What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Office Pranks...anybody got any? (1 Viewer)

Salt in the sugar dispenser.

I'm usually one of the first ones in the office and first to the coffee. Every once in a while when the sugar can gets low, I pour salt into it and walk back to my office. It finds a victim or two 90% of the time and the rest of the office has yet to catch on that i'm the one doing it.
Oh my god...you just reminded me of one of my favorite things about this guy. He LOVES LOVES LOVES salt. When I first met him, he used to go on and on about this stuff. It's apparently called "No Salt." I guess it's actually Potassium Chloride instead of Sodium Chloride. He claims it's actually "good" for you, which I think is BS. He gets it when he goes home to the UK. His love for salt goes beyond this though, as he'll use regular salt in the same quantities when his No Salt isn't available. He has an economy size shaker of No Salt at his desk, and he POURS it on every meal he eats. I've literally watched him unscrew the shaker top at a restaurant and pour salt on his burger and his fries. I don't know how he's still alive.

I took this video of him salting his food at his desk when we were in our old offices that didn't have cube walls. Look how much salt he puts on his food...That thing is on the pour setting, and he goes for two servings.

At one point, I wondered what would happen if I swapped his No Salt with real salt, but I 100% truthfully would expect he would have a heart attack, so I'd never do that. He smokes, has mild asthma, doesn't exercise, drinks 8-10 Diet Cokes a day, and consumes that much salt...I feel for the guy, because as annoying as he is, he is a fun guy to have around, but he's got to be the most unhealthy human on the planet.

Fat Nick said:
And I managed to change the sound while he went for a smoke...I'll let you know how the dog whistle sounds works out.
So this is odd...We changed the sound and played it. I could hear the sound just fine via my earbuds when testing, but coming out of his computer speakers, I can't hear it AT ALL. Now admittedly, I'm near deaf (surgeries on both ears, probably in the bottom 5% of the population in terms of hearing), but I could hear it fine with earbuds. My buddy who sits on the other side of him can hear it, and says it's LOUD, but our mark doesn't appear to be able to hear it either.

I think I need to lower the frequency some, and/or find a new sound.
For now we changed it to the windows Shut-Down sound. We've made it play about 5x in the last 2 hours. He's completely confused and muttering [british Accent] "My stupid computer keeps making these bloody noises." [\British Accent]

Fat Nick said:
And I managed to change the sound while he went for a smoke...I'll let you know how the dog whistle sounds works out.
So this is odd...We changed the sound and played it. I could hear the sound just fine via my earbuds when testing, but coming out of his computer speakers, I can't hear it AT ALL. Now admittedly, I'm near deaf (surgeries on both ears, probably in the bottom 5% of the population in terms of hearing), but I could hear it fine with earbuds. My buddy who sits on the other side of him can hear it, and says it's LOUD, but our mark doesn't appear to be able to hear it either.

For now we changed it to the windows Shut-Down sound. We've made it play about 5x in the last 2 hours. He's completely confused and muttering [british Accent] "My stupid computer keeps making these bloody noises." [\British Accent]
Get a good fart sound and play it when he's on an important phonecall.

Anybody know anything about VBA Scripting activated by Outlook rules? I've noticed that one of the rule options in MS Outlook is to "run a script." I've been trying to get this to actually DO something, but I haven't been successful. I know how to code VBA to allow you to choose that script, but I can't get a script to actually work and/or execute in my rule.

I'm basically trying to write a script that allows me to eject his CD drive via an Outlook rule. The mouse prank is still going strong. He's got to be close to folding and getting a new one. The sound prank works well with Windows Shutdown...but he's starting to mute his sound (which I'll unmute using the mouse any time he leaves his desk). I'd love to add something else physical like ejecting his CD drive, but I can't seem to get it to work.

Lots of articles online re. how to write a VBA script, and lots on how to open a CD drive via VBA (which I can do via basic macro), but I can't get the two to work together.

This is one I did back when I worked at the Pentagon and we had shared printers. Only works if you have line of site to print station. Also could work with a copier.

Required Items:

-Rubber Spider. Preferrably one that looks realistic and isn't TOO big to be believable. Must look real in peripheral vision.

-1 spool of white thread

-2 paper clips

-1 Thumbtack

-Scissors

Instructions:

1) Tie thread to spider's midsection in a way so that when you hold the thread up, the spider hangs, head towards the ground.

2) Put spider on printer station or copier. Could be coffee break area too. Just something with a machine people use and have to look at while using it. Must be line of sight from your cube/office.

3) Put paperclip in ceiling (really easy if you have that tiled crap, just put it in a tile corner)

4) Route thread through that paperclip

5) Put paperclip in ceiling over your desk

6) Route thread through that paper clip

7) Cut thread so the bottom of it is level with your desk

8) Pull thread to raise spider up to ceiling. Also test to make sure it moves up and down smoothly.

9) Use thumbtack to pin the thread somewhere near your desk

10) Wait and watch for someone to come use printer/copier/whatever. Preferrably an old lady.

11) When victim is busy pushing keys or changing toner or whatever, slowly lower spider into their peripheral vision. Bounce it a little bit if they don't notice it immediately. Or drop it on their head.

12) Enjoy results. Swear victim to secrecy and repeat.

I must've got 25 different people with this. Some great reactions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody know anything about VBA Scripting activated by Outlook rules? I've noticed that one of the rule options in MS Outlook is to "run a script." I've been trying to get this to actually DO something, but I haven't been successful. I know how to code VBA to allow you to choose that script, but I can't get a script to actually work and/or execute in my rule.

I'm basically trying to write a script that allows me to eject his CD drive via an Outlook rule. The mouse prank is still going strong. He's got to be close to folding and getting a new one. The sound prank works well with Windows Shutdown...but he's starting to mute his sound (which I'll unmute using the mouse any time he leaves his desk). I'd love to add something else physical like ejecting his CD drive, but I can't seem to get it to work.

Lots of articles online re. how to write a VBA script, and lots on how to open a CD drive via VBA (which I can do via basic macro), but I can't get the two to work together.
can you have the vba script run a batch file

?? Not sure. Truthfully, I'm not good at writing my own VBA, but I understand enough to usually steal pieces of what other people wrote and adapt them for my own needs. At least in Excel. I'm not experienced in how this works in Outlook.

?? Not sure. Truthfully, I'm not good at writing my own VBA, but I understand enough to usually steal pieces of what other people wrote and adapt them for my own needs. At least in Excel. I'm not experienced in how this works in Outlook.
im sure you can tell the vba script to launch a batch file and then its simple from there

Video this....

I took this video of him salting his food at his desk when we were in our old offices that didn't have cube walls. Look how much salt he puts on his food...That thing is on the pour setting, and he goes for two servings.
This was amazing. You're just a special person.
:X

Thats disgusting.
So on Monday, we had much of our leadership team here at the office. When they're here, they cater meals for them in their conference room. When they're done, they bring the leftovers out for us peasants to eat. We got an e-mail around lunch time on Monday that there was leftover breakfast food in the kitchen. He jumps up and runs in there, and comes back with A GIANT pile of bacon on a salted bagel. I marveled at it, and asked him if he was going to put his No-Salt on it...he said "Of course," and proceeded to begin pouring salt on it. At that point, not even caring, I took my phone out, and snapped THIS picture.

When he was done, he said, "That was the perfect blend of chewy, crunchy and salty." I told him he needed to get a giant salt lick and just lick it when he was craving salt. He responded, "No! I'd have a heart attack!" So at least he has some standards...

I'll try and get some more video soon. I just unmuted his computer, so I'll play the sound and see if I get a reaction. He reacts sometimes, and other times he just mutes it. The mouse always gets a bang, but I sit on his left side, so it's hard to see his mouse.

**ETA: Sorry, the picture is upside down. My Imageshack account free trial is over, and I'm not paying $2/month to share pictures. The free one I just used inverted my upload, but you get the point...***

im sure you can tell the vba script to launch a batch file and then its simple from there
Where would I find a batch file that can open a CD Drive?

Thats disgusting.
So on Monday, we had much of our leadership team here at the office. When they're here, they cater meals for them in their conference room. When they're done, they bring the leftovers out for us peasants to eat. We got an e-mail around lunch time on Monday that there was leftover breakfast food in the kitchen. He jumps up and runs in there, and comes back with A GIANT pile of bacon on a salted bagel. I marveled at it, and asked him if he was going to put his No-Salt on it...he said "Of course," and proceeded to begin pouring salt on it. At that point, not even caring, I took my phone out, and snapped THIS picture.

When he was done, he said, "That was the perfect blend of chewy, crunchy and salty." I told him he needed to get a giant salt lick and just lick it when he was craving salt. He responded, "No! I'd have a heart attack!" So at least he has some standards...

I'll try and get some more video soon. I just unmuted his computer, so I'll play the sound and see if I get a reaction. He reacts sometimes, and other times he just mutes it. The mouse always gets a bang, but I sit on his left side, so it's hard to see his mouse.

**ETA: Sorry, the picture is upside down. My Imageshack account free trial is over, and I'm not paying $2/month to share pictures. The free one I just used inverted my upload, but you get the point...***
Bacon is already salty enough as it is -- this guy is nuts.

Thats disgusting.

it's not salt. it's "salty".

On a salt bagel no less...Oh god...we just got another "free food" e-mail. "Quesidillas, Salad, Tortilla Chips, Plaintains in S Kitchen" I'm not sure if he's into Mexican though. He actually has a rather picky palate.
Tortilla chips have alot of salt on them, go convince him to grab some.

On a salt bagel no less...Oh god...we just got another "free food" e-mail. "Quesidillas, Salad, Tortilla Chips, Plaintains in S Kitchen" I'm not sure if he's into Mexican though. He actually has a rather picky palate.
Tortilla chips have alot of salt on them, go convince him to grab some.
Oh and take a pic of him pouring salt on it with a penny

OK...So I figured I'd double-whammy him. I sent the e-mail to trigger the shut-down sound, then messed with his mouse. You can hear him mutter "There's definitely something wrong with my computer" after the sound triggers, then you'll hear a loud bang...then right towards the end, one more loud bang. That's me moving his mouse. He still thinks banging it is the best way to fix it.

Sorry for the sub-optimal video angle...The only way I can get video of him is by leaning my phone against a binder that angles around the corner of our cube.

VIDEO

-I'm editing it to rotate it correctly, so if it's sideways right now, it'll fix soon.

Back in the 80s I crushed up an asprin on a sheet of paper, then made a line out of it, then rolled up a dollar bill and placed it on a guys desk. If I did that today I would get fired. It was a huge success at the time.

Something I've done recently is write a program that emulates an application login screen that we use frequently, only there is no way out of the screen except a secret password. I put this on a co-worker's computer and he got pretty frustrated trying to logon.

I ordered the annoy a tron a few weeks ago due to this thread. Today I set it on the back of the water cooler in the reception area of our office. I walked by the lobby an hour later and the receptionist was searching the floor for the cricket. I heard her tell some clients in the lobby that she is trying to catch a cricket. I came back from lunch an hour later and went to the lobby to get some water. She had a cup labeled "cricket catcher" on her desk with food on the floor trying to draw it our. She even punched holes in the top of the cup to give the cricket air when she caught it. Good times. I'll put it out again next week.

Sorry! I missed all the update requests! I was in Florida on 3/31, and usually am not on in the PM.

So we're still running with the mouse prank. We've changed it up some. While I was in Florida, I gave "mouse privileges" to another guy in the group who's in on it. Apparently, our mark really pissed him off at one point while I was gone and he took it out on the guy via the mouse. He said he basically wouldn't let him go 5 minutes without having an "issue" until the guy finally snapped. He said the mark stood up, muttered something, and ripped his mouse out of the PC and stormed off to our IT help desk. He came back with a new mouse.

So we let him sit for a bit without disturbing him...maybe a week...then we started again, but doing it differently this time. I used to drag slowly down and to the left. Now I right click and then make small circles. I still get the same reaction from him (banging it on his desk), but I think he's learning to live with it.

Sadly, the guy got a new position and will be leaving our group after the quarter close (2 weeks or so...). We've basically decided that we're going to leave the transmitter in his docking station and go bother him from time to time in his new location. I may be getting a new position too (fingers crossed), and that means I'll have fresh marks in the new group as well.

Sadly, the we migrated to a new outlook server, and all the old rules were lost. That's OK though...the guy was pretty unaffected by those. It seems some things bother him a lot, but sound isn't one of them...Maybe we can try "savagely raping" him next and see if we can get a reaction.

We did get him a going away present. We don't have to wear ties, but on Tuesday, our group does. "Tie Tuesday." If you don't wear a tie, you have to wear a "penalty tie," which is basically a selection of the WORST ties we could find. We've got skinny leather ones, ones with horrible '70's colors, wide ones, those knit ones, etc. Well, one day he forgot, so we made him wear this one with a horrible airbrushed polar bear on it. He actually liked it and was muttering about how he wanted a Tweety Bird tie. I thought he was joking, so I got him one as a gag gift...turns out he REALLY wanted a Tweety Bird tie, and put it on yesterday and went parading around the office showing everyone who promptly laughed at the big British guy with a Looney Toons tie.

So you guys got me going on this again and I've been messing with him a lot more than usual today. Earlier, he came back from a meeting and was having docking station issues, so I of course started messing with his mouse too. After he banged it a few times, I stopped and said, "I thought you got your mouse replaced? Do you think maybe it's your computer?" To my shock, he said, "No, but I think I know what was causing the problem and I'm going to fix it." I had images of him throwing the USB receiver...or maybe his chair...at my head, so I cautiously said..."Oh...that's good...what'd you do?" His response was, "I think it was my phone. My phone line was running right next to my mouse wire, and I think the electromagnetic signals from my phone have been messing with my mouse." He then proceeded to crawl under his desk and try and move his phone, which he couldn't do...Settling, he just pushed it into the corner of his cube, as far away from his mouse as he could get it.

