What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** 13/14 Off-Season Dynasty Trade Thread (2 Viewers)

Not involved

Johnson, Stevie BUF WR

Bennett, Martellus CHI TE

Year 2014 Draft Pick 2.06

Year 2014 Draft Pick 4.05

for

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR

Year 2014 Draft Pick 5.01

Year 2014 Draft Pick 6.01
Looks like a good buy low on Fitz.
That's weird. I thought it was a decent sell high on Fitz.
Stevie and Bennett are low upside roster pluggers who could turn into roster cloggers. 2.6 has very low likelihood to outscore or outworth Fitz at any point in the future.
to be fair, this is a 40 roster + IR + TS league that starts 10 IDP. 2.6 picks up some extra value from IDP, either a few premium IDP will go before that so it's more like the 2.2 or those premium IDP will be there for that pick. Not to mention you're not picking up this year's WR8 off the wire when he does hit, he's going to be on someone's taxi squad. Better yours than someone else's.

Not involved

Johnson, Stevie BUF WR

for

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR

Fitz has a chance to get back into the top 10 - the other side is depth at best. Just my opinion.
Not just to you, Doc. Maybe someone can explain these things to me. Why does Fitzgerald have a chance to re-enter the top 10 and Johnson doesn't? Johnson had one injury scattered season and now he's depth. What are the explanations for that? I'd also be interested in knowing why people would think Carson Palmer is going to get better instead of worse. Last year was probably his last acceptable year as a starting QB. I expect the Cardinals to be fed up with him after this upcoming one.
Was Steve Johnson ever a top 10 WR (to get back there)? During his best season he barely broke 1,000 yards and has had one double digit TD season. His numbers have declined each year since 2010 and last season dramatically. I don't think he's a bad player at all but even during his best seasons he seemed like a guy compiling since the Bills had no other options. Fitzgerald was drafted in the top 10 of the NFL draft and has had four seasons over 1,400 yards, a few others at or over 1,000 yards and has exceeded double digits in TDs 5 times.

Carson Palmer should be playing behind a much better o-line this season. I think he has another year or two of production left.

You do make a fair point though that perhaps we're letting last season cloud our minds when it comes to Stevie Johnson at least. He's capable of being a low end WR2 or upper WR3 at the very least.

Not involved

Johnson, Stevie BUF WR

for

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR

Fitz has a chance to get back into the top 10 - the other side is depth at best. Just my opinion.
Not just to you, Doc. Maybe someone can explain these things to me. Why does Fitzgerald have a chance to re-enter the top 10 and Johnson doesn't? Johnson had one injury scattered season and now he's depth. What are the explanations for that? I'd also be interested in knowing why people would think Carson Palmer is going to get better instead of worse. Last year was probably his last acceptable year as a starting QB. I expect the Cardinals to be fed up with him after this upcoming one.
Was Steve Johnson ever a top 10 WR (to get back there)? During his best season he barely broke 1,000 yards and has had one double digit TD season. His numbers have declined each year since 2010 and last season dramatically. I don't think he's a bad player at all but even during his best seasons he seemed like a guy compiling since the Bills had no other options. Fitzgerald was drafted in the top 10 of the NFL draft and has had four seasons over 1,400 yards, a few others at or over 1,000 yards and has exceeded double digits in TDs 5 times.

Carson Palmer should be playing behind a much better o-line this season. I think he has another year or two of production left.

You do make a fair point though that perhaps we're letting last season cloud our minds when it comes to Stevie Johnson at least. He's capable of being a low end WR2 or upper WR3 at the very least.
Johnson was 10, 16, 18 scoring WR from 2010 to 2012.

Not involved

Johnson, Stevie BUF WR

for

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR

Was Steve Johnson ever a top 10 WR (to get back there)? During his best season he barely broke 1,000 yards and has had one double digit TD season. His numbers have declined each year since 2010 and last season dramatically. I don't think he's a bad player at all but even during his best seasons he seemed like a guy compiling since the Bills had no other options. Fitzgerald was drafted in the top 10 of the NFL draft and has had four seasons over 1,400 yards, a few others at or over 1,000 yards and has exceeded double digits in TDs 5 times.Carson Palmer should be playing behind a much better o-line this season. I think he has another year or two of production left.

