skills weren't factored in. Don't get me wrong, I am supremely disappointed in my generation, but assigning blame topl a specific race, demographic it region or whatever does little but shift responsibility and encourage entitlement.
Seems to be something your generation can't handle, compromise. Don't blame me for your shortcomings. ;)

You calling out a career military guy from your safe Internet hole is even more disturbing.
Oh, because Im not in the military I cant have an opinion or know the facts? Wrong. I love the military and support them in word and action more than most. Obama is a horrible President, good celebrity tho, so you guys have that.

Any President would have have killed Bin Laden. He has not really shown any leadership since he was voted into office. I had great hope for him. He does not want to make any real decisions (healthcare des not count) that was a forced mice with no real plan.

Raised taxes.

Forced healthcare on all even if they could not afford it. Premiums have increased since it was implemented. No reduction in taxes.

Stock market would have turned around as well as housing.

Has not done much.

Worst pres. Carter, Johnson are behind Obama

Obama is the worst pres in my lifetime. Followed by carter

GWB locked this one up years ago
What did Obama do that was much different than Bush?
Killed Bin Laden, turned the stock market around, saved the auto industry and revitalized housing prices. He also legalized weed, permitted gays to serve openly in our military and has not blocked the rights of gays to marry each other.

What?

Seems to be something your generation can't handle, compromise. Don't blame me for your shortcomings. ;)
Yeah, we're the black sheep in this land of compromise. I do get your point and it angers me that the lack of compromise exists, I just argue that it shouldn't be a "you" thing, rather a "we" thing. Assigning blame and forsaking responsibility only leads to more divisiveness, regardless of whether you are correct.

Any President would have have killed Bin Laden. He has not really shown any leadership since he was voted into office. I had great hope for him. He does not want to make any real decisions (healthcare des not count) that was a forced mice with no real plan.

Raised taxes.

Forced healthcare on all even if they could not afford it. Premiums have increased since it was implemented. No reduction in taxes.

Stock market would have turned around as well as housing.

Has not done much.

Worst pres. Carter, Johnson are behind Obama

Obama is the worst pres in my lifetime. Followed by carter

GWB locked this one up years ago
What did Obama do that was much different than Bush?
Killed Bin Laden, turned the stock market around, saved the auto industry and revitalized housing prices. He also legalized weed, permitted gays to serve openly in our military and has not blocked the rights of gays to marry each other.
You are unskilled in quote nesting and GW Bush is easily the worst president of your lifetime. Deep recession, getting Americans killed for no reason, and now helping to create the most unstable region (Middle East), in your lifetime and probably your grandparents lifetimes.

But you chose to bring it to our attention.
So what? A man of your intellect no doubt reads the Sunday NYT anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread