What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Offensive Rookie of the Year (1 Viewer)

Offensive Rookie of the Year at the end of the year will be?

• Robert Griffin III

Votes: 58 28.4%
  • Mikel LeShoure (shaddup it's my poll)

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Andrew Luck

Votes: 87 42.6%
  • Doug Martin

Votes: 42 20.6%
  • Alfred Morris

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trent Richardson

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Russell Wilson

Votes: 12 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
Most rookie wins, most rookie TDs, 2nd highest completion pct % of rookies, 2nd best QB rating amongst rookies.

Russell Wilson it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Doug Martin continues to explode like this the only guy that could stop him would be Andrew Luck taking the Colts to the playoffs.

Still RG3 but Luck is closing
Poll says at the end of the year. I'd probably vote for Luck tonight, I feel momentum swinging toward Luck and if I had to pick/bet who I think plays the best the rest of the way I'd say Luck. I think the turn around in Indy from this year's team to last is much larger than the impact RG3 is having in Washington. Two fantastic rookie campaigns, Luck just looks like a winner.

I'd vote this after week 9.

1) Robert Griffin III

2) Andrew Luck

3) Doug Martin

4) Trent Richardson

5) Alfred Morris

6) Russell Wilson

Luck wins if he can lead INDY to a playoff berth. Ashame these guys will get snubbed. Any other year anyone in top 5 would win hands down

I'd say Luck and then Wilson right behind him. RG3 and Morris and then Trent and Martin. I'm honestly conflicted in the choice between Luck and Wilson but I think Luck is doing more with less and obviously has to throw more to keep his team in games.

It's going to come down to who takes their team to the playoffs. Washington has fallen apart after a fast start, RG3 has had some rough games too. Luck has been more consistent and the Colts have been winning way more than anyone expected. Let's see if they keep that up. Martin, has exploded these past few weeks and has TB squarely in position to make the positions. He's on pace for over 1100 yards and 10 TD's, putting himself well into the conversation.

Luck's rookie hype is certainly helping his cause, cause a lot of his numbers don't actually back him up as the OROY choice. Luck is accumulating stats based on how many times he is throwing the ball (3rd most attempts in NFL), rather than how efficient he is.

QB Rating - Ranked 27th overall (3rd amongst rookies)

PCT Completion - Ranked 32nd overall (4th amongst rookies)

'fridayfrenzy said:
Luck's rookie hype is certainly helping his cause, cause a lot of his numbers don't actually back him up as the OROY choice. Luck is accumulating stats based on how many times he is throwing the ball (3rd most attempts in NFL), rather than how efficient he is.

QB Rating - Ranked 27th overall (3rd amongst rookies)

PCT Completion - Ranked 32nd overall (4th amongst rookies)
QBR he's 4th overall. More wins at mid season than most prognosticators thought they would have all season. Certainly more than just hype going on here.

It's really only between the star rookie QBs, RG3 and Luck. Sorry Friday but Wilson has zero shot.

'Beerguzzler said:
Martin, has exploded these past few weeks and has TB squarely in position to make the positions. He's on pace for over 1100 yards and 10 TD's, putting himself well into the conversation.
9 weeks8 games

154-794-7

20-245-1

Granted the numbers are skewed from two big weeks B2B, but I presume you made a mistake - otherwise you're suggesting he averages 38 yards per game with 3 TDs in the second half of the season.

'Beerguzzler said:
It's going to come down to who takes their team to the playoffs. Washington has fallen apart after a fast start, RG3 has had some rough games too. Luck has been more consistent and the Colts have been winning way more than anyone expected. Let's see if they keep that up. Martin, has exploded these past few weeks and has TB squarely in position to make the positions. He's on pace for over 1100 yards and 10 TD's, putting himself well into the conversation.
While it's true that 2,078yds and 14 TDs (Martin's actual pace) is "over 1100 yards and 10 TDs", I'm assuming that you weren't looking at the right numbers when making that statement ;)

'Beerguzzler said:
Martin, has exploded these past few weeks and has TB squarely in position to make the positions. He's on pace for over 1100 yards and 10 TD's, putting himself well into the conversation.
9 weeks8 games

154-794-7

20-245-1

Granted the numbers are skewed from two big weeks B2B, but I presume you made a mistake - otherwise you're suggesting he averages 38 yards per game with 3 TDs in the second half of the season.
He's going to get to those projections by halftime of week 11.

'fridayfrenzy said:
Most rookie wins, most rookie TDs, 2nd highest completion pct % of rookies, 2nd best QB rating amongst rookies.Russell Wilson it is.
Problem is he won't win the popularity contest....despite outperforming them all.

Last edited by a moderator:
'paulbertini said:
I'd vote this after week 9.1) Robert Griffin III 2) Andrew Luck 3) Doug Martin 4) Trent Richardson5) Alfred Morris 6) Russell Wilson Luck wins if he can lead INDY to a playoff berth. Ashame these guys will get snubbed. Any other year anyone in top 5 would win hands down
What a terrific rookie class.Hard to believe Trent Richardson may not place even 3rd after that Martin performance yesterday.

'Beerguzzler said:
9 weeks8 games

154-794-7

20-245-1

He's going to get to those projections by halftime of week 11.
:lol: :hifive:

I'd vote;

1. Wilson - Best record, good stats, best chance at playoffs and best choice thus far.

2. Luck - Closing the gap. If Indy makes the playoffs he may win just because of how bad they were prior.

3. Richardson - I still favor him over Martin at RB. He's just been more consistent.

4. Martin - Has exploded the last 2 weeks and could easily vault to the top if his performances continue.

5. RG3 - I'm sorry but when you are a QB and your team is 3-6 it's just not enough to win it this year. Not when Wilson and Luck are on pace to put their teams in the postseason. If Sea and Indy begin to lose, he could move way up. Or better yet, if Wash begins to win. This years group is too good for just stats to win it.

6. Morris - Clearly last but deserves mention.

'fridayfrenzy said:
Most rookie wins, most rookie TDs, 2nd highest completion pct % of rookies, 2nd best QB rating amongst rookies.Russell Wilson it is.
Problem is he won't win the popularity contest....despite outperforming them all.
Even though all are rookies (RG3, Wilson and Luck) their situations are vastly different. You put Wilson on Wash or Indy and I don't think he has NEARLY the success that he's having now. Wilson fell into a team that made the playoffs last year and it's so much easier to play on a good team, with good surrounding talent and a good defense where you can keep defenses off balances and you don't have to play one dimensional football. Wilson doesn't need to go out there and win games while RG3 and Luck clearly do. I'm not discounting Wilson, I like him and think he's a good player....I just don't think he's in the same league as those two despite whatever stats you throw at me. Their situations are completely apples and oranges. If he were to win it somehow, it'll be like when Anthony Thomas won over LT.

RG III is amazing and he's doing it with a pile of crap for receivers. At least Luck has Wayne. You can't go wrong with either. Martin is pretty amazing himself. No rookie wall for Martin. He's actually picked it up over the season.

1 RGII

2. Luck

3 Martin

RGIII has been the better player in my opinion out of all the QB's. He's only turned the ball over 5 times all year and has made better decisions consistently.

Luck has played very well at times but has also had 4 games of 3+ turnovers.

Wilson has gotten better but had a horrid start. Seattle had a nice defense and running game but no real WRs. He's made good decisions and at the least doesnt turn the ball over much when he's been forced to make something happen when a play breaks down.

Martin has been great recently but I think one of the QBs will get the nod.

Both Luck and RG3 have been instrumental in the turnaround of their respective teams, it will go to Luck after he takes the Colts to the playoffs.

Luck's got thing all but locked up. Would take a total catastrophe for him to not get it. Taking this Indy team to the playoffs is remarkable. You could say RG3 is getting screwed, and he is. It's just rare to have this strong a group. RG3 would win it 9 out of 10 years with a season like his.

1. Luck 2. Wilson3. RG3-has to be 3rd b/c of no playoffs
Agreed here. People say "at least Luck had Wayne" ... ayfkm?!1!? So did Painter, last year What this kid has done is remarkable. ROY, as of now. Wilson over RGIII, because he has guided this team to the brink of the playiffs. As gaudy as Griffin? Nope. But the playoffs are calling for Wilson. Then we have RGIII. Then Martin. Pretty cut and dried, imo.

Luck's got thing all but locked up. Would take a total catastrophe for him to not get it. Taking this Indy team to the playoffs is remarkable. You could say RG3 is getting screwed, and he is. It's just rare to have this strong a group. RG3 would win it 9 out of 10 years with a season like his.
So because they were a horrid team last year Luck gets all the credit this year?Player A:255/449 (56%), 2964 Total Yards, 14 TD, 10 INT, 0 Fumbles LostPlayer B:205/304 (67%), 3139 Total Yards, 22 TD, 4 INT, 2 Fumbles LostWho do you think is more important to their team?

So because they were a horrid team last year Luck gets all the credit this year?
Yes

1. Luck 2. Wilson3. RG3-has to be 3rd b/c of no playoffs
Agreed here. People say "at least Luck had Wayne" ... ayfkm?!1!? So did Painter, last year What this kid has done is remarkable. ROY, as of now. Wilson over RGIII, because he has guided this team to the brink of the playiffs. As gaudy as Griffin? Nope. But the playoffs are calling for Wilson. Then we have RGIII. Then Martin. Pretty cut and dried, imo.
Basically your saying, okay Luck your pretty good this year but since you followed the worst QB in franchise history your the default MVP....Luck has played really well but I dont think he is the clear cut MVP at this point. Also with 4 weeks left and with Luck still having yet to play the best team in his division even once I would wait to make a final decision.

So because they were a horrid team last year Luck gets all the credit this year?Player A:255/449 (56%), 2964 Total Yards, 14 TD, 10 INT, 0 Fumbles LostPlayer B:205/304 (67%), 3139 Total Yards, 22 TD, 4 INT, 2 Fumbles LostWho do you think is more important to their team?
Hmmmm... I need more information.Which of these players is constantly trying to make plays because his defense and running game are non-existent?

So because they were a horrid team last year Luck gets all the credit this year?
Yes
:goodposting: Seemed logical to me.

Hasn't Indy made the playoffs 7 of the last 8 years? Seattle has scraped in to the playoffs a couple times over that period. Seems like Luck has inherited the better team.

It is a dead heat between Luck and RG3. I think it comes down to who makes the playoffs. If they both do it should go to both of them.

1. RGIII - Dynamic, efficient and playing like a stud QB period.

2. Martin - 1500 yards and a top 5 RB.

3. Wilson - RGIII lite. Not as dynamic and less on the ground, but efficient and winning games.

4. Luck - Overrated. Low Comp%, low YPA and 17/16 TD/INTs. Yardage is high due to a ton of attempts.

5/5. Morris/Richardson - Good backs. Good stats. Competition is tough this season.

1. Luck

2. Wilson

3. RG3-has to be 3rd b/c of no playoffs
Agreed here. People say "at least Luck had Wayne" ... ayfkm?!1!? So did Painter, last year

What this kid has done is remarkable. ROY, as of now.

Wilson over RGIII, because he has guided this team to the brink of the playiffs. As gaudy as Griffin? Nope. But the playoffs are calling for Wilson.

Then we have RGIII.

Then Martin.

Pretty cut and dried, imo.
I like Wilson a lot, but the only reason Wilson is guiding a team to the playoffs and RG3 isn't is because the Seahawks have a top 5 defense and the Redskins have a bottom 5 defense.

1. RGIII - Dynamic, efficient and playing like a stud QB period.2. Martin - 1500 yards and a top 5 RB.3. Wilson - RGIII lite. Not as dynamic and less on the ground, but efficient and winning games.4. Luck - Overrated. Low Comp%, low YPA and 17/16 TD/INTs. Yardage is high due to a ton of attempts.5/5. Morris/Richardson - Good backs. Good stats. Competition is tough this season.
Bingo.

'LarryAllen said:
1. RGIII - Dynamic, efficient and playing like a stud QB period.2. Martin - 1500 yards and a top 5 RB.3. Wilson - RGIII lite. Not as dynamic and less on the ground, but efficient and winning games.4. Luck - Overrated. Low Comp%, low YPA and 17/16 TD/INTs. Yardage is high due to a ton of attempts.5/5. Morris/Richardson - Good backs. Good stats. Competition is tough this season.
That looks pretty good. I wouldn't really make a stink if someone flopped Wilson and Luck, though.

'Chaz McNulty said:
Hasn't Indy made the playoffs 7 of the last 8 years? Seattle has scraped in to the playoffs a couple times over that period. Seems like Luck has inherited the better team.
Pretty sure he inherited one of the worst teams in the league.

Users who are viewing this thread