Johnson was 10, 16, 18 scoring WR from 2010 to 2012.
Stevie's (and many others like him) been chronically under rated for years IMO by most of the fantasy community. Everyone wants that WR1 potential, and turns their nose up at the unsexy WR 2/3 types. It's a mistake -- if your league starts 40+ WRs a week like many do, the steady WR 20 - 30 (and when Johnson's been healthy, he's been better than that) types are quality weekly starters. Yet they are seen as "meh" by the majority of FF owners, who would rather pay more to likely receive less based on perceived upside.

Trying to rebuild in next years draft. Have Kaep, Gio and Alshon. (4 pts per passing td)

Trade 1

• Gave: Drew Brees, Kenny Britt
  • Got : Jay Cutler, 2015 1st (most likely top 5, they have this years top pick, but they don't own it)
Trade 2

• Gave: Ryan Matthews, Greg Olsen, 2014 2.09, 2015 3rd
  • Got : Jason Witten, Chris Matthews, 2015 1st (middle of the pack)
Even with trading Brees I still have a strong enough teams to make the playoffs and then you never know. I still own my 1st, so if going south, can always move some other players for picks during the year. Here's to hoping 2015 has as much draft potential as 2014. I like the 3 1st rounders and Gio, Alshon and Kaep to build around.

Now the hard part is keeping the picks ... man do I love trading draft picks! I tried to make myself a promise though that I would use this takeover to rebuild through the draft.

12 team PPR dynasty

Gave: Kendall Wright and Thompkins

Got: Reed and 1.10

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying to rebuild in next years draft. Have Kaep, Gio and Alshon. (4 pts per passing td)

Trade 1

• Gave: Drew Brees, Kenny Britt
  • Got : Jay Cutler, 2015 1st (most likely top 5, they have this years top pick, but they don't own it)
Trade 2

• Gave: Ryan Matthews, Greg Olsen, 2014 2.09, 2015 3rd
  • Got : Jason Witten, Chris Matthews, 2015 1st (middle of the pack)
Even with trading Brees I still have a strong enough teams to make the playoffs and then you never know. I still own my 1st, so if going south, can always move some other players for picks during the year. Here's to hoping 2015 has as much draft potential as 2014. I like the 3 1st rounders and Gio, Alshon and Kaep to build around.

Now the hard part is keeping the picks ... man do I love trading draft picks! I tried to make myself a promise though that I would use this takeover to rebuild through the draft.
I'm never a fan of "rebuilding" a legitimate contending team unless the value is simply too good to pass up. Brees and Matthews for two 2015 1sts doesn't remotely qualify IMO.

12 team PPR dynasty

Gave: Wright and Thompkins

That's pretty awful. I own both Wright and Thompkins and would insta-accept either the pick or Reed for both of them.
Unless it is Kendall Wright...then I don't think I would trade him for that
Its Kendall. :topcat:
Its not bad but I am pretty cautious about Reed and his concussions and likely higher on Wright than some

12 team PPR dynasty

That's pretty awful. I own both Wright and Thompkins and would insta-accept either the pick or Reed for both of them.
Its not bad but I am pretty cautious about Reed and his concussions and likely higher on Wright than some
12 team PPR dynasty

I'm very low on Kendall and love the trade.

10 team, 1/2 ppr for WR/TE only, start QRRWWT + flex, max 5 year contracts per player

Traded Calvin Johnson (3 yr)

Received R.Cobb (4 yr), V.Cruz (3 yr), Christine Michael (Devy squad, can give contract up to 5 yrs next season)

Thoughts?

10 team, 1/2 ppr for WR/TE only, start QRRWWT + flex, max 5 year contracts per player

Traded Calvin Johnson (3 yr)

Received R.Cobb (4 yr), V.Cruz (3 yr), Christine Michael (Devy squad, can give contract up to 5 yrs next season)

Thoughts?
Still like Calvin here but that is a very good return

12 Team PPR

Lattimore/Decker

For

1.04 rookie pick
This one is pretty close. I'm not sold on Decker having much fantasy value beyond and spot starter for the next few seasons. Lattimore is a total wildcard. I guess I'd rather the 4 and hope to land Lee.

12 team PPR dynasty

Gave: Decker, Big Ben, Givens

Got: 1.11, 2.9, 2.11
Give me Decker side, if you are rebuilding it is closer though
I can't decide what I'm doing with my roster, but here it is below

RG3, Rivers

Morris, Bush, Richardson, Miller

Calvin, Garcon, Fitz, Wright, McCluster, Sanu, Hankerson

Reed, Cook, Quarless

Picks 1.8, 1.11, 2.9, 2.11, 3.7, 3.8

12 team PPR Dynasty

Gave: Spiller, R. Randle, Nicks, Fred Jackson, 3.11

Got: 1.1, 2.1, 2.4, 2.6
I'll take the picks here.
I think so too, but it's pretty close. If I am making a push, I have no problem paying that for the players involved.

Nicks got a nice boost in value, singning in Indy, and he get another one after his first big game. There's room to profit on all 3 of the big names, even at this price.

I thought it was a very even trade too actually. I expect a huge bounce back from Spiller. He was hurt all last year. His YPC was filthy those 2 prior years. And Nicks landed in a great spot so that really boost his trade value IMO.

I will have a lot of fun with this draft in this league, as this is my updated roster and picks

Newton, Bradford

Charles, Morris, Tate, Stewart, MJD

Calvin, Garcon, AJ, Roddy, Hunter

Cameron, Reed, Quarless

Picks 1.1, 1.11, 2.1, 2.2, 2.4, 2.6, 2.7, 2.9

Last edited by a moderator:
Zealots Field - PPR league

Traded:

Fleener and 3.02 rookie pick

Received:

Edelman

Also have Ertz, L Green and assorted veterans at TE; have Calvin, Julio, D Hopkins, Wallace and assorted others at WR.

Can start 5 at WR/TE.

Just felt that Fleener isn't all that good and needed/wanted more at WR (in Edelman). Felt it was a no-brainer.

Wrong? Right? Meh?

12 team PPR Dynasty

I think so too, but it's pretty close. If I am making a push, I have no problem paying that for the players involved.

Nicks got a nice boost in value, singning in Indy, and he get another one after his first big game. There's room to profit on all 3 of the big names, even at this price.
My thoughts exactly.

Traded:

Received:

Edelman

Also have Ertz, L Green and assorted veterans at TE; have Calvin, Julio, D Hopkins, Wallace and assorted others at WR.

Can start 5 at WR/TE.

Just felt that Fleener isn't all that good and needed/wanted more at WR (in Edelman). Felt it was a no-brainer.

Wrong? Right? Meh?
Is a no brainer for me...I like Edelman more than that

Fleener may be on waivers in alot of leagues before the season is over imo

Traded:

Received:

Edelman

Can start 5 at WR/TE.

Wrong? Right? Meh?
Is a no brainer for me...I like Edelman more than thatFleener may be on waivers in alot of leagues before the season is over imo
Agreed -- Fleener is a turd. He only managed TE23 last year in PPG despite a perfect storm of injuries to almost every other receiving option in Indy. I probably wouldn't even bother to pick him up in many leagues if he was sitting free on waivers.

12 team PPR Dynasty

If I needed a RB I would do this move in a heartbeat. Watkins vs. Spiller is very close. I've said previous pages take a risk to possibly get an elite player in Watkins, but Spiller he could be equally elite after a good year. I'd take Spiller over any rookie RB assuming Seastrunk is not taken in the 1st or 2nd. The side orders are a clear benefit to the Spiller side for me.

12 team PPR

Gave: 2.9 and MJD

Got: 2.3
Upgrading for free :thumbup:
Hmm. I'd pay that for MJD.
Yeah, I would too. He's clearly lost a step, but he had a step or two to lose. If he lands in the right spot, I wouldn't be at all surprised to get a year or two of RB2 out of him.
I think I'd rather spend that roster spot on an additional rookie prospect. Plus the mid 2s is probably where the last of the good WR rookies will end. Would you rather be on the other side of that tier?

Certainly willing to give pocket change for MJD. I think this draft is deep enough 2.9 is good. Possible you get Manziel, ASJ, Freeman, Montcrief there. A lot of guys this year.

Certainly willing to give pocket change for MJD. I think this draft is deep enough 2.9 is good. Possible you get Manziel, ASJ, Freeman, Montcrief there. A lot of guys this year.
I think alot of my opinion is that I am not interested in rostering a guy that will probably get 650 yfs at the end of his career.

Users who are viewing this thread