My new schtick is going to be to leave his mouse alone until he's on the phone, at which point I'm going to make it go absolutely crazy. He hasn't had any calls this afternoon, but he often has ones in the AM. I'll update once he gets a call.

So you guys got me going on this again and I've been messing with him a lot more than usual today. Earlier, he came back from a meeting and was having docking station issues, so I of course started messing with his mouse too. After he banged it a few times, I stopped and said, "I thought you got your mouse replaced? Do you think maybe it's your computer?" To my shock, he said, "No, but I think I know what was causing the problem and I'm going to fix it." I had images of him throwing the USB receiver...or maybe his chair...at my head, so I cautiously said..."Oh...that's good...what'd you do?" His response was, "I think it was my phone. My phone line was running right next to my mouse wire, and I think the electromagnetic signals from my phone have been messing with my mouse." He then proceeded to crawl under his desk and try and move his phone, which he couldn't do...Settling, he just pushed it into the corner of his cube, as far away from his mouse as he could get it.

My new schtick is going to be to leave his mouse alone until he's on the phone, at which point I'm going to make it go absolutely crazy. He hasn't had any calls this afternoon, but he often has ones in the AM. I'll update once he gets a call.
That'll make Tweety* very upset!

*From now on I think you need to refer to him as such.

:lmao: so awesome

Update - I'm still working this mouse prank. He has no clue there's a micro-transmitter in his docking station. Every now and then, and particularly when someone is at his cube with him, I'll turn the mouse on and just gradually drag it in a random direction. He'll SLAM his mouse against the desk, often surprising/shocking whomever is meeting with him. I'll stop after the really loud slams, but if he just taps it, I just push it in a new direction.

At this point, I have him 100% convinced that slamming his mouse down fixes it for a while. This might be the most fun I've had with a work prank, just because he gets so frustrated, and the slamming sound is so rewarding when you can basically make him do it on on command.

I get bonus enjoyment too...sometimes when I hear him typing away at an e-mail, I'll turn the mouse on and just click once. He's a hunt-and-peck typer. On the random chance that his cursor is in the text field, he'll just keep typing in the wrong spot. He'll eventually look up and get all pissed off.

Sooooo much fun.
I literally had to close the office door because I was laughing so hard at this. Nice work!!!

Update - I'm still working this mouse prank. He has no clue there's a micro-transmitter in his docking station. Every now and then, and particularly when someone is at his cube with him, I'll turn the mouse on and just gradually drag it in a random direction. He'll SLAM his mouse against the desk, often surprising/shocking whomever is meeting with him. I'll stop after the really loud slams, but if he just taps it, I just push it in a new direction.

At this point, I have him 100% convinced that slamming his mouse down fixes it for a while. This might be the most fun I've had with a work prank, just because he gets so frustrated, and the slamming sound is so rewarding when you can basically make him do it on on command.

I get bonus enjoyment too...sometimes when I hear him typing away at an e-mail, I'll turn the mouse on and just click once. He's a hunt-and-peck typer. On the random chance that his cursor is in the text field, he'll just keep typing in the wrong spot. He'll eventually look up and get all pissed off.

Sooooo much fun.
I literally had to close the office door because I was laughing so hard at this. Nice work!!!
Thanks! I wish I had more of an update, but nothing at the moment. He was on a call earlier today, and I made his mouse go nuts, but he didn't comment, so either he wasn't paying attention to his computer while he's on the phone, or he's just convinced it's "electromagnetic" interference from his phone and has resided to live with it...I'll keep trying.

To get to our office space you need to go through several doors that are locked at night & unlocked when the first person arrives. After everyone gets there and settles into being "productive", lock the middle door. After the first person walks into the locked door, wait an hour and lock one of the other doors. Wait a few hours and do all the doors just when every one is crabby from a long day. occasionally lock the bathroom doors during the middle of the day. Repeat after 1 1/2 weeks so that everyone forgets and gets comfortable with their surroundings again.

Posted this elsewhere, but it belongs here:

This guy who was a little chunky thought he was like a professional bodybuilder, always giving advice on nutrition/exercise/etc... Anyways, he bought this gigantic bottle of protein - One night when most of the people in the office had left, we emptied out about 80% of the powder and filled it up with the most fattening Aunt Jemima buttermilk pancake mix. For the next month he continued to get fatter and fatter and every time he would make a "protein shake", I would have to resist in busting out in laughter.

Users who are viewing this thread